PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Games

BOC
Sep 2, 2004, 02:57 PM
its no mystery that there are lots of games that never get to see release. some are dropped during developent, others can't get the funding, some have other shit problems. and sometimes i pisses me off to no end when great titles get cancelled or 'delayed indefinately'.

like freespace 3. the 1st two games rocked somethng shocking. i loved them both, even still have the odd bash on freespace 2. and the end of the game basically promised a sequel. and instead voltion went on to make shit like red faction instead.

or shenmue 3. yeah i know this one ain't dead just yet, but it will be an honest to god miricle if it gets released.

or prey. anyone remember that? was supposed to be THE next game, all those years ago, and it just faded out.

so what game that got canned/delayed/never given the chance do u guys really wish had made it?

PEACE!!!

Elvendar
Sep 2, 2004, 03:10 PM
I really wanted to see Front Mission in the US for Neo Geo Pocket Color.

DarthFomar
Sep 2, 2004, 03:30 PM
"The Unseen" - xbox

Supposed to have been released a long time ago, haven't seen anything new on it in a year or two.

Maybe they should officially announce it canceled. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Logical2u
Sep 2, 2004, 03:40 PM
Team Buddies.

It WAS released, but was very very quickly cancelled.

I have a copy, it's like a little action RTS...

Scrub
Sep 2, 2004, 03:48 PM
I was looking forward to True Fantasy Live Online.

DarthFomar
Sep 2, 2004, 03:55 PM
Supposedly, "Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers" (xbox, ps2??, gamecube??) was cancelled the second it was shipped.

Stupid isn't it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-09-02 13:56 ]</font>

Madzozs
Sep 2, 2004, 04:36 PM
How about Team Fortress Classic 2. I remember playing TFC in 1999 or so and hearing talk of development.

VioletSkye
Sep 2, 2004, 04:50 PM
I had been looking forward to THRILL KILL for along time and when EA bought out Virgin and Westwood, they cancelled the game right before it was set to be released. In fact some magazines had already printed reviews and moves lists for the characters lol. They eventually used the Thrill Kill engine to create that awful Wu Tang fighting game.

I have obtained the final version of the game with complete moves, fatalities and cinemas but I still would have liked to have seen an official release.

BOC
Sep 2, 2004, 05:11 PM
On 2004-09-02 14:36, Madzozs wrote:
How about Team Fortress Classic 2. I remember playing TFC in 1999 or so and hearing talk of development.

yeah was announced rite in january and was first slated for a march release.

but it was never offically cancelled. word around the camp fire is that valve are still working on it, and it got delayed so long because they wanted to use source for it. and there was the rumour that it was supposed to be going sci-fi.

and lets face it when counter strike began to become popular tfc2 probably looked redundant.

PEACE!!!

Madzozs
Sep 2, 2004, 08:30 PM
Connor, Murphy and Il Duce want TFC2. So did Rocco's cat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

hollowtip
Sep 2, 2004, 10:42 PM
Duke Nukem Forever

Jason
Sep 2, 2004, 10:46 PM
Ura Zelda.

BOC
Sep 5, 2004, 09:36 AM
On 2004-09-02 20:42, hollowtip wrote:
Duke Nukem Forever

i laugh. around easter 1998 i bought pc gamer 55 (uk). in its release radar it had duke nukem forever slated for a summer release of that year.

call me hopeful but i still think that it will be released by this time next year. and even though it'll probably not be as good looking as doom3 or half life 2, that all those years of development will have added up to one excellent, LONG, sexy and funny game. as long as they haven't spent all this time sticking stealth elements in. *shudder*

or am i just been hopelessly niave?

but good news, i read a clip that since interplay went under some dude has been trying to buy the rights to freespace 3. fingers crossed. and that shenmue 3 will be a mmorpg. though i can't se that working.

PEACE!!!

tai_EX
Sep 5, 2004, 10:20 AM
Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest. it came out and all, but it was in such a small quantity its one of the rarest GCN games ever created. and i have it!! i love this game, i dont know why they wouldnt let the general public see the majesty of ripping the legs off of a cube with a face, mating, evolving and growing more legs in the process, pooping (yes pooping) and soo much more... Atlus why? why?

Eihwaz
Sep 5, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-09-02 20:46, Jason wrote:
Ura Zelda.

Dude, that WAS released, sort of. It was known as "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest" and came on the special bonus that you got if you pre-ordered Windwaker.

Elvendar
Sep 6, 2004, 12:28 PM
Malice for Xbox.

