PDA

View Full Version : GC: General tip thread

Bladehunter
Aug 29, 2004, 01:21 PM
I was thinking we could make a nice post with different tips and maybe glitches in PSO for GC, excluding the obvious ones(Pressing start when passing traps, running around Garanz/Baranz etc.)
And I would appreciate if this thread could be flame-free.

My tip: Sometimes you do a Photon blast on a group of enemies when they surround you. But if they dont die of the photon blast they will all hit you a the same time, causing tremendous damage and often death. BUT if you have an android with you, make him/her place a freeze trapwhen you do a Photon blast. Then, under the PB sequence, the freeze trap will go offand freeze all the enemies so that you can escape without taking damage.

If you are an android, you can set a freeze trap using the quickSelect menu and quickly use your Photon blast. It will have the same effect.

Fireal
Aug 30, 2004, 11:33 AM
My Tip:

If you are dead and someone lets off a PB.
Press Y to donate some of your PB to the blast.
If the blast turns out to be Milla & Youlla, or Leilla you will be revived.
You only need to donate 10 PB for this to take effect.

Its handy for if you have no Moons on a hard boss, and one character is alive. If he uses his PB it's possible to revive the whole team again.

Alli
Aug 30, 2004, 11:45 AM
I just learned this one thanks to the helpful people in the Item / Quest section:

Max Attack 2 Quest TIMER LOCK

The team leader stays in the first room while the other team members go to the computer and press "Yes". Then all the members step away from the computer and wait by the door. Then the team leader goes to the computer and selects "yes". He will see a timer, but no one else will, and there should be no time limit on the game.

The one thing I'm not sure on is whether or not this trick affects final ranking... anyone else know?

Rainbowlemon
Aug 30, 2004, 12:09 PM
Wow, never knew that Fireal!

My tip: When doing a timed quest, try to stay well clear of walls/objects...they tend to get a tad...*sticky*, and will slow you down.

Nai_Calus
Aug 30, 2004, 03:35 PM
Tip: If you're doing your PB, and nobody else is, you've screwed up.

Tip: Worry about your Mag's IQ more than its Synchro. M&Y does you no good if you do it and the mag has no IQ and thus gives you L1 S/D.

Tip: Note ahead of time when you're going to do your PB chain, who is going to do what, make sure that no two consecutive people do the same PB, and do a count or at least a 'Now'. For best results damage-wise in addition to the uber-SD, do it on a group of enemies. To make sure it doesn't get screwed up, do it in an empty room or hallway. Nothing sucks more than a botched combo because someone got knocked down. On a related note, should you be doing it on enemies, the character who is most likely to be the one knocked down should go first, i.e, FOmar before HUcast.

Jasam
Sep 1, 2004, 05:27 AM
Heres a simple one, make sure you are in the same romm when doing a pb chain or it may not work (only the first blast gets used and weekened), also NEVER do it by a door or wall, as it may detect you as out of the room, especaly in the ruins near doors, and in the mines in the small square sinow rooms, in the corners!

squeak
Sep 1, 2004, 09:59 AM
For runnung around garanz's i noticed you can still control the camera with the quick menu up or if you have non offensive(non-attacking) buttons set on your controls.I use traps and mates on R trigger and just always hold R running thru hallways. you cant control camera with the start button =(

shifter
Sep 1, 2004, 02:16 PM
sweet tip Fireal. as for tips,
1-if someone has done a photon blast in the room ahead of you, and your not in the room, enter it cause the enemies inside that room will be frozen and you can get in some free shots.

2-the froozen shooter can be extremely effective as a boss weapon. since it goes in a straight line no matter, it can work just like a shot in that it doesdamage to multiply targets. try using it on de ral lie.

3-for dealing with those large groups of enemies and using a sword or partisan class weapon, only use a two hit combo instead of the usually three. youll find that you wont be as open to attacks as much as when you finish the three.

Jasam
Sep 1, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-09-01 12:16, shifter wrote:
sweet tip Fireal. as for tips,
1-if someone has done a photon blast in the room ahead of you, and your not in the room, enter it cause the enemies inside that room will be frozen and you can get in some free shots.

2-the froozen shooter can be extremely effective as a boss weapon. since it goes in a straight line no matter, it can work just like a shot in that it doesdamage to multiply targets. try using it on de ral lie.

3-for dealing with those large groups of enemies and using a sword or partisan class weapon, only use a two hit combo instead of the usually three. youll find that you wont be as open to attacks as much as when you finish the three.

