PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding the next version of PSO

Zinger314
Aug 26, 2004, 11:26 PM
Well, I'm an addict of PSO, I've gotten about 200-300 hours combined on all my characters, a personal gaming record for me. I've been loving the Xbox version...but the new games are starting to appeal to me.

My first look is at PSO +. It looks pretty good, but is it worth it, even though I already have a veritable PSO version? Also, I don't plan to go online, as the total price involved in it is way too expensive.

I also would LOVE to play PSOBB. However, do to the potential complexity of problems caused by the Japanese basis, I am not willing to risk potential problems with it, if something should go wrong. Therefore, I must wait for an English release...but do you think it could actually happen?

THe problem is is that I can only get one or the other. If I get PSO +, it would mean that an English Version of PSOBB would be unlikely. If I got PSOBB, it would be superior to PSO +, and I would never touch it. Or should I just drop the decision?

sonic_blast
Aug 26, 2004, 11:31 PM
On 2004-08-26 21:26, Zinger314 wrote:
Well, I'm an addict of PSO, I've gotten about 200-300 hours combined on all my characters

i'm sorry, no offence, but you consider yourself as an addict???

Zarode
Aug 26, 2004, 11:33 PM
-.-;;; Okay, hate to break it to you, but there might not even be an English verison to Blue Burst. If you want to play, join TheRedTeam or The Something Brotherhood. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Lina might be here kicking my arse for this one...

Zinger314
Aug 26, 2004, 11:34 PM
On 2004-08-26 21:31, sonic_blast wrote:

Well, I'm an addict of PSO, I've gotten about 200-300 hours combined on all my characters

i'm sorry, no offence, but you consider yourself as an addict???

Well, I was when I used to play it laboriously.

If you want, I'll get an exact count of hours later. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 26, 2004, 11:44 PM
No, join team Spiralis. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eh, BB isn't that hard to get around in. Pretty easy, actually, if you're used to PSO at all. Wait for the English release if there is one.

And bah, I'M an addict, I've got at least 1500 hours between my GC chars. >_>;;;

Zinger314
Aug 26, 2004, 11:46 PM
On 2004-08-26 21:44, Ian-KunX wrote:

Eh, BB isn't that hard to get around in. Pretty easy, actually, if you're used to PSO at all. Wait for the English release if there is one.

Yeah, yeah, I played in the Beta, but I'd prefer an English version, just because I have no clue what 99% of the items are, and I don't have the time to learn Japanese. And, it's a lot more conveint to handle account info in English.

EphekZ
Aug 27, 2004, 02:20 AM
[quote]

THATS IT!!and your last post you said you will gte an exact unless you were lieing you said about 200-300 so its gottabe aroudn that...sad -_-

EJ
Aug 27, 2004, 02:54 AM
On 2004-08-26 21:44, Ian-KunX wrote:
No, join team Spiralis. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And bah, I'M an addict, I've got at least 1500 hours between my GC chars. >_>;;;

Bah don't listen to Ian. Join TheRedteam if you want english players. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And also only a combine of about 200-300 hours that nothing I have bout 800 with cube alone and already 100+ on BB

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-08-27 01:18 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Aug 27, 2004, 03:12 AM
Personally I would d keep playing PSO on XBOX untill either BB gets a English release (doudbtfull) or Universe comes out.

I imported BB, yes its playable, but I decided not to play it as I felt the lanuguage barrier was too much. All the quests are in Japanese, as is all the item drops etc.

It just becomes a chore to play, and when you consider that all the new quests and the new area will also be in Japanese, it kind of ruins the game as you are missing out on the story etc.

RicoRoyal
Aug 27, 2004, 03:13 AM
If there ever is one (something I sincerely doubt), I would recommend you get the english edition of BB. PSO+ is a pathetic attempt on Sonic Team's part to get more money out of us. That being said, they suceeded with me; yup, getting it as soon as I get the 30 dollars. Just because I play the GC version of the game, doesn't mean i'm completely supportive of it. BB surpases all other versions, well... in everyway. What I wouldn't do to have the BB shortcut menus on my GC version (I would kill Eihwaz if need be http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ricoroyal/ghostwacko.gif). Why do I not play BB you ask? Simply put... I'm too damn caught up with what I've accomplished on GC to just go out and start anew (change frightens me).

