PDA

View Full Version : Anacondas

TheOneHero
Aug 28, 2004, 10:10 PM
Did anybody see this movie? Is it worth going to see at all? I saw part of the first one, it was...bleh. I just thought I'd ask you guys and see if it's worth spending 5$ to see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-08-28 20:10 ]</font>

Aurra
Aug 28, 2004, 10:51 PM
I work at a movie theater, and although I have not seen it myself, I can assure you that Anacondas sucks.

Here's the basic plot: a group of people go to some tropical junglish place in search of a flower called the "Blood Orchid" which has magical properties. When they get there, they find that snakes are already using the flowers to become huge and evil. Violence ensues.

I could write a better plot with a crayon. In fact, I think I will.

*opens WordPad*

RicoRoyal
Aug 28, 2004, 11:16 PM
"Who will the snake kill off first: the African-American comic relief guy, the nerves-of-steel heroine, or the treacherous British professor? Take a wild guess."
-- Jeremiah Kipp, SLANT MAGAZINE

"Yes, it's a terrible movie and a waste of millions of dollars, but the upside is that Anacondas is hilarious."
-- Sarah Chauncey, REEL.COM

"I suppose it could have been worse: it could have been longer."
-- David Foucher, EDGE BOSTON

My Favorite:
"The CGI snakes are still so blatantly computer-based that you expect them to occasionally pause and say 'You've got mail!"
-- Larry Carroll, FILMSTEW.COM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com

If you trust in critics (masses of them), then do your research there. If you trust the masses (people), then go to this other one:

http://www.imdb.com

No matter what movie ,there will almost always be more people who like "insert movie name here" at IMDB than at Rotten Tomatoes. Don't worry though, both websites are pretty much guaranteed "SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2"-proof.

Do your research before you waste your money. Oh, and don't be frightened when someone on these boards shows up and tells you he or she liked the movie; it will most certainly happen. Trust him/her, the critics, or the masses, just don't trust me... cause I'm never seeing the movie.

VioletSkye
Aug 29, 2004, 12:02 AM
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss $5 good-bye.

It looks awful (even the trailer doesn't entice.) Save your $5 to rent the piece of sh*t Anacondas video game which I'm sure is lurking in the head of some dumbass movie exec, at least that you can turn off whenever you want if it sucks.