Jason
Sep 6, 2004, 12:36 PM
On 2004-09-05 13:12, Eihwaz wrote:

Ura Zelda.

Dude, that WAS released, sort of. It was known as "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest" and came on the special bonus that you got if you pre-ordered Windwaker.

Master Quest is NOT Ura Zelda. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Outrider
Sep 6, 2004, 12:58 PM
On 2004-09-06 10:36, Jason wrote:

Ura Zelda.

Master Quest is NOT Ura Zelda. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Well...

Which Ura Zelda are you talking about? I mean, it's gone through several stages. From what I read, it was originally supposed to be Master Quest. That's what Miyamoto said in an interview, and since nobody can really overrule what he said, that's basically it. However, there were other "Ura" Zeldas getting made back in the day. Originally, it was supposed to be a game released on the DD, but we all know how successful that was (or we don't, in which case that proves the point even more.) I believe there were a few other iterations until they finally opted to make it a stand-alone game... Majora's Mask.

Jason
Sep 6, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-09-06 10:58, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-09-06 10:36, Jason wrote:

Ura Zelda.

Well...

Which Ura Zelda are you talking about? I mean, it's gone through several stages. From what I read, it was originally supposed to be Master Quest. That's what Miyamoto said in an interview, and since nobody can really overrule what he said, that's basically it. However, there were other "Ura" Zeldas getting made back in the day. Originally, it was supposed to be a game released on the DD, but we all know how successful that was (or we don't, in which case that proves the point even more.) I believe there were a few other iterations until they finally opted to make it a stand-alone game... Majora's Mask.

May I quote one's opinion,

URA Zelda was supposed to be an add on quest that used the N64 Disk Drive. It would have new dungeons, new side quests, new bits of the story. The Master Quest is a pathetic attempt to make us shut up about never seeing URA Zelda. All they did was change the dungeons. This is not what URA Zelda was supposed to be. URA Zelda was never, and will never, be made. Master Quest is just a remake with different dungeons. That's all it really is.

And so it turns out to be Majora's Mask in the end, and then The Wind Waker for another sequel of Ocarina of Time in a separate timeline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-09-06 11:13 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Sep 6, 2004, 02:51 PM
On 2004-09-06 10:28, Elvendar wrote:
Malice for Xbox.

Actually saw that in GAME today while trying to find somehting to kill time. I was quite surprised to see the Xbox copy as the PS2 version has been kicking around for ages.

Theres loads of DC games i remember being announced then canned, or not canned in some places, just left to disapear into infinity...

Agartha was one game i was interested in. Having a Sean Connery look alike wonder around an abandoned snowy village on the brink of hell (or somehtign liek that) seemed cool, but it just vanished. Ive got a big cofee table book called 1000 Game Heroes that still lists it (but then again, thats not the books only fault, it only has 123 Game Heroes in it and is choc full of typos).

Does anyone remember 'Picaso', the art theft game? Hyped as a non-violent thief-em-up where you steal the worlds greatest works of arts. Sounded interesting, but just vanished.

Eihwaz
Sep 6, 2004, 03:06 PM
Yeah, and they were like OMG NEW ENEMIES IN MASTER QUEST!!1

Those little Gohma eggs WERE NOT NEW ENEMIES. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif Master Quest was pretty cool, although the part with the Fire Temple Seal in Ganon's Tower was really hard. x_x

SpikeOtacon
Sep 6, 2004, 03:15 PM
On 2004-09-06 11:04, Jason wrote:

URA Zelda was supposed to be an add on quest that used the N64 Disk Drive. It would have new dungeons, new side quests, new bits of the story. The Master Quest is a pathetic attempt to make us shut up about never seeing URA Zelda. All they did was change the dungeons. This is not what URA Zelda was supposed to be. URA Zelda was never, and will never, be made. Master Quest is just a remake with different dungeons. That's all it really is.

And so it turns out to be Majora's Mask in the end, and then The Wind Waker for another sequel of Ocarina of Time in a separate timeline.

Wait wait wait...did I see the word 'OPINION' up there? zOMG holy shit, could this mean that it's all a fabrication? YES BATMAN, IT DOES!

