PDA

View Full Version : Will Sonic Team make graphical improvements?

SMOKU_9X
Jun 22, 2002, 07:16 PM
I heard that Sonic Team was going to make gameplay and graphical improvements to E.1&2, anyone have new news about this?(And yes people, Xbox will not be getting E.1&2, they weren't supposed to get Ver.2, but Sonic Team was ordered to because a deal was struck with Microsoft and Sega. Buy a Gamecube if you are a fan of Sonic Team said a ST employee.)

SMOKU_9X
Jun 22, 2002, 07:18 PM
I'm not bashing Xbox, I'm just laying the facts, but if SOnic Team likes developing for the Box, then E.1&2 may see light on Microsofts system.

Greg
Jun 22, 2002, 07:23 PM
Go the fuck away n00b

SMOKU_9X
Jun 22, 2002, 07:30 PM
Wow! 2650 posts, you must not have a life!
Don't worry, theirs alot of people just like u!

GhoStar
Jun 22, 2002, 07:31 PM
I heard that Sonic Team was going to make gameplay and graphical improvements to E.1&2, anyone have new news about this?(And yes people, Xbox will not be getting E.1&2, they weren't supposed to get Ver.2, but Sonic Team was ordered to because a deal was struck with Microsoft and Sega. Buy a Gamecube if you are a fan of Sonic Team said a ST employee.)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I think people sign up just to piss off Greg and mention the Xbox version as not being EI & II and just a port.

I can't wait until both are released and the Console fanboys really come out. GREAT DAYS AHEAD WE HAVE!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Greg
Jun 22, 2002, 07:38 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:30, SMOKU_9X wrote:

I am not going to justify this with a full response. Lets just say that your assumptions will be the end of you. =]

And Ghostar... Sadly I agree http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dark-Sight
Jun 22, 2002, 07:52 PM
hey do u own omeag hour?

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 07:56 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:16, SMOKU_9X wrote:

Sorry but I'm not surprised Greg got pissed off... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif That comment was COMPLETELY uneccessary if you were only going to ask about graphical improvements in Gamecube. And you DID sound like a fanboy, sorry but it's true. And that's stupid about saying that remark just keep your comments to yourself, otherwise name the topic "Sorry Xbox fans but your console sucks" And then await the flames you're going to experience by such an uneccessary topic.

But keeping on the purpose of this thread. I think there will be some slight improvements in the characters and obviously on the new stages. Also the old stages will probably look the same but a little better. One that has the trial said it looks more sharpy. I also hope they add more lighting effects like the PC version.

MarkXIII
Jun 22, 2002, 07:58 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:16, SMOKU_9X wrote:

So your so well informed you know what ST likes an dislikes but somehow managed to miss all the recent screenshots & videos of PSO ep I&II? mmmkay..

Uska
Jun 22, 2002, 08:11 PM
bah, Fanboy ahoy! lol
No but really, it doesnt matter blah blah X Box will have this..they havent even finished yet. None of you for a fact KNOW! All you can do is have faith on what u want most but also get ready to be happy or disapointed. Now the fact about screen shots(to my beleif) the following:
those screens were prob early in the game, so waht that means is they used the source code from the original game. I myself am a programer-in-training, and know that it can be done. They add stuff to taht source code from the other ones(like better visuals by replacing the models, adding features porting it to use the GC SDK so the files are compatible), and thus if its early it looks the same. There IS still time for them to release it and trust me they WILL add more stuff.
And one more example. If anybody here is a Zelda fan, remember those early Ocarina of Time screens? The town was completely changed from those screens, change visuals and took away that cool Unicorn Fountain scene. When fans played it comepletely they found those scenes to be taken out comepletely or changed visualy. This serves us as a lesson, NEVER think that early screens will be comeplete equavilants of the actual finished version.
(now lets see who either finds a good come back, or cant find one and flames me, cuase thats all they can do..)

