PDA

View Full Version : BLUE BURST IN USA!!!!!!

legolas_418
Sep 3, 2004, 04:44 PM
HEy yall. guess what? It has been announces that PSO Blue Burst May be released in the USA early-mid 05!!!
It will be fully translated and a new BlueBurst homepage is soon to be announced!! YAY!!

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 04:47 PM
On 2004-09-03 14:44, legolas_418 wrote:
HEy yall. guess what? It has been announces that PSO Blue Burst May be released in the USA early-mid 05!!!
It will be fully translated and a new BlueBurst homepage is soon to be announced!! YAY!!

May be? Where was this announced?

legolas_418
Sep 3, 2004, 04:49 PM
Sega Newsletter, Plus I saw a near totally translated version At E3

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 04:51 PM
What did you get that news in your email or is there a web page I can look at?

E3 was 4 months ago so if there was a translated version there we would already know about it.

TheOneHero
Sep 3, 2004, 04:57 PM

<_> I just hope this is true. Link please?

Zinger314
Sep 3, 2004, 05:13 PM
On 2004-09-03 14:49, legolas_418 wrote:
Sega Newsletter, Plus I saw a near totally translated version At E3

WHAT?!

I saw nothing related to PSOBB at E3...Are you sure you are not describing PSU?

I have a hard time believing this...and considering legolas's posting record, I think it's false.

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 05:17 PM
Well like I said, E3 was four months ago. We would have already known this for a long time if it were true.

Zinger314
Sep 3, 2004, 05:21 PM
On 2004-09-03 15:17, Asura_UK wrote:
Well like I said, E3 was four months ago. We would have already known this for a long time if it were true.

Damn right.

Plus, his proflie says he's 15. I doubt any 15 year old would be at E3. Wasn't E3 during the school years?

Eanae
Sep 3, 2004, 05:35 PM
Don't belive him. He claims to have hacked the blue burst server and uploaded a file that will crash the server. He wanted me to "help him" but I told him to screw off. I was going to nab his IP address to get to sonic team, but failed in doing so. This guy is a moron who brags about things he shouldnt brag about, and nor can he speak good english, never mind even read japanese. I suggest you block him on aim if he has spoken to you, and I certainly don't welcome any one who brags false information saying they hacked blue burst's servers to this site. I know saying this is flamming him, and post this knowing it, so if it gets me a warning, so be it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2004-09-03 15:44 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 05:38 PM
I would love an English language version of PSOBB because ill be finished with Episode I&II later this month. The Phantasy Star series are the only video games im really interested in playing with for any longer than an hour. Need a new one! Eanae I curse you with a warning!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-03 15:48 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Sep 3, 2004, 05:55 PM
even if it was true, noone would care by the time it was released. '05? jesus christ. face it people, even if it did happen, itd be too late

oh and:

STFU N00B!!!

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-09-03 15:55, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
even if it was true, noone would care by the time it was released. '05? jesus christ. face it people, even if it did happen, itd be too late

oh and:

STFU N00B!!!

Dude its 2005 in only four month time. Why wouldnt I care then? If they release anything that is slightly different to the one im playing now, im going to buy it.

Also, Final Fantasy XI is released for Europe later this month. Its basically an old game that was out in Japan more than 2 years ago, but im still buying it because I havent got it. I dont mind waiting for things. You get used to it when you live in Europe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-03 16:08 ]</font>

Eanae
Sep 3, 2004, 06:06 PM
On 2004-09-03 15:35, Eanae wrote:
Don't belive him.

It's a lie either way. Doesn't matter.

EphekZ
Sep 3, 2004, 06:16 PM
the only way I will believe is if I see a link to like a sonic team site saying it anything else i wont believe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2004-09-03 16:17 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-09-03 16:06, Eanae wrote:

On 2004-09-03 15:35, Eanae wrote:
Don't belive him.

It's a lie either way. Doesn't matter.

Well I find it very dissapointing because there are more than a few big improvements to PSO made in Blue Burst. They should be doing versions for other countries.

Perhaps they will transalte it to other languages when they have finished it (added on Cmode/Battle/ULT/the new level). It would make sense to have the whole thing ready, then ship it to America and Europe on discs.

I mean, at the moment you could see it as an incomplete trial version. They are probably just testing out the new stuff with the Japanese community, and when they have eliminated all the bugs it will go worldwide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-03 16:24 ]</font>

Eanae
Sep 3, 2004, 06:22 PM
I do believe the United States and Europe will get Blue burst. When? Once everything is released in the Japanese version. Think about it. Why go through the trouble of making two versions at once when you can do it all once and just translate it?

Eanae
Sep 3, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-09-03 16:28, Asura_UK wrote:

On 2004-09-03 16:22, Eanae wrote:
I do believe the United States and Europe will get Blue burst. When? Once everything is released in the Japanese version. Think about it. Why go through the trouble of making two versions at once when you can do it all once and just translate it?

Yeah thats it exactly. The current version isnt meant for us anyway. They are just testing it with the Japanese. If the full version does come out for US/EU next year, you are probably going to have to start over again with a new charcter anyway.

Who says I'd leave the japanese version? n00b free's the way to be >_>

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 06:28 PM

Yeah thats it exactly. The current version isnt meant for us anyway. They are just testing it with the Japanese. If the full version does come out for US/EU next year, you are probably going to have to start over again with a new character anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-03 16:29 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 06:33 PM
On 2004-09-03 16:28, Eanae wrote:

Yeah thats it exactly. The current version isnt meant for us anyway. They are just testing it with the Japanese. If the full version does come out for US/EU next year, you are probably going to have to start over again with a new charcter anyway.

Well I dont know about you but I would feel stupid playing that version if I could get an English one. I downloaded BB JP but only played it once. What level are you up to now?

Eanae
Sep 3, 2004, 06:37 PM
On 2004-09-03 16:33, Asura_UK wrote:

On 2004-09-03 16:28, Eanae wrote:

Well I dont know about you but I would feel stupid playing that version if I could get an English one. I downloaded BB JP but only played it once. What level are you up to now?

Levels 51 and 15 x_x

Asura_UK
Sep 3, 2004, 06:47 PM
Oh right you're doing quite well then. Im happy to just keep playing my XBOX version until something else comes along. More info on PSU some time soon would be great.

Eanae
Sep 3, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-09-03 16:47, Asura_UK wrote:
Oh right you're doing quite well then. Im happy to just keep playing my XBOX version until something else comes along. More info on PSU some time soon would be great.

Indeed it would u_u

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 3, 2004, 09:04 PM
Message from Armion I got back at the start of August when the August 28th rumor was on.

At this time, PSO BB for US side is being reviewed. This rumor is just that a rumor. The next Phantasy Star Online title being released during this time frame is Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II Plus on August 24 with the in store date of August 25. By checking the Sega US index, you can see which titles are coming and which are already released.

Mind you, this doesn't mean that Blue Burst will never be released for US players, it may just be delayed. Keep your fingers crossed.

So they are at least looking at the idea of doing it...

Getintothegame
Sep 3, 2004, 11:43 PM
Mind you, this doesn't mean that Blue Burst will never be released for US players, it may just be delayed. Keep your fingers crossed.

That seems to make me think that it will eventually happen, eh?

FOwnage
Sep 4, 2004, 09:55 AM
PSO Blue Burst WAS at E3. I tried Both, PSO BB AND saw a demo of PSOU

Zinger314
Sep 4, 2004, 11:55 AM
On 2004-09-04 07:55, FOwnage wrote:
PSO Blue Burst WAS at E3. I tried Both, PSO BB AND saw a demo of PSOU

Hmm...a person that just registered today says that PSOBB was at E3, going against the thoughts of many others.

*is skeptical*

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 12:07 PM
Haha. Well whether or not it comes out, im getting Final Fantasy XI + Rise of Zilart + Chains of Promethia in two weeks time so ill be off PSO and onto that game.

Eanae
Sep 4, 2004, 12:29 PM
On 2004-09-04 10:07, Asura_UK wrote:
Haha. Well whether or not it comes out, im getting Final Fantasy XI + Rise of Zilart + Chains of Promethia in two weeks time so ill be off PSO and onto that game.

been there, played that, got bored with it after not even a week. The game's just the same thing over and over and over. Of course pso is the same way, but it's just addictive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 12:46 PM
On 2004-09-04 10:29, Eanae wrote:

On 2004-09-04 10:07, Asura_UK wrote:

been there, played that, got bored with it after not even a week. The game's just the same thing over and over and over. Of course pso is the same way, but it's just addictive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Oh right. Well I hope I like it. Havent played it before. Will atleast keep me busy until Blue Burst is (maybe) released.

