PDA

View Full Version : Announcers on the Olympics.

TheOneHero
Aug 25, 2004, 06:20 PM
Ok, most of us have been watching the olympics, and a lot of the announcers are just fucknuts. Honestly, during womens diving, one girl made a big splash and the female announcer says:

They are going to have to refill the pool after that!

You're a Fucknut with a Capital "F"! Can you do better? my guess is "No!" You stupid fuck don't bash people if you can't do better than what they are doing.

Many other times on other events the announcers we just plain fucknuts and kept on with smart ass remarks against the athletes.

That is my rant for now, the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-08-25 16:20 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Aug 25, 2004, 06:28 PM
Although I do agree with you about the announcers being too harsh and negative, I strongly disagree with your ideology behind WHY you dislike it.

You stupid fuck don't bash people if you can't do better than what they are doing.

Is the announcer suddenly supposed to have no opinion about what he/she and all of us just saw? Surely, few people could do better than alot of other people at "insert subject here", but that sure doesn't mean we're supposed to keep our mouth shut. If the athlete fucked up, are we just expected to stand there emotionless and apathetic towards the games? You cheer when someone does good, do you not? Why not also have feelings when someone does bad?

TheOneHero
Aug 25, 2004, 06:37 PM
On 2004-08-25 16:28, RicoRoyal wrote:
I strongly disagree with your ideology behind WHY you dislike it.

You stupid fuck don't bash people if you can't do better than what they are doing.

Ok, I guess that wasn't called for.

You cheer when someone does good, do you not? Why not also have feelings when someone does bad?

Yes, you're right Rico. I admit I have feelings when someone does bad...

Happy or sad...it matters note http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-08-25 16:37 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Aug 25, 2004, 06:40 PM
Still, they really have been harsh. I don't recall what was said, but in one of the gymnastics event, someone made a minor slip up and the announcer just completely flipped out. Announcers of all people, DO need to keep their emotions to a bare minimum so as to not encourage hate. If people truly hate what they are seeing, they don't really need an announcer to tell them that's the case http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Bradicus
Aug 25, 2004, 09:56 PM
My problem with the announcers is the extreme bias they put on the competition. Honestly, if you didn't know anything about the olympians, you would always swear that the one from your country will win.

That, and they all seem to suffer from Madden Syndrome.
"Now, his strategy in this swim is to go faster than everyone else" :/

RicoRoyal
Aug 25, 2004, 10:04 PM
On 2004-08-25 19:56, Bradicus wrote:
That, and they all seem to suffer from Madden Syndrome.
"Now, his strategy in this swim is to go faster than everyone else" :/

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif That was classic. Thank you.

Gnarled_rose
Aug 26, 2004, 07:49 AM
I actually agree with the comment first made: Don't bash someone if you can't do any better.

It's not so bad when the announcer gets wrapped up in the joy of the moment; some moments are universally worth cheering for. But announcer's jokes in general just suck. I mean, nobody can hear you except for the people sitting at home, which means you can't hear their reactions, which mean you end up looking like an failing insult comic.

opaopajr
Aug 26, 2004, 08:55 PM
i think the words everyone here is looking for is: insipid and trite.

for this is what tv, and especially the announcers, have been for quite a while now. in fact, i achtually have difficulty watching the olympics with the volume on because the announcers make me yearn for self-immolation to drive their maddening drivel from my head. their comments are like torturous earworms, jangling around your head, making you gnash your teeth. you actually feel brain cells die - and you didn't go through the fun of getting drunk!

watch the olympics on a foreign channel if you can, their coverage is usually a lot better. european coverage has been routinely fantastic over the years, i recommend it.

pixelate
Aug 26, 2004, 09:39 PM
On 2004-08-25 16:20, TheOneHero wrote:
Honestly, during womens diving, one girl made a big splash and the female announcer says:

They are going to have to refill the pool after that!

I remember seeing that the other day. Some of the announcers sound bitter towards the athletes.

DarthFomar
Aug 27, 2004, 06:53 AM
"Television Announcers"....oh those people. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I don't much care for 'em either. Actually, I find them rather revolting...seeing as how snooty, arrogant, and idiotic most of them are. Go figure...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sharkyland
Aug 28, 2004, 01:57 PM
-sigh-

I don't like listening to them either. I guess they need some stuff to fill during the break between the contestants and geez, do they have to show every dam single mistake every character did in fine detail...?

- Oh, that didn't like too good.
- The judges are going to deduct like .5 to 1 point from their scores.

Even the network news is like this. :/

BogusKun
Aug 28, 2004, 06:40 PM
I think hosts from Celebrity Deathmatch could do a whole lot better.