PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with my 'Cube

Yoink
Aug 28, 2004, 09:27 AM
Slot A won't load Memory Cards. When I put a memory card into Slot A, the LCD memory card doesn't fill up, and it says "The device in Slot A cannot be used" In Slot B, it works fine. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to buy a new Cube?

Drago
Aug 28, 2004, 03:32 PM
Ring the technical helpline, but don't get it fixed if they don't recommend it- just buy a new one, as the repair will probably open up more problems and also cost more.

Luis
Aug 30, 2004, 04:39 PM
true, get a new one, or if your gamecube still on warranty ask for a remplacement, so you can save some extra bucks

Rich_T
Aug 30, 2004, 05:08 PM
Is there anything in there that shouldnt be there, such as dust, or anything else?
forst of all, try blowing into the cartridge slot, if this doesnt work, get a THIN peice plastic, as used on yoghurt cartons, and cut this to a thin strip, insert one end of the strip into the memory card slot, and wipe it through, this may help clear any foreign objects that may be lurking inside.

the next option is to open up your gamecube, asuming that its out of warranty.

Open the gamecube up, and carefuly dismanlte it, taking care to note where the relavant bits came from.
look at the conectors on the memory card slot, are they bent out of shape? if so you may be able to aply a bit of light presure to fix them.

look at how the memory card slot is attached to the main circuit board, can you see cracks in the solder that attach it to the circuit board?
if so use a low wattage soldering iron, and aply heat to the damaged ( cracked) joint, it should re-join.

If the memory card slot holder is damaged beyond repair, and the conections on the mainboard are sound, you can swap slot A with slot B by unsoldering them both and swapping them round