Oh, just thought I'd throw in my two cents while we're at it. You are not an addict; not even close. I'm sure you have the potential though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif. Keep at it!

vdechpokket
Aug 27, 2004, 04:16 AM
Why are you guys keep on waiting for english release of some games, lots of good japanese games are never released in english, so are you just going to waste your chance of playing something good.

Also since you said you are a PSO addict, you should know how the game works anyway, what else is there to read, weapon name? you can ask anyone, there are enough english player in BB anyway,

The menu is BB is quite easy to remember, one is weapon equip, one is feed mag, what else is there to know?

why don;t you at least try, it's free for the 1st 15 days anyway

shingo
Aug 27, 2004, 06:54 AM
well i guess if want to get psobb your going have to leran to read kongi.well they might realese like they doing with pso plus a year or 2 .i tryed to download but the thing takes to freaken long with a 56k modem and i cant get dsl for my area.Also i can get internet via satallte but then my parents have to buy a whole new dish and the people wont let you install it yourself. also do you guys really think that if they didnt realese the version pso Ep1&2 for ps2in america. do you rally think there going to realese blue burst too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-27 05:03 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Aug 27, 2004, 07:01 AM
On 2004-08-27 02:16, vdechpokket wrote:
Why are you guys keep on waiting for english release of some games, lots of good japanese games are never released in english, so are you just going to waste your chance of playing something good.

Also since you said you are a PSO addict, you should know how the game works anyway, what else is there to read, weapon name? you can ask anyone, there are enough english player in BB anyway,

The menu is BB is quite easy to remember, one is weapon equip, one is feed mag, what else is there to know?

why don;t you at least try, it's free for the 1st 15 days anyway

Its just not a "pick up and play" game when all the text is in Japanese. Yeah, the menus are easy, its when you come to doing missions, and working out whats what with item drops.

What will you be missing when the new quests come out as well as the new area?

I dont know...its a strange thing, but it just doesnt have the same "feel" to it when you play it on a PC.

shingo
Aug 27, 2004, 07:07 AM
ounce you think about psobb is just better version of the oringal pc version just with new and more items monsters and lvls with new quest.so its like pso+ in a way but with a diffrent name.

also considering the japanese version going to be diffrent from us version if there ever this one because the software and crap is diffrent then american sofware for xp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-27 05:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-27 05:11 ]</font>

rena-ko
Aug 27, 2004, 07:16 AM
wait for someone to do a script then.
or do one yourself. perfect oportunity to learn a new language, isnt it.

and ... >_> *cough* 5,600 hours DC + GC combined *cough* who's the addict now

AndyPandy
Aug 27, 2004, 07:30 AM
On 2004-08-27 05:16, rena-ko wrote:
wait for someone to do a script then.
or do one yourself. perfect oportunity to learn a new language, isnt it.

and ... >_> *cough* 5,600 hours DC + GC combined *cough* who's the addict now

I dont want to learn a new language, I have enough dificulty with the Queens English. I'm too busy to write a script, I play games to relax and enjoy, not to make even more work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-08-27 05:32 ]</font>

shingo
Aug 27, 2004, 07:30 AM
4,500 on gc only because thats the only one i have but unless psobb is coming out pc with a english patch or something like those things you download to read japneses sites

shingo
Aug 27, 2004, 07:39 AM
then not our faults if cant read any thing in quests items and other stuff in the game then but im not saying im expert because the only thing i know in japanese is -Kun -sama -san and also i know how to say little tiny words but not really big words.only lerand some things about by looking at fansubs of japanese anime that hasnt been realesed in the U.S.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-27 05:42 ]</font>

Ryu_4
Aug 27, 2004, 08:38 AM
hmmm i dont beleive pso+ is in any way better then psobb becuase theres really nothing new in pso+ is ther? just makes online quests offline...thats all ive heard...and are pso chars going to be on pso+ servers? are they the same if so why does it matter if you cant cheat cuz everyone else will cheat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif