PDA

View Full Version : Your ideas of a quest?

Shadowpawn
Sep 3, 2004, 07:13 PM
If you can make a quest in PSO? How would it be, who would be in it? Would it continue the story or be independent? What reward would you put in? Discuss...

Nai_Calus
Sep 3, 2004, 07:48 PM
A sequel to Seat of the Heart. >_<

Saiffy
Sep 3, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-09-03 17:48, Ian-KunX wrote:
A sequel to Seat of the Heart. >_<

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif and a good Restspective Tomorrow

Seval
Sep 4, 2004, 09:08 AM
Any quest in EP2... And maybe more that just have one type of enemy, like fake in yellow.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 4, 2004, 09:15 AM
Use Episode I&II and Episode III in a way to throw the character that is being used into a time warp between the two games and while the main quest is to help get the character back home, many new weapons can be acquired and old and new faces are found again.

Now here's thing. While the player is doing the quest, nothing else is allowed, the quest sequence must be completed successfully before the player can play anything else again, as a special flag will be placed on the Hunters License, this flag would prevent going into other created games already and would prevent them from doing anything else but continueing the quest and no one would be able to join a flagged HLs games. (this flag would apply for both online and offline mode, and would be used to help keep the reality of the quest alive.)

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 09:27 AM
Nope. Realistically the most popular quest would be a big room that keeps spawning the same enemy type. ie. several thousand waves of tollaws. There needs to be a fast way to level up like this. No one cares about the storyline quests, they just hammer the A button to skip all the text. PSO isnt about story to me.

Tact
Sep 4, 2004, 09:33 AM
I have one: Everybody dies, the end. Well, really, I would like another Mome quest (I bet some of you are screaming right now), where Mome dies.

EDIT: The reward: wouldn't Mome's death be enough?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-09-04 07:34 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 09:36 AM
On 2004-09-04 07:33, tactician7777 wrote:
I have one: Everybody dies, the end. Well, really, I would like another Mome quest (I bet some of you are screaming right now), where Mome dies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-09-04 07:34 ]</font>

I dont even know what a Mome is mate.

Seriously though if you are talking about quests, you just need one that gets you loads of EXP fast. Like I said, just a room that keeps spawning enemies so you dont waste time running about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-04 07:42 ]</font>

Saiffy
Sep 4, 2004, 10:24 AM
On 2004-09-04 07:27, Asura_UK wrote:
Nope. Realistically the most popular quest would be a big room that keeps spawning the same enemy type. ie. several thousand waves of tollaws. There needs to be a fast way to level up like this. No one cares about the storyline quests, they just hammer the A button to skip all the text. PSO isnt about story to me.

Holy assuptiuon batman! Seriously, play SotH and read the story, better yet do one of the subplots to. Then you'll think differently

The reward: wouldn't Mome's death be enough?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2004-09-04 08:28 ]</font>

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 10:40 AM
Ill check that one in a minute.

The one we all do here is Towards The Future because thats the best way to get experience for us. Please dont say Batman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-04 08:46 ]</font>

Solstis
Sep 4, 2004, 11:03 AM

Yes... it would.

*drools*

Tycho
Sep 4, 2004, 11:17 AM
Seat of the Heart with subplot is the only real plot quest online. Soul of Steel with subplot is likewise for offline.

I'd like a third quest like that. The ones in Ep3 I've seen are all lame excuses for a card battle.

But for non subplot. Yes, I would like an "omg youre in a room with 10 spawns of 100 enemies of any one same type you choose" too. That'd rock. Bringers and Meric*** would be hard though. O.O;

Asura_UK
Sep 4, 2004, 11:59 AM
On 2004-09-04 09:17, Tycho wrote:
Seat of the Heart with subplot is the only real plot quest online. Soul of Steel with subplot is likewise for offline.

I'd like a third quest like that. The ones in Ep3 I've seen are all lame excuses for a card battle.

But for non subplot. Yes, I would like an "omg youre in a room with 10 spawns of 100 enemies of any one same type you choose" too. That'd rock. Bringers and Meric*** would be hard though. O.O;

Exactly. If you could choose the enemy then everyone would be on it because you would eventually find the rare drop off that enemy. Wouldnt like to be caught up with a thousand ob lillies though. I just tried Seat of the Heart and I was getting really angry with the constant stopping and starting. I just like quick and simple quests.

