PDA

View Full Version : Ever Feel like your mag hates you?

Link_Dead
Sep 4, 2004, 08:34 PM
My Sato just hit level 200 like a day ago, and as i read, Sato gives 3 invince and one reverser... Heres the wacky part... I feel like it hates me... I got 120% syncro and 200 IQ... But it seems when ever I get to the point when He would normaly give me invince... He doesnt... It happens every so often... But my Friend has a lv.200 Nidra and it seems to give him invince ALL THE TIME!!! is it because im a fomar with Sato? Does Sato hate males? Or has my luck just been in a funk? Help me out here... Thanks

Jason
Sep 4, 2004, 08:50 PM
I'm assuming it is just luck. This isn't reality you know, this is like you're asking for help to get your puppy dog to like you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-09-04 18:51 ]</font>

Sayara
Sep 4, 2004, 08:53 PM
Its all luck. Statistics and Matrixes. Game Coding decides about if your mag does its special boosts or any of the sort.

Link_Dead
Sep 4, 2004, 08:55 PM
Well jason, i figured it wasent real when i had to press the power button to enter the game... It was just a question. Thnaks to those who wrote back.

Jason
Sep 4, 2004, 09:05 PM
No problem.

squeak
Sep 5, 2004, 07:06 AM
sorry nobodys answered you. =(

there could be some link between chars and the mags they make. even elenor was talking about some link to "their masters". maybe the specials work better for the char that originally created the mag. they do take the color scheme of the one who first equips them. maybe theres something else there.

there are lots of unseen links in the game. for instance a rikas claw boosts gi-lvl techs, but it can be equipped by racasts which dont have techs. does that mean the wep is still not "trying" to boost the techs? or...

where on your char are those points kept from rappys holiday? i dont see them in the bank. there are changes in chars coding all over. there could be one for mags.

Evergea
Sep 5, 2004, 07:21 AM
I think it's a little more than luck. On one of my older characters I had a Varaha that would make my character invulnerable about 1 out of every 3 full pb charges.

Recently I've had a Varaha that would invinc me four times in a row, then do nothing in a row. I've also had a Varaha that would actually revive me when I would need it most (boss battles etc).

Having high sync and IQ definitely plays a factor. Either way, your mag is your guardian pet, so why not raise it well anyway? You might just get one that will love you back.

Swan
Sep 5, 2004, 04:30 PM
yup. definatly luck. or in your case, lack thereof

Sef
Sep 5, 2004, 05:01 PM
I had a Sato...

Basically the same problem.

Link_Dead
Sep 5, 2004, 05:05 PM
I see, I feel like hes getting to like me at a slow pace... But im not giveing up on it... Its got 141 mind... I know thats not much, but hes all legit and i love it! once again thanks for the replys!

Link_Dead
Sep 5, 2004, 05:16 PM
Oh... the Topic got moved... Cool.

Sef
Sep 5, 2004, 05:24 PM
Well, my Sato still hates me. And my friends.

Not sure what it's problem is.

Angelzero
Sep 5, 2004, 08:08 PM
My Rati doesn't give me Invinci but it does give me the shifta/deband boost just about everytime my PB fills up..same when entering boss fights...

Oh and resta too but...it doesnt do much for my HUcaseal.

I'm pretty sure it does reverser too but I forget. Rati stopped giving me those for some reason though...>_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelzero on 2004-09-05 18:11 ]</font>

Evil_Althena8
Sep 6, 2004, 01:51 AM
if only Rati gave invincibility rather than Shifta/deband. damn rati...oh well its still my mag of choice

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 02:14 AM
well in a twist of fate while playing today, Sato's sync, droped like 40% because of many deaths in a row.... after bringing it back up ive seen a turn in his feelings twords me, hes invinced me quite a few times... maybe it was the sudden change in syncro... Who knows... But if he likes me now... i wont question it.

LoreSeeker
Sep 6, 2004, 08:55 PM
Like most things in PSO, it's all luck of the draw. When I was doing beach runs for MKB with my FOmar, I would use level 30 Megid on the squids to kill them quickly. Sometimes, I would kill all 15 without having Megid fail at all. Other times, it might mess up a couple times. On the really weird runs, I would end up having to refill my TP bar a couple times because Megid just wasn't working.

Moral of the story? Don't count on anything to work the way it should. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RadiantLegend
Sep 7, 2004, 08:17 AM
My mags loves me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif cause i spoil them with teh star

Mystil
Sep 7, 2004, 08:48 AM
Mine hates me to hell, cause I'm too cheap to raise it fast enough. Currently it wants Fluids. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm 152 with a lv150 mag and I've had it for 152 levels..http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know mine hates me.

And it doesn't offer any bonues when I die at all. And it's a Kabanda mag. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Damn my cheap ass. =P

Vielka
Sep 7, 2004, 10:51 AM
lol its all luck. ive seen a mag revive me twice in all of my hrs playing pso. although my sato does tend to have invinc on almost all my boss fights, and it does cast invinc when im low on hp

Dominitrus
Sep 7, 2004, 11:06 AM
My nidra gives me invincibility at situations where I need it most, just when those ugly dimenians are about to kill me and my health turns yellow. I also had one mag in the past that cast resta in a row each time I was hit when its pb was full.

Sharkyland
Sep 7, 2004, 12:44 PM
My mag hasn't resurrected me for a while now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fireal
Sep 7, 2004, 02:27 PM
My mag always has the tendency to resurect me when I least need it...