PDA

View Full Version : No more monomates?

XerosMaster
Aug 30, 2004, 08:25 PM
My Skyly Racast in hard mode can't buy monomates anymore! Even if I go to normal he can't buy them! What's up?

Midnight
Aug 30, 2004, 08:28 PM
you got high enough level so that the game believes you have to much HP for making monomates useful anymore

Genoa
Aug 30, 2004, 08:28 PM
Your character level determines what items you can/can't buy. Also what area/difficulty your on.
For instance,if your on caves, you can buy items that you couldn't buy during the time you were in forest.
For example, you cannot find Swords in forest or in the shop when your only on forest. But when you get to caves, you can find swords and you can buy swords.
(your Section ID also is affected for shop items, not just enemy item dropings)
But as far as tools and armor/shields go, that depends on character level. And for weapons, character level determines photon ratio on the weapons.
And yes, as Midnight said, the game believes those items are to weak for your HP/TP now. (yet I believe they would still be nice to have)

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=929
This might help if you were wondering what the chances of certain weapons appearing in the Weapon Shop are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-08-30 18:44 ]</font>

Tycho
Aug 30, 2004, 10:18 PM
Oh noes. Why would you wanna buy monomates?
If you're feeding mags, either do runs in the meanwhile to find them, or feed them on a low level character.

TheDing
Aug 31, 2004, 02:46 PM
i think the exact lvl they stop sellin u monomates/fluids is 43

Genoa
Aug 31, 2004, 04:40 PM
On 2004-08-31 12:46, TheDing wrote:
i think the exact lvl they stop sellin u monomates/fluids is 43

I'm 75% sure you stop getting monomates/monofluids near the start of Hard.

And why would you want monomates? If you didn't notice, androids can only rely on mates and star atomizers (or Leilla). Especially if you play solo, even mates help out a bit. Like, my Force... monofluids are practically useless, but if your in dire need of TP, even the smallest bit helps. Same idea with monomates.

When I play with my friends, I melee but also use alot of support techniques to aid us in combat. Resta, Jellen, Zalure, Shifta, Deband, Anti, Reverser (you'd be surprised how many reversers I do...)

If your in a really long area (preferably a 3 stage one) and you don't really like going back to pioneer 2 alot, monofluids are used as a boost to push through a room or 2 for me.

And you know who would be terribly offended by your reply about "why would you want monomates"?... Monomate would http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

saleen
Aug 31, 2004, 05:07 PM
what they are saying is true i can barely find what I need for my ranger to stay alive. Megaman revives his friends[me also]alot so listen to us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saleen on 2004-08-31 15:10 ]</font>

Genoa
Aug 31, 2004, 05:26 PM
On 2004-08-31 15:07, saleen wrote:
what they are saying is true i can barely find what I need for my ranger to stay alive. Megaman revives his friends[me also]alot so listen to us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saleen on 2004-08-31 15:10 ]</font>

Saleen, remember, I am not the most knowledgable one on this site, but I do know my fair share. And there is much I have showed/taught you. Don't go over the edge and think that you, we, or I are always right. If someone tells you something different, you tell me and i'll go confirm it. I don't want any flaming (you know, getting into arguments)

And btw, Saleen is one of my friends that lives in my Apartment complex. We play pso when I go over there for weekends... and when Sef lets me borrow PSO.

Joltox
Aug 31, 2004, 05:27 PM
Really when you are past level 35 you can't buy monomates anymore period. Which is not bad when you can replace it with Dimates and such. I wouldn't worry to much.

Genoa
Aug 31, 2004, 05:28 PM
On 2004-08-31 15:27, Joltox wrote:
Really when you are past level 35 you can't buy monomates anymore period. Which is not bad when you can replace it with Dimates and such. I wouldn't worry to much.

I think that if you reach hard (regardless of level) you can't buy monomates (when you play on a difficulty above normal)

OR, you can't buy monomates when you reach a certain level, regardless of difficutly.