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 08:19 PM
On 2002-06-22 18:11, Uska wrote:
bah, Fanboy ahoy! lol
No but really, it doesnt matter blah blah X Box will have this..they havent even finished yet. None of you for a fact KNOW! All you can do is have faith on what u want most but also get ready to be happy or disapointed. Now the fact about screen shots(to my beleif) the following:
those screens were prob early in the game, so waht that means is they used the source code from the original game. I myself am a programer-in-training, and know that it can be done. They add stuff to taht source code from the other ones(like better visuals by replacing the models, adding features porting it to use the GC SDK so the files are compatible), and thus if its early it looks the same. There IS still time for them to release it and trust me they WILL add more stuff.
And one more example. If anybody here is a Zelda fan, remember those early Ocarina of Time screens? The town was completely changed from those screens, change visuals and took away that cool Unicorn Fountain scene. When fans played it comepletely they found those scenes to be taken out comepletely or changed visualy. This serves us as a lesson, NEVER think that early screens will be comeplete equavilants of the actual finished version.
(now lets see who either finds a good come back, or cant find one and flames me, cuase thats all they can do..)

I don't think they're going to make graphical improvements too much in the old stages,they'll look just the same only better because it's on GC and it'll probably look perfect, like it was intended. It'll look with less sharpy edges, it probably will not use the anti-aliasing that you can see where in the texture is blurry and where it's more crisp and clear. They will though add more stuff for sure but I'm just happy it has real time shadows and improvements, the game looks just fine, of course I don't mind if they make it look AWESOME either haha~

Uska
Jun 22, 2002, 08:27 PM
On 2002-06-22 18:19, Rubesahl wrote:

On 2002-06-22 18:11, Uska wrote:
bah, Fanboy ahoy! lol

I don't think they're going to make graphical improvements too much in the old stages,they'll look just the same only better because it's on GC and it'll probably look perfect, like it was intended. It'll look with less sharpy edges, it probably will not use the anti-aliasing that you can see where in the texture is blurry and where it's more crisp and clear. They will though add more stuff for sure but I'm just happy it has real time shadows and improvements, the game looks just fine, of course I don't mind if they make it look AWESOME either haha~

Yeah well I sorta used GC as an example, and I really meant the characters. But with all that set, they may add a little something new to the stages. And the new stages or course will be awesome. But also keep in mind that they mostly depend on Textures. hehe, PSO is a Texture mosnter, so it depends on how they use em(and how the new machines can display em). I dont think tahts a problem though, the tectures and graphics overall should look awesome.
And one more thing: TRUST SONIC TEAM, theyre to my mind the best programers around, they know waht theyre doing and what tehy will do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

X-thirteen
Jun 22, 2002, 08:58 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:52, Dark-Sight wrote:
hey do u own omega hour?

yes he does

SMOKU_9X
Jun 23, 2002, 02:22 PM
Hey really, I'm not a Fanboy. Actually, I just heard alot of people discussing this, I'm a big magazine reader and just said what I heard in 5 different magazines.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 23, 2002, 02:29 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:23, Greg wrote:
Go the fuck away n00b

You need to grow up and stop with the immature attacks. Theres an old Chinese saying that goes "If you must curse to say something, then it's not worth saying" as you just proved right now with your irrelevant and immature post.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 03:28 PM
On 2002-06-23 12:22, SMOKU_9X wrote:
Hey really, I'm not a Fanboy. Actually, I just heard alot of people discussing this, I'm a big magazine reader and just said what I heard in 5 different magazines.

Gee, and I've read in OXM and EGM that the XBOX will get a game entitled "Phantasy Star Online 2" this fall with XBOX Live, not to mention that same title is said to come out this Fall at xbox.com.

Look, with all the conflicting info we've gotten on the XBOX version, we have little clue what it's going to be.

Oh, and I would be very surprised if the final releases of both games have no graphical improvment.

shinokou
Jun 23, 2002, 04:32 PM
anybody notice that the people who say n00b are always these huge idiots? god, they cant even spell out the word newbie, and they cant use the letter o, they have to use the zeros to be cooooollll! hey n00b u beht teh suxors32! i am superXcloudTRUNKZman! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

shinokou
Jun 23, 2002, 04:35 PM
oh, and to stay with the subject, from what i read at ign about the e3 showing, the games are only marginally improved; of course, those were very early. I also read in the letters section at xbox.ign.com that PSO on xbox will be the same as version 2; and the printing that PSO 2 is the xbox title must be some mistake, as PSO 2 is not going to be worked on until after PSO on xbox is done... hmmm... conflicting things.... of course, even that may be untrue, as rumors have cast a shroud around the xbox version of PSO. We really dont know what to expect, and putting all our speculations on this thread will probably only make these rumors worse. OH well, i'm just getting the GC version anyways; voice chat isn't a big deal to me.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:35 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:30, SMOKU_9X wrote:

On 2002-06-23 12:22, SMOKU_9X wrote:

O ok im sure you have a huge life reading all these magazines. Dont make attacks on peoples personal life retard.

