PDA

View Full Version : Choices, choices...

Falkon
Jun 25, 2002, 11:46 PM
Dad has told me, that for my birthday I can get an xbox or a gamecube. I'm pretty much leaning towards the box, but anyone want to voice their opinion and help me out?

dekar
Jun 25, 2002, 11:51 PM
gamecube=more pso
x-box= hole lotta interesting games as well...(many good ones, actually, and ffXI might come out for it too) but really, it's your choice!

RuneLateralus
Jun 25, 2002, 11:51 PM
My sig has one really good reason to get XBox... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But ultimately, see what is out and what is coming out, then make your choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-06-25 21:52 ]</font>

Falkon
Jun 26, 2002, 12:01 AM
Yeah, Xbox has TJ&E3 too...It's just a tough descision, more opinions! Please!

Sleet1
Jun 26, 2002, 12:09 AM
Gamecube In my opinion. its not as expensive... you dnot have to buy all the shyt for it and PSO is coming out for Gamecube with more stuff im pretty sure. O also Bill Gates sux Chodes. My mom wont get me a gamecube becuase shes stupid...and its my birthday!

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 12:09 AM
I would say X-Box, mainly because its 50 more, so if you want to get a Cube yourself then you can save 50 bucks.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 12:11 AM
http://www.teamxbox.com

Thats all I need to say.

Ian D
Jun 26, 2002, 12:45 AM
What you should do is think of the games you enjoy playing most, research some release dates or games currently out, and then decide which console is best for you.

Falkon
Jun 26, 2002, 10:11 AM
I already did that, I like them both. But I forgot about Robotech and Steel Batallion until last night, I think I've made my descision. heh.

Jason
Jun 26, 2002, 10:30 AM
I'll go with the GC version cuz my PSO friends will be getting it. Perhaps it'll have more players online than the X-Box version (just bout 45% sure on that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif)

Falkon
Jun 26, 2002, 10:58 AM
Yeah. It's a tough choice. I probably won't make it until we're at the store or something...I'll let you guys know what I get though. o_o

MarkXIII
Jun 26, 2002, 11:15 AM
Robotech is on all three systems.

Falkon
Jun 26, 2002, 11:45 AM
Yeah. But it might end up like Spider-man, with the best version being on the box, since it was originally xbox exclusive...

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 12:27 PM
On 2002-06-26 09:45, Falkon wrote:
Yeah. But it might end up like Spider-man, with the best version being on the box, since it was originally xbox exclusive...

Yea but it sold the worst. I would have to say X-Box though, theres good games for both. But X-Box comes with the hard drive and modem already.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 26, 2002, 12:43 PM
On 2002-06-25 21:51, dekar wrote:
gamecube=more pso
x-box= hole lotta interesting games as well...(many good ones, actually, and ffXI might come out for it too) but really, it's your choice!

You will never see a SQUARESOFT game for the X-Box. In terms of the upcoming lineup of games, GC is the way to go, especially if you like PSO.

Ian D
Jun 26, 2002, 12:56 PM
You will never see a SQUARESOFT game for the X-Box. In terms of the upcoming lineup of games, GC is the way to go, especially if you like PSO.

That is true, I saw on a website (I believe it was http://www.allcube.com) that Squaresoft will be making Final Fantasy games for the GCN. There are a lot of good games coming out for the 'Cube this fall and winter (Zelda, Mario Sunshine, PSO) Of course, those are just the most popular... I know a lot of other games coming out in the near future but I'm not sure of the date.

Edit: Accidentally hit Submit before I was done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y0SHI on 2002-06-26 11:02 ]</font>

Falkon
Jun 26, 2002, 01:03 PM
I wish this were an easy choice. Really I do. lol. Maybe I can save up some of my summer job cash and pick up a gamecube, since it's cheaper. That'd work, wouldn't it?

Vitamin_D
Jun 26, 2002, 01:04 PM
I can only say "Buy a GC" because that's what I have http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. But let me tell you that it wouldn't be a waste. The GC has good games now, and will have even better ones in the future. But this also goes for the Xbox...so make your decision well.

MarkXIII
Jun 26, 2002, 02:53 PM

It was never Xbox exclusive.

Falkon
Jun 26, 2002, 02:57 PM
On 2002-06-26 12:53, MarkXIII wrote:

I was talking about robotech in that last blurb.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 04:42 PM
On 2002-06-26 10:27, Dangerous55 wrote:
Yea but it sold the worst. I would have to say X-Box though, theres good games for both. But X-Box comes with the hard drive and modem already.

Selling the worst doesn't make it the worst. Everyone had already bought the other versions, and I would'nt buy it again if I already had it for one of my other systems.

His point was the X-box version was the best of those released.

And if you goto http://www.teamxbox.com and look at the headlines, you'll see that there's something about Microsoft making a joint effort with another company to make games on the GBA. I did'nt read into it because I don't have a GBA, but others might find it interesting.

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 04:46 PM
On 2002-06-26 14:42, ABDUR101 wrote:

Selling the worst doesn't make it the worst. Everyone had already bought the other versions, and I would'nt buy it again if I already had it for one of my other systems.

His point was the X-box version was the best of those released.

And if you goto http://www.teamxbox.com and look at the headlines, you'll see that there's something about Microsoft making a joint effort with another company to make games on the GBA. I did'nt read into it because I don't have a GBA, but others might find it interesting.

I never said it was the worst, just said it sold worst.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 04:51 PM
On 2002-06-26 14:46, Dangerous55 wrote:
I never said it was the worst, just said it sold worst.

..and the point I was trying to make is that it was irrelevant how it sold. He wants to know if the X-box is worth buying, not the sales of X-box games. o_O

Falkon, keep an eye out for games like Steel Battalion, and Robotech. Keep watching at http://www.teamxbox.com since they update very often with new releases and new info.

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 05:02 PM
Steel battalion will be expensive, and Cel shaded mech game? bah, i guess i have to get used to the new video game style...

But the new mechassault will be true eye candy..

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 05:11 PM
On 2002-06-26 15:02, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Steel battalion will be expensive, and Cel shaded mech game?

Afew games are released cell shaded, a new art style in games and you're complaining?

And whats the difference, you pay $15 for three months to play PSO, along with countless memory cards for all the characters, extra controllers and pay for a BB adapter or your own ISP charges.

I paid $300 for my X-box at release, if a game I see looks kickass enough, I'll buy whatever's needed to enjoy it. Atleast we're given that option, unlike some other mech fighting game for the DC that we never got the Twin Sticks released here for.

But the new mechassault will be true eye candy..

And Steel Battalion won't be? Have you seen the trailer for it? I think Steel Battalion is the highest on anticipated games from what I've heard about it.

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 05:17 PM
New style, yes i'm complaining, i dont like it. Does that set it straight?

I'm sorry, but i dont have as much money as you.

I never said steel battalion would suck, or won't be great, nor give the impression of. I just said it will be expensive. And just because it is hyped, doesn't mean i have to like it, i'm not the kind of guy that will buy a game just because others say it's good or "think" it's good.

Don't be so negative on my thoughts, i'm just stating what i think about some mech games...

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 06:19 PM
On 2002-06-26 15:17, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
New style, yes i'm complaining, i dont like it. Does that set it straight?

