PDA

View Full Version : What you do with your spare money?

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 04:31 PM
A mom calls you to go babysit her daughter. You go and after 10 hours of work, you get yet another call from your neighboor to mow the lawn. After your done, your dad wants you to copy some files on the computer. You refuse but he offers money. After that's done, your mom wants you to take out the garbage and do the dishes. You accept because it's your mom right? no way, you need cash. She accepts and you do the work.

Now you got 50 bucks from babysitting, 10 bucks from your neighboor, 5 bucks from your dad, and another 5 dollars from your mom. That's 70$ total.

You have every console, every game, you rented (sp?) every movie (you hated them), you saw every movie in the theaters (you hated them), you have every clothes a guy your age would want, you went to the amusement park 1 million times (tired of it), and you need to spend the money the next day because if your mom cleans your room and sees the money, she'll rob you and never give it back again. And you cant put them in your pockets because you dont have any (go figure), nor in your bank, piggy bank, swiss account, that hidden place under your bed, or burn it with a lighter because your burns.

So what you do?

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 04:32 PM
go get a hooker http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-26 14:35 ]</font>

ragnar
Jun 26, 2002, 04:34 PM
i can answer that, you decide to join the gym and train really hard, but to get the max out training u need to supplement your diet and so u do and supplements cost alot

or you can get a girlfriend, girlfriends can get very expensive

or u can see a hooker.

there u go

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 04:36 PM
You give it to Abdur because he has things he can spend it on.

Anime, first two payments for my broadband, another X-box controller.

Or you could be a nice guy and go buy a poor person a nice meal.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 04:38 PM
On 2002-06-26 14:36, ABDUR101 wrote:
You give it to Abdur because he has things he can spend it on.

Anime, first two payments for my broadband, another X-box controller.

Or you could be a nice guy and go buy a poor person a nice meal.

dont give him all of it just give me $20 bucks and i'd be a happy camper

LollipopLolita
Jun 26, 2002, 04:48 PM
what i always do each month

http://wishlist.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search.programs.form.cgi

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/wish.cfm

Ziggy-san
Jun 26, 2002, 04:58 PM
*finds loophole*
Aaa, I would get my GBA colored Midnight Black and professionally installed with one of those backlit Afterburner kits. If I had any left, I'd go out and buy a few CDs and DVDs.

...oh wait...if we already had those things you mean? Aaa, I'd hide it in my mouth and save it for later. ^^

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 05:03 PM
*snaps fingers* missed those ziggy.

But you get my point...i hope O_o

LostHero
Jun 26, 2002, 05:09 PM
Give a homeless guy a cheeseburger...

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 05:10 PM
cut a pocket in your skin and save it for later lol

Ziggy-san
Jun 26, 2002, 05:12 PM
On 2002-06-26 15:10, XBOX_JEDI wrote:
cut a pocket in your skin and save it for later lol

Uhhm...oww? o.0

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 05:15 PM
$70 isn't very much.

Why can't the money be put in a bank account, though? Is it Voodoo money?

If it's Voodoo money, I'd rather just drop it on the street and have someone else deal with the problems and curses it would cause.

jazzyfox
Jun 26, 2002, 05:19 PM
Beer.

No matter how much money you have, it's always enough for beer. Even if it's a fo'ty of Miller High Life.

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 05:19 PM
On 2002-06-26 15:15, watashiwa wrote:
$70 isn't very much.

Why can't the money be put in a bank account, though? Is it Voodoo money?

If it's Voodoo money, I'd rather just drop it on the street and have someone else deal with the problems and curses it would cause.

I'm just putting you into a situation where you couldn't, and that you'd have to use it for something. If i'd just ask "what would you do with your spare cash" people would probably be screaming "save up for future games", or similar stuff, which is what i NOT do with my spare money...

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 05:31 PM
On 2002-06-26 15:19, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
I'm just putting you into a situation where you couldn't, and that you'd have to use it for something.

Why couldn't you put it in the bank?! What's stopping you?!

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 05:32 PM
On 2002-06-26 15:31, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-06-26 15:19, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
I'm just putting you into a situation where you couldn't, and that you'd have to use it for something.

Why couldn't you put it in the bank?! What's stopping you?!

*sigh*

nevermind.

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 05:43 PM
Damn straight because it makes no goddamn sense!

jazzyfox
Jun 26, 2002, 05:43 PM
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must ask the question!

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 06:01 PM
I never said it made sense, and i didn't oblige it to make sense either! nor did i oblige you to post in a topic you don't like to post in!