Cloak
Jun 23, 2002, 06:42 PM
On 2002-06-23 12:29, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:

On 2002-06-22 17:23, Greg wrote:
Go the fuck away n00b

You need to grow up and stop with the immature attacks. Theres an old Chinese saying that goes "If you must curse to say something, then it's not worth saying" as you just proved right now with your irrelevant and immature post.

Exactly. And insults aside, why get so defensive over a console?.. I could see if you were on the team who made/designed it.. but I doubt even they care if one or two people dislike it. And anyways, I do think I remember (in my rare trips to OH) "GameCube Forums: Nintendo's shitty alternative to pokemon =P". Fanboy powa?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

GC 'liker' ---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif <--- XB 'liker'(or vice versa) = pointless.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

Cloak
Jun 23, 2002, 06:47 PM
O ok im sure you have a huge life reading all these magazines. Dont make attacks on peoples personal life retard.

Well.. lol.. when you see someone with over 500-1000 posts.. certain things come to mind about this.. said person. But I guess the insult was uncalled for. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

BTW I also remember hearing the quote "If youre a fan of ST get a GC." Though I'm unsure if the source of that quote was a forum fanboy line.... or if it were real... =o

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 08:37 PM
On 2002-06-23 14:32, shinokou wrote:
anybody notice that the people who say n00b are always these huge idiots?

That is why I use it as satire. "L33T speak" is for dummies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yeah, well... Confusious says "Suck my nuts".

MarkXIII
Jun 24, 2002, 10:39 AM
On 2002-06-23 13:28, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Gee, and I've read in OXM and EGM that the XBOX will get a game entitled "Phantasy Star Online 2" this fall with XBOX Live, not to mention that same title is said to come out this Fall at xbox.com.

Could i get the issue number an page for that EGM one?

VariantXL
Jun 25, 2002, 02:22 AM
Cant wait until actual information from the mouth of sonic team comes out..... then the REAL chaos will begin. Hours of entertainment for me....

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 02:43 AM
Well.. lol.. when you see someone with over 500-1000 posts.. certain things come to mind about this.. said person. But I guess the insult was uncalled for. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Let me break it down for you,
Im visiting my dad for the summer and we live in the hills so i cant go out and "hang" unless i like to hang with OLD people and my dad has to work 14 hours a day becuase it seems my stepmom has run off and rented an apartment and that only ADDS to the money tensions and well i quit DAOC becuase it SUX so i have nothing better to do but post here and talk about the upcoming game i am getting hyped for. i dont want to practice music for next year school becuase, ITS SUMMER. i cant practice guitar becuase i broke my High E String and i dont live close to a music store.
O yeah might i Add i have been here for over a year so that might add to why i have so many posts.

...whew.

AynRand
Jun 25, 2002, 05:05 AM
it seems as is the way of topics here the same people come in and run their mouths which has nothing to do with the topic, we just end up with bitching and moaning, which leads to more posts of it.

Its about time something was done about this kind of crap and those that start it.

Sleet1
Jun 26, 2002, 03:25 PM
Like you have never turned a subject into a flamr rave or helped. hypocrite.

Cloak
Jun 26, 2002, 03:47 PM
Funny sleet, I was gona say the same thing kinda, but I cleared out the post and left PSOW because I didn't feel like starting anything. But since ya said something here's what I typed earlier... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

"lol sleet, you didn't need to give me that explanation ya know. I wasnt even paying attention to your personal post amounts. just was showing some sorta "credibility" to his big posts=no life theory.. and then said even tho it may be true, no need to insult. but like I said you can pretty much tell someone's life by seeing 300+ posts, or even *gasp*, 2000. not that you'd need to point it out to anyone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

and nausicaa I don't think you're in the right place to judge people with big mouths.. or starting sh*t... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif"

Sleet1
Jun 26, 2002, 03:51 PM
lol this is actually a low post count for how long ive been here.

