PDA

View Full Version : PSO:BB- Not in English... Yet (edited)

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 08:33 AM
Added by PSOW:

In an effort to make sure everyone has accurate info, we just wanted to add this little update to Arislan's post. While the original post is true for PSO Blue Burst in it's current state (that it is not in English, and there is no way to make it English), there has been recent news indicating that an English version of PSO Blue Burst will be released in Spring of '05. There is a thread to discuss this news here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=92554&forum=1&68). Please keep checking back for further updates http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PSO: Blue Burst is not an English Language game. There is very little in the game that is in English at all. Playing Blue Burst is as if you were playing the GC/XBox version using the JP language setting, all the time.

There is no language patch to make it English available at this time. The one that was attempted is well nigh useless (translates very very little, main menu and status only), and if used, puts the user in violation of ToS with ST. Unlike with GC/XBox, BB GMs mean business, and WILL ban you for breach of ToS. So no using the near useless patch.

There is no English version floating around out there. Your brother's cousin that heard it from his hacker friend is wrong. It doesn't exist. It is Japanese only.

This is a public service announcement from Arislan. You may now return to your homes, under standard blackout procedures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-01-12 19:18 ]</font>

Eanae
Aug 21, 2004, 08:42 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Seriously. This should be stickied up there with the rest of them. Though that's never stopped n00bs asking these stupid questions in the past <_< >_>

Eanae's tip for navigating the menus:
Go onto the game cube/x-box pso, and write down all the menu's if you don't have them memorized. I didn't have the chat options memorized, seeing as I have never played pso online before. It works wonders. I also wrote down the order items go into when you sort them to know the difference between antidotes and antiparalysis.

Sef
Aug 21, 2004, 08:48 AM
Well perhaps we can wait for a translation by ST themselves.(If there's been word that we're not getting one, don't flame me for it.)

But yes, it is a Japanese game only.

SpyroDi
Aug 21, 2004, 08:48 AM
Heh,I tend to remember all the menus in Japanese games. I also can read Katakana too,so that way I can read most item names.

EJ
Aug 21, 2004, 08:56 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Watch people still ask if BB is out in english.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-08-21 10:52 ]</font>

Para
Aug 21, 2004, 12:46 PM
There's too much idiots that keep asking the same damn questions over and over again -_-

READ THE FAQ!

Zinger314
Aug 21, 2004, 12:57 PM
Meh. PSOBB is not getting my money until atleast the items are translated.

(Trying to feed a mag with no clue what the items are + Little Legit experience = torture)

Cynric
Aug 21, 2004, 01:16 PM
On 2004-08-21 10:57, Zinger314 wrote:

(Trying to feed a mag with no clue what the items are + Little Legit experience = torture)

Yeah, that's hard. That's why I wrote down every recovery item's kanji, figured out what it was, and wrote the english name next to it. Raising mags has never been easier! (except in GC/Xbox http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Eanae
Aug 21, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-08-21 11:16, Cynric wrote:

On 2004-08-21 10:57, Zinger314 wrote:

Yeah, that's hard. That's why I wrote down every recovery item's kanji, figured out what it was, and wrote the english name next to it. Raising mags has never been easier! (except in GC/Xbox http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

bingo.

Cheeky
Aug 21, 2004, 02:04 PM
Hell I forgot all about Blue Burst. Without ultimate, the game is flat out boring.

Sharkyland
Aug 21, 2004, 03:54 PM
There's no ultimate mode?

JohanCC
Aug 21, 2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, what's up with the no ultimate mode anyway?

And if you're an english speaker study your katakana first. Its a lifesaver.

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 04:14 PM
Not yet. Ultimate/Challenge/Battle are all "To Be Added Soon". No ETA, but likely before we get Stern Lux.

Para
Aug 21, 2004, 04:19 PM
Where was this information about ultimate and challenge mode and battle mode coming soon?

I mean where on the sega site.

Saffran
Aug 21, 2004, 04:41 PM
Cheeky, you got 110 levels on Beta only... If you crave for the game THAT much, start a FOnewearl offline on DC. Or something.