Afew games with the cell shaded effect weren't that interesting. Such as Cell Damage, I did'nt like that game at all, and the graphics got to be annoying. But remember that cell shading is relatively new, so it will be refined and changed for the better.

I'm sorry, but i dont have as much money as you.

I have $22 and a wad of change on me right now, that's all I have. How old are you, 15, 16? You think I had money when I was your age? I did'nt get paid for doing chores around the house, and my neighbors did their own chores. Be glad you get paid for doig things that are expected of someone where I live.

Where did I get my money? I would'nt eat lunch at school just so I'd have my own money.

I never said steel battalion would suck, or won't be great, nor give the impression of. I just said it will be expensive.

And I made the point that everything is expensive, thats why I listed all the system hardware you have to buy. I could'nt afford $30 for a DC controller, I only had ONE memory card for most of my DC's life, the last 4 months of it's life I bought an extra one, a cheap one for $15. Alot of people had 5 or 6 memory cards, but I did'nt bitch about them being able to afford it, because they atleast worked to be able to afford it. I was happy with what I had.

And of course certain games will be "expensive" if you want the hardware for them. To play PSO or any game requiring a save, you needed a save pack, eventually you needed another save pack depending on how many games you had. Needed to buy a keyboard for PSO to enjoy the online feature of talking to people. Had to buy a BB adapter if you did'nt have a 56k line. For OT you had to buy the twin sticks, no, actually you had to IMPORT them if you wanted to be able to play the game as it was meant to be played.

So for Steel Battalion, since it's such an advanced game, you need to buy a control board, so what? I'd rather have the OPTION of being able to blow money on a control board than be given shit controls on the controller and lose the experience entirely. You ever play a Mechwarrior game with the keyboard? JUST the keyboard? I have, it was a pain in the ass. Then I was able to play it with the mouse, and it got ALOT funner. Same thing with FPS, I used to only be able to play them with the keyboard, back in the DOS and early Windows games. Then I went out and paid $130 for a force feedback joystick, and it became an even funner experience, and it was easier to play and show skill, because you're not limited to the controls.

If paying out the ass for an advanced control board makes me a better player and gets me farther into the game, then you're damn right I'm going to pay for it if I can. And if others can't, thats too bad, but hey, that's how it goes. Some people can afford things that other's can't, right?

And just because it is hyped, doesn't mean i have to like it, i'm not the kind of guy that will buy a game just because others say it's good or "think" it's good.

Actually, I haven't heard much hype about it. Hell before it was called Tekki, only recently did I find out it had it's name changed to Steel Battalion. I don't hear anyone talking about it except for afew people here. I never said you had to like it, I asked if you saw the trailer for it and saw how kickass and amazing it looked. Notice, I said "looked", not "played". It could be the biggest POS released on the X-box, but from reading about it's features, it has me interested. Thus why I gave you people the damn link to http://www.teamxbox.com so you can view more information on the games being released and draw a better idea of what they're about other than just hearing about it here on the forum.

Don't be so negative on my thoughts, i'm just stating what i think about some mech games...

Stop being so damn negative when you read my posts. You're taking shit too much to heart, over a god damn GAME I'm telling FALKON about. You are fully entitled to your opinion, in this case I guess it would be "mech games suck". That's fine, really. But don't be such a smartass and act like I'm attacking you, I'm replying to draw the conversation out.

If I wanted to hurt you, I'd call you a dumbass for not seeing a good game when it's there.

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 06:44 PM
On 2002-06-26 14:51, ABDUR101 wrote:

..and the point I was trying to make is that it was irrelevant how it sold. He wants to know if the X-box is worth buying, not the sales of X-box games. o_O

What ABDUR you dont like how I give out usless info? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 06:52 PM
are u in to online games(duh dumb question) the xbox has the best online plan i have only seen that PSO will be out for GC online and the online thing for xbox only cost 50 USD for the first year all games.

Greg
Jun 26, 2002, 07:01 PM
On 2002-06-26 10:43, TeamPhalanx wrote:

On 2002-06-25 21:51, dekar wrote:
gamecube=more pso

IF you like nintendo's 1st party stuff. Not to mention there is not enough info on xbox PSO to make that decision

TeamPhalanx
Jun 26, 2002, 07:11 PM
Steel Battalion isn't all that highly anticipated. Most of the hype about it isn't about the game, but the (super expensive) hardware setup required to play the game. At best this is a nitch title; there's no way it'll be a top seller.

Greg
Jun 26, 2002, 07:29 PM
On 2002-06-26 17:11, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Steel Battalion isn't all that highly anticipated. Most of the hype about it isn't about the game, but the (super expensive) hardware setup required to play the game. At best this is a nitch title; there's no way it'll be a top seller.

Ground breaking titles are important. The Roumered follow up to the title (Online) should be amazing. Honestly I feel the xbox is a better investment. The only thing your are missing out on is nintendo first party titles (Mario 64^2, Cell-da, and Metroid (which won't let you free look while fighting)). The Square game comming out on GC is Based on FF unlimited and if it is anything like the series then you won't want it. PS2 offers more RPG's then xbox hands down. If you RPG's are your thing then go for that. Xbox has the best online plans for any system however it requires Broadband (which most areas offer now anyways). Some people say that xbox has the worst line-up of all the systems, however I don't know how they can really justify that because this holliday xbox will have a slew of great games comming out. PS2 doesn't have much planned that looks stelar for the holliday and nintendo has... well the 3 previously mentioned games. I have all 3 systems and I don't want any of them to do poorly (as it would be a waste of my money) however xbox is the only console I play at all these days.

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 08:45 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:52, XBOX_JEDI wrote:
are u in to online games(duh dumb question) the xbox has the best online plan i have only seen that PSO will be out for GC online and the online thing for xbox only cost 50 USD for the first year all games.

Actually its the worst one for me, and alot of other people, mainly because its broadband only. Which is retarded. But it is a good deal if I had broadband.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 08:52 PM
On 2002-06-26 18:45, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-06-26 16:52, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

Actually its the worst one for me, and alot of other people, mainly because its broadband only. Which is retarded. But it is a good deal if I had broadband.

its only broadband so there is no lag. The relly cool thing i read in OXM is the more peeps in a game the less lag so i guess it ups the bandwidth for every person in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 09:27 PM
I had 2 memory cards with chars in it for pso, no BBA (had high speed, but had 10 hours free per month of 56k), and got a keyboard a month or 2 after the release.

And hey i never said that i earn money by doing chores. That other topic i made was to put you into a situation where you had money but didnt know what to do with it. I am NOT payed to do the dishes.I get money from grand parents, birthday's, christmas's, or other gifts that are offered to me during the year.

Hey i'm sorry you only have 22$, but this quote, "I paid $300 for my X-box at release, if a game I see looks kickass enough, I'll buy whatever's needed to enjoy it", made me thing that you have money to buy something if its good. And i replied that i didnt.

And when you listed all that stuff that hardware for games is expensive, well....i just missunderstood the point earlier, not very fluent in english...get mixed up in what i read.

Well you said it was the most anticipated mech game so far. Well suit yourself, but i think the new mechassault game is more on the "hyped" side. Unless i'm mixing hype's and anticipation's meaning, there's no need to argue on this.

And i'm not "damn" negative when i read your posts. It's just that the style you write it towards me when you reply angers me and i sometimes push it over the limit. I know you sometimes joke, but i just dont know when you are and are not.

