PDA

View Full Version : i am tired of watching my friends getting corruption!!!

Luis
Aug 29, 2004, 10:13 PM
In the last week i knew that again one of my best friends online lost their chars, i mean the community online is very very exceptional, since i am playing on battlenet also, in deneb i hear the word "noob" and "own" 100 times less that what i hear on battlenet.

Anyway i get angry when my friend Dogster lost his chars, because of corruption, there are methods that try to fix corruption, but the sad thing is http://www.belkin.com got one allready long time ago a method to prevent and i knew it, and i didnt say nothing, also linksys got one also.

why i didnt say nothing ill explain later but the belkin routers got this:

"The Router provides top-level security to your network with a NAT firewall that locks out would-be hackers, and you'll also be able to restrict access on any or all of the computers on the network. Using VPN (Virtual Private Networking), the Router can be configured to allow remote access to the network by authorized users"

how can i know that thing works, simple, i never been corrupted, i did some testing on vega, a guy name infamous nugz or something, he did try something and guess what...... here i am.

how can u set up a router, get the http://www.belkin.com webpage, and update the firmware, but first of all get into the router bios entering on your internet explorer web browser "http://192.168.0.1".

how does this stop corruption, well most attacks are done by outside code, such as computer made, devices like game shark, etc, it will disconect you most of the time before you get corruption, and if the gamecube or xbox got into a infinite loop (mostly called FSOD), get to your pc and select in the internal router menu, the ip that your console is using and send a reset signal to that IP (not he IP of your ISP, the IP on your LAN network), most people may not understand what i am trying to say but i know that some places like COMPUSA is building residentials firewall networks, also this can be very helpfull for your computer also and another games.

to the people who doesnt belive because I dOnt tYPe
LIkE A HacKEr or i dont use more technicals words, ill say well do your own method to STOP corruption and dont use this, its simple - dont like it, dont use i, but here is the best way to public something for guys that have been playing long time ago with me, and this is the less that i can do.

Why i didnt post this before maybe i could prevent some attacks?

the awnser is simple, oh yeah i did try to made something nice testing techs disk and materials drops

but what i got is arrogance, very disapoiting quotes,
and asking for test. And sorry for being agressive but this is for Ketchup, first you asked the CODE and i did show it to you, then you ask for a CHART??
.........MAN there is NO CHARTS inside the disk, just a lots of line in there, the gamecube is a machine, doesnt read CHARTS?, and where is the small test that i posted for you? to see if you really understand what is posted there.

thank you for reading this and this is for you
Dogster, Zero, Shamankingf, Art, Sara, Derrick, and many many more please dont get corrupted man!

P.D allways RicoRoyal quote my post, would be fun watching what he is going to quote on this, funny guy that RicoRoyal.

Rolf_Landale
Aug 29, 2004, 10:49 PM
A router will do nothing to prevent FSOD. It's just a bug in the online code.

RicoRoyal
Aug 29, 2004, 10:55 PM
I managed to understand most of what you just typed out. It sounds rather interesting and I hope someone is able to test out your recommendations. I can't test it out as I have no money and I'm not very interested in technical issues. I have nothing more to say on the issue other than good work I guess (assuming it works).

But yeahhhh... stop flamebaiting me and go read the forum rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum) for the hell of it. If you feel you have something worthwhile to say to me, then you can feel free to look at my profile so that we can talk about it on our own time. I still don't get what your deal is with me, but hey, whatever... more power to you. You didn't get warned last time for flaming/flamebaiting, and you probably won't get warned this time either, but just please leave me the hell alone while on these boards.

Luis
Aug 29, 2004, 10:56 PM
On 2004-08-29 20:49, Rolf_Landale wrote:
A router will do nothing to prevent FSOD. It's just a bug in the online code.

ok like i said you dont like it, use another, anyway read what i said, send a RESET SIGNAL to your LOCAL IP to disconect the console in a infinite loop and also if you are going to try to prove that what i said is wrong please do it with, technicals facts not just simple words, that means what you said and no offense its maybe taking off credit without an strong point, thank you again.

atoaster
Aug 30, 2004, 05:43 AM
I have a Belkin wireless router, and I can still get corrupted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif All a firewall does, is look at the incoming packets and then decide if it is a malicious outside code, and what port it wants to come into. If it is a port, lets just say, port 8 and an ICMP command comes in, and you have it blocked the firewall will then destroy the ping packet. All the FSOD is a bug in the game, a firewall won't protect you... I have 3 firewalls: XP one, Zone Alarm and the one on my router, I still get corrupted online, all though I do have to lower zone alarm, so it can pick up the DNS online. Nice idea in theory, but it doesn't work. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

atoaster
Aug 30, 2004, 05:45 AM
Missread most of that... Okay, so something that will cut you off? I can still be cut off... If you have a gameshark, I will come online and let you test it, I don't mind. I will just create a new character on a new memory card. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Luis
Aug 30, 2004, 08:52 AM
sorry i dont have a gameshark i like to play legit, but dont say "that doesnt work", maybe you miss some steps in the instalation, and also most of the time you may get into a infinite loop (FSOD), and if you get it while saving you may have corruption, but since you look that you know what are you talking about an infinite loop is a part of the code like

while (argument) {
< Code >
}

and the code is waiting for an awnser, that will come via the net, and if dont get it, it will keep in the loop, now when i say reset, is to reset that infinite loop.

Also since this guide is for most of my friends that usually get corruption i will apretiate that dont say
"sorry that doesnt work", what are you doing is getting confusion, because it works for me, and i dont blame you but, if its works for me, how i can say that you are right, i simply cant.

Luis
Aug 30, 2004, 09:04 AM
oh and by the way the model is FSD6231-4

EvilGenius
Sep 3, 2004, 06:01 AM
I have a Belkin Router, and after reading this i bypassed the router and connected directly to the broadband modem, on the 2nd unsuccesful attempt to connect - I got the corrupt message and lost over 300 hours of data, left me kinda unhappy, which is why i will never try to connect again, its not worth the loss, which is a shame as the online side seems awesome from what ive read. 8(