And that lv 181 fonewm (from the BB pics thread) is pretty shocking.

We need a exp buffering party...

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 04:51 PM
It wasn't. I got that from a GM while in Beta. After chatting about the importers for a bit, I had asked when the extra things were coming in. He told me that "of course" it would have to be after Beta, and that it would be coming in soon after it gets put out in stores. A few people said that they were going to get bored if they had to keep levelling on Very Hard once retail came out, and the GM just replied with what I said before.

Mind you, GMs aren't the most intelligent bunch, but in-house GMs do tend to be able to look at Build Versions, and it's very likely that he has seen/used a version that has some kind of support for these built in.

Given the prodigious rate we're getting additional quests on BB at the moment, I'd be willing to make a bet that we'll get the modes before December. Ultimate would be extremely easy, as we already have the data, and just need the server to allow us to play it.

Para
Aug 21, 2004, 05:05 PM
On 2004-08-21 14:51, Arislan wrote:
It wasn't. I got that from a GM while in Beta. After chatting about the importers for a bit, I had asked when the extra things were coming in. He told me that "of course" it would have to be after Beta, and that it would be coming in soon after it gets put out in stores. A few people said that they were going to get bored if they had to keep levelling on Very Hard once retail came out, and the GM just replied with what I said before.

Mind you, GMs aren't the most intelligent bunch, but in-house GMs do tend to be able to look at Build Versions, and it's very likely that he has seen/used a version that has some kind of support for these built in.

Given the prodigious rate we're getting additional quests on BB at the moment, I'd be willing to make a bet that we'll get the modes before December. Ultimate would be extremely easy, as we already have the data, and just need the server to allow us to play it.

Before december? By then alot of people would be like finished all the content thats on BB lol

Saffran
Aug 21, 2004, 05:15 PM
Nah, Ultimate will probably be out in october or something.
Considering that September will be filled with the Sega Cup (maximum Attack quest and secret quest) they will probably release it after that. As for the Stern Lux Plateau, they always said they had November in mind. It's written on one of those info corners about the new levels and ennemies...

Well actually, that would be one more argument for getting Ultimate on December : the people would have the time to get used to the stern lux plateau before getting to the last difficulty...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2004-08-21 15:16 ]</font>

Jason
Aug 28, 2004, 06:27 PM
On 2004-08-21 14:41, Saffran wrote:

What, that FOnewm reached Lv 181 without Ultimate Mode? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 28, 2004, 06:52 PM
On 2004-08-28 16:27, Jason wrote:

What, that FOnewm reached Lv 181 without Ultimate Mode? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yup. I know someone who has a L150+ character, too.

Remember that the exp counts have been tweaked, and Ep2 is now very good exp. Presumably, the FOnewm made many, many, many VHard Ep2 Seabed runs.

Arislan
Aug 28, 2004, 08:37 PM
/me is forcibly reminded of many many Ult Ruins runs in DC for Level 200

Jason
Aug 28, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-08-28 16:52, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-08-28 16:27, Jason wrote:

Yup. I know someone who has a L150+ character, too.

Remember that the exp counts have been tweaked, and Ep2 is now very good exp. Presumably, the FOnewm made many, many, many VHard Ep2 Seabed runs.

Well, if it is the DC version 2 without touching Ultimate to lv up to that much, that would be shocking. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

AquaFlare7
Aug 30, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-08-21 06:33, Arislan wrote:
PSO: Blue Burst is not an English Language game. There is very little in the game that is in English at all. Playing Blue Burst is as if you were playing the GC/XBox version using the JP language setting, all the time.

There is no language patch to make it English available at this time. The one that was attempted is well nigh useless (translates very very little, main menu and status only), and if used, puts the user in violation of ToS with ST. Unlike with GC/XBox, BB GMs mean business, and WILL ban you for breach of ToS. So no using the near useless patch.

There is no English version floating around out there. Your brother's cousin that heard it from his hacker friend is wrong. It doesn't exist. It is Japanese only.

This is a public service announcement from Arislan. You may now return to your homes, under standard blackout procedures.