Don't you mean snow queen, the frozen shooter doesn't penetrate?

squeak
Sep 2, 2004, 11:04 AM

I completely agree with the 2 hit combo. the pause after a 3 hit usually leaves you open waaaaaaaaaay too long. its possible to juggle a nano dragon thats trying to shoot his laser at you by doing 2 hit male saber animations. in ep1 cmode you can use a similar attack with the sinows when you start from the side.

2 hit combos also make weps that suck usable, like the claw series.

Joltox
Sep 2, 2004, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Rare Enemy Tip
When killing a rare enemy, destroy all surrounding regular enemies without touching the rare enemy. Once the rare enemy is alone, draw out your HANDGUN ONLY and cast S/D and J/Z if you have this. If not don't worry about it. The key to getting a RED BOX is not to kill the rare enemy to fast as well as to slow, but right in between. The duration time as soon as you hit the rare enemy is about 8 to 15 seconds for a RED BOX DROP. Anywhere before or past this duration time is only an end result of meseta or an annoying monomate, monofluid, etc.
Use this combination when having a God/Battle.
(Weak Attack, Weak Attack, Strong Attack)
Use this combination if you have a Devil/Battle or no battles at all.
(Weak Atck, Weak Atck, Weak Atck)
When doing this combination be sure to have alot of accuracy so that you don't miss him to much because you are only wasting time as well as messing up the entire drop.
If you do this successfully you will have a RED BOX. You do not have to do this trick no more than three times. Within that you will have a RED BOX.
If you are an android it is best to have alot of ATP as well as ATA. Do as followed and use a freeze trap in place of a S/D and J/Z. Be sure to eliminate all regular enemies before attacking the rare enemy, however.
If a force, all you do is use a mix of regular tech attack, Gi-tech attack, and Ra-tech attack based on rare enemies' weakness. Still, remember to destroy all other regular enemies before attacking the rare enemy.
This trick has worked for me when I got my RED SABER (hildetorr),MAGIC ROCK IRISTIA (hildetorr), FROZEN SHOOTER (hildetorr), SANGE (mil lily), GOD/POWER (mil lily), LAVIS CANNON (pouilly slime),
RED SCORPIO (pal rappy), and RED HANDGUN (pal rappy).
I hope this tip is helpful to anyone searching for a real special item such as a syncesta, star amplifier, magic rock iristia, etc..
Happy Hunting!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rainbowlemon
Sep 2, 2004, 12:56 PM
On 2004-09-02 10:01, Joltox wrote:
Ultimate Rare Enemy Tip
When killing a rare enemy, destroy all surrounding regular enemies without touching the rare enemy. Once the rare enemy is alone, draw out your HANDGUN ONLY and cast S/D and J/Z if you have this. If not don't worry about it. The key to getting a RED BOX is not to kill the rare enemy to fast as well as to slow, but right in between. The duration time as soon as you hit the rare enemy is about 8 to 15 seconds for a RED BOX DROP. Anywhere before or past this duration time is only an end result of meseta or an annoying monomate, monofluid, etc.
When doing this combination be sure to have alot of accuracy so that you don't miss him to much because you are only wasting time as well as messing up the entire drop.
If you do this successfully you will have a RED BOX. You do not have to do this trick no more than three times. Within that you will have a RED BOX.
If you are an android it is best to have alot of ATP as well as ATA. Do as followed and use a freeze trap in place of a S/D and J/Z. Be sure to eliminate all regular enemies before attacking the rare enemy, however.
If a force, all you do is use a mix of regular tech attack, Gi-tech attack, and Ra-tech attack based on rare enemies' weakness. Still, remember to destroy all other regular enemies before attacking the rare enemy.
This trick has worked for me when I got my RED SABER (hildetorr),MAGIC ROCK IRISTIA (hildetorr), FROZEN SHOOTER (hildetorr), SANGE (mil lily), GOD/POWER (mil lily), LAVIS CANNON (pouilly slime),
I hope this tip is helpful to anyone searching for a real special item such as a syncesta, star amplifier, magic rock iristia, etc..
Happy Hunting!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

No offense Joltox, but that is a load of rubbish. The drops rates can't be changed in any way, you only find this works for you either because:

1. You're very lucky

2 . You're a lying bastard.

Either way, sorry, but the information you gave is all but useful!

