PDA

View Full Version : Gold Double Sabre used by a Force...?

--
Jun 23, 2002, 06:21 AM
I was online the other day, and i saw a Newman Female Force character (I forget the name) with a GOLD double sabre! What is this weapon called? I REALLY want one as i am a FOmarl and need some beefy weapons!

Also, this guy gave me a +99 hildeblue's head on a stick! Is this legal or is it hacked?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 23, 2002, 06:26 AM
-S-Rank Twin
I think FOmarl can use it, but not FOnewearl.

-Do you see people often giving out +99 weapons for free? It's probably hacked and it's probably duped.

AynRand
Jun 23, 2002, 06:35 AM
the fonewearl was also using god equip as they cant use the s rank TWIN

VulpesMundi
Jun 23, 2002, 06:39 AM
Both FOmarls and FOnewms can use the S-Rank Twin. Technically a FOnewearl can, but her max ATP isn't quite high enough for any of the ATP-required S-Ranks. FOnewearls got the short end of the stick. (no pun intended)

I'm willing to wager that a Hildeblue's Head is one of the rarest legit items in the game. Out of hundreds of Hildebears I was fortunate to find a Hildebear's Head. Now imagine that factor with the Hildeblue. If you're lucky you'll see one Hildeblue every couple hundred Hildebears... And its head is as rare as the critter. Your odds of finding one are rediculously close to nil. So why would someone give away a legit one? They wouldn't. There's your answer.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 23, 2002, 06:52 AM
[quote]
On 2002-06-23 04:21, -- wrote:
I was online the other day, and i saw a Newman Female Force character (I forget the name) with a GOLD double sabre! What is this weapon called? I REALLY want one as i am a FOmarl and need some beefy weapons!
]

your a force... you dont need weapons that can do what hunters can do. your atp isnt high enbough to even do all that much damage with it. your better iff sticking with one of two things. one- high level techs, or two- a good gun.

watashiwa
Jun 23, 2002, 07:09 AM
On 2002-06-23 04:52, blue-hawk wrote:
your a force... you dont need weapons that can do what hunters can do. your atp isnt high enbough to even do all that much damage with it. your better iff sticking with one of two things. one- high level techs, or two- a good gun.

Uh, wake up and smell the coffee. A FOmarl with S/D 30/30 and J/Z 30/30 using a Hunter weapon can seriously fuck shit up.

Best offline class, ever.

--
Jun 23, 2002, 02:02 PM
Ok, ok...no need to swear about it!

I was going to keep the Hildeblue's head, but this morning i accidently turned my dreamcast off without pressing QUIT GAME..........while I had my Hildeblue's head equpped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 02:04 PM
heh i have done that....it sux

VariantXL
Jun 25, 2002, 02:29 AM
its not the +99 that really gets a person since thats not even HARD to do if you play for a good amount of time but the percents is basically what u need to watch...... chances are if youre doing 1500+ without s/d or j/z or being over lvl 100, ure definately holding a hacked toy. sure if youre uneducated ull argue that it says 60%.. but truth is uve got one of those 180% monster weaps.. the percents are hidden so u wont get booted off of the game... i wonder if st will "legally" up the percents.....

Wewt
Jun 25, 2002, 09:32 AM
On 2002-06-23 12:02, -- wrote:
Ok, ok...no need to swear about it!

I was going to keep the Hildeblue's head, but this morning i accidently turned my dreamcast off without pressing QUIT GAME..........while I had my Hildeblue's head equpped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Your point?

Rhete
Jun 25, 2002, 10:11 AM
On 2002-06-23 05:09, watashiwa wrote:
Uh, wake up and smell the coffee. A FOmarl with S/D 30/30 and J/Z 30/30 using a Hunter weapon can seriously fuck shit up.

Best offline class, ever.

Uh, how about you wake up and smell the coffee. Offline, a HUmar or HUnewearl with a REAL hunter weapon, like a high % imperial pick, does far more than FOmarl and her little 0% s-ranks.

