PDA

View Full Version : Bums, Hookers, and the Solicitors.

BogusKun
Aug 30, 2004, 06:42 PM
Austin and DFW are very strange places...

Downtown you may find some the most "off" people ever.

Like bums. Persistant, very persistant.

I was walking around the school today, and as usual... a bum on a wheelchair asked me for money. I said, "here's a nickel, it's all I got".

So I walked toward the arcade, not knowing... another bum woman and her child with 2 other bums. So I tried walking behind them and the little poor african kid help up a sign that was horribly marked with "Please help me and my mother we are poor, and I'm hungry" so I told the kid "I have here 5 bucks for you, hold on a second". But his mother seems to be drinking a bottle of Diet Pepsi, and on top of that he didn't understand a word I said. So I decided to grab the quarter in my pocket and I told him that's all I have. The other guys next to the lady asked for more change... then I said, that's all I got. And I walked on.

I was just stepping into the arcades when annother lady bum stopped me and said... "Excuse me, I really need some money to get me something to eat..." and I looked across the street at the many students crossing the street my way and said... "all my money is on my credit card". So I apologized to her and went into the arcade and played about 20 minutes of DDR. I walk into the Eckerds next door to get me some bottled-water and THERE SHE WAS RIGHT THERE BUY 5 SNICKERS AND SOME GATORADE. Then I went to the bookstore and bought me 2 art books and then on my way back to MacDonalds.

But the poor people just kept coming... I ran into the same people then a crossdressing man who wanted a picture of me so I told him I was in a hurry to my next class and make it quick... so I posed with some girls and took off in the back alley... then I saw one of those schizophrenic guys by a trash can talking to the trash can. He kept opening and closing it and pretending like the trash can was talking to him. And he saw me and then he tried to play it off by jumping half-way inside.

I didn't really know what to think... but I just kept walking to MacDonalds. And bought me that number 2 with another Quarter Pounder/Cheese (OKAY I WAS HUNGRY!).

And another bum was sitting in front of the UPS store (which was closed)... and he asked for soemthing to eat so I was thinking of getting him some fries, but he was gone before I got to him, so I fed the crows around there, and another bum (a black guy) came up and begged but I told him I already spent my money, and right before he say "Excuse me" I threw my drink in the trash... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So I got on the bus so I can get to my car, so I could visit my grandmother in Dallas/Ft. Worth for the weekend, and on the way to my car, this wierd woman asked me 'if I had a big d*ck'... and I pretended like I didn't understand English with my Jackie Chan/Rush Hour impersonation, so she walked away...

Got to Dallas about 3 hours later... went into a gas station and ate at Wendy's and this black guy was moving by my table... (AND THIS IS TRUE SO FRINK AND SALADWOOD DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT...) I could tell he was homosexual; and indeed he was. The guy was as persisntant as a bum. He asked for my phone number. So I told him my phone doesn't work I use it as a phone book and a clock. And he was saying, that's ok... I'll give you mine then. And so he did... and all this while I left and he followed me to my car.

I was standing out by the entrance and he kept telling me things like:
Him: "Where you going? Stop walking so fast!"
Me : "I'm not! (I was only moving away because he lit up a Black N Mild)
Him: "I just wanted to talk to you, can I talk to you?"
Me : "I guess, what's up?"
Him: "You live around here?"
Me : "No, I'm visiting family"
Him: "Well, if you need a place to say, you can stay with me"
Me : "No thanks, I'm cool"
Him: "You looking for a job?"
Me : "Nope, I have a good job as a financial assistant"
Him: "Well, if you're ever thinking about getting a better job, my cousin can hook you up, he owns a cab company"
Me : "Thanks for your generosity, but I prefer not to drive for a job"
Him: "Well, you seem like a cool guy I like you, and I think we should be friends"
Me : "I'm not really looking for a friend right now, I got a wife"
Him: "Don't be like that, see all I'm trying to say is, I really like you"
Me : "Okay"
Him: "So you gonna call me tonight?"
(I dropped a bottle cap in which he picks up, so I decided to throw it back on the ground)
Me : "No, I can't, it's too late to call people and my grandma is wierd about letting people use her cell phone"
Him: "Well call me whenever you can, I really like to get to know you, I gotta catch this last bus before I miss it... by the way, My name is Tray what's yours?"
Me : "Umm it's 'Shigeru Miyamaoto'"
Him: "Oooh, that's a nice name is that spanish?"
Me : "Yes, something like that"
Him: "I like spanish guys, they're so cute."
Me : "I'm not spanish tho."
Him: "What are you? Mexican?"
Me : "I'll tell you later I have to get going"
Him: "You got a ride? Or are you walking?"
Me : "Actually I got a car (points at my daughter "Blaze" (MustangGT))
Him: "Damn, that's a nice car... maybe you can take me for a ride?"
Me : "I don't know what you mean by that but anyways, Isn't that the bus you need to catch?"
(The bus stops and drops people off)
Him: "Oh shit... gotta go, CALL ME!"
Me : (Laughs my ass off and quickly get in my car and take off)