BOC
Sep 6, 2004, 03:18 PM
didn't they change the name of mailce to something along the lines of kats tale? i dunno it was supposed to be shite neway.

and yeah i remember picaso deathscythe. i remember one of the big game features was that you could use two pc monitors at once to play with one the actual game and the other to montior security cameras. can't say i was too broken up to see this one disappear, as i generally avoid stealth based games. especially the ones that dont encourage violence and death. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and i share your dreamcast pain. everytime a game was canned it was another kick in the face. to make matters worse we european gamers where generally riped off neway. no bomber man online, propeller arena or online versions of unreal tourney or outtrigger. and not to mention we only got pso v2 in march of 2002 when the rest of the damn world was beginning to give up. GAH!!!!

and another game i remember that slipped into obsecurity is x-com alliance. or was it called that. it was a fps neway where you could switch between team mates and cause mucho death. i'm not a fan of the series but i remember thinking this game had lots of potential.

PEACE!!!

Jason
Sep 6, 2004, 03:32 PM
On 2004-09-06 13:15, SpikeOtacon wrote:

On 2004-09-06 11:04, Jason wrote:

Wait wait wait...did I see the word 'OPINION' up there? zOMG holy shit, could this mean that it's all a fabrication? YES BATMAN, IT DOES!

It is an opinion I agree on, it is also a fact. The only differences that Master Quest have from Ocarina of Time are the puzzles of the dungeons, the locations of the Gold Skulltulas in the dunegons, and the Mirror Shield symbol. The red & green icons don't count as it came out on GC to match the colors of GC's A & B Button. Everything else are exactly the same. The dungeons of Master Quest are exactly the same as Ocarina of Time's, the storyline, and everything else. Not truly URA Zelda. Just a "2nd quest" like the original Legend of Zelda game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-09-06 13:42 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Sep 6, 2004, 03:41 PM
I haven't seen any official documents saying what URA Zelda was supposed to be. But The words that come from Miyamoto's mouth matter most. And the man says it is Ura Zelda. I go more by official statements than some stupid shit that you actually have nothing to back up.

Jason
Sep 6, 2004, 03:43 PM
I shall say no more. I would love to continue this, but I must go now.

Outrider
Sep 6, 2004, 03:54 PM
On 2004-09-06 13:41, SpikeOtacon wrote:
I haven't seen any official documents saying what URA Zelda was supposed to be. But The words that come from Miyamoto's mouth matter most. And the man says it is Ura Zelda. I go more by official statements than some stupid shit that you actually have nothing to back up.

The only official news I can recall about Ura Zelda was that it was going to be something extra. They never said anything besides that. Now, according to several sources, this extra "game" evolved into Majora's Mask when it was decided to scrap the game for the DD. When Master Quest came out on Gamecube, Miyamoto said that this was Ura Zelda. Sure, it may be contrary to a lot of speculation from back in the day, but unfortunately it's the only official statement there is, so it's what we have to accept.

OnnaWren
Sep 6, 2004, 09:47 PM
Things I would have loved to see (but haven't):

Killing Time for the PS or Saturn
A truly uncensored Skies of Arcadia
King of Fighters Kyo in English
True Fantasy Live Online for XBox
A numbered Phantasy Star sequel taking place in Algo
Another World Heroes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2004-09-06 19:48 ]</font>

Zzzzzz
Sep 6, 2004, 10:24 PM
On 2004-09-06 19:47, OnnaWren wrote:

A truly uncensored Skies of Arcadia

SoA was censored?
How so?

OnnaWren
Sep 6, 2004, 10:54 PM
What can I say, I like me grog and cigarettes... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And what happened to Aika at the hands of Viggoro was glossed over for the US audience, IMO... I can't believe that Vyse would ever let him join his crew after that (see also Legends)... >_<;

Jason
Sep 9, 2004, 08:39 AM
On 2004-09-06 13:54, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-09-06 13:41, SpikeOtacon wrote:

The only official news I can recall about Ura Zelda was that it was going to be something extra. They never said anything besides that. Now, according to several sources, this extra "game" evolved into Majora's Mask when it was decided to scrap the game for the DD. When Master Quest came out on Gamecube, Miyamoto said that this was Ura Zelda. Sure, it may be contrary to a lot of speculation from back in the day, but unfortunately it's the only official statement there is, so it's what we have to accept.

Thanks for filling in.

Firocket1690
Sep 9, 2004, 11:32 AM
wasnt star fox 2 supposedly released on snes ? egm siad something about being hard to mass produce wicked graphic thingimabobs used in the game.

Outrider
Sep 9, 2004, 12:12 PM
On 2004-09-09 09:32, Firocket1690 wrote:
wasnt star fox 2 supposedly released on snes ? egm siad something about being hard to mass produce wicked graphic thingimabobs used in the game.

Yup. There was originally supposed to be a Star Fox 2. My brother supposedly got a ROM of it, but it didn't work. And that's all I'll say on that.