Tycho
Sep 4, 2004, 12:49 PM
Hehe. To avoid getting lazy, I always have my game (gc) on JP settings. Wait, except on my other memory cards, but I don't play those as much by far.

If it's a lie: why would I care if only people could play it who have managed learning to read kana? I think there'd be less stoopid spammy people that way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ah well, I don't even play BB. I'm happy some BB'ers are back on GC atm, because of the new quests.

Zarode
Sep 4, 2004, 12:51 PM
PSO:BB should just stay JP only. -.-; Because I am on a team of English. Half the members know Japanese, so I am not missing anything, they just tell me the facts I need to know to do anything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I still don't know why you guys won't play BB because it is in JP. You guys are just plain dumb I guess. [/semiflaming, I guess]

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 01:10 PM
On 2004-09-04 10:51, Zarode wrote:
PSO:BB should just stay JP only. -.-; Because I am on a team of English. Half the members know Japanese, so I am not missing anything, they just tell me the facts I need to know to do anything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I still don't know why you guys won't play BB because it is in JP. You guys are just plain dumb I guess. [/semiflaming, I guess]

No need for flaming mate. You could have gone without calling us dumb.

In my opinion it would be dumb to play a Japanese game when you dont know the language. I prefer to play the games I can understand thankyou.

Zarode
Sep 4, 2004, 01:13 PM
-.-; It was a joke! If it wasn't, I wouldn't have put http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif in there...

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 01:20 PM
On 2004-09-04 11:13, Zarode wrote:
-.-; It was a joke! If it wasn't, I wouldn't have put http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif in there...

Good good. I think theres nothing more to say on this topic.

Eanae
Sep 4, 2004, 01:38 PM
On 2004-09-04 11:10, Asura_UK wrote:

In my opinion it would be dumb to play a Japanese game when you dont know the language. I prefer to play the games I can understand thankyou.

I think it's more the fact of iggnorance why people don't play BB. I'm too lazy to be bothered to figure something out even though the game is 10 times better than the x-box and gc version combined, and is hack free. If you don;t have the menus memorized by now, all i have to say to you is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif. Don't say something about it and it's players until you've actually tried it. If you don't like it, then go back to playing with level 1 HUmars with T-J Swords with 300% hit.

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 05:40 PM
On 2004-09-04 11:38, Eanae wrote:

I think it's more the fact of iggnorance why people don't play BB. I'm too lazy to be bothered to figure something out even though the game is 10 times better than the x-box and gc version combined, and is hack free. If you don;t have the menus memorized by now, all i have to say to you is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif. Don't say something about it and it's players until you've actually tried it. If you don't like it, then go back to playing with level 1 HUmars with T-J Swords with 300% hit.

Oh no please dont do this. I just came back to my computer and there are people getting angry at me in every topic ive posted in.

Look my opinion on Blue Burst is: im up to L194 on the XBOX game now, so I want to finish that one off before I think about playing with Blue Burst. I know the Gamecube and Xbox games are corrupt, but I play mostly offline now to avoid the cheaters.

Second, Blue Burst is Japan only and isnt meant for us. Im sure dedicated players like you dont mind the small inconvenience of menus and items being Japanese, but it bothers me. I would rather be patient and see if they do an English translation of the game. Im not being lazy or ignorant. Im sure I could get used to the JP version if I wanted to, but I dont want to. I dont have to play it if I dont want to.

Corey
Sep 4, 2004, 05:56 PM
On 2004-09-04 15:40, Asura_UK wrote:

Oh no please dont do this. I just came back to my computer and there are people getting angry at me in every topic ive posted in.

Look my opinion on Blue Burst is: im up to L194 on the XBOX game now, so I want to finish that one off before I think about playing with Blue Burst. I know the Gamecube and Xbox games are corrupt, but I play mostly offline now to avoid the cheaters.