Now i prefer stopping, because i suck at discussions. Seriously. i dont mea mercy or something, even though you are strong on the argument side...

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 09:33 PM
On 2002-06-26 17:29, Greg wrote:
Ground breaking titles are important. The Roumered follow up to the title (Online) should be amazing.

I agree, I think the first release will be a great training simulator to get everyone used to the controls(which have already been revealed by the developer to be intense and involved). If it's pulled off, I think it will be a great mech combat game. Expecially with the second release and the add-in of voice communications.

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 09:39 PM
So after you buy the game and controller....will you have to buy another copy that says online on it? like twisted metal black on ps2? hope not...ugh.

RuneLateralus
Jun 26, 2002, 09:44 PM
Of all the future line-ups out there, I think XBox has the best. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden, and Steel Battalion were just enough to help that system look great.

PS2's is almost what we expect. We get the Final Fantasy XI, which will play like Everquest. XenoSaga looks awesome, but it doesn't play to well if you do not have a hard drive, from what I hear.

NGC's is just those three main titles. I do not care if I never play another Mario game, as I rather play the older ones. Zelda looks really cool, but it isn't enough to convince me. Metriod sounded great, until I heard it played like Turok. And I am not a big RE fan, so that will also not convince me to go out and buy. So far, PSO and Zelda are the only two games I want for it, and I need much more than that.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 09:52 PM
On 2002-06-26 19:27, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
I had 2 memory cards with chars in it for pso, no BBA (had high speed, but had 10 hours free per month of 56k), and got a keyboard a month or 2 after the release.

Same here.

And hey i never said that i earn money by doing chores. That other topic i made was to put you into a situation where you had money but didnt know what to do with it.

..you should have said that. It would have helped quite abit.

I am NOT payed to do the dishes.I get money from grand parents, birthday's, christmas's, or other gifts that are offered to me during the year.

Well that's good. Learn to save your money, hide it, put it in the bank maybe.

Hey i'm sorry you only have 22$, but this quote, "I paid $300 for my X-box at release, if a game I see looks kickass enough, I'll buy whatever's needed to enjoy it", made me thing that you have money to buy something if its good. And i replied that i didnt.

Yeah, at the moment, I have $22. I get paid every two weeks. I work four days in those two weeks. It isn't much, but it's money. That's all that matters, right?

And when you listed all that stuff that hardware for games is expensive, well....i just missunderstood the point earlier, not very fluent in english...get mixed up in what i read.

See, I did'nt know you did'nt understand english that well. I thought you were just trying to be a smartass but kept failing and being a dumbass. Point understood, so we'll let it go.

Well you said it was the most anticipated mech game so far. Well suit yourself, but i think the new mechassault game is more on the "hyped" side. Unless i'm mixing hype's and anticipation's meaning, there's no need to argue on this.

I said for me it was the most anticipated mech game. And I know Mech Assault is more hyped than Steel Battalion.

And i'm not "damn" negative when i read your posts. It's just that the style you write it towards me when you reply angers me and i sometimes push it over the limit.

When it comes to talking about games, anime, anything like that, don't take what I say to heart. When we 'argue" over this stuff, I don't mean for you to take it to heart and be hurt about it. It's just us talking about games, don't feel like I'm attacking you.

I know you sometimes joke, but i just dont know when you are and are not.

I'm almost always joking. Just don't take things to heart. I joke alot, but even when I'm holding a discussion on games or something similar, if I get blunt in my posts, it doesn't mean I have anything against you.

Now i prefer stopping, because i suck at discussions. Seriously. i dont mea mercy or something, even though you are strong on the argument side...

We'll stop, because I don't need you taking things too serious and being offended.

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 10:03 PM
On 2002-06-26 18:52, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

its only broadband so there is no lag. The relly cool thing i read in OXM is the more peeps in a game the less lag so i guess it ups the bandwidth for every person in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Still doesnt change the fact that I dont have it. That would be sweet though...no lag...

Sedric
Jun 26, 2002, 10:04 PM
On 2002-06-26 17:29, Greg wrote:
The Square game comming out on GC is Based on FF unlimited and if it is anything like the series then you won't want it.

How true... *shudder*

To anyone who wonders why: watch the series and you might understand why.....

Greg
Jun 26, 2002, 10:21 PM
On 2002-06-26 19:39, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
So after you buy the game and controller....will you have to buy another copy that says online on it? like twisted metal black on ps2? hope not...ugh.

If you don't like sequals dont buy PSO ep I and II

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 10:25 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:21, Greg wrote:

I think he is refering to Twisted Metal: Black Online, its just refash of TM:B, just with a online option. So its not really a sequal.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 10:26 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:03, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-06-26 18:52, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

Still doesnt change the fact that I dont have it. That would be sweet though...no lag...

no lag rules.. y cant u get BB?

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 10:32 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:26, XBOX_JEDI wrote:
no lag rules.. y cant u get BB?

It's not available in his area.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 10:37 PM
i was talking to dangerous but anyway that sucks man

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 10:43 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:37, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

ABDUR is right though. Coal country sucks...

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 10:48 PM
im in a city so i have no problem gettin bb (im alomost at 100 posts..cool)

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 10:49 PM
On 2002-06-26 19:52, ABDUR101 wrote:
I thought you were just trying to be a smartass but kept failing and being a dumbass.

Hey! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 10:51 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:48, XBOX_JEDI wrote:
(im alomost at 100 posts..cool)

A Whore you are Not.

..does it matter who answers as long as the answer is correct? This is a message board, anyone can answer if they know the answer, and even if they don't.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 10:54 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:51, ABDUR101 wrote:

(im alomost at 100 posts..cool)

A Whore you are Not.

i know

..does it matter who answers as long as the answer is correct? This is a message board, anyone can answer if they know the answer, and even if they don't.

yeah but still..um n/m
crap messed up on the quotes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-26 20:56 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jun 27, 2002, 12:58 PM

Even if it was here I couldnt get it, were not loaded.

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 01:05 PM
On 2002-06-26 20:25, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-06-26 20:21, Greg wrote:

I think he is refering to Twisted Metal: Black Online, its just refash of TM:B, just with a online option. So its not really a sequal.

Yeah, how would he know what thefollow up to Steel Batallion would be like... seeing as though the first one is not out yet?

Falkon
Jun 27, 2002, 09:08 PM
Just to let you guys know, I got an xbox and GUNVALKYRIE (which rules...)

AND I have a 40 buck card for a shop in town...anime, or DOA3...anime, or DOA3...

Dangerous55
Jun 27, 2002, 09:59 PM
On 2002-06-27 19:08, Falkon wrote:

AND I have a 40 buck card for a shop in town...anime, or DOA3...anime, or DOA3...

Neither, give it too me.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 27, 2002, 10:12 PM
On 2002-06-27 10:58, Dangerous55 wrote:

Even if it was here I couldnt get it, were not loaded.

hhmm to bad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-27 20:13 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Jun 27, 2002, 10:41 PM
On 2002-06-27 19:59, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-06-27 19:08, Falkon wrote:

Neither, give it too me.

Screw you.

Give it to me.

ABDUR101
Jun 27, 2002, 10:47 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure what to tell you.

For $40, I can get a 4 DVD anime boxset that I'd really enjoy.

