PDA

View Full Version : MGS 2 + 3 (spoliers)

zimmk2vgc
Aug 23, 2004, 05:15 AM
Ok, I've recently finished MGS 2. Ocelot/Liquid has taken RAY to go kill the Patriots. However the Patriots were all kill 100 years ago. Does this mean there will be another MGS that continues along this story ark?

Also MGS 3. Don't you think that the "Solid Snake" in it is not the solid snake we all know and love? From MGS 1, Snake was a result of and experiment in the seventies. So how could he look like hes in his thirties/foutys in the sixties?

What do YOU think?

Skett
Aug 23, 2004, 02:26 PM
Note: This might contain spoilers. Read at own risk.

Ok, I've recently finished MGS 2. Ocelot/Liquid has taken RAY to go kill the Patriots. However the Patriots were all kill 100 years ago. Does this mean there will be another MGS that continues along this story ark?

Konami has recently let a new trailer (in English!) of Snake Eater. I noticed near the end, some characters talk about the Patriots and the La-Le-Lu-Lo (er, whatever it is) so the game should have some connection them.

Also MGS 3. Don't you think that the "Solid Snake" in it is not the solid snake we all know and love? From MGS 1, Snake was a result of and experiment in the seventies. So how could he look like hes in his thirties/foutys in the sixties?

While not confirmed, many, many people believe its actually Big Boss. There are many clues that also bring us to this possibility.

Outrider
Aug 23, 2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah, hasn't Kojima even said that MGS3 ties up all the loose ends?

zimmk2vgc
Aug 23, 2004, 04:11 PM
If it meant to tie up loose ends after MGS 2, why is set BEFORE MGS 2?

Deathscythealpha
Aug 23, 2004, 04:34 PM
Well, with the tieing up the plot part they will either make a sequal game to do this (MGS4) or the trailers for MGS3 are going to be as decieving as the MGS2 ones were.

I could see half the game being set in the jungle with Big Boss (its has to be Big Boss) and the second half being Snake finally tracking down Ocelot/Liquid and Metal Gear Ray.

Either way im looking forward to the game being released.

Skett
Aug 25, 2004, 11:44 PM
On 2004-08-23 14:34, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Well, with the tieing up the plot part they will either make a sequal game to do this (MGS4) or the trailers for MGS3 are going to be as decieving as the MGS2 ones were.

Probably your second theory since Hideo Kojima said in a speech that MGS3 would be the last game in the story created by MGS and MGS2. He said something about genes and passing MGS trilogy onto new generations.

I could see half the game being set in the jungle with Big Boss (its has to be Big Boss) and the second half being Snake finally tracking down Ocelot/Liquid and Metal Gear Ray.

I am really hoping that is true. I would rather play as modern Snake than Big Boss during the Cold War.

Either way, Snake Eater should be awesome.