PDA

View Full Version : PSO Plus Questions

BlazingTiger
Aug 21, 2004, 12:08 AM
Is anyone getting this game? Can you use your old PSO characters? Did Game Stop discontinue PSO 3, I can't find it anywhere? They only advertise PSO 3 as PSO Plus.

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 03:44 AM
PSO Ep 3 is not Plus. Ep 3 is still being sent to stores, my local BBY just got another 4 copies in Tuesday.

Yes, you can use your old characters with Plus.No conversion necessary, just boot the game and play.

BlazingTiger
Aug 21, 2004, 03:25 PM
Any more word on this game? Will there be more weapons and easier to find rare weapons (like PSO version 2 was from the original)? Why make a new game if they are only including a few new quests?

How hard is it for them to just add an expanded version with new levels for offline? Once you build the engine for the programming, the rest is not as hard the second, or third time around.

shingo
Aug 22, 2004, 01:00 PM
its like an addon to the ep 1&2 with bug fixies and offline monster are now are now avilable on line.asked a thing about diffrent drops rates but people say they arent changed in pso+

:Cheep: :Cheep:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-22 11:01 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Aug 23, 2004, 06:52 AM
Will the quest where you can trade your photon drops be added to offline? It makes sense.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 23, 2004, 07:44 AM
On 2004-08-23 04:52, BlazingTiger wrote:
Will the quest where you can trade your photon drops be added to offline? It makes sense.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

shingo
Aug 23, 2004, 08:36 AM
on pso plus page they didnt say that it wont be able too to trade pds.also there more too the game too becasue it says other non disclosed content.

Eanae
Aug 23, 2004, 09:02 AM
On 2004-08-23 06:36, shingo wrote:
on pso plus page they didnt say that it wont be able too to trade pds.also there more too the game too becasue it says other non disclosed content.

Well Pso+ has already been released in Japan, so there are things we do know. There is no Galleons in Pso+ offline, which is the quest to trade in Photon Drops. There for, no PD trade ins. And seriously people. This must be the hundreth time someone has asked these exact same questions. Do a forum search. Use the link. *sigh*

Edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2004-08-23 07:03 ]</font>

Ricer_EP3
Aug 23, 2004, 04:54 PM
The reason they are adding this is not just to be cheap and make a few extra bucks. I think it's also for guys like me who got into pso to late and dont want to pay 70+ bucks on ebay for a used copy.

Zinger314
Aug 23, 2004, 05:17 PM
Nintendo Power confirms it's only those 3 quests. WHY didn't they put Gallon's Shop? WHY?!

What's the point of doing the towers if you can get any PD enhancements for it?!

PJ
Aug 23, 2004, 05:51 PM
Nintedo Power knows nothing. Especially since in the Japanese PSO +, it was Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower and Central Dome Fire Swirl. 1, 2, 3, 4 quests!

...sorry, I just had to point out that the people at Nintendo Power can't even count up to 5 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kargorok
Aug 23, 2004, 06:07 PM
Fuckshit!

PSO plus does not release untill september 11th in my town...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kargorok on 2004-08-23 16:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kargorok on 2004-08-23 16:09 ]</font>

Corey
Aug 23, 2004, 06:11 PM
On 2004-08-23 15:51, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Nintedo Power knows nothing. Especially since in the Japanese PSO +, it was Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower and Central Dome Fire Swirl. 1, 2, 3, 4 quests!

...sorry, I just had to point out that the people at Nintendo Power can't even count up to 5 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nintendo was the one who spilled the beans on PSO+ for USA in the first place though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

and PSO+ was delayed so don't feel sad

Zinger314
Aug 23, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-08-23 15:51, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Well, the guide seems pretty hardset on three quests. Damn.

tennis_guy
Aug 23, 2004, 06:31 PM
So, just to make sure, you CAN use your old characters and items in PSO Plus? (Online as well?) I just want to make sure... I mean, was info released specifically saying you can?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tennis_guy on 2004-08-23 16:32 ]</font>

Eanae
Aug 23, 2004, 06:34 PM
On 2004-08-23 16:31, tennis_guy wrote:
So, just to make sure, you CAN use your old characters and items in PSO Plus? (Online as well?) I just want to make sure... I mean, was info released specifically saying you can?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tennis_guy on 2004-08-23 16:32 ]</font>

simple answer: yes

tennis_guy
Aug 23, 2004, 06:38 PM
On 2004-08-23 16:34, Eanae wrote:

On 2004-08-23 16:31, tennis_guy wrote:

simple answer: yes

I understand the simple answer is yes, but again, did you get this info from an official source, or am I just the only person out there that didn't know that you can use your old stuff...

Eanae
Aug 23, 2004, 06:41 PM
According to the new ST PSO PLUS Webpage, PSO Ep. I & II Plus will feature:

Character and item data is completely transferable data from Ep 1 and 2 similar to how Ver 1 data could be transferred to Ver 2 DCPSO. This is only true for the JP version. You cannot transfer your US characters over to PSO Plus.

