PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Remakes: Any Info?

Seifer01
Jun 22, 2002, 06:15 PM
Hey guys,
It's me Seifer again. I was wondering if any of you have heard about the possible remakes that Square is developing of their past Final Fantasy hits. One of these remakes is supposed to be one of Final Fantasy 7 which is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. So naturally I'm very interested in a remake for one of the next-gen consoles. If you got any gossip, info, comments, or anything then post it here. Long live Square.

Peace out,
Seifer

g0th_gUrL
Jun 22, 2002, 11:21 PM
that would be great, but I have no idea. Supposedly, bleem cast's next project was going to be FF7.. but then they kinda went down the hole.

I'll search online and see if i find any info.

g0th_gUrL
Jun 22, 2002, 11:28 PM
this is the only thing i could find:

"January 26, 2001 - Various Japanese news sources have reported the Square has announced that the upcoming PlayStation 2 remakes of Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX will not be sold in a single collection, but will instead be sold separately. All three games will be released on DVD and will include special extras, plus visual and aural improvements over their PlayStation equivalents. IGNPS2 will have more information on each of these titles, as it becomes available. "

That's old news, and I couldn't find anything more current. If this is still true, then looks like I gotta get a PS2 solely for the purpose of getting these remakes. GRRR!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nerd
Jun 22, 2002, 11:40 PM
They should definitely remake 7, improve the music and give it a happy ending. Yes, i realize giving it a happy ending would negate most of the film...er games meaning and ideals, but i want muh dam happy ending!

CodeName62
Jun 23, 2002, 10:48 AM
I know that Final Fantasy Tactics is being remade for the Game Boy Advance. The remake won't be identical to the original playstation version. It will be different by being a bit stripped down, and having an easier save feature.

RuneLateralus
Jun 23, 2002, 11:04 AM
Well, there are three true FF remakes out there. Final Fantasy I-III were released on the WonderSwan Color (a portable system). The games look like a SNES make over of the games. The games and the system were supposed to come to America, but Mattel said they did not want the system to be released in America (the system was a joint project between Bandai and Mattel), so the we missed out on these games.

Sad too, these games looked bad ass. Plus not to mention a lot of other WSC color games looked great as well. I should import the system, but I do not have the money...

Seifer01
Jun 23, 2002, 02:51 PM
I had a good idea that they were making remakes. I just wasn't sure when. Looks like nobody else knows either.
I just hope that if they do come out that they don't just go to the PS2. That would really suk. If they are coming out lets hope they go at least to the cube. Remember that Nintendo and Square are on friendly terms now. So their is a chance we cubeheads might get a little more square. (laugh at my lame jokes if you would) Peace out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seifer01 on 2002-06-23 12:56 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 23, 2002, 04:10 PM
Saddly i heard that any FF games coming to the cube have gone on the backburner as Square are having serious money troubles, so there is little chance of them coming out at all.
Somehow Squares got themselves into major debt, god knows how. Well, heres hoping the remakes do make it...

TeamPhalanx
Jun 23, 2002, 04:50 PM
I doubt you'll see a SQUARESOFT game for the GC or any other console besides the PS2 since it creates a conflict of interest. The remakes were put on hold a while back. Earliest you'll see 'em is probably winter 2003.

Greg
Jun 24, 2002, 11:23 AM
They are on indefinate hold so we can play shitty disney games as well as bad MMORPG's yay square!

Seifer01
Jun 24, 2002, 09:39 PM
I agree with the Disney thing. I mean who wants to play an RPG with donald duck. Bad move Square.