Second, Blue Burst is Japan only and isnt meant for us. Im sure dedicated players like you dont mind the small inconvenience of menus and items being Japanese, but it bothers me. I would rather be patient and see if they do an English translation of the game. Im not being lazy or ignorant. Im sure I could get used to the JP version if I wanted to, but I dont want to. I dont have to play it if I dont want to.

Forgive me for being a moron, but I thought you just said it was coming soon...?

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 05:58 PM
What's coming soon?

Eanae
Sep 4, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-09-04 15:40, Asura_UK wrote:

My remark wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at BB skeptics in general.

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 06:02 PM
Ok Eanae

Corey
Sep 4, 2004, 06:07 PM
>____< Sorry Asura I thought YOU actually made the comment of this ^.^'
carry on...

EJ
Sep 4, 2004, 08:24 PM
It wouldn't matter to me if the translation version of BB comes out because I would still stick with the jp version. It's basically the same thing and I'm not really missing out on anything that I can't translate my self http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

shingo
Sep 5, 2004, 08:01 PM
personallly they might realese it in a year or two like like pso+.also when psu comes out they will be no need to play blue burst and ep 1&2 because it well have probaly have everything. so cant we all just get along

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-09-05 18:03 ]</font>

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 04:03 AM
Personaly i agree with Asura_UK, But for a difrent reason also... Im lazy... I must be the lazyest man on earth... I dont want to learn... Wait I shouldent have to learn another language to play a video game... To me, theres no logic to it... Sure if the game never comes out to EU and US then i might check out the jap version... but i doubt i will like it... Something about 20% of the game is reading and reading item names... It will just bother me to hell... So yeah... Im Lazy, maybe im just not hardcore enuff, I dont even have online with my GC i just play offline multi... Its fun with no hacking! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarode
Sep 6, 2004, 05:13 AM
You know, this is kinda one of those stupid moments, when you find out that I, Zarode, don't know Japanese, yet, I, still play the game. Join a team that has some English people that know Japanese. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Like the brotherhood.

PJ
Sep 6, 2004, 08:19 AM
On 2004-09-06 02:03, Link_Dead wrote:
Personaly i agree with Asura_UK, But for a difrent reason also... Im lazy... I must be the lazyest man on earth... I dont want to learn... Wait I shouldent have to learn another language to play a video game... To me, theres no logic to it... Sure if the game never comes out to EU and US then i might check out the jap version... but i doubt i will like it... Something about 20% of the game is reading and reading item names... It will just bother me to hell... So yeah... Im Lazy, maybe im just not hardcore enuff, I dont even have online with my GC i just play offline multi... Its fun with no hacking! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Most people who play BB are people who have played PSO before (If not all the people)

Anyone who's played PSO knows very well it's addictedness http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And anyone who has played for over 100 hours at least should have the menus drilled into their heads =/

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 12:03 PM
On 2004-09-05 18:01, shingo wrote:
personallly they might realese it in a year or two like like pso+.also when psu comes out they will be no need to play blue burst and ep 1&2 because it well have probaly have everything. so cant we all just get along

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-09-05 18:03 ]</font>

Well we dont know what kind of content is in PSU. There is no actual gameplay footage or details yet, so it could be anything. Might be a crazy dancing game for all you know. Anyway I think it will be very different to PSOBB, in which case it would be a good idea to get them both.

Para
Sep 6, 2004, 12:39 PM
Once I saw this topic title, I'm like
"yeah right.... (sarcasmx1000000000)"

Calibur
Sep 6, 2004, 01:13 PM
There is no actual gameplay footage or details yet, so it could be anything.

yeah about that ,I think if you look closely on the background of the trailer you can see actual game play the character running and fighting like the old pso but faster...but I might be wrong.

by the way im talking about PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2004-09-06 11:18 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-09-06 11:13, Calibur wrote:

There is no actual gameplay footage or details yet, so it could be anything.

yeah about that ,I think if you look closely on the background of the trailer you can see actual game play the character running and fighting like the old pso but faster...but I might be wrong.

by the way im talking about PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2004-09-06 11:18 ]</font>

Thanks for the info. You might be right. I just saw near the beginning of the trailer, something that looks like gameplay footage. Very opaque and brief though. I bloody hope its like EP1/2 and BB. I lost a little respect when EP3 came out with the card battle system.