The bus left him behind... he almost made it but, I saw him turn around and look all sad since I took off myself...

I knew he was homosexual and wanted some of me for the fact he had persistance and had a soft voice.

While I was downtown however... there was another bum walkin around on a limp leg. And claimed he needed money to eat... My father always told me poor people tend to spend money on reasons other than eating... whether it's drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes. So I told him I'll bring him back a apple pie from McDonalds across the street from me... I came back and he was gone... so I said to myself "he was probably gonna use the money on cigarettes anyway"...

And because of my light brown skin complexion... a solicitor walked up to me trying to sell some newspapers...

He spent 2 minutes of his time saying things like this:
(I had on my headphones and he walked up to me talking like I can hear him but I couldn't... so I took my headphones off)

Hey how ya doin' brotha? I'm just lettin ya know there some news on the media they don't let you know about black people... So look here... I got here some information on our newsletter that may be really useful to you. If your parents saw you readin this they might say OH YOU A SMART KID. (This man has no idea I'm my own man) So I took the paper and looked at it like... oh wow cool. And he told me it comes with a 1 dollar donation so I handed him 2 bucks and he told me he has the new issue which came with an extra dollar... so I felt a little pissed and handed it to him...

(One thing I learned about refusing to pay a demanding black man at night... give him the money... I got robbed at gunpoint twice by a group of black men while I was in Dallas as a kid... once for 20 dollars and a necklace, which is the reason I don't wear them anymore... and also 7 dollars on my 16th birthday while I was on my way to watch the first Pokemon movie in English... cuz I had nothing better to do... My dad told me it doesn't matter how tough you are... because I can fight, but even I can be shot and killed.)

After I paid him I told him I was Japanese-born, but the info he gave me may be useful... since I was bored and needed something to do like look for the subliminal messages in the papers (I was THAT bored). He insisted on me buying his cell phone products too but I told him... my friend overused my phone so it's useless now. Then, he walked away and tried to sell the paper to some black girls who were trying to dance by me. The girl who constantly stared at me knew I had a paper... I used my hands to say "Don't buy it... and flickered my fingers as if she knew she had to pay"... so they refused and he walked off... He kept trying and trying...

((Reminds me of this one time a black guy came up to me trying to sell... Magazines... he asked for a check. And I said my dad has some checks since he's in the military. So he tried his hardest to get me to go all the way home and get a check from him. OMFG THIS DUDE MUST BE CRAZY!!!... So I said NO! and told him "I only have cash on my credit card" and he said he'll walk to the ATM with me that was across the street... I told him, no thanks... I overused my card today... ya know? Went mall surfing! and told him... "Well I'm on my way to my friends house" and he asked me if I can get a check from my friend, and I told him "I don't think Vietnamese people believe in checks tho..." And he got all goofy and started getting me to give him money then I turned and said "Hey look! Some white people always have money ask them... I know them!" and they walked up by us and said Hi!!! and he started begging them to buy his magazines then... so I ran away only to find out this huge german shepard dog was following me for about 2 hours after that... so I took him home and fed him... and now he's with my dad!))

Aside from that magazine seller... everything pretty much happened on the same day... in fact that was my day for a weekend.

Yes... indeed... my encounters with the many bums, hookers, and scary people in this world... how about you?