The so called "hack" was nothing more than swapping one sega made file with another. The english part of the menues wasn't third party coding but rather a file directly from sega themselves. So this shows that they at the very least attempted at an english translation, and quite possibly continue this project on the side.

My name is Shane G. Stanley and I approved this message o_O

Arislan
Aug 30, 2004, 04:23 PM
Aquaflare- I'm quite aware of what the hack is, I've mentioned what it was and how it was done several times before. As a matter of fact, my mentioning that was what got a rumor floating around that the English version was coming soon... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Apparently someone thought that since I said Sega was working on the files, that that means that an English version is imminent. Still get PMs about it to this day, despite this sticky. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

DarK-SuN
Sep 3, 2004, 01:37 PM
Oops, I only noticed a few days ago, my ISP deleted the whole content of my website, taking along my PSOBB Visual Guide with it.

The new URL is http://pwp.netcabo.pt/DarK-SuN/PSOBB meaning people who want to use the button setup visual guide included in it, can use it once again.
My signature was updated accordingly.

I apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused, blame my stupid ISP for this one.

WTigerBlade
Sep 22, 2004, 08:56 AM
Is there a reason they won't translate it to english...
If they do I know lots of people who would want to buy it!

Nicktendonick
Oct 4, 2004, 02:32 PM
Is ST gona release BB in the U.S. ? I want to play EP4, but i'm don't want to play it if i can't understand it.

Gats
Oct 8, 2004, 09:18 PM
how much exp does olga flow give u now?

Kurosawa
Oct 9, 2004, 03:45 AM
From what I've heard, there are no plans for a US release.

Just another example of ST treating NA fans like crap.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 10, 2004, 11:22 PM
I guess I never added it here. Yes, translations. US? Maybe, earliest Febuary 2005. But the Maybe will prevail first.

Getintothegame
Nov 29, 2004, 01:30 AM
Wait, there are plans to make a US translation?
And there are no plans to release it in the US?

Meh, I've purchased my BB HL, I hope they do a translation at least, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

shinobu_seta
Dec 27, 2004, 03:52 PM
On 2004-10-09 01:45, Kurosawa wrote:
From what I've heard, there are no plans for a US release.

Just another example of ST treating NA fans like crap.

But can you honestly blame them? It seems that the majority of US players just want to hack and crash the game and cheat anyway. It would be more costly to attempt to prevent stuff like this, so why not just exclude them? Let the US players deteriorate on the GC while the Japanese players enjoy a care free hackless version?

They make more money from the Japanese players anyway. We'll most likely see a US version eventually, but I wouldn't blame them at all for not doing it.

Skorpius
Dec 27, 2004, 04:27 PM
But can you honestly blame them? It seems that the majority of US players just want to hack and crash the game and cheat anyway.
Actually, the majority of code breakers and AR code makers are EU players.

shinobu_seta
Dec 27, 2004, 05:59 PM
On 2004-12-27 13:27, Skorpius wrote:

But can you honestly blame them? It seems that the majority of US players just want to hack and crash the game and cheat anyway.

I should rephrase everything I said to english speaking characters then, my appologies. I just wouldn't care if they didn't do an english version at all.

Hrith
Dec 27, 2004, 06:24 PM
How come, then, that all the codes are NA only to begin with ? and most remain.
EU players hacking US games ? geez

PhotonDrop
Dec 27, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-12-27 15:24, Kef wrote:

How come, then, that all the codes are NA only to begin with ? and most remain.
EU players hacking US games ? geez

Soulja quit so there goes half the code makers, and I think that EU is harder to decode or something >.>;

Skorpius
Dec 27, 2004, 07:06 PM
^ Pretty much got it. PAL and PSO-Plus are much more difficult to mess with than US 1.0/1.1

jnblz316
Jan 6, 2005, 09:36 AM
i would like to see the english translated. but i can also live without the english. the cheating and hacking drove out of the psogc and psox. when i saw what they had planned for blue burst i was all for it.

Tycho
May 31, 2005, 07:55 PM
I think this topic should be updated. Or just un-stickied.

Dhylec
May 31, 2005, 08:26 PM
as you wish tyc http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif