PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Game char remakes in PSO

Shadowbreed
Sep 3, 2004, 04:16 PM
Since the Dc days I've always had a "Rei" From Evangelion and also a "M.Kusanagi" from Ghost in the shell

was wondering If anyone else here has done that for a char that they wanted EXCEPT DBZ chars .. uuugh lol

Butoden
Sep 3, 2004, 04:22 PM
Hmm...Nope. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I guess I'm kinda 'clean'.
Well Pride L. is actually from a series on TV, but not anime so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 04:24 PM
What do you mean? Are you talking about the name of your character.

I dont watch cartoons. I wouldnt even know where you watch those anime things.

Fireal
Sep 3, 2004, 04:26 PM
Well, if you care to journey online, you will see countless Alucard's, Inuyasha's and Rei's.

I did plan on making a Shinji (Thin HUmar, short brown hair, white costume) and Asuka (Red costume HUnewearl, Orange Hair, you get the idea)characters at some point, as they are painfully unapreciated.
But I never got around to it...
P.S Shinji > Rei

Shadowbreed
Sep 3, 2004, 04:29 PM
I meant Names as well as how the char looks,I was looking thru the char picture gallery and saw a few in there .. like a RAmar as the main char from Halflife (gordon?)..

Shadowbreed
Sep 3, 2004, 04:31 PM
I actually knew someone who had a Shinji and an Asuka ... as well as someone who had a RAcast named Shockwave lol..

EphekZ
Sep 3, 2004, 04:38 PM
well I usually use my made up name CLOD but with my lvl 48 HUmar i named him ZERO but anyways other than that I like using my own names not some jocks

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 04:41 PM
On 2004-09-03 14:26, Fireal wrote:
Well, if you care to journey online, you will see countless Alucard's, Inuyasha's and Rei's.

I did plan on making a Shinji (Thin HUmar, short brown hair, white costume) and Asuka (Red costume HUnewearl, Orange Hair, you get the idea)characters at some point, as they are painfully unapreciated.
But I never got around to it...
P.S Shinji > Rei

Yes ok then. What are Alucard's, Inuyasha's and Rei's????? I dont know how you guys even know about this stuff. I thought those weird cartoons were just for kids in Japan.

Fireal
Sep 3, 2004, 05:15 PM
Here's an idea:
www.google.com

Inuyasha is from aan anime show called...Inuyahsa I belive.
Alucard is from an anime show called Hellsing.
Shinji, Rei and Asuka are all from Neon Genesis: Evangeliion.

You're from UK, like me, we don't recive this stuff on TV.

RadiantLegend
Sep 3, 2004, 05:18 PM
Yue ying -(ramarl)- looks nothing like the game character (from dynasty warriors 4)

Hrith
Sep 3, 2004, 08:23 PM
I'm the pro of using names XD

Terra - Final Fantasy VI

Kefka - Final Fantasy VI

Hedoba - Shining Force III

Shione - Dragon Force

Aelia - Valkyrie Profile

Thousand - Shining Force III

My DC chars:
Deathbringer - Legend of Mana

Apharmd - Virtual On

Celes - Final Fantasy VI

Sayara
Sep 3, 2004, 10:09 PM
Don't forget Usada! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

She's the Star Wannabe in Digi Charat!

Twinkle c. (Chinkulu) is from Bust a Move 99

Bobble ala Bubble Bobble

Skorpius
Sep 3, 2004, 10:58 PM
Joanna Dark

My RAmarl <.<

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Characters/Joanna/jdark.png

Shintaro04
Sep 3, 2004, 11:03 PM
I make a HUnewearl looks like a main char. from Final Fantasy X-2.
Her name is Rikku, yellow cumstom ( the one with bikini looks), yellow hair.
She looks really sexy, just like the Rikku from the game! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shintaro04 on 2004-09-03 21:04 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Sep 3, 2004, 11:21 PM
Let's see, characters that sort of fit that:

Zero: Closest to the sin of that. Named after a character named after a character because an alternate universe version of him was named after another character. (Uh, that made no sense. What I'm saying is that Zero comes indirectly from Zero from Megaman X. A friend of mine used to write a character who used the pseudonym Rockman X in a multi-author fanfic/RPG-type thing. I wrote an alternate universe version of his character at one point who naturally got named Zero, and the PSO Zero was named for that character.

AMATERIA: Named after an AREA from a game, heh. Amateria is the name of one of the Ages in Myst III: Exile.

EOS, CALLIOPEIA, Persephone, Helios, etc: Greek myth.

ERI, Ariana, Ian-Kun X, Ian v2.0, Eolwyn, Fluffy, Kal'Roth-ylt, etc: Random originless names or made-up names. Eri in my fanfic has been punned to being named Eri Hito, however. This is only amusing because the way 'Elly' is written in katakana is romanized as ERI, and 'hito' means 'person'. XP

Tycho
Sep 4, 2004, 03:29 AM
On 2004-09-03 21:21, Ian-KunX wrote:
Let's see, characters that sort of fit that:

Eri in my fanfic has been punned to being named Eri Hito, however. This is only amusing because the way 'Elly' is written in katakana is romanized as ERI, and 'hito' means 'person'. XP

Hehe. The way I looked at it, 'person' they used as her last name in the JP version (didn't check, but I assume it's just katakana paason, was supposed to mean human, creating a contrast with with the inhuman Calus.

I'm pretty sure the Person name wasn't made at random, but then again, in episode 1 Elly used to be a newman. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh yeah. My Recaseal is named Chi. I know it should be Chii, but this was Redria, I was aiming for that. Anyway, I saw Elnoa looked really cool on a Racaseal, so I'd want that when it's possible, if it ever will be. Until then, Rati will have to do.
But anyway, Elenor with Elnoa reminded me of Chii with wings. And Chi meant blood, my Racaseal and her chair are red. Meh.

My Hucaseal is probably going to be named Homunculus. Thats what I want at least, but I still have to check if that's purplenum. Anyway, it's from Full Metal Alchemist. I'm into that atm, and it's not as unoriginal as taking names from Inu Yasha. So, in the series, Homunculus personify sin. They are the only ones who can't use alchemy (androids in pso), and most of the homunculus (/sins) are female in the series (compare with Genesis, the bible). So, it's gotta be a Caseal. And racaseal looks cute, so it's gotta be a hucaseal. The literal translation of Homunculus would be "small human". It's derived from the Latin Homo, meaning human. It's basically another form of the word, making it smaller than the original meaning. This would apply to the series as them being less than humans, not being able to use alchemy, and lacking a soul. Hucaseals don't have a soul either, can't use techs, and are regarded as worth less than humans (as explained in the history of the android massacre, PSO episode 3).

And I wanted to make a Hucaseal anyways. It kind of makes sense like this I think, at least I put more thought into it than those TJ Sephiroths. :/
It is still a lent name though I suppose.

And Ian, ya understand know why making a character takes more than 10 seconds for me? xD

Nai_Calus
Sep 4, 2004, 03:38 AM
Yeah, the name is ERI PAASON romanized. And she still is a Newman in Ep2, or did you just not notice the gigantic fucking ears sticking out of her head? XD Poor Calus, always getting dissed 'cause he's a computer. Hell, ELLY disses him. XD "I know it's silly, since he is a computer..." *snicker* Poor Calus. *hugs Calus*

Bah, if I need a character for like, cmode or something, I make something decent-looking real quick, or just hit A a few times until something doesn't suck too much. XP Slap a random shitty name like SSJAeris666 on it, and voila!

Blue-Hawk
Sep 4, 2004, 08:21 AM
On 2004-09-03 15:15, Fireal wrote:

I thought Alucard was from Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 08:31 AM
On 2004-09-03 15:15, Fireal wrote:
Here's an idea:
www.google.com

Inuyasha is from aan anime show called...Inuyahsa I belive.
Shinji, Rei and Asuka are all from Neon Genesis: Evangeliion.