Aredhel
Aug 30, 2004, 07:36 PM
Before anyone rips this apart, I'd like to give a nice, preleminary 'STFU' to all those people (for good measure). You people may easily criticize those who are ignorant of the dregs of our society - but does it make you feel like a better person because you are conscious of the homeless and those shunned by the world? I certainly hope not...

As far as personal experience goes; I lived in Europe for 5 years: 'nuff said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shattered_weasel
Aug 30, 2004, 07:36 PM
That was the most beutiful story in the world....I love it.

I only have one about bums. Here in Puerto Rico you have people who sell things at the stop lights. Those things range from French Fries from Wendy's to Bottled Water. Well my dad's A/C in his car hadn't been working and it was hot as hell so he needed some water bad. So he decided what the hell. He rolls down the window to buy some water but the problem was he doesn't know any spanish. So the conversation went like this.

Dad: "How mucho for el watero"

The guy looked at him for a little while and goes

"That'll be a buck dude"

The expression on my dad's face was priceless....priceless I tell you.

Skuda
Aug 30, 2004, 09:37 PM
That is by far, on of the weirdest and funniest posts I have ever read. I love the ol' Shigeru Miyamoto stunt. priceless.

but yes, Bums can be very persistant. ever had a Bum try to sell you a rat? and then have the rat be scolded for scaring away the customers?

navci
Aug 30, 2004, 10:17 PM
I was having a bad day. But the dude hitting on you and your conversation made me laugh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

InfernoNR7
Aug 30, 2004, 10:34 PM
Lol, this is a funny rant, simply because it's funny. I feel sorry for you having to go through all that crud......

Bradicus
Aug 30, 2004, 11:08 PM
On 2004-08-30 19:37, Scott_Kuda wrote:
ever had a Bum try to sell you a rat? and then have the rat be scolded for scaring away the customers?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040702l.jpg
That needed to be done >_>

Back on topic:
Wow, the crazy misadventures of boguskun. The Miamoto part was genious.

I half expected that homosexual fellow to say "Hey there, muscley arms. Do you like popsicles?"

BogusKun
Aug 31, 2004, 12:10 AM
On 2004-08-30 20:34, InfernoNR7 wrote:
Lol, this is a funny rant, simply because it's funny. I feel sorry for you having to go through all that crud......

And the most saddest thing of all was it happened on the same day 2 different cities.

I don't feel bad for the poor and I am at most honest for them and upfront. I would help but I still have things to take care of like school tuition, high phone bills, car payments, and the likes. I also save money to travel, and yes I have been through a lot worse (like being robbed twice, and being downgraded by people who beg for money and being turned down because I dont have any for them at that particular moment).

InfinityXXX
Aug 31, 2004, 01:23 AM
Well your little adventure was funny but i have a problem. But before i tell you it you can't go taking this to offense like most people do. In your post you always had to say a person was black. I'm ok with saying the magazine guy was black but for the bums and assumed homosexual I don't really see a need for you to point out that there black/African decent unlessed i missed it. I'm glad that you acknowledged that they are black but why didn't you identify the races of the other people? I, being African American hate it when people always identify African Americans as "that black guy".

Skuda
Aug 31, 2004, 02:24 AM
On 2004-08-30 23:23, InfinityXXX wrote:
Well your little adventure was funny but i have a problem. But before i tell you it you can't go taking this to offense like most people do. In your post you always had to say a person was black. I'm ok with saying the magazine guy was black but for the bums and assumed homosexual I don't really see a need for you to point out that there black/African decent unlessed i missed it. I'm glad that you acknowledged that they are black but why didn't you identify the races of the other people? I, being African American hate it when people always identify African Americans as "that black guy".

I see your point. I'm guessing its all a matter of what your natural surroundings are used to. If you're used to living in a city with only a fw african/american, spanish, japanese, ect. You sometimes find it the more apparent.

me being in Japan (me being probably 1/4 white people I have seen so far) I've gotten quite a few people glancing over their shoulder and odd looks through the bus windows. It's all relative I assume.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2004-08-31 00:25 ]</font>

Para
Aug 31, 2004, 04:30 PM
Talk about the weirdest people.
Thank god I dont see bums harrassing people here.

Aredhel
Sep 1, 2004, 12:07 PM
On 2004-08-31 14:30, Nites wrote:
Talk about the weirdest people.
Thank god I dont see bums harrassing people here.