If you transfer from JP V1.0, PSO Plus will reset and delete your item data but not your character level (similar to how upgrading to JP V1.1 from V1.0 will do this) but this won't happen if you transfer from JP V1.1.

Game will run on the same Ep 1&2 servers, meaning you can still say hi and play with friends who are on the regular Ep 1 and 2 version.

The currently online only quests such as Seat of the Heart, East Tower and West Tower and will therefore be available for offline play.

A completely new never seen before Ep 2 Challenge Mode. Stages 1 - 5 that will span across VR Temple, VR Spacechip and Gal Da Val island to be availble offline only in PSO Plus (Ep2 C-Mode will be available online soon on Ep 1 and 2).

GBA online only minigame downloads that are already available in the Ep 1 & 2 version such as Chao Garden, Nights Score Attack and Puyo Pop and will therefore be available for offline play.

Other non disclosed offline content.

The same JP Hunters License V1.1 or V1.0 will work for this game.

tennis_guy
Aug 23, 2004, 06:44 PM
So what you are saying by not actually telling me, is that since you can transfer old data in the Japan version, you can do the same in the US version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tennis_guy on 2004-08-23 16:45 ]</font>

Eanae
Aug 23, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-08-23 16:44, tennis_guy wrote:
So what you are saying by not actually telling me, is that since you can transfer old data in the Japan version, you can do the same in the US version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tennis_guy on 2004-08-23 16:45 ]</font>

bingo. American pso's are all version 1.1. Which means all american pso's can be transfered to PSO+ with absolutly no problems what so ever.

tennis_guy
Aug 23, 2004, 06:48 PM
Alright, I geuss that clears things up, thanks.

shingo
Aug 23, 2004, 07:22 PM
man that stinks my parents were going to best buy tomorrow and i was going to buy the pso+ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif .I bet you its not even going to be $29.99 becasue its probally they dealyed thye game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-23 17:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-23 17:26 ]</font>

Ulmo
Aug 23, 2004, 07:44 PM
I would like to know something that I've been wondering about the quests they are adding. Are they of the same difficulty offline as they are offline?

Eanae
Aug 23, 2004, 08:00 PM
On 2004-08-23 17:44, Ulmo wrote:
I would like to know something that I've been wondering about the quests they are adding. Are they of the same difficulty offline as they are offline?

I think you mean offline as online. And the answer is no. The enemies are toned down just like every other enemy in offline mode.

Ulmo
Aug 23, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yes that is what I meant. Too bad they aren't releasing PSO+ on Xbox.

xjustsumloser
Aug 24, 2004, 01:22 PM
would make alot of sence if you could just download the updates for PSO via xbox live. But that wouldnt probably happen.

Eanae
Aug 24, 2004, 03:00 PM
On 2004-08-24 11:22, xjustsumloser wrote:
would make alot of sence if you could just download the updates for PSO via xbox live. But that wouldnt probably happen.

That makes no sense. The game is on a ***DISK*** NOT the hard drive. And don't forget about the game cube as well. There's no possible way to do that.

dooley2k4
Aug 24, 2004, 05:07 PM
well you can do that with the x-box. the x-box hard drive IS SO BIG. i know someone who hacked there x-box and backed up games on the x-box he has 10 x-box games on the hard drive. so you can do it with the x-box.

xjustsumloser
Aug 24, 2004, 05:43 PM
I was just talkin about xbox. cause someone asked if it was comin out for just cube. Its not that much of a update and could be stored on the Harddrive. Only 5 challenge stages that normally take no time to download. and like 3 quests with 3 minigames. Thats not too bad of a download.

Zinger314
Aug 24, 2004, 06:15 PM
On 2004-08-24 13:00, Eanae wrote:

That makes no sense. The game is on a ***DISK*** NOT the hard drive. And don't forget about the game cube as well. There's no possible way to do that.

They could put it on the hard drive, the same way they put Central Dome Fire Swirl on it.

However, there's absolutely no point. All the new quests on PSO + are on XBL.
(Except perhaps Episode 2 Challenge mode Stage 5, but that's ST.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-08-24 16:16 ]</font>

Eanae
Aug 24, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-08-24 16:15, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-08-24 13:00, Eanae wrote:

They could put it on the hard drive, the same way they put Central Dome Fire Swirl on it.