HUmar = best class, ever.

watashiwa
Jun 25, 2002, 10:15 AM
On 2002-06-25 08:11, Rhete wrote:

OKOK, well, FOmarl and HUmar are both good. But FOmarl is the best balanced class ever.

PSO v2 is pretty much a HUmar's game, though. I should know, my main character is a HUmar. =P

Jason
Jun 25, 2002, 10:28 AM
[quote]

The best! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 25, 2002, 10:51 AM
On 2002-06-25 08:28, Jason wrote:

[quote]

The best! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The easiest!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Personally, I'm doing just fine in ULT offline with my FOnewm. Sure it's harder but just casting S/D, J/Z plus doing my techs AND using either my Platain Fan+45 or my Summit Moon and it's smooth sailing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Jun 25, 2002, 11:41 AM
......HUmars the best class?.....x.x

My main char will always be the choice of the FOmarl. ;P

Jason
Jun 25, 2002, 12:18 PM
On 2002-06-25 09:41, SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl wrote:
......HUmars the best class?.....x.x

My main char will always be the choice of the FOmarl. ;P

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Jun 25, 2002, 12:38 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amoralist
Jun 25, 2002, 05:19 PM
Although I'll go with HUmar or FOmarl for best class, a HUnew can rock with a double type with a god/battle equipped. From there on, call it brutality.

Alisha
Jun 25, 2002, 06:13 PM
fomarl owns humar badly in fact its pretty sad that fomarl has only 3 less ata than humar they might as well be the same and lets not forget the number of female only items she can equip then there's rico's glasses wich are fomarl only

Wewt
Jun 25, 2002, 08:26 PM
3 ATA less...over 500 ATP more...

Parn
Jun 25, 2002, 08:43 PM
Which is negated when Shifta level 30 and Zalure level 30 is cast.

With the new PSO, the gap is even greater.

Wewt
Jun 25, 2002, 09:20 PM
On 2002-06-25 18:43, Parn wrote:
Which is negated when Shifta level 30 and Zalure level 30 is cast.

With the new PSO, the gap is even greater.

But...HUmars can equip weapons with much greater ATP. Such as the S rank Needle or S rank Sword.

Parn
Jun 25, 2002, 10:41 PM
And Zalure level 30's casting range and effectiveness is much higher. What's your point?

Wewt
Jun 25, 2002, 10:53 PM
My point is HUmar can deal more damage than FOmarl with their respective "best" weapons.

Parn
Jun 25, 2002, 11:49 PM
Nope. Because Shifta and Zalure work on a percentage-based system, and NOT a raw flat numerical amount of effectiveness, level 30 techs and the strongest weapon on a FOmarl will outperform a HUmar with level 15 techs and the strongest weapon for him. And this does take into account, weapon %s (which by the way, are not applied to S Ranks).

You're just looking at raw numbers. Sorry, but PSO doesn't work that way. Looking at raw numbers is precisely why the designers of PSO didn't foresee how unbalanced it could become (and is).

Parn
Jun 26, 2002, 12:05 AM
An addendum.

Even if you were right, which you aren't by the way, you missed the point anyways.

Even if the FOmarl does do less damage, the difference is minimal. So not only can the FOmarl fight almost as effectively as (or better than) a HUmar, but she can also cast level 30 techs on top of that.

A team of four FOmarls would outperform a team of four HUmars in a run through the ruins. Guaranteed.

Wewt
Jun 26, 2002, 08:41 AM
I don't believe that 4 FOmarls can outperform 4 HUmars..

Malkavian
Jun 26, 2002, 09:20 AM
me neither... fomarl with lv 30 stuff does same than hucast without techs. I can handle ult online alone with HUcast... FOmarl can too but isn't easy, like it isn't neither for HUcast.
And HUmar is better than HUcast, he can cast shifta zalure lv 15, that makes him even more powerful.
Plaintain huge fan 15% dark, srank mechgun in fomarls hands and lv 30 shifta doeasn't more damage than 40-60% Imperial pick, red dagger, red saber...

Parn
Jun 26, 2002, 10:24 AM
And yet again, you both miss the fucking point.