EDIT: Yep definately right. Im sure I saw a female hunter smack away a bunch of new enemies with a big red sword. Better graphics, animation and its faster. I guess there is gameplay footage of PSU then. Just a few seconds teaser though. Looks like you might be able to rotate the camera around your character aswell now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 11:42 ]</font>

Calibur
Sep 6, 2004, 02:41 PM
gameplay footage. Very opaque and brief though.

I think they did that on purpose ,you know game company's they don't like us to see much until the game is near release....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2004-09-06 12:59 ]</font>

KaneKahn
Sep 6, 2004, 03:10 PM
On 2004-09-03 14:57, TheOneHero wrote:

<_> I just hope this is true. Link please?

I hope this ins't true >_< Cause English game means more English players English players mean more Anime n00bs and more chances for people how will try and hack this game...

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 03:30 PM
I hope this ins't true >_< Cause English game means more English players English players mean more Anime n00bs and more chances for people how will try and hack this game...

Releasing it in more languages will expand the number of players which I think is a good thing. Its up to Sonic Team to keep it more secure and deal with hackers. It shouldnt not be released in a whole continent because they are scared that some people might try to hack it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 13:32 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Sep 6, 2004, 03:58 PM
Aww man, someone broke the tread >_<

Anyway, a game would get hacked eventually, no matter what the language they're in. And Sonic Team should be able to patch what others hack in the game, much like they have been doing so far.

I do think it'd be nice to have a PC version for the US, since some people can't get a Gamecube, Xbox, or Dreamcast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-09-06 14:01 ]</font>

shingo
Sep 6, 2004, 04:21 PM
people say ff11 will never be hacke but eventually it just like blue burst. they have those people who watch out for hacked crap but they will get past those people
soon anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-09-06 14:23 ]</font>

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 06:32 PM
Bringing up FF11 is useless... because most MMORPGs are unhackable... Ever try EQ? only way to cheat is find a bug... and if you use the bug... you get banned. Anyway, for those people who said that US players are NOOBs... Just move to japan and live there... if you hate us so much never come back because i for one dont want you here... nuff said

oh and BTW... Ive been playing PSO since its US release... Online within the first week, not all US players are hackers... In fact on the old US DC severs i was only hacked by JAP players...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Link_Dead on 2004-09-06 16:36 ]</font>

Eanae
Sep 6, 2004, 07:03 PM
i shall tell you a story of FFXI and GM's, and how seriously they take this game. There was the friend of someone I know threatening people, and badmouthing the GM's in the middle of Windurst. For those of you who don't know what a GM can do, let me explain it to you. They can read what you're typing, as you're typing it. They can change anything in this game, at will. They run around as normal characters, so you'll never know when a GM is around. Well anyways, this guy knew he'd be in for it. So he goes, being a smart ass, "You know, I bet there are mosters sitting out there waiting for me." Low and behold, 3 shadow dragons and 2 giga's sitting there, waiting. He runs out anyways. His friend asks him, where's his homepoint. Being a dumbass, he tells him. the gm's change it on him. He winds up on the othr side of the world. Square Enix is fucking serious about everything, no matter how little. People get paid by the hour just to watch the ip and server logs. FFXI, when hacked by someone, will immedietly take action, the second it happens. So really, FFXI, will never become a PSO, or Diablo situation.

Corey
Sep 6, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-09-06 17:03, Eanae wrote:
i shall tell you a story of FFXI and GM's, and how seriously they take this game. There was the friend of someone I know threatening people, and badmouthing the GM's in the middle of Windurst. For those of you who don't know what a GM can do, let me explain it to you. They can read what you're typing, as you're typing it. They can change anything in this game, at will. They run around as normal characters, so you'll never know when a GM is around. Well anyways, this guy knew he'd be in for it. So he goes, being a smart ass, "You know, I bet there are mosters sitting out there waiting for me." Low and behold, 3 shadow dragons and 2 giga's sitting there, waiting. He runs out anyways. His friend asks him, where's his homepoint. Being a dumbass, he tells him. the gm's change it on him. He winds up on the othr side of the world. Square Enix is fucking serious about everything, no matter how little. People get paid by the hour just to watch the ip and server logs. FFXI, when hacked by someone, will immedietly take action, the second it happens. So really, FFXI, will never become a PSO, or Diablo situation.

