PDA

View Full Version : NTL online?

Dazmaster75
Aug 27, 2004, 04:07 AM
Does anyone use NTL broadband for PSO online? You see, I'm getting a new TV possibly that can do 60Hz for £99 and then putting it near my PC so I can take the broadband cable from the PC and put it in the broadband adapter. Would that work? Does NTL broadband work well?

I have the 300Kb connection too, is this a good one to have, would it lag a lot?

Any help much appreciated!

Daz

Rich_T
Aug 27, 2004, 11:16 AM
there should be no problems with NTL (UK) s it works with X box live without any problems, so it should work for the gamecube as well.
however you may need to register the BBAs MAC address with NTL if and only of you cant get it to work.

Dazmaster75
Aug 27, 2004, 11:27 AM
How do I do that? Can i do it online?

BrokenHope
Aug 27, 2004, 11:45 AM
If you use the TV set top box to connect online you'll need a router, if you use a stand alone cable modem all you need to do is remove the plug from the back of the pc and plug it into the GC, then turn off the modem for around 10 seconds then on again. Wait till the lights are stable, then you should be good to go.

Dazmaster75
Aug 27, 2004, 11:50 AM
I do use the set top box, but isn't this the modem? I reset it and it gives me the same message.

What do I need to do about getting a router, and how do I do it?

The DNS connection page says No.101 could not connect to server, the server may be down for maintainence.

Any help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dazmaster75 on 2004-08-27 09:55 ]</font>

digigram
Aug 27, 2004, 02:44 PM
Crossover cable.

Rich_T
Aug 27, 2004, 03:49 PM
Is this correct:

Your P.C is conected to your Set top box (STB) using an ethernet cable ( same as the hole on your gamecube BBA)
to connect, switch off your set top box, and unplug it from the mains suply.
plug an ethernet lead from your gamecube BBa to your set top box, switch on the set top box, and it should work.

Dazmaster75
Aug 28, 2004, 05:25 AM
Doesn't work, I've been told by NTL that I need a router to do it!

atoaster
Aug 28, 2004, 07:12 PM
I have NTL... Before I got the wireless network, all I did was turn off the modem and turn it back on. Worked like a charm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Congratulations on getting through to NTL's tech support, I guess dragons do exist after all.

Seriously though, if turning off the modem isn't working, I don't know what could be wrong? I always had to that to get it to work. By the way setting up the DNS manually is not use either... (command prompt: nslookup http://www.ntlworld.com) Just do what has been recommended and switch of the modem by the power and switch it back on.

Dazmaster75
Aug 30, 2004, 07:12 AM
I'm online now!!! Got a router so i can use the PC and GC at the same time, it's excellent! AND my router has a nifty firewall too!

See you guys online!