PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to Xbox PSO or GAMECUBE?

SMOKU_9X
Jun 23, 2002, 02:30 PM
I just wanted to know the majority of which PSO version people are coming back to. I own a Box and a Cube and want to goto the most poppular one.(Anyone can benefit from this)

Dangerous55
Jun 23, 2002, 02:39 PM
Theres about a million topics discussing this.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 23, 2002, 02:39 PM
Im' getting PSO epI&II on GameCube.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 23, 2002, 02:47 PM
Would you lay off? get a life for Christ's Sake. If the guy feels like asking this question let him ask.

Dangerous55
Jun 23, 2002, 03:24 PM
On 2002-06-23 12:47, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
Would you lay off? get a life for Christ's Sake. If the guy feels like asking this question let him ask.

I have a life, but I dont really care about what you think you know. He can get the answer in one of the other million topics about this.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 03:24 PM
I'll be getting the XBOX version this fall.

Here's an idea: Why don't you get both? If you're going to get XBOX Live anyway, the XBOX version will have no added cost (besides the price of the game). And the HL fee for the GCN version is pretty small...

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 04:15 PM
It's not bad posting these threads but it's that they get pretty agressive in time sometimes. But let's try to keep this as civil as possible http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif All I can tell you is that most people are already getting the Gamecube version, including me, because we know what it's going to be and when exactly it's coming. Others will either get Xbox or both because they, including me, either want to play it with voice feature and hope it is a port from GC. I will be getting Xbox version even if it is Ver.2 to be sincere.

I am getting both versions and here are reasons:

*Gamecube Version: What can I say? This seems the version that most will pick. Also, I really can't wait to play it from all that I've heard about it. It is 56k and Broadband so it's more comfortable to some and to me too in case my DSL company doesn't come by September, I will still get the BBA and share my 56k connection like I did in Dreamcast. Also, my best friend can only get this version because is financial restraints so I really want to play with him.

*Xbox Version: Though some extremely dislike the system or hate it lol, I am getting it too. Most people think it is ver.2. But what I'm interested is in playing the Ver.2 I love with voice feature, no lag playing and probably downloadable content. I am looking forward to this version as much as the Gamecube one but obviously a little more excited about GC one since it comes on August >__< . Anyway, a friend of mine is getting it and he hasn't played ver.2, so it's a whole new game for him really. Another thing is that I'm going to buy the Xbox Live package anyway so I guess I'll get this game along with Unreal Tournament, Mechassault and lots of others.

Now please guys look at my post ^ Now don't start saying you're getting one version because it's better just give facts if you want and there leave it at that. I don't want this thread to be a flame war for once http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-23 14:17 ]</font>

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 04:27 PM
Im getting gamecube becuase i like Nintendo games and i like that the GC is cheaper...I think the voice feature will kinda ruin it for me, because there will be Games ppl name as like VOICE SEX and there will be alot of nasty talk in there. Also there wil be retard in the lobby that just scream into the mic or just come into games and bug the shyt ut of ppl. also i dont want to talk to ppl, thats why i have a phone...

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 04:30 PM
As there is an ignore function in the GCN version, there is a mute function in the XBOX version.

Why do people choose to ignore these points?

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 05:18 PM
I will get the version that doesn't have 100 identical topics about it.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:21 PM
Where you around when Ver 2 importers whee asking the same questions?? If Yes then you should know that repeat post are inevitable...There isnt much "Gameplay" topics to post about anymore seeing the game is over a year old. Also, wher ecan i get a list of new features? i just got back into the PSO swing a few days ago and i dont know a whole lot about the new little features.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 23, 2002, 06:15 PM
Features? um ok, let's see...

The 3 new classes, RAmarl, HUcaseal and FOmar
New costume colors and hairstlyes for old classes (Totals: Human/Newman: 5 faces, 10 hairstyles, 18 costume colors. Robot: 5 heads, 25 body colors.)
New weapons (duh)
New and re-worked animations
Many more lobby animations
Split Screen Multiplayer up to 4 players.(Battle not confirmed yet, but team is.)
A card battle game (dunno about this one...)
Upload smaller games onto your GBA (They said something about uploading NiGHTS onto GBA or something like that...)
New areas (4 confirmed areas, may be more later. The confirmed areas are Swamp, Mountain, Coast, and Central Factory)
Trading screen, no more botched trades.
No weapon drop when you die (The end of theivery!)
You can hold FOUR characters on a memory card
Even with 4 char.s, all of PSO's files are only 25 blocks in total.
Enhanced appearances of old v1 semi-rares, such as varista, last survivor etc.

That's the list of all features of the GC PSO, I think.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 06:41 PM
Greg: You're getting the PC version? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, and I have one more all-important new feature to add to that list: The new rare items appear in Red boxes, as opposed to the orange and blue. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Darrin
Jun 23, 2002, 08:38 PM
Gamecube Version, because I dont gots an XBox

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 08:41 PM
One of the cool features of the xbox version is most of the poeple here making retarted topics will be on the GC.

FinalMasterM
Jun 23, 2002, 08:54 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:41, Greg wrote:
One of the cool features of the xbox version is most of the poeple here making retarted topics will be on the GC.

Sad but true, and I've done nothing but reply to them all.

SMOKU_9X
Jun 23, 2002, 08:54 PM
OFF TOPIC: Greg, why are so defensive of the Xbox?

SMOKU_9X
Jun 23, 2002, 08:59 PM
hmm...I'm on a tight budget.....the sound thingy on the Box sounds good...but annyoing people who scream would get annoying, and if i mute it...then there is no keyboard to type....whcih one? Decisions...........maybe I could sell my PS2 to make the difference?

FinalMasterM
Jun 23, 2002, 09:03 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:54, SMOKU_9X wrote:

His choise of system, just as others choose GC. Weither it be fanboyish reasons or just because the Xbox has a HD/GC is cheeper.

I will admit that even tho I love my GC, there are things about it I dislike and there are things I like about the Xbox that could drive me to buying one eventually.

SMOKU_9X
Jun 23, 2002, 09:08 PM
Words of wisdom? I stopped playing my box a couple of weeks ago. They have tons of games but none of them are above decent, mediocere or how ever you spell it.

Playing WWE Wrestlemania X8 on cube!

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 09:19 PM
On 2002-06-23 19:08, SMOKU_9X wrote:
Words of wisdom? I stopped playing my box a couple of weeks ago. They have tons of games but none of them are above decent, mediocere or how ever you spell it.

I guess Xbox is not the system for you then leave it at that. I know it is for me. I currentlly have 5 games, not sure if more, which beats my PS2 collection in more than half the time lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have DOA 3 (Really cool, though I haven't played DOA 2 they say it's the same, bah I didn't play it so I love it) Halo, awesome just awesome, multiplayer is tons of fun too, Oddworld, weirdish fun ahahah~ lol, Gunvalkyrie, Seeegaaaa goooood foooor yooouuu lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Awesome game with awesome graphics, and the controls are so cool too >_<, Morrowind, Man, I think it's the first RPG on it and it just rocks, so much freedom and just as good as any Final Fantasy for me, Wreckless looks plain awesome and it's fun too ^__^, oh and who can forget Silent Hill 2!? That game is so freaking cool. And that's just the beginning for me. By this fall I'll have Unreal Championship, Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Mechassult, that one that has the humongo controller..., Blinx and then we have Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, oh! Ghost Recon, Kakuto Shojin. There's more... Oh, Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, Star Wars Galaxies, Halo online version! I'm done for now I guess, there's more I'm missing though... Well as you can see I'M completely looking forward for games on it.

On Gamecube too, I can't wait for Resident Evils, PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif, next Zelda (someday O_o) Metroid Prime ofcourse! And some other ones I guess, but not as much as Xbox.

You can clearly see there's different tastes for everything. For me, they're all platinum http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif the ones I have at least, I know New Legends REEEEAALLLY Sucks but doesn't Britney's Dance Beat too? lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 10:17 PM

Actually I am getting the GC version (well, maybe depending on what is happening in my life). I own all 3 systems, and the only reason I am "Defending" the xbox is because I can't stand to see a bunch of no nothing 12 year old shoot their mouths off about something they can not possibly know anything about. If people here talked about the xbox version in an objective fashion there would be no need for defence.

Wren
Jun 23, 2002, 10:22 PM
a-men...i have had several debates like that...but when the fanboy's...x-box and GC come in...it's best just to lock the post...i don't know about all of you...but i am importing ep 1&2 for the indreama and Super nintendo..how bout the rest of you

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 10:42 PM
Wren, I hate Fanboys too, I looked at your sig. But in my opinion no Fanboy beats PS2 fanboys http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wren
Jun 23, 2002, 10:44 PM
hehe...i have a PS2..and i do like it...but if someone decides to flame it...i will normally only jump to its defense if the reasons are A) they say 'it sucks..it has no good games' or B) they say 'I..I...I just hate it cuz my mommy told me to...'...something along those lines..i think..i don't know...i am tired

Dangerous55
Jun 23, 2002, 11:37 PM

Maybe because he knows that systems are inanimate objects, therefore neither is better then eachother. Its all opinion, get what I am getting at?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jun 24, 2002, 01:12 AM
I'm getting the Gamecube version since it's probably coming out sooner. =^_^=.

Sedyne
Jun 24, 2002, 09:53 AM
i'l be coming back on both systems.

1.) Because i want to see the difference.
2.) I like GC's controler much better and rather play pso on it than Xbox.
3.) I want to see what special features both include and if xbox has all the same + more...then laugh my ass off at all the retards here that make fun of xbox when they get less <if so happens> which i dought it will.
4.) i dono i just don't like you~but i want both so i can play with ALL MY OLD FRINEDS. some won't be retujning on one of the sytems so...gota keep in touch =P

Sedyne
Jun 24, 2002, 10:00 AM
On 2002-06-23 19:19, Rubesahl wrote:

On 2002-06-23 19:08, SMOKU_9X wrote:

I guess Xbox is not the system for you then leave it at that. I know it is for me. I currentlly have 5 games, not sure if more, which beats my PS2 collection in more than half the time lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have DOA 3 (Really cool, though I haven't played DOA 2 they say it's the same, bah I didn't play it so I love it) Halo, awesome just awesome, multiplayer is tons of fun too, Oddworld, weirdish fun ahahah~ lol, Gunvalkyrie, Seeegaaaa goooood foooor yooouuu lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Awesome game with awesome graphics, and the controls are so cool too >_<, Morrowind, Man, I think it's the first RPG on it and it just rocks, so much freedom and just as good as any Final Fantasy for me, Wreckless looks plain awesome and it's fun too ^__^, oh and who can forget Silent Hill 2!? That game is so freaking cool. And that's just the beginning for me. By this fall I'll have Unreal Championship, Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Mechassult, that one that has the humongo controller..., Blinx and then we have Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, oh! Ghost Recon, Kakuto Shojin. There's more... Oh, Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, Star Wars Galaxies, Halo online version! I'm done for now I guess, there's more I'm missing though... Well as you can see I'M completely looking forward for games on it.

On Gamecube too, I can't wait for Resident Evils, PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif, next Zelda (someday O_o) Metroid Prime ofcourse! And some other ones I guess, but not as much as Xbox.