You're from UK, like me, we don't recive this stuff on TV.

I dont care. I dont need to search for this rubbish. I already waste enough time without watching cartoons or whatever it is. Isnt it better to come up with original names anyway? I hate all the people walking round with names like Cloud and Sephiroth. This is PSO, not Final Fantasy. You just look like an obsessive freak when you name your game characters after characters from other games.

Tycho
Sep 4, 2004, 11:19 AM
On 2004-09-04 06:31, Asura_UK wrote:

I dont care. I dont need to search for this rubbish. I already waste enough time without watching cartoons or whatever it is. Isnt it better to come up with original names anyway? I hate all the people walking round with names like Cloud and Sephiroth. This is PSO, not Final Fantasy. You just look like an obsessive freak when you name your game characters after characters from other games.

Don't get the wrong idea. Some of those shows are actually more intelligent than j00. I'm not kidding.

Shadowbreed
Sep 4, 2004, 02:47 PM
On 2004-09-04 06:31, Asura_UK wrote:

I dont care. I dont need to search for this rubbish. I already waste enough time without watching cartoons or whatever it is. Isnt it better to come up with original names anyway?

rubbish ? hmmm I dont see how anyone who watched or read thru Evangelion could say it's rubbish.. not when you consider what the storyline is about ... Its amusing to know that ppl would say the same thing about video games and you'd prolly take offence to it *shrugs*

If your "wasting" your time perhaps you should give up video games .. It might free up some time where you wouldnt be wasting your time.

Lastly ppl identify with things they read and see,naming a char after another game/movie/anime char
it's just flattery to the game programmers who created them to begin with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowbreed on 2004-09-04 12:49 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 05:50 PM
Please dont be rude to me because I have negative opinions about something.

You can say you dont like something, but I wont direct insults at you because of it.

To the person who said I am not intelligent, you do not know me. Please dont make assumptions about me because I do not share your hobby.

I dont know what j00 means? Were you trying to say you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-04 15:55 ]</font>

Vielka
Sep 4, 2004, 06:38 PM
lol.. funny thing u made this thread. i wanted to start a HUcast for awhile now. I finally started one since i got online, and his name is Shinji. Its the closest i could get a HUcast to look like Evangelion unit 01 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sayara
Sep 4, 2004, 09:03 PM
Hmmm Marianna, a cheap way of trying to get a different ID for a Maria. Which is when i was on a Sonic Adventure 2 Kick.

Lina i've learned is from Slayers. so... hmm

and Scarlet Tear my Racassie has been called Dorthy a many time. oo?

opaopajr
Sep 4, 2004, 10:10 PM
I made Lum, from Urusei Yatsura. I made a hunewearl with the yellow tiger-print costume, greenish-blue hair, a pair of tempest daggers and religiously used only zonde-type attack spells. I also added cute little text-bubble shortcuts like, "Come back, Darling!" and "But darling, I love you. I want to marry you!"

if you seen and liked the show you'd dig it.

Elvendar
Sep 5, 2004, 02:30 AM
I had a RAcaseal named Blood. I took it from the title of the Blood: The last Vampire anime and manga.

Bladehunter
Sep 5, 2004, 02:02 PM
I had a char named Kagome from the Inuyasha Animé, white/lime suit, long black hair etc. The point was that I would use her in offline mode with three friendsand she would be so similar to the real Kagome from the Anime. which meant a newearl with a Holy ray as main weapon. lol. Anyway, she got replaced by a hucaseal called Celes from Final Fantasy VI.

My friend made a char called Inu-Yasha to match with Kagome and we made up a whole story about how they came to the PSO world. (If you wanna hear it, msg me.) He was the one who bored out and remade his costume, and later recreated the char.
He was lv 95 >.<

In my early days with a fake, constantly corrupting Memory card, I had numerous HUmars named Zack from Final Fantasy VII. They never made it to hard mode.

lancesomestuf
Sep 5, 2004, 02:08 PM
i made a sanouske character. humar white suit spikey red hair and a claymore