I also have DOA3, and I did'nt even LIKE the DOA series until DOA3. I did'nt know how to pull off the moves, let alone do it the right way. Since I bought DOA3 though, I really got into the series, and it was really fun playing as each character and going through the Story mode. The ending cinematics for each character was really nice.

Ultimately, weigh the decision. Do you like the DOA series? Do you like fighting games with that style of gameplay? Is there an anime you want?

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 27, 2002, 10:57 PM
On 2002-06-27 20:47, ABDUR101 wrote:

I also have DOA3, and I did'nt even LIKE the DOA series until DOA3. I did'nt know how to pull off the moves, let alone do it the right way. Since I bought DOA3 though, I really got into the series, and it was really fun playing as each character and going through the Story mode. The ending cinematics for each character was really nice.

Ultimately, weigh the decision. Do you like the DOA series? Do you like fighting games with that style of gameplay? Is there an anime you want?

i have doa3 too and i think it rocks ( jiggly jiggly)

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 08:25 AM
On 2002-06-27 20:47, ABDUR101 wrote:

I like the DOA games. Or else I wouldn't be wanting to buy the next one. =P

I'll have to see what they have at the store in the way of anime. I think they had a really cheap box set there the other day.

No XBOX_JEDI, I don't like it for the bounce factor. It's a good fighting game. =P

Dabra
Jun 28, 2002, 08:39 AM
Well i don't like doa series because it's sort of stiff. I still play soul calibur and i'm probably really used to that. But brad (the drunk guy) and ayane (ayame?) kick ass in doa3, really fast moving characters.

And i'm happy you like gunvalkyrie, a lot of people don't get it why it's good or got good scores. I'm one of them heh, hate the game and bought it myself to understand it...still can't.

If i'd recommend you any game it would be rallisport, morrowind or Halo. Definetly Halo, your missing out on something big without that in your library.

You could also go with jet set radio future, but that i didn't like myself. The graphics are ok, i mean i'm a guy that doesn't like c-shaded, but it was good for me for the first 15 hours....and it'll probably get addicted to some people, based on the fact that it's still a very popular game after about 6 months of release.

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I'll probably get JSRF and Halo eventually. I'd be more inclined to get Halo, but the only person who I can play games with is my dad, heh.

Oh, I forgot to mention that yesterday was my birthday. Whee. I'm 16 now.

MarkXIII
Jun 28, 2002, 10:26 AM
On 2002-06-26 12:57, Falkon wrote:

On 2002-06-26 12:53, MarkXIII wrote:

I was talking about robotech in that last blurb.

i know, an it never was exclusive.

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 10:31 AM
According to EGM, when the info first came out, it was Xbox exclusive. No matter. I prefer the Xbox pad over the others anyways.

MarkXIII
Jun 28, 2002, 10:37 AM
Actualy go back an read the whole two pages over because it did not say that. heh

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 10:42 AM
It's not worth debating about. =P I got the box, and that's that. And I love it. I just need to decide whether or not to get another game or anime...

Cube
Jun 28, 2002, 01:16 PM
*sigh*

Another soul lost to an Xbox...

Why purchase a system destined to fail?

If you want 3rd party games, get a PS2. Want 1st party games? Buy a Gamecube. So in most cases your best to have both.

Now... why buy an Xbox? Xbox Live? lol. Please. I can go online with my Gamecube or PS2 just fine... or heck, even my PC.

The only reason anyone will want to buy an Xbox is for Sega games. However, looking at the recent press conference, even Sega is becoming more and more skeptical of Xbox. Xbox use to be Sega's #2 Priority... But now, it's almost Sega's 4th...

Xbox only sold some 700,000 Sega games with 7 titles this year... compared to almost 1.5 million with 8 Gamecube titles (which had more ports in this instance)...

Slowly Xbox is failing... Sales in the US are slumping, Sales in Japan have been at 200,000 for... ever? And Europe is too enthralled with Gamecube to even give the Xbox a second look...

But "who cares about other countries" said one blind Xbox fanboy...

Well, in that case... Xbox doesnt have enough 3rd party titles to reign supreme... it's losing exclusivity from its games... Enclave, Robotech, etc... Companies are losing faith in the Behemoth-Box.

Heck, analysts don't even think Xbox can sell more than 6.5 million units by the end of the year.. compared to Gamecube's 16 million, and PS2's 38.

I want Gunvalkryie, JSRF, and PD:O, but I still don't believe that constitutes butchering my already crowded Entertainment Center by allowing an Xbox to devulge my other System's oxygen.

I say... Wait it out. Microsoft will not give up like sega did. We'll see Xbox live untill 2005... but it will be a sorry sight.

I predict Sega will lose faith, and port these grand games to Gamecube, or PS2 sooner or later.

Dangerous55
Jun 28, 2002, 02:18 PM
Yea but even if the X-Box didnt sell a single system there would still be a X-Box 2.

Cube
Jun 28, 2002, 02:41 PM
And?

If the Xbox didnt sell a single system, which devloper would want to make games for it?

Which is another reason why Xbox 2 will fall a much harsher death.

The beauty of Xbox 2 is that it will simply incur an even greater debt to microsoft.

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 03:29 PM
You're just biased 'cause your name is CUBE!...

Just kidding of course.

If the only other game I get for my box is TJ&E3. It will be worth it. I have been waiting for a true sequal to TJ&E for years, not to mention I get a panzer, jet grind radio, and Dead or Alive sequel on this system.

This was my choice. I will stick by it. Foolish or not.

By the way, I didn't find anything at the store. I'm browsing their online shop now...seeing if there's anything interesting in the anime section before I grab DOA3.

ABDUR101
Jun 28, 2002, 03:54 PM
I'm not even going to read Cube's fanboyish rant.

I bought a DC, and guess what, it fucking failed. Do I care? NO! I still play my damn DC, I love it. I bought a N64 too, it had bar none the crappiest games I've ever played. The majority just weren't worth getting into, but the ones that WERE worth it were great. I think the main game I played on N64 was GoldenEye.

Every system dies, but who cares? I still have my SNES hooked up, because it's fun. God damn, you'd think as many times as we've went over this that people would understand that we play systems because of the games, not because we're allied to the system developers.

Dangerous55
Jun 28, 2002, 04:04 PM
On 2002-06-28 12:41, Cube wrote:
And?

If the Xbox didnt sell a single system, which devloper would want to make games for it?

The beauty of Xbox 2 is that it will simply incur an even greater debt to microsoft.

Yea, my point, It doesnt matter what it does, they wills till make one.

But heres my question, why do you hate the X-Box, its a inanimate object, that did no harm to you.

ABDUR101
Jun 28, 2002, 04:10 PM
On 2002-06-28 14:04, Dangerous55 wrote:
But heres my question, why do you hate the X-Box, its a inanimate object, that did no harm to you.

Re-read this quote from Cube:

..can't you just smell the fanboy from that post?

Vitamin_D
Jun 28, 2002, 04:17 PM
On 2002-06-28 13:54, ABDUR101 wrote:
we play systems because of the games

Ya know...I say this at EVERY site but no one ever listens...ah well :/

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 28, 2002, 04:51 PM
On 2002-06-28 11:16, Cube wrote:
*sigh*

Another soul lost to an Xbox...

Why purchase a system destined to fail?

If you want 3rd party games, get a PS2. Want 1st party games? Buy a Gamecube. So in most cases your best to have both.