Alright, let's assume you ARE right. It DOESN'T CHANGE THE SITUATION. You do realize that we're talking about a FORCE, a FUCKING FORCE, that can fight as well as a HUNTER, and at the same time can use level 30 techs? A little bit stronger, a little bit weaker, that's not the fucking point. A force should not EVER be as strong or nearly as strong as a hunter. PERIOD. But a FOmarl IS just that.

I can't spell it out any more than that.

Rhete
Jun 26, 2002, 11:22 AM
On 2002-06-26 08:24, Parn wrote:
A force should not EVER be as strong or nearly as strong as a hunter. PERIOD. But a FOmarl IS just that.

FOmarl is only comparable to the hunters offline though. Online, when HUnters are getting a forces benefits, theres no comparison. A team of 3 HUcasts and a FOmarl will outperform anything else. What you seem to be missing is that offline, the classes SHOULD be all about the same in power.

Parn
Jun 26, 2002, 12:21 PM
Nope.

Offline, a force should be able to cream the enemies with techniques.

Jason
Jun 26, 2002, 01:15 PM
On 2002-06-25 21:49, Parn wrote:
Nope. Because Shifta and Zalure work on a percentage-based system, and NOT a raw flat numerical amount of effectiveness, level 30 techs and the strongest weapon on a FOmarl will outperform a HUmar with level 15 techs and the strongest weapon for him. And this does take into account, weapon %s (which by the way, are not applied to S Ranks).

You're just looking at raw numbers. Sorry, but PSO doesn't work that way. Looking at raw numbers is precisely why the designers of PSO didn't foresee how unbalanced it could become (and is).

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif Zalure/Jellen will have no affect on me when using State/Maintaince. Since HUmars have more ATP than FOmarl, Lv 15 Shifta is plenty. HUmars also have more DFP, Lv 15 Deband is plenty. With FOmarl using Lv 30 Shifta and Deband, both classes will sort of have balance. Examples:

HUmar's ATP: 500 (no spells used)
FOmarl's ATP: 100 (no spells used)

HUmar's ATP: 1000 (with Lv 15 Shifta)
FOmarl's ATP: 1100 (with Lv 30 Shifta)

HUmar's DFP: 100 (no spells used)
FOmarl's DFP: 20 (no spells used)

HUmar's DFP: 400 (with Lv 15 Deband)
FOmarl's DFP: 620 (with Lv 30 Deband)

So... see my point???? If WE use State/Maintanice on our armor, Jellen/Zalure do not matter. If FOmarls has no TP, they sux! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ian D
Jun 26, 2002, 01:35 PM
Aren't you a bit of a fanboy Parn?

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 01:40 PM
On 2002-06-26 11:35, Y0SHI wrote:

Jesus, let's not start this again. I mean, goddamn, is the new thing to do call someone a "fanboy" when they have a different opinion on something thesedays?

Be original for Christ's sake.

Ian D
Jun 26, 2002, 01:54 PM
Well that was my opinion on it, I'm done.

Parn
Jun 26, 2002, 02:21 PM
On 2002-06-26 11:35, Y0SHI wrote:

Aren't you missing the short yellow bus to school? If you're going to insult me, at least use the right terminology instead of driving through like the rest of the sheep. The word fanboy doesn't even apply here.

On watashiwa's point regarding originality, I think "fanboy" is the new word of the year. I guess "n00b" got old and isn't trendy to use anymore.

My favorite run-in with "n00b" was when someone accused me, a three-year-veteran on Ultima Online, of being a n00b.

And to finish this off:

Well that was my opinion on it, I'm done.

Next time, try to actually address the topic. If you want to just insult me, feel free to contact me on AIM instead.

Ian D
Jun 26, 2002, 03:18 PM
Next time, try to actually address the topic.

And I'm guessing that telling everyone why your class is better addresses the topic about a force using a Gold Double Saber.

Well, I don't want to totally ruin the thread by calling you a fanboy so I'm going to drop it. There are too many threads being ruined by dumb arguements like this, it was dumb of me to say you were a fanboy in the first place and I'm not sure why I did it, but I'm going to drop it now.

On 2002-06-26 11:54, Y0SHI wrote:
I'm done.