You can clearly see there's different tastes for everything. For me, they're all platinum http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif the ones I have at least, I know New Legends REEEEAALLLY Sucks but doesn't Britney's Dance Beat too? lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

About HALO OLINE!>>>the normal version of halo can be played online...Xbconnect.com....get all your info their. im playing halo online as we speak..only thing is no keyboard support. but can play online. - =) and TOny Hawk 2x and Tony Hawk 3 work online as well....and so are a couple other i don't renmeebr which ones thouh =)

Sedyne
Jun 24, 2002, 10:03 AM
On 2002-06-23 20:17, Greg wrote:

Actually I am getting the GC version (well, maybe depending on what is happening in my life). I own all 3 systems, and the only reason I am "Defending" the xbox is because I can't stand to see a bunch of no nothing 12 year old shoot their mouths off about something they can not possibly know anything about. If people here talked about the xbox version in an objective fashion there would be no need for defence.

Greg that's what i've been trying to imply this whole time. These moron's dislike the system most likely because THEY DON'T HAVE IT. I own it..stil think it blows only because the game's ive arn't as great as some on other systems. but hell i know in the future i bet i'll like my Xbox more than ps2 maby even gamecube because of some of the lineup games coming out such as Counter-Strike, Ghost Recon, (Ninja Gaiden)-~Uh going to be the BEST GAME and yes...even better than shinobi though i love shinobi to hell it's just to fake for it's own good.~ So for all you dorks that think Cube is better you fail to realise Xbox ultimatly has MORE POWER than any of the system's out their...the developers are just weak and need to make better games which has allready begun~ =) Bye Bye - my two cents

Kenks23
Jun 24, 2002, 10:07 AM
Gamecube version most likely.

Kujin
Jun 24, 2002, 10:12 AM
i'm coming back to dreamcast version

MarkXIII
Jun 24, 2002, 10:28 AM
Gamecube PSO Episode I&II for me.

Greg
Jun 24, 2002, 10:54 AM
On 2002-06-24 08:03, X930 wrote:

On 2002-06-23 20:17, Greg wrote:

Greg that's what i've been trying to imply this whole time. These moron's dislike the system most likely because THEY DON'T HAVE IT. I own it..stil think it blows only because the game's ive arn't as great as some on other systems. but hell i know in the future i bet i'll like my Xbox more than ps2 maby even gamecube because of some of the lineup games coming out such as Counter-Strike, Ghost Recon, (Ninja Gaiden)-~Uh going to be the BEST GAME and yes...even better than shinobi though i love shinobi to hell it's just to fake for it's own good.~ So for all you dorks that think Cube is better you fail to realise Xbox ultimatly has MORE POWER than any of the system's out their...the developers are just weak and need to make better games which has allready begun~ =) Bye Bye - my two cents

hehe There are actually more xbox games then there seems to be. I have 9 so far [vs. 8 for PS2 (many have been sold)] and 2 for GC. But Games simply boil down to a matter of taste. As for the reasons that most people here Are flaming the box and are hoping that the cube version is superior, well, they just want to justify that $200 they spent for PSO. No one knows what PSO on the box will be but we know what the fan boys want it to be. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GhoStar
Jun 24, 2002, 01:03 PM
I'll be going for the GC version simply because I own a GC and am still undecided about getting an Xbox.

Though it does pain me when certain people use such reasons as A) I hate Xbox because Bill Gates sucks!! (did he design the Xbox?, develop any of the games?) or B), I hate GC because all the games are made for kiddies!! (so? aren't games supposed to be fun to play, visuals aside).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-06-24 15:51 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jun 24, 2002, 05:46 PM
On 2002-06-24 11:03, GhoStar wrote:
I'll be going for the GC version simply because I own a GC and am still undecided about getting an Xbox.

Though it does pain me when certain people use such reasons as A) I hate Xbox because Bill Gates sucks!! (did he design the Xbox?, develop any of the game?) orB), I hate GC because all the games are made for kiddies!! (so? aren't games supposed to be fun to play, visuals aside).

I congratulate you, you have a brain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I don't understand how people can use reasons like the ones you stated to decide if a console is good or not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Strider_Gren
Jun 24, 2002, 07:00 PM
PSO for GC because I don't have broadband, end of story...