Now... why buy an Xbox? Xbox Live? lol. Please. I can go online with my Gamecube or PS2 just fine... or heck, even my PC.

The only reason anyone will want to buy an Xbox is for Sega games. However, looking at the recent press conference, even Sega is becoming more and more skeptical of Xbox. Xbox use to be Sega's #2 Priority... But now, it's almost Sega's 4th...

Xbox only sold some 700,000 Sega games with 7 titles this year... compared to almost 1.5 million with 8 Gamecube titles (which had more ports in this instance)...

Slowly Xbox is failing... Sales in the US are slumping, Sales in Japan have been at 200,000 for... ever? And Europe is too enthralled with Gamecube to even give the Xbox a second look...

But "who cares about other countries" said one blind Xbox fanboy...

Well, in that case... Xbox doesnt have enough 3rd party titles to reign supreme... it's losing exclusivity from its games... Enclave, Robotech, etc... Companies are losing faith in the Behemoth-Box.

Heck, analysts don't even think Xbox can sell more than 6.5 million units by the end of the year.. compared to Gamecube's 16 million, and PS2's 38.

I want Gunvalkryie, JSRF, and PD:O, but I still don't believe that constitutes butchering my already crowded Entertainment Center by allowing an Xbox to devulge my other System's oxygen.

I say... Wait it out. Microsoft will not give up like sega did. We'll see Xbox live untill 2005... but it will be a sorry sight.

I predict Sega will lose faith, and port these grand games to Gamecube, or PS2 sooner or later.

GC is cool and all but dont go around dissin my xbox like that

Sojo
Jun 28, 2002, 06:14 PM
My sister recently got a GC for her birthday.

I've been playing it, and so far have noticed a disturbing trend in the games.

They are painfully short!!

The games that came with it, Rogue Squadron and Luigi's Mansion, were both completed in a few days playing.

So, in RS you get the chance to unlock some new levels, but having to re-do the few original levels so many times just gets boring.

GC may suffer the same curse as the N64; thousands of games, but only a handful worth playing. Out of the stacks of games we got for our N64, I've only really played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for any great length of time.

The thing that made Perfect Dark so good to my and my mates was the multi-player; it's the best I've ever seen! And games like Rogue Squadron would have benefited well from a good Multi-player option, but sadly it has none...

It's as if they're rushing games like that to the shelves without harnessing their full potential, just to give their sales a head start over their rivals.

I wouldn't mind if they took just a bit longer in games development so that the end product with be well worth waiting for.

Kupi
Jun 28, 2002, 06:31 PM
Sojo: you can rest assured that Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, and The Legend Of Zelda will be highly time-consuming. ^_^

ABDUR101
Jun 28, 2002, 08:19 PM
I don't know, I've had Morrowind for a solid week and haven't even finished the Fighters Guild quests. I'm a Ward, almost a Guardian in their ranks, and that isn't counting the Theives Guild, Mages Guild, or any of the other guilds/factions you can join, let alone the main story. I haven't even touched the main story yet.

Halo can be beat rather quickly, but try playing it through on Legendary(which is second nature for me and my brother), and the multiplayer is more than enough to keep us going back. Co-op is really fun as well.

I don't care how long or short a game is, it's the replayability that counts to me. Games like Max Payne and Blood Omen 2 get old, because when you beat them once, thats pretty much it, there's no new things you can do in them.

Eventually, you're going to beat every game, so the replayability is what counts the most.

God, I miss the SNES and Sega days x_x

I want my Mega Man's and Street Fighters with my Contras!

Dangerous55
Jun 28, 2002, 08:36 PM
I also go around every site and say there is no best system. And I am right, there isnt! But jeez, why would you hate Microsoft? Its moronic.

Cube
Jun 29, 2002, 01:57 AM
Well, there is no "best system". That is true.

Different systems apeal to different gamers...

3rd party gamers will enjoy PS2, 1st and 2nd party gamers will enjoy Gamecube... which leaves Xbox in the dust.

ABDUR... lol, if your not going to read my "fanboysish" statement howcome you quoted it?

And no, I'm not a fanboy. If I were a fanboy i would be gleaming "Nintendo this Nintendo that, go pikachu!"... but im not.

I hate Microsoft for one reason. They did not need to introduce the Xbox. there is only room for 2 systems in the console war, and it looks as if Xbox is getting the boot. Damn Msoft for forcing so many people into buying their 300 dollar pig system, simply for Sega and Tecmo games.

Damn straight, it is all about the games. Nothing more nothing less. I never said it wasent. I was simply re stating certain facts.

Since it is all about the games, I am pissed at Microsoft for forcing consumers to buy a POS system for games which COULD and SHOULD have been on PS2 or GC. There is no room for Xbox...

Microsoft can't make games... never could... All they can do is buy their way towards success... but money doesn't last forevor.

Now, im out to play more Eternal Darkness...

btw ABDUR hope ya like morrowind. It does 0wn.... (on the PC at least..)

[/Xbox Bashing]

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2002, 02:28 AM
There were three consoles before. Sega, Nintendo and Sony. Everyone held such high hopes for Sega, and it did a nice nose dive into the concrete. You don't hear me complaining about having to buy a system that died so quickly though, do you?

I don't care what the X-box's life span is. The point is, here and now, there are games that people like. Which is what you agree with, it's all about the games. Therefore, if people go out and buy an X-box for the games, are they really getting hurt? Hell, even if the X-box flops, I have alot of nice games to play on it, and it's a DVD player, something I never had until I bought my X-box.

I only have about 14 or 15 games for my DC, but I still pull them off the shelf and play them. Just like my SNES and Genesis. It doesn't matter when or how the system flops, as long as you like the software thats available for it, that's all that matters.

And yeah, Morrowind does own, expecially on the X-box. My system is a high end system, but it only has a 32meg 3D card, and from what I've heard, it's not good enough to run Morrowind at full graphics. Thats why I play console games more than computer games, I don't need to scale anything down and tweak with it to make it work, it does automatically. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Falkon
Jun 29, 2002, 08:22 AM
Microsponge DID say they were putting enough bucks into the xbox to make it last for the next 5 years at E3. So I don't think it's going to nosedive into the concrete any time soon...

Ian D
Jun 29, 2002, 10:36 AM
I'm a bit pissed, I got flamed because I called someone a fanboy and everyone does it so lightly without any penalty. Damn prejudice people, hating me because I have a little red saddle on my back.

Dangerous55
Jun 29, 2002, 12:39 PM
I would get Morrowind for the PC but it has steep system reqs.

Falkon
Jun 29, 2002, 01:55 PM
I have morrowind for PC and our computer can barely run it!

Yeah, that sucks.

I decided I'm either gonna get DOA3 or another controller if I can't find the stupid boost disk.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 29, 2002, 06:18 PM
the booster disk for DOA3?

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2002, 07:05 PM
On 2002-06-29 16:18, XBOX_JEDI wrote:
the booster disk for DOA3?

Get a friend to buy a booster disk for his DOA3 and then use it. You only need it once to install all the extra costumes and so on.

I myself thought it was "ok". I wanted the god damn intro to be put on my X-box though, but no, it doesn't get put on.

Cube
Jun 29, 2002, 08:43 PM
Bah, dont be foolish. No one wants 30 ssytems sitting around... why purchase a system destined to fail and waste your money? People were pissed at DC because it failed and they had to get new systems for more updated games.