Cloak
Jun 26, 2002, 05:34 PM

Even though the point of this was to show near "equal-ness" with HUmar to FOmarl, it's wrong. Tigereye, for example, has said that his FOmarl does a LITTLE less damage than his HUnewearl with maxed stats, SAME Weapon, etc, when offline. And since HUmar is obviously WAY better than the HUne in ATP/DFP department, he's obviously way better than FOmarl as well since she can't even get equal to HUnewearl. Taking into mind hunters have easy access to imperial picks with 30% and above while forces only multi hit weapon is PHF, but maxes at 15% to an area, so you can see that a FOmarl with PHF is no where near a HU with crappy imperial pick.

And even though she may get close to HUnewearl(offline), it really doesn't matter. I don't see whats so wrong with having a class be semi-equal. And then think about HUne's great EVP which the FOmarl can't even touch. Not to mention FOmarl missing more often than HUne. Now there WOULD be something wrong if FOmar could do more damage than a hunter. Which is what will probably happen, looking at ST...

Sojo
Jun 26, 2002, 07:45 PM
My Fonewm uses some hunter-assosciated weapons, like Double Sabre.

I don't really use it for damage, no, I get more from me V.2 force weaps like Plantain Huge Fan 10% Mech, and Hilde-heads etc.

But the double sabre is very useful for him! Not only does it cause a respectable ammount of damage, but its special gives him back his TP.

So I'd preffer to use a regular double than an S-rank; the special is so much more tactful, and I can use it at a lower level than the S-rank.

HC82
Jun 27, 2002, 07:21 AM
As for the topic, fonewearls can't use a large percentage of S ranks. Luckily one of the best S ranks(Mechs) are FOnewearl useable. If it weren't for those babies playing as a FOnewearl would be a major pain in the ass.

As for the FOmarl/HUmar thing. Well stat wise a FOmarl will out perform a HUmar assuming each one self buffs themseleves.

Although a HUmar can use imperial picks and a larger variety of "multi hit" weapons. So a HUmar with high percent imperial pick will be able to solo offline easier. Damage aside, a pick is just a very effective weapon. The only partisan/sword based weapons which a FOmarl can use that can achieve 60% range(legit) is the Crazy tune and Madams umberlla. Since you'll never actually find a legit crazy tune or MU with those percents, but will find an imperial pick...a legit HUmar will have an easier time offline then a legit FOmarl. Being able to hit 4~6 enemies for 600 makes for an easier time then 1~2 enemies for 800.

If both characters are using the same weapon, the FOmarls atp, with stat buffs will out perform the HUmar offensively. Defensively in terms of taking hits, even a FOnewearl will out perform a HUmar because of level 30 jellen. My Humar takes more damage when hit because jellen level 30 makes a huge difference when compared to level 15 j. Although a Humar will evade alot more then a FOmar.

Reason why HUmar is still considered a cheap ass mofo? S rank SPREAD NEEDLE!!! Hacks are rampant. Hacked S rank spread = easy.

I think spreads defeat what little strategy the game has and makes it a total snooze fest. Unless your trying to power level, spreads make the game...duh, boring.

So if you are into weapon creation without it being illegal(over 60%) a FOmarl with a high percent Crazy tune/Madams umbrella is a monster offline. If you don't give a shiznit then a HUmar with a 180% spread is overkill...anything with 180% is overkill.

Thats pretty F'ed if you asked me, the fact that a FOmarl can out damage a HUmar offline if there using the same weapon. Although some classes are supposed to be easier or harder offline...although it says FOs are an advanced class.

Only way I could think of solving this with a lazy attitude would be to make S/D give flat atp bonus offline, but make it percentage based online.

Ofcourse GC PSO is a new game so anything goes.

PS: Hildeblues head is a flaming pile of zeros and ones. It's totally and absolutely worthless. If your gonna make a weak joke weapon at least make it so it has ata high enough to actually hit something in ulti. Nothing quite like doing 0~30 damage with it's gibarta special.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-06-27 05:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-06-27 05:36 ]</font>

Buffy
Jun 28, 2002, 01:24 PM
Why am I not surprised that this has turned into a "I've got the best character!" tyriad?
Does anyone actually remember what the original post was about, other than the first 4, maybe 5 people?

