PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions about PSO Blue Burst which have yet to be asked

NickG
Sep 4, 2004, 03:12 PM
I was wondering if any hardcore PSO BB players have found out about the following:

How do you get or make an icon which is placed right before your character's name in the Lobby (where you have the trial user icon during your trial period)?

How do you make your character do different poses such as bowing, jumping, raising an arm, etc..

Back in pretty much every other version of PSO, if you had 10 000 mesta on you, you could change the hair style and costume of your character at the character select screen. Can anyone confirm if this feature has been either removed or changed in Blue Burst?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NickG on 2004-09-04 13:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NickG on 2004-09-04 13:25 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Sep 4, 2004, 03:42 PM
Refer to my visual guide (link at the bottom of my sig) to answer the first question; search and you'll find it there.

For the second question, Press CTRL+(a key of your keyboard, like A, B, C, etc).
Also, press SHIFT+CTRL+(a key of your keyboard) to perform the equivalent actions of the opposite gender of your character.
Keys from A to Z, 1 to 0 and F1 to F12 can be used.

For the third question, I'm not sure, I never change the way my characters look once they're done so I never bothered with it.

K-ne
Sep 4, 2004, 04:06 PM
I don't think the dressing room is implemented yet. I wasn't sure either, so I pulled all 167K meseta out of my bank (just in case the cost had gone up for some reason) and restarted the game - no fourth option. *shrug* I do hope it gets put in soon.

NickG
Sep 4, 2004, 04:38 PM
On 2004-09-04 13:42, DarK-SuN wrote:
Refer to my visual guide (link at the bottom of my sig) to answer the first question; search and you'll find it there.

Sorry, not seeing it. Either you didn't understand my question, or I'm loosing my eye sight. I don't see anything on your website that has to do with creating an icon next to your character's name in the lobby.

For the second question, Press CTRL+(a key of your keyboard, like A, B, C, etc).
Also, press SHIFT+CTRL+(a key of your keyboard) to perform the equivalent actions of the opposite gender of your character.
Keys from A to Z, 1 to 0 and F1 to F12 can be used.

Ya I tried that before and it didn't work. Strange part is that I've read that on the Official PSO BB website (using babelfish to translate). Perhaps you need a special setting, but I've tried every option setting that could have caused a problem, but nothing.

For the third question, I'm not sure, I never change the way my characters look once they're done so I never bothered with it.

I use to change oufit whenever I went up 10 levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NickG on 2004-09-04 14:42 ]</font>

Zarode
Sep 4, 2004, 04:43 PM
Hold ALT you fools. -O-;;;; And Shift + ALT for the oppisite sex animations...

Fireal
Sep 4, 2004, 04:49 PM
You could check the Pinned Thread that's called "Everything about PSO:BB goes here"

NickG
Sep 4, 2004, 05:00 PM
On 2004-09-04 14:43, Zarode wrote:
Hold ALT you fools. -O-;;;; And Shift + ALT for the oppisite sex animations...

Well I'll be, even Sonic Team Screwed up the info on their website. Why not e-mail them calling them fools as well?

NickG
Sep 4, 2004, 05:12 PM
On 2004-09-04 15:11, NickG wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-09-04 14:49, Fireal wrote:
You could check the Pinned Thread that's called "Everything about PSO:BB goes here"

Na, not seeing a topic with that name. And you meant the topic "Blue Burst Support Thread", forget it. I read the FAQs, but as for the rest of the topic, there's 38 pages. Don't know about you, but I don't have an entire day to spend reading replies on a BBS.

Arislan
Sep 5, 2004, 12:58 AM
If you don't have the time, be prepared to be replied with "Look in the thread, you idiot!" when asking a question. It may be long, but it's near to a penultimate resource for BB support at this point.

No, no dressing room, no ETA yet.

As for the icon, that's a Team Flag, have to have a team with 2000 points, use that on the flag, make one, and upload it.

NickG
Sep 5, 2004, 10:10 AM
On 2004-09-04 22:58, Arislan wrote:
If you don't have the time, be prepared to be replied with "Look in the thread, you idiot!" when asking a question. It may be long, but it's near to a penultimate resource for BB support at this point.

No, no dressing room, no ETA yet.

As for the icon, that's a Team Flag, have to have a team with 2000 points, use that on the flag, make one, and upload it.

Thanks for the reply Arislan, but after realizing that the icon was in fact a flag, it took me 30 seconds of Googling to find my answer. Like all searches, you need the correct terms to find your answers.

As for the Dressing room option, guess I'll wait.

Also, on a more personal note, if the topic of 38 pages has so many important info, why not re-arrange by removing the non-important post and adding link menus.

Eanae
Sep 5, 2004, 10:33 AM
For the Icon you have to be on a team, and the team leader has to implement it. Aka: Nothing you can do about it.

NickG
Sep 5, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-09-05 08:33, Eanae wrote:
For the Icon you have to be on a team, and the team leader has to implement it. Aka: Nothing you can do about it.

Well, if I were to create a team (which I did BTW), I would be the leader. Now I can play alone and accumulate 2000 points and assign a flag to myself. I believe many Japanese players did this since most of the flags I've seen seem to be unique.

Saffran
Sep 5, 2004, 03:04 PM
Well, if I were to create a team (which I did BTW), I would be the leader. Now I can play alone and accumulate 2000 points and assign a flag to myself. I believe many Japanese players did this since most of the flags I've seen seem to be unique.
Erm, no.
Every player that was on th ebeta vertsion and that then purchased a Hunter Liense got 2000 points for free. That's the reason behind 99% of the team flags.
I've been playing PSOBB since day one, although not a lot, admittedly, but I only have accumulated 700 points over the course of 400 hours of play. It's been getting better these days because of the Edy cup, where rare drop like crazy, but I wouldn't bet on getting 2000 points any time soon.... You need either a long time, or a few mates in your team to do that.
Being the only one in the team isn't cool... But then again, all the players I'd have welcomed were already in some team...

NickG
Sep 5, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-09-05 13:04, Saffran wrote:

Erm, no.
Every player that was on th ebeta vertsion and that then purchased a Hunter Liense got 2000 points for free. That's the reason behind 99% of the team flags.
I've been playing PSOBB since day one, although not a lot, admittedly, but I only have accumulated 700 points over the course of 400 hours of play. It's been getting better these days because of the Edy cup, where rare drop like crazy, but I wouldn't bet on getting 2000 points any time soon.... You need either a long time, or a few mates in your team to do that.
Being the only one in the team isn't cool... But then again, all the players I'd have welcomed were already in some team...

Well you're almost half way, which proves that it's possible. Even if the language barrier hasn't stopped me from playing with the Japanese players, organizing a team would be another story. So I doubt that I'll have my own team any time soon, might as well just keep playing in a Team of one in order to get my Flag.

Saffran
Sep 6, 2004, 03:53 AM
Yes, but BB started like, in May. That means I'll get those 2000 points by Christmas...
On the other hand, it's a goal nonetheless...

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 04:25 AM
oh man im gonna get flamed for this question but, is the beta still open? where can i download it and try it? (without a HL)

Zarode
Sep 6, 2004, 05:15 AM
The Beta is over. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But you can have a trail session for 15 days or till you reach lvl 20.

NickG
Sep 6, 2004, 08:24 AM
On 2004-09-06 01:53, Saffran wrote:
Yes, but BB started like, in May. That means I'll get those 2000 points by Christmas...
On the other hand, it's a goal nonetheless...

Whatever man, importance is in the eye of the beholder. While we're at it, what's the point of playing a 4 year old game? Because it's fun, no matter how many times we've finished it, it's still fun to play. If it's pointless to you, then stop accumulating points. If I find that it's another reason to play the game longer, then it's a good thing.

Anyway, about the dressing room option, I've posted that question on the official Blue Burst BBS (BB BBS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and a nice fellow answered me:

Presently you cannot use

Using the team point, it can purchase with schedule, in team private function
It is schedule what which becomes when.
(From magazine article)

Simply, because mounted time and the like it is not made altogether clear, when it becomes enabled
Completely it is unclear.

Translation made possible using Babel Fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/)