It doesnt matter how much money Microsith puts into its system. Money isnt all that powerfull in this market... games rule the war. And so far, Xbox is lackin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GhoStar
Jun 29, 2002, 08:59 PM
Who keeps saying Spiderman on Xbox sold worse?

They need to get their facts straight. Like me.

http://www.NPD.com

TRSTS VIDEO GAMES TOP SELLERS MONTH OF MAY 2002

SPIDER-MAN: THE MOVIE PS2 ACTIVISION $49

DRAGONBALL Z: GOKU
GBA
INFOGRAMES
$31

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3
PS2
ROCKSTAR GAMES
$49

MEDAL HONOR FRONTLINE
PS2
ELECTRONIC ARTS
$50

GRAN TURISMO 3: A-SPEC
PS2
SONY COMPUTER ENT.
$21

RESIDENT EVIL
GCN
CAPCOM USA
$49

SPIDER-MAN: THE MOVIE
XBX
ACTIVISION
$50

HALO
XBX
MICROSOFT
$48

GCN
ACTIVISION
$49

SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 2
GBA
NINTENDO OF AMERICA
$30

GBA
ACTIVISION
$39

YU GI OH! FORBIDDEN
PSX
KONAMI OF AMERICA
$31

ATV OFF ROAD FURY
PS2
SONY COMPUTER ENT.
$21

HUNTER: THE RECKONING
XBX
INTERPLAY PROD.
$51

MIDNIGHT CLUB: STREET
PS2
ROCKSTAR GAMES
$20

TWISTED METAL BLACK
PS2
SONY COMPUTER ENT.
$21

SPIDER-MAN
PSX
ACTIVISION
$21

SONIC ADVENTURE
GBA
THQ
$40

HEAD HUNTER
PS2
ACCLAIM ENTERTAIN.
$52

SUPER SMASH BRO MELEE
GCN NINTENDO OF AMERICA
$49

TRSTS VIDEO GAMES TOP SELLERS MONTH OF APRIL 2002

SPIDER-MAN: THE MOVIE PS2 ACTIVISION $50

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3
PS2
ROCKSTAR GAMES
$50

GRAN TURISMO 3:A-SPEC
PS2
SONY COMPUTER ENT.
$21

RESIDENT EVIL
GCN
CAPCOM USA
$49

XBX
ACTIVISION
$50

SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 2
GBA
NINTENDO OF AMERICA
$30

GCN
ACTIVISION
$49

VIRTUA FIGHTER 4
PS2
SEGA OF AMERICA
$48

ATV OFF ROAD FURY
PS2
SONY COMPUTER ENT
$21

SONIC ADVANCE
GBA
THQ
$40

TRIPLE PLAY 2002
PS2
ELECTRONIC ARTS
$50

TWISTED METAL BLACK
PS2
SONY COMPUTER ENT.
$21

MAX PAYNE
PS2
ROCKSTAR GAMES
$51

BOND:AGENT UNDER FIRE
XBX
ELECTRONIC ARTS
$51

SONIC ADVENTURE 2
GCN
SEGA OF AMERICA
$49

YU GI OH! FORBIDDEN
PSX
KONAMI OF AMERICA
$31

ALL STAR BASEBALL2003
PS2
ACCLAIM ENT.
$50

SUPER SMASH BRO MELEE
GCN
NINTENDO OF AMERICA
$49

SPIDER-MAN
PSX
ACTIVISION
$20

HALO
XBX MICROSOFT
$49

So no, the Xbox version didn't sell the worse.

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2002, 08:59 PM
On 2002-06-29 18:43, Cube wrote:
Money isnt all that powerfull in this market...

..tell that to Sega.

games rule the war. And so far, Xbox is lackin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No, you just don't like enough games released for the X-box to buy one. The opposite for me, there aren't enough games I want on the GC to warrant buying one.

Besides, I still have my Atari and a stack of games in a briefcase, along with my NES, Sega, SNES and DC. Oh, can't forget my PS.

I don't care how many systems I have, it's all about the nostalgia http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dangerous55
Jun 29, 2002, 09:41 PM
I did, and it was in the newest EGM, so I will go by that. It wasnt on the charts.

Actually, as of right now, I would say X-Box has the better games between GC and the Box. But things can and will change. Maybe some people like every GC game, doenst mean its the BEST system, just that the system would give the most fun for that person.

Falkon
Jun 29, 2002, 10:05 PM
The problem is the June or July OXM's are gone now, and I don't know ANYBODY who would have it...

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 29, 2002, 11:15 PM
i have it...just find a friend they are free

GhoStar
Jun 30, 2002, 10:41 AM
EGM uses NPD and TRST who supply there charts, so I don't know what you're talking about. In both April and May Xbox Spiderman has been selling better than the GC one.

I've just shown definite proof of this. It is fact.

Dangerous55
Jun 30, 2002, 12:56 PM
On 2002-06-30 08:41, GhoStar wrote:
EGM uses NPD and TRST who supply there charts, so I don't know what you're talking about. In both April and May Xbox Spiderman has been selling better than the GC one.

I've just shown definite proof of this. It is fact.

Yes, I am wrong. Mis-read it.

Twenty lashings for in the PSOW town square.

GhoStar
Jun 30, 2002, 08:55 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/whip.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/whip.gif

21 just for questioning me in the first place.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-06-30 18:58 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jun 30, 2002, 10:11 PM
On 2002-06-30 18:55, GhoStar wrote:

21 just for questioning me in the first place.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-06-30 18:58 ]</font>

Your a harsh mistress.

Ian D
Jun 30, 2002, 10:16 PM
Ooooooooh, me next, me next http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 30, 2002, 11:42 PM
On 2002-06-30 20:16, Y0SHI wrote:
Ooooooooh, me next, me next http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

um okay u like getting lashes..hello freak nasty

Greg
Jul 1, 2002, 09:31 AM
And?

*cough*fanboy*cough*
Maybe we would be more eager to believe you market analysis if you didn't work at a GC fansite hehe.

Greg
Jul 1, 2002, 09:36 AM
On 2002-06-28 16:31, Kupi wrote:
Sojo: you can rest assured that Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, and The Legend Of Zelda will be highly time-consuming. ^_^

If Mario plays like its n64 brother the game will only be 'long' because you will be forced to complete the same level over and over.

Also note that there will be little to no FPS support on the cube. Look at the control scheme for metroid... I was Super pumped to get this title until I found out that there is no "mouse look". In there constant need to be different nintendo used a lame form of media and a controller that doesn't support dual analogue games (a standard for today).

P.S. Gun Valkyrie is awsome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GhoStar
Jul 1, 2002, 09:46 AM
Your a harsh mistress.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/whip.gif

"SIT DOWN!"

Greg
Jul 1, 2002, 09:49 AM
On 2002-06-28 23:57, Cube wrote:

3rd party gamers will enjoy PS2, 1st and 2nd party gamers will enjoy Gamecube... which leaves Xbox in the dust.

Except for the fact that you seem to ignore all of the bad ass 3rd party titles comming out for the xbox in the next year so, many of them sega titles that you so seem to love. PS2 is great for RPG's and Nintendo has it's obligatory mario rehash. However your downplaying of the xbox library is cause to raise an eyebrow. The only console left in the dust in my room is my GC which is covered in it. My PS2 is getting pretty bad lately as well.

And no, I'm not a fanboy. If I were a fanboy i would be gleaming "Nintendo this Nintendo that, go pikachu!"... but im not.

Or sorry, you are just needless biased against MS because you are butthurt that so many awsome titles are commin out for it.

I hate Microsoft for one reason. They did not need to introduce the Xbox. there is only room for 2 systems in the console war, and it looks as if Xbox is getting the boot. Damn Msoft for forcing so many people into buying their 300 dollar pig system, simply for Sega and Tecmo games.

This is the biggest fanboy statement of the year. Sega and Techmo see to love the xbox as do most devlopers that work on it. What makes it a pig? It's high specs? Or it's large size (from containing more hardware then the PS2 and the GC)? Stop being a fanboy and be objective for once.

Since it is all about the games, I am pissed at Microsoft for forcing consumers to buy a POS system for games which COULD and SHOULD have been on PS2 or GC. There is no room for Xbox...

Yet you are not mad that a PS2 exists? funny.
there is pleanty of room for xbox in the US market. Hell, it's pretty much the only console I play these days. Not to mention every game so far looks better and runs smoother on the xbox, why should said games be on inferior hardware? I shudder to think about playing halo on a GC or PS2.

Microsoft can't make games... never could... All they can do is buy their way towards success... but money doesn't last forevor.

Micosoft has been making software for years.

Greg
Jul 1, 2002, 09:53 AM
On 2002-06-29 18:43, Cube wrote:
Bah, dont be foolish. No one wants 30 ssytems sitting around... why purchase a system destined to fail and waste your money?

3 systems? O_o

It doesnt matter how much money Microsith puts into its system. Money isnt all that powerfull in this market... games rule the war. And so far, Xbox is lackin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hmmm... I have 9 titles for xbox and 3 for GC... Remember cube not everyone holds the same opinions as you. And I personally am doubtfull that Xbox will die.
[/quote]

Dabra
Jul 1, 2002, 10:02 AM
Cube: Microsoft has money trees for crying out loud! It's like the richest damn company there is. Almost 75% (i believe) are games from microsoft, and even if they do throw around money there and over there, it still spawns back with sales "other" than xbox. They made the xbox for one simple reason: get to be liked everywhere. There are a lot of people that can't afford a PC, so they blame microsoft for the damn price they put on windows, even though a pc's price is reasonable. Now that linux was out (for free to download), they just had to be known to the world. They made a console, they sold a couple million, got their money, and now with that thy can make more. Didn't you notice? they cut the price from 500 to 300 in just a couple of months. Profit or not, as long as they sell more to make more games, thus bringing happyness all over the place. Yes, 1st party for GC, and 2rd for ps2. But what if someone doesn't give a rat's ass if it's 2st or 3rd, maybe i don't want a damn gamecube for nintendo's kid games (screw you if your going to flame me, that's my statement on nintendo). Like i said, i don't care who makes the games. It could be sega, it could be microsoft, why is there a difference?

Now cube, you also said you can have online games no problem on gc and ps2. Maybe you to got money to burn because you have to buy a adamn hardrive and a modem or broadband supported hardware, which will cost at LEAST 150 bucks. So basicly, your 300 dollar lunchbox is a 450 authentic box signed by nintendo itself.

For now i rest my case as xbox being the most worthy of your money: it has the hardrive, the bb modem, dvd, and etc..

PS: the statement i put on why microsoft put an xbox on the market is just a hypothese. I'm not even sure it's true or dont know how to prove it.

MarkXIII
Jul 1, 2002, 10:20 AM
http://www.gamers.com/news/1185108

Just to correct the common belief that the Xbox is the new "Sega" system.

"At a stockholder's meeting today, Sega revealed their software strategy for the next year and commented on a number of topics. Due to be released this year are 42 games for PlayStation 2, 15 for Xbox, 20 for GameCube, and 12 for Game Boy Advance. No titles were mentioned for PC, but Sega said it was still an important platform for them."

That was announced before the 2 new Sonic games were announced today for Gamecube.....Well, sorta new. heh

That story here http://www.gamers.com/news/1187074 if you wanna read it.

MarkXIII
Jul 1, 2002, 10:25 AM
On 2002-07-01 07:36, Greg wrote:

On 2002-06-28 16:31, Kupi wrote:

If Mario plays like its n64 brother the game will only be 'long' because you will be forced to complete the same level over and over.

Also note that there will be little to no FPS support on the cube. Look at the control scheme for metroid... I was Super pumped to get this title until I found out that there is no "mouse look". In there constant need to be different nintendo used a lame form of media and a controller that doesn't support dual analogue games (a standard for today).

P.S. Gun Valkyrie is awsome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mario64 was Nintendo's first stab at a 3D platforming game, i'm sure they have got a lil better at it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif An your problem with Metroid is based on your thinking it was going to be a traditional FPS which it was stated a long time ago it wouldn't be. Metroid has a auto-lock rather than free look...big fricken whoop. lol The GC will be getting about 30-40% of the FPS's hitting the Xbox.....more than enough FPS's in my book.

Falkon
Jul 1, 2002, 11:09 AM
An auto-lock makes it almost too easy though.

MarkXIII
Jul 1, 2002, 11:43 AM
Then i guess "Gunvalkerie for hardcore gamers" theory gets thrown right out the window.

Dangerous55
Jul 1, 2002, 12:25 PM
I am not getting the X-Box for 1 reason, I dont have Broadband, and I want to at least try some games online. I got a PS2, but that damn hard drive and modem is gonna be expensive. So that leaves the GC, which I am currently saving for. Its mainly there for my PSO and PD:0 needs. And Resident Evil, whatever happened to Resident Evil coming to GC? I mean, I dont mind, but why did they get rid of the PS2.

MarkXIII
Jul 1, 2002, 12:34 PM
Money more than likely but Resident Evil Online is PS2 only so far but i wouldn't be surprised to see a GC version down the road.

Cube
Jul 1, 2002, 10:51 PM
Well greg you seem to defend your Xbox dilligently. And I commend you... However, as I love my Gamecube, you love your Xbox. We both will share different opinions on both systems..

No, Im not a fanboy... I just dislike Xbox..

btw, Gunvalkrye is an awesome game... its too empty though...

Wait for metroid which actually plays on a playable controller (although the S controller is a BIG improvment)

As for online plans? GC is going to be the EASIEST of the three to get online with. Buy a 30 dollar modem... and thats it. Where did you pull 150 dollars out of your ass from?

Heck, MSoft is leaving half of the online gaming community in the dust by not offering the simplest means of connectivity. A modem. It's not rocket science to realise that more than half of gamers have modems not DSL, or Cable...

Oh well, the sales show who the true winners are and so far it looks like X isnt one of them.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PS My Sales figures are all legitamite. Check them out if you wish... but if you dont want to believe them... dont bother.

Falkon
Jul 2, 2002, 12:28 AM
I love the xbox controller, it's just a mutated DC pad.

GUNVALKYRIE's auto-lock isn't very precise though. It breaks off really easily.

Dangerous55
Jul 2, 2002, 12:38 AM
On 2002-07-01 08:25, MarkXIII wrote:
30-40% of the FPS's hitting the Xbox.....more than enough FPS's in my book.

You can never have enough FPS's, I love em. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cube
Jul 2, 2002, 02:43 PM
The Cube pad is just fine for FPS! Heck, the gamecube is getting plenty of FPS's anyways.

