PDA

View Full Version : Online error

atoaster
Aug 28, 2004, 07:18 PM
On one of my memory cards, I cannot get one of my character's online, he use to be able to get online, but not any more. I keep getting this error message, "(No.122)
There is an error in the save file. It was either saved improperly, or the server was accessed using a compromised save file. The following data will be reinitialized :Items/Challenge mode.
PRESS START."

Okay, so I rip out the memory card and I try playing for a while offline, then I save; go back online and still get the same message... This time I do press start, but nothing has happened, I still get the same error message. I have no duplicated weapons, no cheating devices and I am 100% pure legit. Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem? I really do not feel like making a new character (again).
Thanks for your help!

VioletSkye
Aug 29, 2004, 11:24 AM
On 2004-08-28 17:18, atoaster wrote:
On one of my memory cards, I cannot get one of my character's online, he use to be able to get online, but not any more. I keep getting this error message, "(No.122)
There is an error in the save file. It was either saved improperly, or the server was accessed using a compromised save file. The following data will be reinitialized :Items/Challenge mode.
PRESS START."

Okay, so I rip out the memory card and I try playing for a while offline, then I save; go back online and still get the same message... This time I do press start, but nothing has happened, I still get the same error message. I have no duplicated weapons, no cheating devices and I am 100% pure legit. Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem? I really do not feel like making a new character (again).
Thanks for your help!

Further down in your post you mentioned you were able to play offline just fine. Did you try playing the char/s offline that give you the error message online? Meaning if character X gives you the same character X offline? If you did and everything worked ok and saved properly offline, but still gives you an error online, did you try playing offline with every character on that memory card and saving?

If you tried that, then have you tried deleting just your Guildcard file? If there was an error in saving info back to the PSO_GUILDCARD.GCI file then deleting that file from the memory card would likely fix the problem. Just know that you will lose all of your previously acquired guildcards.

BTW is it only 1 char that can't get online or is the problem with any char on that particular memory card?

Do NOT ever delete your SYSTEM FILE unless you don't mind losing all of your chars. If you delete the SYSTEM file, it will rewrite your guildcard and character files.

atoaster
Aug 29, 2004, 11:59 AM
I will try deleting the guild card, thanks!

I can play with all of my characters offline with no problem, I can even do multiplayer offline as well. My characters:

Match and 3 other test characters:

Match- he gets the error message.

1- He does not get the error message online

2- He too does not get the error message

3- Same as 1 and 2.

It is just Match, however, offline I can play using him (and in multiplayer offline) with no problems at all.