Gjl
Sep 2, 2004, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Rare Enemy Tip

Wow what a fucking loser. He spent ALL that time typing such a huge ass post just to spread another crappy rumour around. What the heck is the point?

If you didn't make this up and got told this from your brother/friend's aunt's boss/pet dog and actually BELIEVED this then seriously consider sterilising yourself or even suicide. Who knows, you might win the Darwin award.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-09-02 11:07 ]</font>

Fireal
Sep 2, 2004, 04:44 PM
Soooooo people, back to the topic eh?

Here's an old tip:
When you are in a room you suspect is full of traps, pull up the menu by pressing start/Z.
Now when you run through the traps, you will not slow down, and with a bit of luck will runs straight through all of the traps (the Slow/Confuse traps are slightly harder to dodge).

Also pressing Start/Z whilst trying to escape enemies is good because your caharacter naturally slows down around enemies, and pressing Start/Z will allow them to continue running at optimum speed, allowing you to get away faster.

cHaOsMaZtA
Sep 4, 2004, 09:19 PM
Wow what a fucking loser. He spent ALL that time typing such a huge ass post just to spread another crappy rumour around. What the heck is the point?

If you didn't make this up and got told this from your brother/friend's aunt's boss/pet dog and actually BELIEVED this then seriously consider sterilising yourself or even suicide. Who knows, you might win the Darwin award.

Jeez, take a freaking chill pill, buddy. Just because a noob types a dumb rumor doesn't mean you snould tell him to kill himself. We were all noobs once, dont ya remember? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-09-04 19:21 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 09:58 PM
On 2004-09-04 19:19, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

Jeez, take a freaking chill pill, buddy. Just because a noob types a dumb rumor doesn't mean you snould tell him to kill himself. We were all noobs once, dont ya remember? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-09-04 19:21 ]</font>

Well put.

FORCE TIP: Megid seems to work quite well in Seabed against Sinow Zoa, Sinow Zele and Morfos. Since these are some of the more difficult enemies, it is nice when you can sometimes get rid of them with one shot of megid. Helps me cruise through Ultimate Seabed and get loads of EXP quickly.

FORCE TIP: Ultimate Mine is a good place for Forces to play because nearly all the enemies are weak to Foie attacks. Just repeatedly Gifoie or Rafoie each room and you clear it fast. Sinow Red and Baranz arent too weak to Foie but they pop up less commonly.

Garm
Sep 5, 2004, 07:04 AM
offline solo: want to get to the boss quick? never ever take a door with 4 locks on! it never leads to the boss!

online solo: dont try to open up the 4 lock doors since it takes 4 ppl

well thats all i know wich aint said before

Tycho
Sep 5, 2004, 07:41 AM
When you're unlikely to be able to use your PB for a chain, a good moment to use it when you or soemeone on your time is affected by an annoying status effect, it will wear off this way.
If you're close, anti might be a better alternative.

And if you'd cast both J and Z if enemies are close (don't if they're not), cast J first. Otherwise, you might get knocked down and not get the time to cast Z.

Bladehunter
Sep 5, 2004, 01:41 PM
Wow, looks like I struck gold with this thread.

I thank you all for your tips and donīt stop experimenting for more tips. The more you share, the more you learn.

Fireal
Sep 6, 2004, 12:17 PM
Splitting Slimes:

For those that don't know...

To split a Slime with a Hunter that can use techs, just cast Gibarta, this will cause the slime to split into more slimes.

To split a slime with an android, you must hit the slime with the 3rd hit of your combo.
The easiest way to achieve this is to use the special attack on a weapon for the first two parts of your combo, and then finish up with a light hit, so as not to damage the slimes too much.
So, Special, Special, Light.

(Try and use a weapon where the special rarely hits)

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 12:24 PM
On 2004-09-06 10:17, Fireal wrote:
Splitting Slimes:

For those that don't know...

To split a Slime with a Hunter that can use techs, just cast Gibarta, this will cause the slime to split into more slimes.

To split a slime with an android, you must hit the slime with the 3rd hit of your combo.
The easiest way to achieve this is to use the special attack on a weapon for the first two parts of your combo, and then finish up with a light hit, so as not to damage the slimes too much.
So, Special, Special, Light.

(Try and use a weapon where the special rarely hits)

Hey I didnt know that special attacks could also split slime.

A good tip for people who want to kill a room of slimes instantly - drop a damage trap whilst they are moving across the floor. They all die.