~B.

Parn
Jun 28, 2002, 01:48 PM
And I'm guessing that telling everyone why your class is better addresses the topic about a force using a Gold Double Saber.

I don't even PLAY the FOmarl, I play the HUmar. I'm not fighting for "my class" at all.

And the topic deviated a bit, but you didn't address even that. You just posted your one-liner insult and nothing else. Like I said, if that's all you wanted to do, contact me through AIM instead.

By the way, it's hypocritical to try to have the last word, then follow it with "I'm done" as if you want to drop the argument. If you really wanted to drop it, you wouldn't have made another response.

And even though she may get close to HUnewearl(offline), it really doesn't matter. I don't see whats so wrong with having a class be semi-equal.

Uh, hello? She's a force. Shouldn't a force be using techniques to cream enemies? Having to rely on melee weaponry defeats the whole point in playing a force. A magic-oriented class fighting best in melee is stupid. They should be able to waste through enemies with techs, not weapons.

Why am I not surprised that this has turned into a "I've got the best character!" tyriad? Does anyone actually remember what the original post was about, other than the first 4, maybe 5 people?

Of course we remember. However, the questions asked were already answered, and the topic deviated into discussion on the effectiveness of a FOmarl. If the deviation bothers you that much, why did you post a response that deviates even further?

Buffy
Jun 28, 2002, 01:54 PM
No, they certainly were not answered and no, I didn't deviate further.
Further from the ramble the post became? Yes. Further from the original post? I wouldn't say so.

It started with a weapon and then quickly became "WhateverMArls rule!". I just found it sad.

~B.

watashiwa
Jun 28, 2002, 01:56 PM
Love and Peace.
> Everybody

<.<

Buffy
Jun 28, 2002, 01:57 PM
Indeed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

~B.

Rhete
Jun 28, 2002, 02:19 PM
On 2002-06-23 04:21, -- wrote:

Also, this guy gave me a +99 hildeblue's head on a stick! Is this legal or is it hacked?

Newman Female Force character: FOnewearl
GOLD double sabre: S-Rank Twin
FOnewearls are too weak to use S-Rank Twin, but FOmarls can use it.
+99 hildeblue's head on a stick: Hacked

Ok, there, everythings been answered (even though i'm pretty sure it was already)

On 2002-06-28 11:48, Parn wrote:
I don't even PLAY the FOmarl, I play the HUmar. I'm not fighting for "my class" at all.

Hehe, I don't play HUmar and I'm defending them, funny how that works out =P

On 2002-06-28 11:48, Parn wrote:
Uh, hello? She's a force. Shouldn't a force be using techniques to cream enemies? Having to rely on melee weaponry defeats the whole point in playing a force. A magic-oriented class fighting best in melee is stupid. They should be able to waste through enemies with techs, not weapons.

It's just a different style of playing. If you're using a FOmarl with techs only like she was a newman, you'd probably be better off using another force with better MST. FOmarl should fight because she can, simple as that. Plus, it's not like she's totally ignoring the magic side, because without her lvl 30 s/d j/z she'd be a lousy fighter. FOmarl (and soon FOmar) are more balanced characters, while the other two forces are almost exclusively magic based. It'd be boring if all the forces were the same

Cloak
Jun 28, 2002, 02:37 PM
exactly rhete. some people don't understand that ST wanted FOmarl to switch, at will, between "hunter", and "force" or a combination of both. yeah so her weapons do more damage then her techs, an error on ST's fault, not mine, you're complaining to the wrong person parn. besides I doubt you REALLY want techs to be more effective than weapons. that would mean that since a 'marl can do over 1000 damage in forest, she'd be able to do even more than that with techs. and since I know how much you hate NEEDLEs I doubt you'd love the idea of a human needle.

anyways this is only solo talk. all classes should be kinda equal solo anyway. but if you throw a hunter with a force together in a team you can easily see who is better.

