PDA

View Full Version : I Hate the Windmill!

AzureBlaze
Aug 29, 2004, 11:50 PM
I don't know if this post is too ranty...but it also asks a bunch of actual card related questions too, so here it goes in here.

Ok...consider if you will, this wep.
The top of the card is red. Just red, and not any other color. BUT it has the swap deal going on with it. As you know, this causes it to be a form of instant death for lots of items, including:
Things which roll for their ATP (Toy Hammer, Del-D) Shields which do not boost your ATP (Everything other then the Kasami Bracer) and monsters/items without any ATP boost (Ob lilly, Samba Maracas etc.)

First off, there is no monster that I know of that does this. WTH? So how is that fair to arkz? There also doesn't seem to be any monster who cancells all AC cards like the Kaladbolg does, but that isn't the point.

The windmill seems unblockable! I freely admit I don't own all the monsters or all the anything else cards...but so far I havn't found something that puts a stop to this whirling irritation.

Ok so you try to guard against it with cards like wall and guard. EVEN if they are blocking MORE then the hp the mill would *switch* it switches it anyway. Ex. Monster has 5HP and 2ATP. Put up a guard 4pt.
What about the be-all end-all blocker DK/MC/NA Guard? That stops damm near everything you can throw at it. Goes thru like it's not even there.

There's cards like Cancel and Seal or something that stop "Special Powers" and "Status Conditions" like megids/freezing/paralysis etc. but those all have to be activly stopping something that HAS the same color at the top, right? Purple vs. Purple and all. But the mill has no color other then red at the top, so those won't work either.

What stops the windmill from doing the old switcheroo? Is this card unblockable? Does it make you mad?

Capricornus
Aug 30, 2004, 09:04 AM
I prefer facing a Windmill instead of a Gal Wind any time.

If you see a windmill equipped, then you just need to make sure you dont have any items with 0 AP.
If you do however want to use 0 AP items, then you just need to have a 'seal' card ready (a 'defender' helps too if you play in a team).

Oh, and dont worry about arkz not having that ability, because there is an action card called 'change attack' if I do recall correctly.
If your opponent doesnt defend against it, then you will have the same ability as the windmill (wont work on the 'genbu shield' though)

Shim
Sep 3, 2004, 08:34 AM
Use seal to defend the ap/hp swap.

Circio
Sep 5, 2004, 11:02 PM
Certain weapons, such as the Sealed J-Sword, already have the ability trap ability. So if you are really that concerned about windmill, try using that and other weapons that already have ability trap.

Fomar0153
Sep 6, 2004, 09:19 AM
i like the windmill! In its defence only weak weapons die but i still prefer monsters