PDA

View Full Version : My dream from last night

Sharkyland
Aug 23, 2004, 11:29 AM
(Well, I typed this in word, so it won't be too hard to read it. I had a dream last night, and this is what I remembered from it. I had another dream before this one but I can't remember it too well. The only thing I could remember was that I was on a ship and there were robots.)

I left my house and I decided to walk around my neighborhood. My house was the same, but the neighborhood was different from where I am living right now. It was closer to a commerical area where a few small shops (actually stores that I liked for once like a video game rental store, a comic book store, and a candy store) were just around the block. As I kept on walking I ran into this guy. He was a little bit more muscular (or more filled than I was), and he had brown greasy hair with a average hair length of 4 inches. He face was round and a bit chubby. His nose was large but somewhat flat and the distortion of his eyes showed like something was wrong. He walked up to me and began to talk. I didn't ignore him for his interests seemed to sparked mine. I could tell he was retarded from his speech. He seemed like a nice guy, but as he talked more, he wanted to find someone who would play video games with him because he said he was lonely and he needed a friend.

Time passed and I had to go. I went out last night (after I returned home) to visit another of my good friend who I play video games with though I don't remember doing much there just probably talking, eating, and just have a good ol' time.

(I woke up, but I returned back to sleep.)

I returned home that one night, and I went downstairs I heard a noise coming from my basement. As I turned on the light, I could hear footsteps running to one of the rooms. The one of the rooms where I had a window. The intruder made his getaway nice and clean. I decided not to call the cops, because I had a feeling the intruder was once going to come once again.

I investigated the room that the intruder escaped and looked at the window that was near the ceiling. I quickly noticed a few papers on a desk and it had an imprint of a guys sneaker's shoe. It look a tad familiar. I checked the window and felt a few breezes of the outside air come in. I figured how he got in, but as I remembered last time, this wasn’t how my basement windows were fixed, and this was very strange.

The next day arrived and I was playing video games once again (probably it was PSO, I wasn’t really paying attention.) I heard noises once again from the window where the intruder came in. I quickly grabbed my digital camera and decided to wait in the shadow of the darkness of the room. He slowly opened the window and as he opened it, I quickly took a picture, but I didn't run after that. It was the kid that I met the other day.

He was rather surprised that I was there standing in the room while he was still outside in broad daylight. There was another big and stout guy standing behind him with a big bag of stuff.

We conversed a bit. And then he left saying that he needed a friend. I saw him walk to the video game store and probably sell the stuff that he stole.

(Okay, this was just a weird dream, I wish I knew what this is saying to me. What do you think this dream is telling me?)

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2004, 12:05 PM
Wrong forum dood. =]

Need a friend? Feel the need to find someone with your own interests? Become a Big-Brother for kids in the neighborhood?

trypticon
Aug 23, 2004, 12:05 PM
From the looks of this, and I hope you don't take this as a flame towards you in any way, since you should know that I do enjoy seeing you online, it may be that the person that you met in the game is a personification of yourself.

Is this how you see yourself subconsciously? Do you perhaps have low self confidence? That you noticed this person you met was a retard may suggest this.

This person also seemed to tell you several times that he needed friends. Is this your subconscious desires wishing the same for yourself?

Near the end of the dream, you see the retard coming through a window that seemed highly placed within the room, this happened in a daylight setting. While there is probably some semblance of meaning behind the time of day, I don't really know you at all, so I would not be able to venture any guess as to what this meaning may be. The seeming placement of the window, however, suggests that whatever is outside the window is just out of reach for you right now. Back to what you saw through the window though, not only the retard was there, but a larger person standing behind this retard. Could this larger person that remained outside the window be the larger person you see yourself as if you are able to escape from whatever box your life may or may not be in? This larger person had a big bag of stuff, and that may symbolize baggage, literally. Although I would suspect it would indicate emotional baggage.

At the end of the dream, you are given an idea of how to seperate yourself from the retard that may have been a self personification in the dream, as the retard goes to the game store, likely to sell the stuff, and you don't even lift a finger to stop him from doing so, making it appear that you didn't really care that he had taken it, or that he was selling it. This gives you a way out of whatever current dillema this dream may have been sparked from. This is further vindicated by the retarded boy saying, once again, while he was escaping to sell the stuff that he apparently stole from you, that he needed friends. You also have written that you and the boy talked a bit before he took off to seemingly help get rid of the bigger man's baggage. Maybe it was you talking with that person that helped get rid of the baggage.