Fireal
Sep 6, 2004, 12:31 PM
You misundertsood my post...

The idea is that the two special attacks miss, allowing the 3rd, light hit to connect.
This will cause the slime to split.

Although hitting a slime with a special will cause it to split, the special has to be the Final attack.

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 03:21 PM
On 2004-09-06 10:31, Fireal wrote:
You misundertsood my post...

The idea is that the two special attacks miss, allowing the 3rd, light hit to connect.
This will cause the slime to split.

Although hitting a slime with a special will cause it to split, the special has to be the Final attack.

I know, I did understand your post. I just didnt want to write all of that out again so I called it special for short.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 13:24 ]</font>

Luis
Sep 6, 2004, 10:26 PM
what i do belive is this

rare drop = Random( Enemy.Drop )

The random command in C/C++ take a random number from the internar clock, getting the miliseconds variable. as the number and the range 1 to # is taken by the database drop table, for example purple id, mil lilly means this

if 1 = Random ( 204 ) + 1 {
Drop.Rare = Enable;
}

if the Random command get the number 1 of the 1 to 205 range you will get a rare drop, i have to see if there is something else like a 3 way combos.

Alli
Sep 7, 2004, 01:00 PM
To anyone who knows - what's that trick I often see the RA's doing in TTF runs to make Vol Opt's 2nd form appear super-fast? It looks like the RA just attacks the monitors with a pair of mechguns (and ONLY the RA, no one else can attack) and then in just a few seconds the room does its shaking animation and Vol Opt's final form comes out... how do they do that?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

kazuma56
Sep 13, 2004, 07:47 PM
Just in case some people missed it.

1) In rooms with multiple Ob lilies, find one that isn't close to the rest of the back, walk close enough for it to hit you, but far enough so that it doesn't, if done right this will make it go in a endless biting frenzy thus you shouldn't have to worry about megid attacks from behind, if all else fails, just make it hit you that it pushes you to the spot I mentioned above.

2)In rooms with 2 or more Baranz, try to station yourself so that when it appears, you are behind 1 of them, now this part is sorta tricky, use a weapon (preferably mechguns) and attack it in very prolonged combo hits, if done right, that baranz will have trouble turning around because it will be pausing while rotating, and the other baranz' would have launched there missles toward the baranz you are facing and will insta-kill/heavily damage it, leaving only 2 baranz left in the room, if you are too weak to take them, just run around them until they eventually kill each other.

Cheap Tactic
3) Now I don't know if this works online, but it does work in offline and offline multiplayer modes.
when fighting a Morfos, switch the camera angle to a view where you cannot see them, (this HAS to be done before they appear on screen) now when they appear, you can hear their beam attacks, but because your screen isn't showing them, it somehow doesn't hit you. In Multiplayer games, ALL players must have their screen faced away or you will get hit.

4) Some rooms in Seabed have ramps, use them to aviod damage.

Ranger only
5) when fighting bosses that fly, use a frozen shooter and you will see a drastic change from the number of misses that you see while trying to use any other gun.

Ranger only
6) when fighting Delsabers, using a Photon Launcher/Frozen Shooter,Baranz Launcher, or Ruby bullet allows you to break through their block... I know this also works for techs.

7) When a delsaber tries to plant you with it's aerial slash attack, using a gun/tech at the right time will make him fall from the air and block your attack rather than hitting you with it's blade. (note that the Delsaber must be facing directly in front of you)

walking in and out of rooms saves your ass if you cannot handle an area, because enemies cannot go that far.

More to come, I still have a few more that I haven't posted.

BTW feel free to comment and or add your own tactics.

Also, that Morfos trick may not work depending on stage set-up, I think it's a maximum of 2-3 rooms, but only the first wave.

Fireal
Sep 16, 2004, 04:52 PM
A nice wealth of tips there by kazuma http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Heres one...
If you raise a mag to level 200 and fancy a different mag, as long as it's not special or been kitted, you can change it by giving it to a different ID or Class to feed.

I'll give you an example, I raised a Kama with the stats POW > DEX > MIND
I didn't like the Kama, so I gave it to many different Classes and IDs to see all the possible other outcomes, and I found I could raise a Marica, Kama, Naruka and Varaha all from the same stats.

Be warned, if you re-feed it at level 200, it will change back to the original mag you were stuck with.

Mags evolve when fed at every level that ends with a 5 or a 0.