Saiffy
Sep 4, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-09-04 09:59, Asura_UK wrote:

On 2004-09-04 09:17, Tycho wrote:

Exactly. If you could choose the enemy then everyone would be on it because you would eventually find the rare drop off that enemy. Wouldnt like to be caught up with a thousand ob lillies though. I just tried Seat of the Heart and I was getting really angry with the constant stopping and starting. I just like quick and simple quests.

If ST added a quest like that they would probablly make it so monsters don't drop rares. Admit it, that would be just boring and cheap for rares

Fireal
Sep 4, 2004, 03:21 PM
Name: Sinow Attack!
Story: A large group of Sinows has gathered on Gal Da Val Island, stopping our researchers from researching.
The researches have infected the programming of the Sinows, making them more vulnerable to attacks.
Go help the researchers!

Quest: Set in CCA, the main enemies are Sinow Zeles and Berills, however, due to the infection given from the researchers, they are easier to kill than normal.
it involves getting into the completing the walkways, to get into the Seabed.
Then getting the majority of the way through the Seabed, until you have stopped all the Sinows.

Uber good for rare hunting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Sep 4, 2004, 03:28 PM
LOST LORD'S MECHGUN
Retrieve a weapon from a Dark Falz!!!!

Corey
Sep 4, 2004, 06:17 PM
I was about to correct you on a Dark Falz thing, but I forgot the english was sloppy.

and you can create your own quests on PC...

Well, edit the crap out of existing quests on PC...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Only offline ones sadly...

Sayara
Sep 4, 2004, 09:08 PM
I'd like another quest with Montague and Elnore again. Like in The Soul of Seal. But with more Stay with the team action!

(Drools over Monty's Bringer Rifle)

"...and simply speaking, i am a genius. Ha ha ha."

Jason
Sep 5, 2004, 12:14 AM
On 2004-09-04 19:08, Tingle wrote:
I'd like another quest with Montague and Elnore again. Like in The Soul of Seal. But with more Stay with the team action!

(Drools over Monty's Bringer Rifle)

"...and simply speaking, i am a genius. Ha ha ha."

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Yeah, ditto. Some quests with them was fun indeed.

Jasam
Sep 5, 2004, 09:32 AM
A ep 2 TTF (RT dosn't count) it would be as fast, cause you to fight all 3 sub bosses, and it wouldn't have the bugs, prize(s) redring (on SS) and possible olga drop (dna)

RelaxedGamer
Sep 5, 2004, 01:34 PM
How about a quest where you fight all the bosses, one right after another, with some cool flashbacks, and some comic scenes EPIII style, and the last fight will be great. Okay, now listen carefully, this parts important you fight Dark Falz and Olga Flow, at the same time!

Dhylec
Sep 5, 2004, 02:09 PM
RelaxedGamer wrote:
this parts important you fight Dark Falz and Olga Flow, at the same time!

heh, dream on.. or wait for pso ep3 1/2 >.>
some might consider ult falz and olga easy, but fighting both at once is suicidal

ADUCKI-Sempai
Sep 5, 2004, 03:43 PM
Name: Legend- The Rough Wave

Story: A hystorian believes that ragol is the setting of an old Coral prophecy. Break through the night and find the Rough Wave.

Quest: Set in the Gal Da Val Islands. The hystorian sends you to get some data from the seabed to make sure that the islands are similar to the ones in the legend. The seabed is being over run by enemies, mainly Delbiters. After getitng the data, you are teleported to Seaside, something strange is happening as lighting and strange sparkles fall from the night sky. The beach is over run by Ill Gills and Gees. After fighting many enemies you teleport to another part of the beach and you are are forced to fight a large group of subbosses. As they die, lighting falls in great amounts from the sky and a DelRolLie appears, you see it swim off into the ocean. Return to the historian who then tells you the legend and says he now knows that it was just a legend.

Subquest(Black Paper): At the beginning of the quest you can meet Pagginni, who tells you he is looking for something that may be located in the seaside. If you do this you should be able to find a piece of DelRolLie's skin if you return to the starting part of Seaside, after killed every enemy without having any teammates die. Go back to pioneer 2 and you should see Kireek there. Kireek takes the skin from you and then rank you on your time, if you did good enough he will reward you with a Black Ring, or if you had already gotten 1 from him he will give you 3 lucky coins.