So, you can either be on hard-ult and/or you reach a certain level where you cant buy them regardless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-08-31 15:29 ]</font>

XerosMaster
Aug 31, 2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone. I just want monomates because 30 healers is better than 20 healing items.

Natron
Aug 31, 2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I just want monomates because 30 healers is better than 20 healing items.

You wont need 'em until you fight falz, and even then, just pipe for star atomizers

Jason
Aug 31, 2004, 09:16 PM
On 2004-08-31 17:30, Natron wrote:

You wont need 'em until you fight falz, and even then, just pipe for star atomizers

Star Atomizers are expensive. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Genoa
Sep 1, 2004, 05:08 AM
Yea, if your planning to buy 10 Star Atomizers that's 50,000 Mesesta there... (5000 each)
But you usually find a whole bunch of mono's out in the field. There's always monomates/fluids, even in ultimate.

rena-ko
Sep 1, 2004, 07:23 AM
create a level 1 mule or cmode char and let this one buy monos for you. if you want to feed a mag that is.

besides that. its definitely the level, not what progress in unlocking game areas you did.

Musashiden
Sep 1, 2004, 07:32 AM
You stop getting monomates/fluids at level 43. I know this because i have had 5 or more characters stop getting them at exactly that level regardless of what difficulty your on.

Genoa
Sep 1, 2004, 02:53 PM
On 2004-09-01 05:32, Musashiden wrote:
You stop getting monomates/fluids at level 43. I know this because i have had 5 or more characters stop getting them at exactly that level regardless of what difficulty your on.

Well i've had a lvl 23 stop getting monomates/fluids because she was on hard.

As I said before, it can be level or difficulty. Depends which one falls in your situation.

Waddler
Sep 1, 2004, 03:10 PM
heh

ive had a lv39 fone in ult getting monofluids...

Musashiden
Sep 1, 2004, 04:10 PM
Well i've had a lvl 23 stop getting monomates/fluids because she was on hard.

As I said before, it can be level or difficulty. Depends which one falls in your situation.

Thats kinda strange, i have had characters at level 23 in hard mode and they were still able to get monomates and fluids, in fact they were almost in very hard. Some of my characters even were about to get into Ultimate and could still purchase monomates and fluids.

LoreSeeker
Sep 1, 2004, 04:23 PM
It may also be affected by playing on/offline. Can't comfirm that, just a little food for thought. I don't think buying Stars as healing items should be ruled out; you're bound to see more of them than you will use, and meseta comes easily enough anyway. So easily, in fact, that my RAmar has over 900k meseta on him at any given time, and I'm trying to find people to give it away to.

Very nice to see a new topic asking something that hasn't been asked 50 times before. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheDing
Sep 2, 2004, 05:31 PM
ok Musashiden comfirmed my findings also, i thought i was the only one experiencing that at lvl 43

Auracom
Sep 2, 2004, 06:04 PM
LV42 in Ultimate and shop still sells Monomates. XD Not for long though. :/

FIDELCASTRO
Sep 2, 2004, 08:27 PM
i used monomates for my mag. sol atomizers increased his strength but also his defense. monomates lowered his defense as well.

Capricornus
Sep 3, 2004, 12:46 PM
3 of 4 posts said that the max level to have a shop selling monomates is lvl 42 (it stops at level 43)

I double, triple, or whatever these posts, having experieced it personally on a few occasions with my characters (I rely a lot on mono feeding for my mags)

The difficulty you play on, whether online or offline, doesnt change that fact.

This should put this thread to rest now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EphekZ
Sep 3, 2004, 06:33 PM
I think she doesnt like buying dimates/fluids trimates/fluids because they get expensive when you buy a bundle >_>

cHaOsMaZtA
Sep 3, 2004, 10:51 PM
It's lvl 43 when you can't buy mono mates/fluids. I've had many characters in hard and very hard mode who could still buy monomates. Maybe it's different for online or something, but thats just what happened for me (im offline).