Parn
Jun 28, 2002, 03:35 PM
Bleh. I admit losing to this one. =P

Ah well.

Cloak
Jun 28, 2002, 03:39 PM
On 2002-06-28 13:35, Parn wrote:
Bleh. I admit losing to this one. =P

Ah well.

WTF? parn? admit? argue? lose? who???
this has to be recorded somewhere.. *runs to geocities to create a 'pso rare events' log site*

XP"

Parn
Jun 28, 2002, 03:49 PM
Hey now. I can admit to losing when someone makes a good argument. =P

I AM only human. Maybe.

HC82
Jun 29, 2002, 12:04 AM
Fomarl is supposed to be a heavier melee character. Although if you play as a FOmarl your damage techs are used rarely. Which is ackward since I see Fomarls use damage techs as much as a HUmar or HUnewearl. As a FOmarl, and even as a FOnewearl damage techs are rarely used when compared to melee.

The fact that damage techs suck is ovious and undeniable.

Damage techs don't need to be TP costing spread needles, But 90 damage is really a pile of garabge.

If anything a FOmarl should be played melee/tech user, but tech damage is suppose to damage numerous targets, thus weakening them a bit for a well place combo.

IMO FOmarls should be more melee oriented, because they have the atp to do so, not because tech damage is a flaming pile of poo that cost tp(rabarta aside)

Glaximus
Jun 29, 2002, 01:34 AM
The fact that damage techs suck is ovious and undeniable.

Damage techs don't need to be TP costing spread needles, But 90 damage is really a pile of garabge.

If anything a FOmarl should be played melee/tech user, but tech damage is suppose to damage numerous targets, thus weakening them a bit for a well place combo.

Sad but true. Still, it really shouldn't be that way. I guess this should be filed under pointless whining... but in most RPGs, and especially the Phantasy Star series, the tech slingers really had some ass-kicky power. Mages/Forces should be able to fight with the power of their magic alone. Their regular, every-day attacks could be weaker than Rangers or Hunters, but the hands-down ka-foomiest attack should belong to the Force. And it does not.

Back in the day, once or twice between stops at an inn, you could use techs or magic that would just end a battle decisively. In PSIV, "magic" like Tandle and Hewn was just off the chain. And don't even get me started with what the _real_ Megid was all about...

Any self-respecting mage wouldn't be caught dead with a gun in his hand- give him a quality staff that made an actual difference in a fight, and...

Oh, I'll shut up now. Please be gentle. I'm just old fashioned.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

--
Jun 30, 2002, 04:32 AM
Wow. A week after creating this topic, i've come back for a look. I am disgusted, apart from the few decent folk who TRY to stay on topic. Anyway, my questions have been answered and I thank you.

Why don't you all just go and open another thread and argue the matter over there.

Don't you ever consider the person who started the topic? I checked the box that says 'email me when replies are posted'

Everyday I have to clear out my WHOLE inbox before the provider bans me for taking up too much space, because of YOUR petty bickering!

watashiwa
Jun 30, 2002, 04:37 AM
On 2002-06-30 02:32, -- wrote:
I checked the box that says 'email me when replies are posted'

Everyday I have to clear out my WHOLE inbox before the provider bans me for taking up too much space, because of YOUR petty bickering!

No need to whine. Just next time, don't check the box. Aduh.

animegood
Jun 30, 2002, 11:49 AM
GOLD DOUBLE SABERS EXIST IN V2?!!??!
<------- old skoo v1 player
this brings back memories of rumors during the days of no hacking...

Kenks23
Jun 30, 2002, 12:51 PM

lol.

Rhete
Jun 30, 2002, 01:50 PM
Wow. A week after creating this topic, i've come back for a look. I am disgusted, apart from the few decent folk who TRY to stay on topic. Anyway, my questions have been answered and I thank you.

Your questions were answered early. The thread was either going to die, or evolve, and I'm glad it did, this has been the only thread with a decent debate I've seen in a while

Don't you ever consider the person who started the topic? I checked the box that says 'email me when replies are posted'

Not our problem

From a bunch of short text emails? Heaven forbid you get spammed with 120k+ virus' like the rest of us