If you can't respect the topic i make without asking questions like "why this" or "why that", then why post in it when you know i don't give a rat's ass about answering those?

Now please, i don't want this topic to be hated or turn into a flame wars. If you wanna talk about it PM me, but just don't ask me "why?"

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 06:02 PM
u could put a security system in ur room

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-26 16:03 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 06:05 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:01, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Now please, i don't want this topic to be hated or turn into a flame wars. If you wanna talk about it PM me, but just don't ask me "why?"

Motherfucking whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! TELL ME!!! YOU DIDN'T SAY I COULDN'T ASK IN THE ORIGINAL POST ON THIS THREAD!!! ARGGGGGGGGH!

Xerin
Jun 26, 2002, 06:10 PM
why would you want to spend it?

couldn't you just put it in the bank.. I mean if you go blowing money like that nowonder 70 dollars mean so much to you.

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 06:11 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:10, Xerin wrote:
couldn't you just put it in the bank.. I mean if you go blowing money like that nowonder 70 dollars mean so much to you.

Exactly!!!!!!!! Jesus, someone who thinks!

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 06:12 PM
give it to me since u cant use it then i would have 100 bucks

Xerin
Jun 26, 2002, 06:14 PM
wata you take your 70 dollars and pay me to give you my 70 dollars, then we can go put it in the bank and get intrest on it..

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 06:15 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:12, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

THE MONEY IS CURSED!! It's the VOODOO MONEY!

YOU DON'T WANT IT, TRUST ME.

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 06:16 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:14, Xerin wrote:
... then we can go put it in the bank and get intrest on it..

The money's cursed anyway. Didn't you HEAR?

Xerin
Jun 26, 2002, 06:19 PM
fine i'll give my 70 dollars to a voodoo whore to get your 70 dollars uncursed, then we split it and put it in the bank

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 06:25 PM
God damn, just hide the money under your mattress and quit bitching about what to spend it on. You fucking killed any chance of anyone being able to TELL you what to spend it on because you already said you have everything. Thus why I said give it to a poor person, buy someone a nice meal, spend it on someone other than your well seated ass.

You're getting mad at people for telling you to put it in the bank and SAVE it, which is the only place it would be safe from your evil theif of a mother appearently, unless you give it to someone else!

nurnurnur

*EDIT*
In one thread you're bitching about not knowing what to do with $70 and in another you're bitching that a game is too expensive. pfft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-06-26 16:28 ]</font>

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 06:44 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:15, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-06-26 16:12, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

THE MONEY IS CURSED!! It's the VOODOO MONEY!

YOU DON'T WANT IT, TRUST ME.

whats the worst that could happen???

Xerin
Jun 26, 2002, 07:08 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:44, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

XBox PSO turns out out to be an awesome, and the gamecube versions is sucks to hell and gone, and they forget to translate the broadband adapter in english, so they ship over 56k modems in the broadband adapter cases http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 26, 2002, 07:10 PM
On 2002-06-26 17:08, Xerin wrote:

On 2002-06-26 16:44, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

XBox PSO turns out out to be an awesome, and the gamecube versions is sucks to hell and gone, and they forget to translate the broadband adapter in english, so they ship over 56k modems in the broadband adapter cases http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

that would be the best case thing for xbox and the worst for GC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-26 17:14 ]</font>

LostHero
Jun 26, 2002, 08:27 PM
My mind hurts from reading this senseless dribble.

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 09:06 PM
On 2002-06-26 16:25, ABDUR101 wrote:
God damn, just hide the money under your mattress and quit bitching about what to spend it on. You fucking killed any chance of anyone being able to TELL you what to spend it on because you already said you have everything. Thus why I said give it to a poor person, buy someone a nice meal, spend it on someone other than your well seated ass.

You're getting mad at people for telling you to put it in the bank and SAVE it, which is the only place it would be safe from your evil theif of a mother appearently, unless you give it to someone else!

nurnurnur

*EDIT*
In one thread you're bitching about not knowing what to do with $70 and in another you're bitching that a game is too expensive. pfft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-06-26 16:28 ]</font>

I just wanted to know what do you guys do with a 70$ other than spend it on games, or hardware at that. Saving it in a bank doesnt add anything to the thread. I thought it could turn into something funny.