Hmm, funny how you don't get bums in a nation with free healthcare...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

BogusKun
Sep 1, 2004, 07:49 PM
Well... it is a strange coincidence how most of them are black.

I had a shaggy looking "anglo man" walk up to me saying he needed money for a hamburger.

An "african-american" who begged me to buy cigarettes...

Story about this guy is... he saw me standing by a bunch of other people my age, and started going down the sidewalk asking for us if we wanted to buy some cigarettes... He was rejected by everyone of us. (Again my lusciously honey-conplexioned skin fools another one) He comes to me and asks if I want to buy cigarettes. I said no... Five times for each time he asked. Then he tells me he needs help. He needed some money from me so he can catch a bus to his home. He mentions he had a family (wife and 2 kids). Then whips out a sheet of paper saying he caught a bus and the busstation didnt give him coverage or receipt... nor did they give him his lost stuff.
So he bothered me on and on about how he's been on the streets for weeks without ways to get home and no one believing him. It only bothered me because when I have my headphones on, I don't feel like talking to anyone... unless they're a friend. So the guy stands closer to me and says, "Did you know Jesus loves you"... and all I could says is "Who is Jesus?". So he went on this 25 minute explanation on how God is great and how much he believes him... which is fine. But I still didn't want to talk to him. Some parts of me were sympathetic, and some others were not really believing him. Because his excuse for being poor were just as well constructed as the first 4 ex-cons I ran into before him on the same day.

These are reasons why I spend a lot of time in the libraries.

Just last night another "african-american" came up to me while I was outside listening to my music. I could barely hear people talking period. He was talking to me the whole time I was listening to a single song (about 3 minutes) and I didn't notice. Then I heard him and looked at him... so he's like asking me if I can hear him. Then I said hello to him and he walks up to me. "It only turned me down because he was filthy-looking and suddenly starts grabbing my headphones off my head. Then he tried to get me to look at some stupid CDs he had. I told him I don't like Led Zepplin and I have my own CD with more mp3s than the songs he have on all 20 or so CD s he had in his hand combined... Yet he still keeps my headphones on his head without asking me first.... and I kept telling him "I GOTTA GO.. OK I GOTTA GO NOW! And he wouldnt let me leave... and the crack-head (who is also african-american) lady told him to let me leave... So then I left... And then it was...

Coincidence... it leaves questions in your mind... but it makes up another rant...

Too many poor on these streets are black. It's a fact you have to face... whether they are american. african, or jamaican... they are still black. Sure there are some whites, and mexicans... (One mexican asked me for a quarter so he can catch a local train. So I gave it to him).

But let's face it most of them were black... and I'm not being offensive. But the majority out on the streets downtown are usually the majority who have "been screwed or screwed themselves" from the society. In Japan, you wouldn't see a black man out poor on the streets of Tokyo unless he traveled there and lost everything he had and not tried to contact family from where he come from.

Some choose to be poor, and some pose to be poor. Some just don't have money but may still have a home... some are run-aways.

I've seen penniless people. One black guy walked up to my grandma while we were eating and begged for a dollar... and she says "Sorry, I gotta feed my grandkids".

Another one was white, young kid... as if he were in high school... he ran from home and live on the streets of Downtown Austin and University of Texas. He refused to live with his parents, and he resembles a stray dog. He also stinks from refusal to bathe and use deoderants. You can smell this kid from across the street... That's how bad it was.

I gave him 5 dollars to find a way back home but he used it on herbal cigarrettes and weed... so whenever he asked me for money I tell him I have Zippo.

Enough said.

doubletake123
Sep 3, 2004, 05:59 PM
yeah, that's pretty bad i used to live in austin(military family) and i was too young to rememeber a whole lot of the city itself but i do remember seeing homeless people most of them yes African american and mexicans and it really is kinda heart renching to see them and i know a lot of them are poor becuz of bad desicions and the irrisponsibility(sp)it takes to live by themselves. And when i lived in a town pretty close to san diego there were lots of meicans who were homeless and looking for jobs out on the street corners.It's sad and it hurts even more when you know you can't do a thing about it.I'm just thankful i have a roof to live under and food everyday for every meal.

P.S. sorry about grammer i don't start school until tuesday so screw you =P