PDA

View Full Version : About rares...

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 12:58 AM
Where are they?

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 01:00 AM
I have only version 1 and only play offline. I am a skyly and am wondering where is the best area to find rares.

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 01:01 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SSBrian on 2002-06-25 14:05 ]</font>

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 01:03 AM
anywhere really.. well Ruins most likely. On Offline mode and with your minimal hours clocked in ( im guessing your a newbie) it will take a hell of alot of patience to find a rare... once your level 30 or so youll find DB sabers and Varistas http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif People have clocked in 200 hours with a lv 100 ver 1 char and havent found any Ubers...and i think Online mode increase Findings...

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 01:12 AM
I at level 50 and have played for about 52 hours and I have access to only very hard forest. But so far all I have is:

S-Beat Blade
Photon Claw
Hero Ability
2 Delsabre Busters

Is that good so far?

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 01:16 AM
I have DB's Sabre, the Varista and Last Survivor. Not to mention Frying pan and the Soul Eater.

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 01:18 AM
heh thats great i think. i havent played in a year but i didnt find more than 1 Delsabers buster at lv 94, one photon claw, a red handgun, that one Axe..aaand a Celestial shield....id say you are doing good...

Blue-Hawk
Jun 25, 2002, 07:12 AM
On 2002-06-24 23:12, SSBrian wrote:

Hero Ability

nice. where did you get that one from? the only ability i found when i was v1 was a master ability from a nar lilly under viridia.

FinalMasterM
Jun 25, 2002, 08:09 AM
The amount of time you've played has nothing todo with finding rares, its all luck and I don't mean the stat.

Skyly is the Sword ID if I'm not mistaken and in v1 the IDs acctually ment something.

In V-Hard you should get these:
Flowens Sword (From Forest2 boxes)
Last Survivor (From Cave3 boxes)
Dragon Slayer (From Mine2 and Dragon Boss in Forest)

Those are your "Common rares" that I like to call them. You'll probably snag one every 2-3 trips to each area above.

The only other rare that I know Skyly finds in v1 is Chainsawd in Mines (V-Hard) from a Gillchic (or was it a Dubchic?) either way its a lot harder to find than the ones listed above so don't get upset if you never find one at all.

Sorry thats all the info I can share, my Skyly experiance is limited.

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 02:02 PM
I found my hero ability from a poison lily in cave 1 hard mode.

Moogle
Jun 28, 2002, 11:49 AM
On 2002-06-25 06:09, FinalMasterM wrote:
The amount of time you've played has nothing todo with finding rares, its all luck and I don't mean the stat.

I'm not so sure about the amount of time not having anything to do with finding rares... I've been leaving PSO sitting idle in Ultimate (offline) while I'm at work and such and have noticed that I do find better stuff now. My time has went up about 50hrs since I've started this and I have found some nice items for everyone else but me.

Also about the finding rares online/offline I'd have to say that to find the really cool rares you will have to be online. Reason is this:

Lets say that DBs Saber is an item that Sega hasn't released yet.. So any hackers that come in with it before it is released will get some kind of error or whatever because they have it and it's not supposed to be in the game yet. If a normal noncheating player has the ability to find this weapon offline
then they couldn't do that because they'd be blocking players that don't cheat as well. So any true rares would have to be found online where Sega could allow these items to be found.

Of course I could be wrong, but this is just how I think it works....