I guess your just another guy asskissing a mod's ass, because he's bitching about putting it in a bank when i asked him politely what he would do with it other than putting it in a bank, buying games, etc....( all i listed). You for one listened to the topic, and did what you had to do. You just had to run down in here and start flaming it all...

gah i give up, you people just dont have anything to do with your damn money...yea go save it whatever, now shut up and lock this thread.

Ian D
Jun 26, 2002, 09:12 PM
I GOT TO POST BEFORE IT WAS LOCKED. It probably won't even get locked.. yeah! I'd pay $70 to keep this thread unlocked. Wata could always use more voodoo money.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2002, 09:24 PM
On 2002-06-26 19:06, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
[quote]
I just wanted to know what do you guys do with a 70$ other than spend it on games, or hardware at that. Saving it in a bank doesnt add anything to the thread. I thought it could turn into something funny.
It seemed like you were being serious in your first post, thus you got serious replies because we were trying to help you. Saving it to the bank was an option of things to do with your money. Obviously, if you can't afford or want anything that costs $70, you save it until you have more money, thus being able to buy something better.

I guess your just another guy asskissing a mod's ass,

Kiss kiss baby!
Yeah, that's right, you got me figured out dabra, and your dastardly detective skills too!

because he's bitching about putting it in a bank when i asked him politely what he would do with it other than putting it in a bank, buying games, etc....( all i listed). You for one listened to the topic, and did what you had to do. You just had to run down in here and start flaming it all...

Yeah, flaming, sure. Considering you shot down everything everyone was saying. Lolita listed some charities and good causes you could donate it to, I said you could buy someone else something(example was buy a poor person a nice meal), Wata said save it, and you listed that you already pretty much had everything you wanted/needed. What else is there to do other than give it to someone else?

gah i give up, you people just dont have anything to do with your damn money...yea go save it whatever, now shut up and lock this thread.

You're the one who said you have everything. Do you watch anime? Buy a boxset. No, I don't have anything to do with my money, that's one of the joys of living at home without a car, no bills other than internet costs and things I want to buy. Whether it's a game, game system, accessory, computer hardware or anime, thats what I spend my money on.

..I love you dabra. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dabra
Jun 26, 2002, 09:31 PM
*scratches back*

I'm surprised your post wasn't all that negative....was afraid i get all these huge arguments i wouldnt' understand...

bah, your right....i take stuff too seriously.

Sedric
Jun 26, 2002, 10:07 PM
Hmm... what would I do with my spare money IF I have EVERYTHING? Hmm...

In that case, I'd..... EAT!

Yumm... go to fancy buffet restaurant and fill up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aerwen
Jun 26, 2002, 10:21 PM
CONCERTS!!!that's the spare money (which is rare money) most of it goes towards a goth/punk girls tshirt company i'm working on. Transfers, graphic programs, copyrights, & stupid crap like that. but i might as well because i have no other job applicable skills. this way i can just be rich. hopefully. if anyone is interested in this, HOLD ON. i'm working on a website. but local concerts are a great way to not only broaden your musical horizons, but help support the bands, too. although it sucks when your only 15 and you can't go see your favorite band because it's saturday night @ a bar.

ragnar
Jun 27, 2002, 01:48 PM
ok if u had everything u wanted why in the first place wud u do baby siting and extra stuff if u dont need the cash

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 01:51 PM
Yes, but Xerin came up with the best way to make good use of the money.

Xerin uses his $70 to pay a Voodoo Whore to uncurse my $70. Then, we split my $70 amongst ourselves and deposit it into the bank, because it's no longer cursed!

ROCK!

neko-chan
Jun 27, 2002, 02:34 PM
I have *the ultimate solution* to your problem, but I can't post here 'cause it's a secret and really effective solution.

In order to receive *the ultimate solution* mailed to your address, all you have to do is send 35 US Dollars for *the ultimate solution* itself and 35 US Dollars for handling and shipping.

Send money to:

beatneko INC
Cottage Number 1
Alps

Dabra
Jun 27, 2002, 08:59 PM
On 2002-06-27 12:34, beatneko wrote:
I have *the ultimate solution* to your problem, but I can't post here 'cause it's a secret and really effective solution.

In order to receive *the ultimate solution* mailed to your address, all you have to do is send 35 US Dollars for *the ultimate solution* itself and 35 US Dollars for handling and shipping.

Send money to:

beatneko INC
Cottage Number 1
Alps

haha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guile
Jun 27, 2002, 11:13 PM
Can I get tree fitty?

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 27, 2002, 11:21 PM
huh?

watashiwa
Jun 28, 2002, 02:01 AM
Lock? SURE.