PDA

View Full Version : Question...

MT7218
Aug 24, 2004, 06:25 AM
What exactly IS damage cancel? I keep seeing it mentioned in the CMode guides, and wonder what, exactly, is it? How is it caused?

Rainbowlemon
Aug 24, 2004, 06:44 AM
It's when two or people hit one enemy at the same time. Sometimes the server only sees one of the values, and the other values is just seen to 'not exist'. I believe that the damage can also be multiplied on occasions, but someone'll have to back me up on that one.

That's why when you're playing with other people, it's best just to start on your own enemy rather than 'helping' someone out with their enemy.

Also, whilst this is up, I'd like to say that (I think) damage cancel also applies for bosses, so, for example, if you're fighting the Dragon with 1 other person, and they're attacking the head, go for the feet instead.

rena-ko
Aug 24, 2004, 08:43 AM
its only vital to know for cmode when youre aiming at a good time.
during normal play, you usually have all the time you want to kill stuff.

due to lag issues, the system is programmed to rule out too much damage done for one target at once.
it rather ignores packages than counting possible info that maybe got sent twice.

ask someone who knows about networking to explain data loss and packages.

whats important to know?
-dont attack the same target (dragon foot, segment) as the others when fighting bosses.
bosses have several target segments. try to always deliver your damage to one that isnt already hammered by someone else.

-damage cancel can also be helpful - it for example can freezelock an enemy that got frozen by a freezetrap. try to cancel the info out that it defreezes and it will refreeze again - several times in a row (two people constantly hitting it when it is about to break out of the ice will do the trick). very useful on dangerous stuff like chaos bringer (1c7 up), mericarol (2c5), gibbles (2c3, 2c5) or delbiter (2c4, 2c5) for example.

Sharkyland
Aug 24, 2004, 11:51 AM
I never did understand why it refreezes them. Most I've seen is one freeze trap last for 8 turns or something against an ill gill.