PDA

View Full Version : how good is online?

Dazmaster75
Aug 27, 2004, 05:50 AM
I may be getting online today, so I would like to know how good PSO online actually is (for GC and ep1,2 and 3) Is the unlegitimacy of it like the PC version where there are hardly any legit players? Do legit players hang around in certain areas? Would people help me level up seen as I started a new character on an official mem card? Does NTL work well online?

Cheers for any info!

Daz

Dhylec
Aug 27, 2004, 06:05 AM
see
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=88601&forum=1&4
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=88037&forum=1&11

Dazmaster75
Aug 27, 2004, 06:58 AM
Cheers mate!

RamarBassist
Aug 27, 2004, 06:24 PM
im hoping to get online next month for my birthday and im really looking forward to it. im addicted to pso and i hope to expand my character so much once i get online. i have friends who say its awesome, but im just curious are there a lot of hackers on the Gamecube version, cuz i would only play legit but i dont wanna get hacked and lose my items.

VioletSkye
Aug 27, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-08-27 16:24, RamarBassist wrote:
im hoping to get online next month for my birthday and im really looking forward to it. im addicted to pso and i hope to expand my character so much once i get online. i have friends who say its awesome, but im just curious are there a lot of hackers on the Gamecube version, cuz i would only play legit but i dont wanna get hacked and lose my items.

There aren't many "hackers" but there are plenty of dupers and AR users. The only thing you need to worry about losing your items to is FSOD/X. Noone is going to hack your char and make you lose items.

RamarBassist
Aug 27, 2004, 06:54 PM
ok thanks, im just basing the whole hacker thing on information my friends have given me and i was just curious

thanks again for the info.

darkholemind
Aug 27, 2004, 07:40 PM
all you have to worry about is the hackers and making comments that will piss them off cause if you do they might hack something from you. In my case it was my serial number but i have friends who are hackers ^_^. So if you wanna play with legits play on this sites ship and block or play on games called legit cafe.

VioletSkye
Aug 27, 2004, 08:03 PM
Ignore darkholemind's post. Noone is going to "hack" anything from you whether you piss them off or not. And they certainly aren't going to steal your serial number and access key from you unless you tell them what it is.

Vielka
Aug 27, 2004, 08:50 PM
i spent 135 levels offline.. i finally got online for the first time a few weeks ago, and it made pso a brand new game.. Its totally different playing with a group of friends. Its also nice to play those online quests only as well as getting a better chance of getting those rares..

RamarBassist
Aug 27, 2004, 09:04 PM
thats exactly what im gonna do. ive spent 112 lvls offline and a few of my friends either have or will soon get the online adapter so im really looking forward to the team quests with my friends. ive heard that it really does renew the whole game once you get online and i cant wait till i finally get online

Jason
Aug 28, 2004, 10:33 PM
Yeah. Online will be worth it... having online mode gives you infinite replay value of this game.

RamarBassist
Aug 29, 2004, 01:47 PM
nice, the best games are games with good replay value, i cant even name how many old games i recently went back and beat. this month i beat 7 Nes games 10 n64 games and a couple GCN games. the better the replay value, the more worth it the game is.

Jason
Aug 29, 2004, 03:05 PM
On 2004-08-29 11:47, RamarBassist wrote:
nice, the best games are games with good replay value, i cant even name how many old games i recently went back and beat. this month i beat 7 Nes games 10 n64 games and a couple GCN games. the better the replay value, the more worth it the game is.

I have many other great games, but I always end up playing PSO and ignoring other games. It is like PSO is a powerful drug.

RamarBassist
Aug 29, 2004, 10:20 PM
i can relate, no matter how many other games i play in between, i always get drawn back to pso, its like a magnetic force pulling me back day after day.

P.S."Kokiri by Heart" that is really cool, the only game i love more than pso is The legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time.

Fossil
Aug 30, 2004, 05:16 AM
It's good enough that thousands pay to play it. And don't worry about hacking and that crap, it's virtually non-existant.

Dazmaster75
Aug 30, 2004, 09:22 AM
I'm online now! and it is amazing. The online missions (I have only played TTF) are cool!

RamarBassist
Aug 30, 2004, 12:04 PM
ok good, thats good to know,

P. S. are you looking for a guld milla?
i have one, but only one

RamarBassist
Aug 30, 2004, 12:06 PM
that last post was directed to fossil

trypticon
Aug 30, 2004, 08:01 PM
Online is SO good that very few of the "regulars" from these forums even have it anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-08-30 18:02 ]</font>

Dazmaster75
Aug 31, 2004, 07:58 AM
confused about that last post?

RamarBassist
Aug 31, 2004, 07:22 PM
uh huh, was that so supposed to be sarcasticc?