PDA

View Full Version : Here's how to simulate Xbox PSO now!

inferno10
Jun 23, 2002, 06:00 PM
You don't have to wait to talk to PSO users on the Xbox, you can do it now with your Dreamcast! All you need is a few items:

1) A broadband connection (56k could lag a LOT with voice and gaming at the same time)
2) A router
3) A computer with a NIC
4) A Dreamcast with a BBA
5) A headset microphone
6) Yahoo chat

Network your DC and computer to the router, and connect your broadband to the router. Log on PSO as normal, and load up your computer. It's best if the computer is nearby, or at least you have a very long headset cable. Go into Yahoo chat, and go into the PSO chat (if there would be one). Set the mic to Handsfree, and play PSO like an Xbox (just without the graphical update and new stages and such)

watashiwa
Jun 23, 2002, 06:04 PM
Teehee, you're so smart and funny! *giggle*

inferno10
Jun 23, 2002, 06:08 PM
Yeah, and if you want to simulate an Oberon lobby style voice chat, join one of those voice rooms with lots of people in them, particularly in the Chatterbox or Fight Room

watashiwa
Jun 23, 2002, 06:12 PM
On 2002-06-23 16:00, inferno10 wrote:
(just without the graphical update and new stages and such)

BTW, X-Box is going to feature graphical updates and new stages? Hehe. Where did you read that?

inferno10
Jun 23, 2002, 06:13 PM
I thought Xbox PSO was going to be a possible port of PSO EP: I and II

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 06:13 PM
lol! hahah~ Good one! But I don't think people will actually do this though lol But good inventive lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 06:15 PM
It's still unknown so let's leave it there before people start speculating O__o....

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 06:45 PM
Yes, nothing is concrete on what the XBOX version will have (besides the Forest Area and four character classes ^_^). Let's hope the arguments and flames on the matter stay in the other threads on the matter.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 06:51 PM
Actually, one of those Xbox streaming movies showed bits and pieces of all 4 areas, much like your standard game trailer. That and not much else.

SilencePSO
Jun 23, 2002, 08:28 PM
Until you know for sure what Xbox PSO is going to be, why do you make stupid jokes? I'm sorry if your jelous that the Gamecube dosen't have Halo or JSRF, or Morrowind, I'm sorry, but if making fun of Xbox PSO makes you feel better that all you have is Luigi's Mansion, and other stupid kids games, then carry on!

Remember, you may not be excited, or even care about Xbox PSO, but some people really want to know that FACTS about it before they say one way or the other what it is.

Sorry for the rant, I really have nothing against Gamecube or it's fans, but seriously! Why make fun of the Xbox just to feel better about your system!? It's idiotic! Knock it off and the world would be better! And mods who think thats proper behavior is just crazy.

watashiwa
Jun 23, 2002, 08:30 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:28, SilencePSO wrote:
Until you know for sure what Xbox PSO is going to be, why do you make stupid jokes? I'm sorry if your jelous that the Gamecube dosen't have Halo or JSRF, or Morrowind, I'm sorry, but if making fun of Xbox PSO makes you feel better that all you have is Luigi's Mansion, and other stupid kids games, then carry on!

Hahahaha... Oh, man. *wipes tear from eye* You're hilarious.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 08:34 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:28, SilencePSO wrote:

Remember, you may not be excited, or even care about Xbox PSO, but some people really want to know that FACTS about it before they say one way or the other what it is.

Sorry for the rant, I really have nothing against Gamecube or it's fans, but seriously! Why make fun of the Xbox just to feel better about your system!? It's idiotic! Knock it off and the world would be better! And mods who think thats proper behavior is just crazy.

Whoooa~ Hey there Silence. Come on relax ok? It was just a joke don't worry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I like Xbox too and look, I laughed. He wasn't really making fun of it, just the voice chat thing. Anyways, we all know that it's going to be much better in the game so don't worry, if you still don't like the joke just don't pay attention

SilencePSO
Jun 23, 2002, 08:38 PM
I know, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, really. It just gets to me that people think the best way to defend their purchase is buy telling other people that their system is crap.

This may not have been the topic to post that, and I really didn't mean to direct it at Inferno10, it's just that after reading so much Xbox bashing, this one just became one to many. If half these people who make fun of Xbox actually HAD one, they wouldn't say the things they do.

I honestly hope Inferno, nor any of you took that the wrong way, but my opinion had to be heard, and maybe just one person learned something...

*end public service message* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nendaiki
Jun 23, 2002, 11:07 PM
For a more in depth simulation of the XBox version, burn your money and slam your head into a wall. You can FEEL the realism.

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 11:28 PM
On 2002-06-23 21:07, Nendaiki wrote:
For a more in depth simulation of the XBox version, burn your money and slam your head into a wall. You can FEEL the realism.

Can we simply hurt you instead?

inferno10
Jun 24, 2002, 12:28 AM
Umm, this post was in no way intended to make fun of the Xbox PSO. I just wanted to say that you can simulate voice chat on PSO now without having Xbox PSO. Boy, we're not all trying to start flame wars...

Malkavian
Jun 24, 2002, 08:53 AM
hehe well this topic is funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wewt
Jun 24, 2002, 10:39 AM
On 2002-06-23 22:28, inferno10 wrote:
Umm, this post was in no way intended to make fun of the Xbox PSO. I just wanted to say that you can simulate voice chat on PSO now without having Xbox PSO. Boy, we're not all trying to start flame wars...

Then don't post something that will obviously get others pissed off.

Nendaiki
Jun 24, 2002, 11:31 AM
Hurting me would bring joy, and that would destroy the simulation right there.

I'm just playing guys. We need to have all systems get along. Wee, why can't we be friends...