No point in arguing anymore.. the sales figures justify my points. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SaitoH
Jul 2, 2002, 03:38 PM
On 2002-07-01 20:51, Cube wrote:

Cube, you are the biggest Gamecube fanboy I've ever seen. Although admittedly Greg is the biggest Xbox fanboy.

God bless you both!~ I LOVE reading your posts!

Tippy fanboy #1

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 10:10 AM
Actually unlike cube I actually own all 3 systems. I harbor no ill will against the GC at all because I don't want to have wasted $200. In fact the only reason I posted to defend the xbox is because of fanboys like cube who are butthurt that they don't own all 3 consoles.

Seeing as though I am not limited to what titles I can purchase I don't really fucking care http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As for the GC pad being perfectly fine for FPS games... you are somking some serious crack.

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 10:12 AM
On 2002-07-01 08:20, MarkXIII wrote:
http://www.gamers.com/news/1185108

Just to correct the common belief that the Xbox is the new "Sega" system.

"At a stockholder's meeting today, Sega revealed their software strategy for the next year and commented on a number of topics. Due to be released this year are 42 games for PlayStation 2, 15 for Xbox, 20 for GameCube, and 12 for Game Boy Advance. No titles were mentioned for PC, but Sega said it was still an important platform for them."

That was announced before the 2 new Sonic games were announced today for Gamecube.....Well, sorta new. heh

That story here http://www.gamers.com/news/1187074 if you wanna read it.

The number of titles is insignfigant. Most of the titles listed for PS2 are most likely going to be Japan only, probablly a few for the GC too.

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 10:15 AM
On 2002-07-01 09:43, MarkXIII wrote:
Then i guess "Gunvalkerie for hardcore gamers" theory gets thrown right out the window.

GV does not auto lock on enemies you must free look while activating the weapon to target and lock. Free look is a standard feature in FPS's and has been sence quake -_-;

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 10:29 AM
On 2002-07-01 20:51, Cube wrote:

I think everyone here can laugh at that one.

btw, Gunvalkrye is an awesome game... its too empty though...

In your oppinion it is. I guess you prefer the plot of an over weight plumber sitting on turtles to save a princess for the 143214th time?

Wait for metroid which actually plays on a playable controller (although the S controller is a BIG improvment)

Yet another statement highlighting your fanboyish tendencies that you claim not to have. The GC controller is with out a doubt the worst controller on the matket for FPS's. Not to mention fighting games. If the xbox controller is unplayable for you then you must have some form of serious birth defect.

As for online plans? GC is going to be the EASIEST of the three to get online with. Buy a 30 dollar modem... and thats it. Where did you pull 150 dollars out of your ass from?

Actually xbox is even eaiser. There is no need to go to the store, just plug and play. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif PS2 could approach $150 for the network adapter and the HD. Also enjoy that modem because according to the new EGM (E3 edition) GC has 1 online title planned PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heck, MSoft is leaving half of the online gaming community in the dust by not offering the simplest means of connectivity. A modem. It's not rocket science to realise that more than half of gamers have modems not DSL, or Cable...

Who the fuck cares? If people want to go online with xbox the get Broadband. It is becoming more and more availabe everyday and is infinately more useful then dial up. Going Broadband will allow MS to make more intence online games and have more people playing online at once. I think it's a good thing.

Oh well, the sales show who the true winners are and so far it looks like X isnt one of them.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In Japan perhaps and seeing as though the japaneese market is focusing on North America more and more I fail to see how this is a problem.

Dangerous55
Jul 3, 2002, 11:09 AM
Well, no controller is really suited for FPS's. PS2's is very playable for FPS's. X-Box's is good, I guess if one of the analog things was to move and one was to look that would work. But, I can see how GC would work too, to move would be that little circle gray thing on the left, and to look could be the C-Pad if thats what its still called.

SaitoH
Jul 3, 2002, 11:51 AM
On 2002-07-03 08:10, Greg wrote:
Actually unlike cube I actually own all 3 systems. I harbor no ill will against the GC at all because I don't want to have wasted $200. In fact the only reason I posted to defend the xbox is because of fanboys like cube who are butthurt that they don't own all 3 consoles.

Seeing as though I am not limited to what titles I can purchase I don't really fucking care http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As for the GC pad being perfectly fine for FPS games... you are somking some serious crack.

I own all three systems too!

muwahahahaha!

*coughs*

I still think you are the number 1 XBox fanboy.

=P~~~

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 03:04 PM
On 2002-07-03 09:51, SaitoH wrote:

On 2002-07-03 08:10, Greg wrote:

I own all three systems too!

muwahahahaha!

*coughs*

I still think you are the number 1 XBox fanboy.

=P~~~

I disagree only in that If I were a fanboy I would not purchase any Games for the GC, fuck, I also have a GBA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ian D
Jul 3, 2002, 03:17 PM
I think you just buy the GC games to say how much they suck compared to the others ;x
(Which is not my opinion, btw)

watashiwa
Jul 3, 2002, 03:22 PM
I just buy all the systems and talk shit about them all. I confuse everybody.

X-Box: It's just a fucking PC in a box!
Gamecube: It needs more games!
PS2: The system itself is just weak all-around!

Haha, just kidding. I love all my consoles. :P

>.>

<.<

*runs*

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 03:43 PM
On 2002-07-03 13:17, Y0SHI wrote:
I think you just buy the GC games to say how much they suck compared to the others ;x

Yeah, I love to waste money -_-;

watashiwa
Jul 3, 2002, 03:45 PM
On 2002-07-03 13:17, Y0SHI wrote:

If it's not your opinion, then what exactly is it?

Cube
Jul 3, 2002, 06:33 PM
If I was a fanboy why would I have owned a PS2... Why would I be planning on purchasing an Xbox (or another PS2 since mine broke)...

I just prefer the Gamecube to the Xbox... Somtime I look back at what I say, and although it may seem fanboyish.. it's not... I understand the gamecube has its cons... but I still think the Xbox has more cons than pros. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

btw: I do plan on owning all 3 systems... Even if I dislike one more than the other... right now my conflict is to buy either an Xbox or a PS2 (which I have 5 games for right now, but it's broke)...

AM-711
Jul 5, 2002, 07:16 PM
dont get a X-box i got 1 and gave it back after 4 days,then i gót a game cube and it kicks ass,Nintendo always makes the best computers and games like zelda 1 of the best games ever!!

AM-711
Jul 5, 2002, 07:18 PM
dont get a X-box i got 1 and gave it back after 4 days,then i gót a game cube and it kicks ass,Nintendo always makes the best computers and games like zelda 1 of the best games ever!!

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 08:15 PM
On 2002-07-05 17:18, AM-711 wrote:
dont get a X-box i got 1 and gave it back after 4 days,then i g? game cube and it kicks ass,Nintendo always makes the best computers and games like zelda 1 of the best games ever!!

-Initiat sarcasm-Wow, that should be in the gospel.-End sarcasm-

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2002, 10:06 PM
On 2002-07-05 17:18, AM-711 wrote:
dont get a X-box i got 1 and gave it back after 4 days,then i g? game cube and it kicks ass,Nintendo always makes the best computers and games like zelda 1 of the best games ever!!

..double posts are bad, mmmkay. hehe

*insert annoying comment*
Oh well, dif'rent strokes fer dif'rent folks =)