Perhaps this dream is showing your outlook of yourself as a younger person, one without many friends. That younger person seems to be trying to help the older person outside the window get rid of something. If what is being portrayed by your words is accurate here, we can assume that there were a few instances where games came into the picture. The retarded person wanted somebody to play games with because he was lonely. The game store was there, seemingly for the purpose of being able to see this guy run into it later in the dream in order to sell the games he had taken from you. This is the part where it doesn't add up. If your subconscious is relating to this retarded figure by deeming it as a lonely individual, who would like to find somebody to play games with to relieve that loneliness, it also seems to be questioning if finding people to play games with would be able to remedy the situation at all. Furthermore, it seems to be suggesting in the end that the real way to solve the problem of isolation would be to get rid of the games completely, and look outside the window to the real world which is just outside the door.

Some of this may not make much sense, and will probably be flamed right off by everybody that comes to this forum, because what your dream may have specified is a problem that most of the more serious gamers here have. Again, don't take this assessment as an insult toward you in any way. You are a good friend online, but cyberspace is a cold unfriendly place, where words and names and appearances are distorted by our own perceptions. Until these perceptions can be touched, felt, and proven to exist, they are simply personal manifestations to each and every one of us, particular within the thrashings of our own minds.

Sharkyland
Aug 23, 2004, 12:35 PM
On 2004-08-23 10:05, trypticon wrote:
From the looks of this, and I hope you don't take this as a flame towards you in any way, since you should know that I do enjoy seeing you online, it may be that the person that you met in the game is a personification of yourself.

Is this how you see yourself subconsciously? Do you perhaps have low self confidence? That you noticed this person you met was a retard may suggest this.

This person also seemed to tell you several times that he needed friends. Is this your subconscious desires wishing the same for yourself?

Near the end of the dream, you see the retard coming through a window that seemed highly placed within the room, this happened in a daylight setting. While there is probably some semblance of meaning behind the time of day, I don't really know you at all, so I would not be able to venture any guess as to what this meaning may be. The seeming placement of the window, however, suggests that whatever is outside the window is just out of reach for you right now. Back to what you saw through the window though, not only the retard was there, but a larger person standing behind this retard. Could this larger person that remained outside the window be the larger person you see yourself as if you are able to escape from whatever box your life may or may not be in? This larger person had a big bag of stuff, and that may symbolize baggage, literally. Although I would suspect it would indicate emotional baggage.

At the end of the dream, you are given an idea of how to seperate yourself from the retard that may have been a self personification in the dream, as the retard goes to the game store, likely to sell the stuff, and you don't even lift a finger to stop him from doing so, making it appear that you didn't really care that he had taken it, or that he was selling it. This gives you a way out of whatever current dillema this dream may have been sparked from. This is further vindicated by the retarded boy saying, once again, while he was escaping to sell the stuff that he apparently stole from you, that he needed friends. You also have written that you and the boy talked a bit before he took off to seemingly help get rid of the bigger man's baggage. Maybe it was you talking with that person that helped get rid of the baggage.

Perhaps this dream is showing your outlook of yourself as a younger person, one without many friends. That younger person seems to be trying to help the older person outside the window get rid of something. If what is being portrayed by your words is accurate here, we can assume that there were a few instances where games came into the picture. The retarded person wanted somebody to play games with because he was lonely. The game store was there, seemingly for the purpose of being able to see this guy run into it later in the dream in order to sell the games he had taken from you. This is the part where it doesn't add up. If your subconscious is relating to this retarded figure by deeming it as a lonely individual, who would like to find somebody to play games with to relieve that loneliness, it also seems to be questioning if finding people to play games with would be able to remedy the situation at all. Furthermore, it seems to be suggesting in the end that the real way to solve the problem of isolation would be to get rid of the games completely, and look outside the window to the real world which is just outside the door.

Some of this may not make much sense, and will probably be flamed right off by everybody that comes to this forum, because what your dream may have specified is a problem that most of the more serious gamers here have. Again, don't take this assessment as an insult toward you in any way. You are a good friend online, but cyberspace is a cold unfriendly place, where words and names and appearances are distorted by our own perceptions. Until these perceptions can be touched, felt, and proven to exist, they are simply personal manifestations to each and every one of us, particular within the thrashings of our own minds.

Geez, where did you get this information? I would like to type out the conversations on what I did, but I can't remember how it went, but I know what was being said.

radicalEdward
Sep 9, 2004, 10:04 PM
I dreamed that I had superpowers that a supervillan wanted so he got my doctor to switch brains