However, there's absolutely no point. All the new quests on PSO + are on XBL.
(Except perhaps Episode 2 Challenge mode Stage 5, but that's ST.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-08-24 16:16 ]</font>

please tell me how the game would know to look at these new files? All these quests were pre input into the game disk to know to be able to download them. the disk has no idea that it would have to load these files, because nothing new can be put on the disk it self...

kazuma56
Aug 24, 2004, 07:29 PM
well, if no one knows, PSO plus has a release date slated for 9/14/04, which means it isn't released until the 15th for me..... let's just hope this "delay" means adding in gallons shop or some other quest(s).

digigram
Aug 24, 2004, 07:43 PM
Anyone hear or see anything regarding the possibility of PSO+ ever being developed for xbox?

thats all

Zinger314
Aug 24, 2004, 07:54 PM
On 2004-08-24 17:43, digigram wrote:
Anyone hear or see anything regarding the possibility of PSO+ ever being developed for xbox?

thats all

As I said, there is NO POINT to making Plue on the Xbox. You need XBL to play Offline, and all the quests are online, so there is no point.

Superguppie
Aug 25, 2004, 04:52 AM
On 2004-08-24 16:32, Eanae wrote:
please tell me how the game would know to look at these new files? All these quests were pre input into the game disk to know to be able to download them. the disk has no idea that it would have to load these files, because nothing new can be put on the disk it self...

I doubt the quests are on the game disk. The elements of it probably are. But the scripts don't have to be there. The code on the disk was made to be patched, and supports downloadable quests. It is entirely possible that it simply checks some places for downloaded files to use. For the XBox the harddisk actualy sounds like quite a logical place for this...

Eanae
Aug 25, 2004, 09:24 AM
On 2004-08-25 02:52, Superguppie wrote:

I doubt the quests are on the game disk. The elements of it probably are. But the scripts don't have to be there. The code on the disk was made to be patched, and supports downloadable quests. It is entirely possible that it simply checks some places for downloaded files to use. For the XBox the harddisk actualy sounds like quite a logical place for this...

That is true, but think of it this way. The guild counter would be the place programmed to look for these files, correct? So technically, the game would not know to load these new files, and get rid of things such as the double save and what not. Of course the quests would be no problem. But there are certain in game issues changed with plus that quite simply cannot be altered.

Superguppie
Aug 25, 2004, 09:57 AM
I'm afraid you are not getting the concept of PSO right.
I don't see why the offline guild counter couldn't check both the disk and my memory card or hard disk (actualy, I think it does!) The same would go for patches that probably can be loaded at startup. Although I don't know if that would go on GC.
I also fail to see why the online guild counter would have to look on my disk for the quests. I can get a list of available quests from the server. And after choosing one I can download the scripts/executables needed to play them. The GCs memory isn't too big, but it's not exactly small either. A script of a few Kb should be no problem without reading from disk constantly.
Another indication the quests are not on the disk is that hackers have taken all kinds of tables from the disk, and never came up with a list of quests that could at some time be made available.

The double save IS NOT ON THE DISK. When going online, or into a team the GC downloads executable code from the server that is sort of the master control program that runs stuff from the disk, and can alter all kinds of stuff. (This feature is used by some programs that allow one to run homebrew code on GC)
I derive this from the stories I heard from the time it came about. In short: At first there was only the single save that is on the disk. Everybody that got FSOD lost his/her entire inventory. Then a nifty patch was placed on the server that did a second save to at least save the stuff you have equiped. This also introduced an extra save upon dropping something that was equiped at the last save. From then on at least the equiped stuff was safe. Downside to this was that the time spent saving was doubled, thus enhancing the risk of FSOD-X that corrupts data. In PSO+ the new save-equiped is the standard one, so the second one from the server is no longer needed.

Mind you, these are all guesses from a programmer that hasn't started hacking his GC PSO yet. I could have some things wrong, but I doubt I am completely wrong.

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 25, 2004, 11:23 AM

The Xbox version doesn't run off the disk. It runs off the hard drive. The disk installs the game the first time it's run, and after that, the disk only serves to provide game data. Furthermore, the Xbox version had PSO Plus's bug fixes within a matter of months of the Xbox version's release. This is why the Shop Dupe and a number of other cheats do not work on the Xbox version. Because the game's executable files are on the Xbox's hard drive, Xbox Live! can update the game at any time you get online.

So again, the game never ran off of the disk to begin with, and Sonic Team can manipulate the executable any way they want.

On 2004-08-24 15:07, dooley2k4 wrote:
well you can do that with the x-box. the x-box hard drive IS SO BIG. i know someone who hacked there x-box and backed up games on the x-box he has 10 x-box games on the hard drive. so you can do it with the x-box.

The Xbox's hard drive is only 40 gigs. That's not very big, by today's standards. Your buddy backing up 10 games probably took up a good 15 to 20 gigs of that. Congratulations.

Rainbowlemon
Aug 25, 2004, 12:13 PM
On 2004-08-25 09:23, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
The Xbox's hard drive is only 40 gigs. That's not very big, by today's standards. Your buddy backing up 10 games probably took up a good 15 to 20 gigs of that. Congratulations.

Actually, the Xbox only has approx. 8Gb hard disc space. Compared to today's standards, this is very minimal, which is why there are unofficial hard disk upgrades available around the web.