PDA

View Full Version : Is there any use?

Natron
Aug 25, 2004, 08:47 PM
Can anyone tell me why the Proto Regene Gear takes a level 66? It's weaker than the delsaber's sheild, but requires an extra fifteen levels. Plus, the regeneration doesn't work! Any help would be appreciated.

Cc08
Aug 25, 2004, 09:03 PM
Sonic Team just felt like throwing in a totally useless item. It is the only explanation I can think of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-08-25 19:03 ]</font>

Tycho
Aug 25, 2004, 09:09 PM
Look, it's in there because there's a regular and an advanced one too. And naturally, since they're in the same set the level difference shouldn't be that much.
And ofcourse it's bad, it's the prototype. With a lot of things regular and advanced versions are better than the prototypes... duh, doesn't that make even a little sense?

Natron
Aug 26, 2004, 09:26 AM
yeah, it makes sense, and I thought of that. I just still don't understand why it's such a bad item with such a high requirement.

Dhylec
Aug 26, 2004, 06:29 PM
Natron wrote:
I just still don't understand why it's such a bad item with such a high requirement.

some ST programers must had a bad day, so this can be their way of 'screw the players, let 'em have a worthless shield w/high required lev' for the heck of it

if only the requirement lev is 20 or 30 lv less, this can be a nice piece of junk.. er gear =]

Xhis_HU
Aug 26, 2004, 06:32 PM
well it can only be useful if u dont go online, because rare shields are harder to come by in offline

Ketchup345
Aug 26, 2004, 06:48 PM
On 2004-08-26 16:32, Xhis_HU wrote:
well it can only be useful if u dont go online, because rare shields are harder to come by in offline

http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php?section=9&class=Shield&version=v3

The Secret gear is better in both DFP and EVP, and only requires level 41. Not to mention that it is fairly common, with a very easy drop rate from Gilchics in Hard Mines.

Secret Gear > Proto Regen Gear in every way (possibly besides block animation).

Xhis_HU
Aug 26, 2004, 06:58 PM
hmm...i dint know that...but im redria and as you know that we both have diff drop rates and different mons that drop things...i havent found it but i will look for i later.

Dana
Aug 26, 2004, 07:42 PM
pure crap....as you get it in very hard and can get a secret gear in hard it's pure pooh, ther is NO use unless you have NO OTHER ITEMS.....but it's a nivce collectors item and you don't really need it but the otrher 2 regene are quite nice!

Ketchup345
Aug 26, 2004, 08:06 PM
On 2004-08-26 16:58, Xhis_HU wrote:
hmm...i dint know that...but im redria and as you know that we both have diff drop rates and different mons that drop things...i havent found it but i will look for i later.

The Secret Gear drops for 6/10 IDs, and at the same chance (Redria being in the 6). Many of the Ids that get it are very good IDs, and 2-3 of them are considered "Must Have IDs" to many. This means that the Proto Regen Gear has absolutely no purpose at all.

Xhis_HU
Aug 26, 2004, 10:21 PM
the purpose is for ppl like us to talk about it and say that it has no use