Just
Wish
ST
was
that

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 07:28 PM
Damn right. Square-Enix are the most talented RPG makers in the world and Final Fantasy, in my opinion is the best video games series. I would put Phantasy Star in second. Hacks everywhere (except Blue Burst), and infrequent updates.

Final Fantasy XI is relatively new by comparison, but already has two major updates - Rise of Zilart, and later this month, Chains of Promethia. They are just more serious than Sonic Team. With Final Fantasy XII coming first half 2005, its a good time to be a Final Fantasy fan. Im going to love that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 18:51 ]</font>

vdechpokket
Sep 6, 2004, 09:06 PM
On 2004-09-06 17:28, Asura_UK wrote:
Damn right. Square-Enix are the most talented RPG makers in the world and Final Fantasy, in my opinion is the best video games series. I would put Phantasy Star in second. Hacks everywhere (except Blue Burst), and infrequent updates.

Final Fantasy XI is relatively new by comparison, but already has two major updates - Rise of Zilart, and later this month, Chains of Promethia. They are just more serious than Sonic Team. With Final Fantasy XII coming first half 2005, its a good time to be a Final Fantasy fan. Im going to love that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 18:51 ]</font>

don't you think final fantasy series is just good to watch the CG rather than the game play though, it's way too easy and the battle system is never really that good, i would say DQ series has the best Game play, PSO is still one of my favourite, you can play it for 1000s of hours but you can't do the same for FF

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 09:19 PM
On 2004-09-06 19:06, vdechpokket wrote:

don't you think final fantasy series is just good to watch the CG rather than the game play though, it's way too easy and the battle system is never really that good, i would say DQ series has the best Game play, PSO is still one of my favourite, you can play it for 1000s of hours but you can't do the same for FF

Yeah you're right, the CG in Final Fantasy games is awesome. Thats why they are making movies aswell now. The battle systems are quite good. I like the way they do something different in each game in the series without ruining it. There definatley hasnt been any bad ones.

PSO was my fave around the Dreamcast days, but im finding the GC/XBOX games just arent up to scratch. There are loads of bugs and it crashes often. They took a chance trying something different with EP3 and it turned out to be rubbish (my opinion). Maybe PSU can turn things around (I think it will).

vdechpokket
Sep 6, 2004, 11:22 PM
On 2004-09-06 19:19, Asura_UK wrote:

Yeah you're right, the CG in Final Fantasy games is awesome. Thats why they are making movies aswell now. The battle systems are quite good. I like the way they do something different in each game in the series without ruining it. There definatley hasnt been any bad ones.

PSO was my fave around the Dreamcast days, but im finding the GC/XBOX games just arent up to scratch. There are loads of bugs and it crashes often. They took a chance trying something different with EP3 and it turned out to be rubbish (my opinion). Maybe PSU can turn things around (I think it will).

i haven't try ep3 myself so i wouldn't know and i wont want to comment on it, since GC/XBox has so much bugs, why don't you play BB? there are some, but since ST can update the patch all the time, they ought to fix it sooner or later. ^ ^

Asura_UK
Sep 7, 2004, 11:07 AM
On 2004-09-06 21:22, vdechpokket wrote:

On 2004-09-06 19:19, Asura_UK wrote:

i haven't try ep3 myself so i wouldn't know and i wont want to comment on it, since GC/XBox has so much bugs, why don't you play BB? there are some, but since ST can update the patch all the time, they ought to fix it sooner or later. ^ ^

No its like I said earlier, im not playing BB because its Japanese. Ill wait to see if there is an English version in the works.

I just discovered its actually my Xbox that is making me crash, not so much the game. Its too old and worn from heavy use for 30 months.

therealAERO
Sep 8, 2004, 10:01 PM
I can easily say that the only pso related material at e3 that I saw was Phantasy Star Universe while I was watching beside Yuji naka. He would not talk to me he made me watch PSU trailer before he would sign any autographs or even start a conversation. The sad thing is that barely anyone at Sega's booth knew who he was. Anyway I screamed like a girl when the showed what it was. ^_^