QueenBee
Jun 27, 2002, 02:30 AM
Greg...you are great. I love the way you are so sarcastic 2 people...lol. Anyways...who is this Cloak person that is trying 2 use my name as a title. Well its not exactly my name, but its close enough...Whats up wit dat???

Cloak
Jun 27, 2002, 08:12 PM
Greg...you are great. I love the way you are so sarcastic 2 people...lol.

oh cool, I always looked up to people who sat on forums all day, looking for the nearest person to unnecessarily flame, too. those people are SO cool!

but anyways queenbee person, me = mooka bee queen. you = generic bee related name. got it? good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

(C) Mooka Bee Empire.
Disclaimer: Mooka Bees is in no way affiliated or related to the insect, bees. Inc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloak on 2002-06-27 18:15 ]</font>

SMOKU_9X
Jun 27, 2002, 09:56 PM
*Clears throught*

Now back to the topic..........

VariantXL
Jun 27, 2002, 10:49 PM
Sonic team will make optimizations for the xbox hardware.... other than probaly absolutely no slowdown when there are like 20 monsters on screen plus your 4 guys. Probaly cleaner textures and a sharper looking game but no new effects other than the ones on the gc version

Sabrina_X
Jun 27, 2002, 10:52 PM
Hey AynRand i like your pic, where waz this taken? Are you getting PSO for the GC???? Maybe we can get together online sometime!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sabrina_X on 2002-06-27 21:01 ]</font>

QueenBee
Jun 27, 2002, 11:10 PM
I wouldnt call it lookin up 2 him, i just call it...him gettin right 2 the point on stupid ass people. Ohhh and whatever kind of non insect related bee u think you are, it matters not. All that matters is, you are using a version of my name. Maybe its kinda flattering that some newbie would wanna be like me...lol...

Wewt
Jun 28, 2002, 08:27 AM
On 2002-06-27 20:49, VariantXL wrote:
Sonic team will make optimizations for the xbox hardware.... other than probaly absolutely no slowdown when there are like 20 monsters on screen plus your 4 guys.

Cool....and how do you know this?

BattleAngel
Jun 28, 2002, 08:34 AM
They have made several graphical improvements. And I's sure we'll not be dissapointed when the final version is released.

The trial is just amazing, so many new things to see and try. Can't wait to get back home to play.

Malkavian
Jun 28, 2002, 08:43 AM
On 2002-06-28 06:27, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Sonic team will make optimizations for the xbox hardware.... other than probaly absolutely no slowdown when there are like 20 monsters on screen plus your 4 guys.

Well that's common xbox fan bullshit

Cloak
Jun 28, 2002, 02:50 PM
me? want to be like... you? puh-leaze. don't flatter yourself.

as if that first comment wasn't bad enough, calling me a newbie? bleh. maybe to psow, not like my status on this site matters anyway. keep in mind omega hour and psow aren't THE sites of the pso universe. 'specially not OH. _-_

http://www.jrc1985.fsnet.co.uk/host/slicer.gif

=o

(e)~plus I was kinda joking with the first post but if you wana get serious, 'k. besides, queenbee isn't the most original name. *tries to count number of chars seen on pso named queenbee on her fingers* damnit!... need... more... fingers!...~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloak on 2002-06-28 12:54 ]</font>

SMOKU_9X
Jun 28, 2002, 09:52 PM
Xbox so far doesn't have any improvements over the cube version as of yet. They are indeed par, except ones ver.2 and ones not.

VariantXL
Jun 28, 2002, 11:51 PM
On 2002-06-28 06:43, Malkavian wrote:

On 2002-06-28 06:27, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Well that's common xbox fan bullshit

Well i dont ever recall being an xbox fan, but youd sensibly would have to make optimizations to ANY game you port to another system to get the best out of the hardware. Seeing the improvements that were made on the GC version theyd probaly make the xbox version to look the same or better. There is still the question of whether its a port of either DC or GC versions or it could be a game made from the ground up.

SMOKU_9X
Jun 29, 2002, 02:49 PM
OFF TOPIC: Xbox is trying to get a hold of some good games this holiday season, or it could be in trouble. With that said....go with the cube........it will lasy longer.