PDA

View Full Version : Backing up + Moving a Char

Zante
Jun 23, 2002, 12:00 PM
K, hi all.

I know it's possible to backup a character via the nexus/uplink cable combo but is it possible to move data from an official Sega VMU/S to a nexus one whilst at the same time keeping the char playable?

I ask because I've ordered a nexus card in an endeavour to guarantee some insurance for my char(s).

After reading some of the horror stories on this site it seems rather distressing =/

(Repost from the cheater's forum)

beamscythe
Jun 25, 2002, 08:57 PM
Try using the SEGA WEBBROWSER disc that's compatible with e-mail attachments. You can email the SEGA file to yourself, and try downloading it to the 'card.

And be careful. The Nexus card, I believe, is NOT COMPRESSED memory, and thus will sometimes corrupt the file. So be careful.

PlatinumGame
Jun 25, 2002, 10:00 PM
You can't backup a char from what I know. Tried it with GS and didn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatinumGame on 2002-06-25 20:02 ]</font>

Ziggy-san
Jun 25, 2002, 10:26 PM
Aaa, buy a Double Power. You can upload limitless amounts of game saves and chars to your computer, either as a backup or as a transfer. And don't ask me where you get one, cause I forget. Aaa, but make sure it comes included with the PC cable. The software is in Engrish too, and is sometimes scary to use, but it's never failed on me yet.

Oh, and I initialy read the topic as "Backing up + moving cars" kekeke.