Shadowpawn
Sep 5, 2004, 03:55 PM
On 2004-09-05 13:43, ADUCKI-Sempai wrote:

Story: A hystorian believes that ragol is the setting of an old Coral prophecy. Break through the night and find the Rough Wave.

Quest: Set in the Gal Da Val Islands. The hystorian sends you to get some data from the seabed to make sure that the islands are similar to the ones in the legend. The seabed is being over run by enemies, mainly Delbiters. After getitng the data, you are teleported to Seaside, something strange is happening as lighting and strange sparkles fall from the night sky. The beach is over run by Ill Gills and Gees. After fighting many enemies you teleport to another part of the beach and you are are forced to fight a large group of subbosses. As they die, lighting falls in great amounts from the sky and a DelRolLie appears, you see it swim off into the ocean. Return to the historian who then tells you the legend and says he now knows that it was just a legend.

Subquest(Black Paper): At the beginning of the quest you can meet Pagginni, who tells you he is looking for something that may be located in the seaside. If you do this you should be able to find a piece of DelRolLie's skin if you return to the starting part of Seaside, after killed every enemy without having any teammates die. Go back to pioneer 2 and you should see Kireek there. Kireek takes the skin from you and then rank you on your time, if you did good enough he will reward you with a Black Ring, or if you had already gotten 1 from him he will give you 3 lucky coins.

That's a great idea for a quest.

modoru
Sep 5, 2004, 04:28 PM
On 2004-09-05 13:55, Shadowpawn wrote:

Yeah...cept for the black ring thing, I mean, Its been banned for soooo long -_-....Ah well

Shadowpawn
Sep 5, 2004, 04:33 PM
On 2004-09-05 14:28, FoxfireMaster wrote:

On 2004-09-05 13:55, Shadowpawn wrote:

Yeah...cept for the black ring thing, I mean, Its been banned for soooo long -_-....Ah well

Well the point of it being a quest is that item would be LEGAL. See...if it's obtain through a quest it's legal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-05 14:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-05 15:15 ]</font>

ADUCKI-Sempai
Sep 5, 2004, 04:43 PM
Eventually they will release black ring... well... hopefully.

Luis
Sep 6, 2004, 09:15 PM
i got an idea, a quest with only 2 enemies, first
dark falz, and then olga flow with the falz and olga drop rate enable!!!

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 09:29 PM
On 2004-09-06 19:15, Luis wrote:
i got an idea, a quest with only 2 enemies, first
dark falz, and then olga flow with the falz and olga drop rate enable!!!

Or Olga Flow, Dark Falz, and 18 rings of Ob Lillies in the same room. Plus freeze traps everywhere so you can hardly move. Sounds like fun.

OnnaWren
Sep 6, 2004, 09:34 PM
I'd like to see a quest that shoehorns in the Shiren Type-386 that they had meant to do from the beginning, but didn't, due to lack of time.

Finally, a concrete link between PSO and the main Phantasy Star series... the Ruins, a Worldship...

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 09:38 PM
What's Shiren Type-386?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 19:42 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Sep 6, 2004, 09:52 PM
Found in Phantasy Star III, "he" is the faithful Android companion to whatever generation of Orakian/half-Orakian royalty you're playing... see also the pic in my sig.

Type-386s were probably at one point common aboard the Algolian worldships, just not aboard the Alisa III, war having destroyed most of them, leaving only Shiren and Siren...

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 10:26 PM
On 2004-09-06 19:52, OnnaWren wrote:
Found in Phantasy Star III, "he" is the faithful Android companion to whatever generation of Orakian/half-Orakian royalty you're playing... see also the pic in my sig.

Type-386s were probably at one point common aboard the Algolian worldships, just not aboard the Alisa III, war having destroyed most of them, leaving only Shiren and Siren...

Ok thanks for info. Im the kind of person that skips all the dialog and goes off to fight the monsters. I should track down PSIII again and have another proper go at it one day.

Sharkyland
Sep 7, 2004, 01:08 PM
I agree with:

1) spawning of just one enemy
2) boss fights through both ep1 and ep2

I want to add:

1) Biochemical mishap: A biochemical radiation has affected a certain section of Ragol. You must go and defeat the menace before it spreads. (basically all you do is fight rare enemies, but I guess that would be kinda cheesy). :/

2) Something like Today's Rate. Feels like a sequel or something...