PDA

View Full Version : No more auto-aim for Barta?

vdechpokket
Aug 23, 2004, 12:05 AM
Once barta lvl is above 15, there is no more auto-aim?

sonic_blast
Aug 23, 2004, 02:02 AM
It still has auto-aim, I'm sure. Maybe your foe was just outta range.
I have a FOnewm and he uses lvl 30 Barta. He can hit monsters like nano dragon without them realizing. so the range is pretty big.

Jasam
Aug 24, 2004, 01:14 PM
Barta still has auto aim at higher levels.... what ever made you think it didn't?

Joltox
Aug 24, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evidence is everywhere on this one. The auto-aim still works no matter what and at higher levels you can snipe enemies from afar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LeviathanIX
Aug 24, 2004, 03:58 PM
Yup, it still has auto aim.. maybe it's your controller O.o well... highly doubtful.. but it is possible that your character wasn't facing the right direction, and couldn't target the enemy for some reason.. I really don't know..

Dhylec
Aug 24, 2004, 07:30 PM
well, the tech has its range & target lock-on functions
it can be the button layout that affect the autotarget
can be other tech's shortcuts and the area's setting.. like distance, boxes, traps, other foes, or other player/s that can distract the lock-on..

vdechpokket
Aug 24, 2004, 10:57 PM
i see what you mean, i don't know if it's just a BB thing that there is no more lock on, will post some screen shot later so you can see what i mean,

Drago
Aug 28, 2004, 03:26 PM
On 2004-08-24 20:57, vdechpokket wrote:
i see what you mean, i don't know if it's just a BB thing that there is no more lock on, will post some screen shot later so you can see what i mean,

trust me there is a lock on, but maybe you need to get closer and remember, line up the shot or your never gonna hit.

vdechpokket
Aug 29, 2004, 06:59 PM
trust me there isn't for PSOBB, there is a bug, many people confirmed it already

sonic_blast
Aug 29, 2004, 09:54 PM
maybe it's not a bug? intentional???
remember, ST has weird thoughts all the time....

Tycho
Aug 30, 2004, 12:52 AM
No, I know what you're talking about. It's partly true, but hasn't got anything to do with the level.
Just try to slightly help the game with aiming by adjusting the direction your character is facing, then it should work alright. Hope that helps.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 30, 2004, 07:15 AM
Actually, what vdechpokket is talking about is barta lvls 15+ in PSOBB tend to function more like dumbfire missiles, they have apparently lost their ability to auto-aim compared to lower level barta.

For those of you in doubt, this issue is easily tested by grabbing a few Wizard/Tech or Devil/Tech, so that your barta lvl ends up being 15+.

I'm guessing that since Ultimate mode has yet to be unlocked, ST aren't expecting anyone to be using lvl 15+ barta, and hence have not yet bothered to fix what is broken.

vdechpokket
Aug 30, 2004, 09:43 AM
On 2004-08-30 05:15, FOnewearl-Lina wrote:
Actually, what vdechpokket is talking about is barta lvls 15+ in PSOBB tend to function more like dumbfire missiles, they have apparently lost their ability to auto-aim compared to lower level barta.

For those of you in doubt, this issue is easily tested by grabbing a few Wizard/Tech or Devil/Tech, so that your barta lvl ends up being 15+.

I'm guessing that since Ultimate mode has yet to be unlocked, ST aren't expecting anyone to be using lvl 15+ barta, and hence have not yet bothered to fix what is broken.

well done lina, thanks for supporting my statement, these people who don't play BB just won't open their mind to the fact that BB IS DIFFERENT to GC or XBOX.

i actually did test it with lvl 15 barta and there is auto-aim. i then equipped a few tech units so its form has changed and now there is no more auto aim. those who still don't agree, please feel free to download the client, pay for HL and test it yourself, do it soon though, in case they might fix it after ultimate has been released http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif