PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Future Of PSO Episode 1&2 ?

BaronLaw
Jun 26, 2002, 05:38 PM
If the speculation and rumors are true, the FOmar presents the most formidable combination of technique use and melee combat ability. Look for lobbies to be filled with short, black robed, white haired FOmars named after Final Fantasy characters. Don't expect these forces to be primarily support characters: if the reports are accurate, most people will probably opt for tank-mode. Will this be the achilles' heel of Sonic Team's new creation, in terms of class balance ?

PSO Episode 1&2: Attack of the (FOmar )Clones ?

BaronLaw

Megaboy
Jun 26, 2002, 05:46 PM
never the humars and hucasts shall stay the best

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 06:08 PM
My FOmar is bad ass.

Go, Lune! Bitchslap power!

Dangerous55
Jun 26, 2002, 06:49 PM
Eh, well, the Final Fantasy thing is going to happen anyway. God that was annoying, SSJ to. I plan on making a FOmar, just because I think they look cool.

Sedric
Jun 26, 2002, 09:35 PM
True, but I belive it won't last very long.

Remember, no matter how physically strong FOmar may be, he's still a Force. I bet all he can do is probably tank a little more and a little longer than FOmarl can, period. That's it.

I'd still say HUmar, even without S/D, would do better in physical combat than FOmar.

Otherwise, it would destroy the whole concept of FOmar being a.... Force. Don't you think?

Zarana
Jun 26, 2002, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure about that, Sedric. Seeing as right now a Shifta'd FOmarl does about the same damage as a non-Shifta'd HUmar, I really don't see how HUmar without Shifta can hope to be more damaging than FOmar. It just seems unreasonable. Don't worry, though. People keep forgetting that Mylla&Youlla has, and probably always will be, better than L:15 Shifta.

Anyway, I can definitely see FOmar being greatly overused. ... And all you HUmar fans should be glad that all the Sephiroths and SSJs won't still be disgracing your race. They'll have moved on to FOmar, allowing HUmar's dignity to climb a little. Furthermore, since HUmar can't use the Spread Needle, it's a good bet that all the morons will no longer play him as well. So on a whole, your race will be getting a lot better, reputation-wise.

Too bad for FOmar and RAmar, though. SSJs and Spread Needle-users will flee to them like rats leaving a sinking ship.

Zarana
Jun 26, 2002, 10:14 PM
Oh, also, I've noticed that FOmar can quite easily become an Auron, so expect to see a lot of those. Heh.

Sedric
Jun 26, 2002, 10:28 PM
Hmm... you have a valid point, Zarana, and I thought the same way at first. But then I remembered one thing:

ATA

Ok, let me first say, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I bet HUmar will still have way more ATA than FOmar ever will. So that means HUmars will miss far less than FOmars.... Sure, at high level, just about anyone can make a shot/swing, but I believe that the gap in ATA will definitely make a difference in actual skirmish.

Also, Hunter weapons are generally better suited for melee combat. FOrce weapons do not.

And let's not forget the other stats, such as HP, DEF, EVP, and etc. (Except MST) Surely HUmar's will be higher than FOmar's....

And I believe these will put HUmar in physically superior position in combat.

So in the end, even if FOmar can dish out nearly equal (or possibly even more) damage as HUmar, overall, HUmar will still be a better melee fighter. And that means better tanking.

Well, that's just my 1.5 + .5 cents. We'll see how it turns out in final version. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-06-26 20:29 ]</font>

Rhete
Jun 26, 2002, 10:38 PM
FOmar will probably be the best OFFLINE class.

ONLINE, hunters will do a lot more damage than any force when they're in the same game together. Its called teamwork. I'm certainly not going to pick a class based off the fact that they do well offline, when almost all my time spent playing is going to be online with other people.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 27, 2002, 12:34 AM
On 2002-06-26 16:49, Dangerous55 wrote:
Eh, well, the Final Fantasy thing is going to happen anyway. God that was annoying, SSJ to. I plan on making a FOmar, just because I think they look cool.

Atleast we can agree on something. It doesn't really bother me, it just disapoints me that people have no originality anymore. They just rip off other ideas. I always try to pick to most unused costumes. I hope your prediction doesn't come true, i plan to be a FOmar (get my money's worth by playing as a totaly new char).

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 01:17 AM
On 2002-06-26 22:34, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:

On 2002-06-26 16:49, Dangerous55 wrote:

Atleast we can agree on something. It doesn't really bother me, it just disapoints me that people have no originality anymore. They just rip off other ideas. I always try to pick to most unused costumes. I hope your prediction doesn't come true, i plan to be a FOmar (get my money's worth by playing as a totaly new char).

People that Try to be different are just as bad as those who try to fit in. They Are conforming with the non-conformers. It's best to be yourself and not give a fuck what anyone else does. As much as I hate seeing SSJblahblahblah or Separoth if that is what they like then more power to them.

Now pardon me I have to go remaster THX1138

Alisha
Jun 27, 2002, 05:17 AM
what bs please maybee if you actually played in a few open games you would know that that a tanking fomarl needs the same support to tank effectively that you need and since the tech range is so far its not even an issue

SS_Death
Jun 27, 2002, 06:43 AM
Ok, I'm not wuite sure what 'tanking' is but I would like to say that either way it still all comes down to your style of play. I have seen varying opinions about androids ranging from rubish to god.

I have a HUcast and owing to high phone bills (plus only having a 50hz Tv at first) have played most of my 213ish hours offline (note my character got corrupted the first time he go to 100 so add an extra 200/300 hours on to that). He is now lvl119 (almost 120. I have found the offline game easy, no real problems. Same online.

However I have read other people saying the opposite. Thus am forced to conclude as I said above it all comes down to the player, not the character.

FOmar could be really wicked but might not. I think how good they are will depend on the player and their experiences will reflect that. When the GC and Xbox version emerge I am sure there will be a huge range of opinions as ever ranging from the god-rubbish as for the HUcast.

Either way, for or against its there. You want to use one fine, you don't fine. Have fun and stop worrying if the other guy is better than you are...

Zio
Jun 27, 2002, 04:48 PM
i suspect FOmar to be the best battle character, next to HUmar. We'll have to see though. HUcast might even be a better battle char now since HUmar was stripped of S/D, but I doubt that. If HUmar still has foie/zonde/rafoie then I will use them, I will try an FOmar too for battle, and see which one is better.

Defend
Jun 27, 2002, 05:14 PM
Yep what Rhete said. Offline they'll be great, online they'll be a fighting FO only really. If your not a FO, and in a team with a FOmar, you'll definately be alot stronger.

Ness
Jun 29, 2002, 05:26 PM
Is it true that HUmar can no longer use the Spread Needle?

Ina
Jun 29, 2002, 09:03 PM
Rangers only, which is really nice of them to do that, no more rapid-rate-high-dmg-high-accuracy-multi-target-ranged-weapon for hunters, and I heard that spread can't do the special, normal/heavy x 2 combos. And forces finally have their own spread-like-weapon >_<v

shinokou
Jun 29, 2002, 11:03 PM
Rangers only was such an obvious thing for a weapon like that... grr how ive hated the spread needle!!!

now to make a point more on the subject: while those of us who have experienced PSO before would lean towards FOmar because we have experienced the game and know a lot about the older classes and such, HUmar is that median character... everybody will still pick him because he LOOKS cool. Within our community, more FOmars will be seen (im a force fan, and i may be one of them if i dont go back to FOnewearl) because we know of his power in comparison to other classes... but most poeple will still pick that 'kika$$ warrior DUDE' for their first character.

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2002, 06:38 AM
Hucast may be rare if his ata is really that low. I decided to pick HUcaseal instead.
I always wanted ata before atp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ness
Jun 30, 2002, 08:26 AM
I heard that forces have their own spread-like weapon, what about Hunters?

ShadowNeo
Jun 30, 2002, 09:06 AM
I'm sticking with my HUcast, the higher HP and ATP appeals to me more than HUcaseals higher EVP and ATA, besides I never really used range weapons that much in Ver.1 or Ver.2.

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2002, 09:48 AM
Well motre doeasn't mean use more guns, is miss less and use special attack of weapons better.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 30, 2002, 09:59 AM
Can androids use traps in the trial? It would help and make them a more appealing if traps weren't restricted to a certain difficulty mode.

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2002, 01:44 PM
I think they can't because anyone said nothuing about it

Defend
Jun 30, 2002, 04:14 PM
The Trial is in Normal anyway.

Th Spread Needle ugh! Why the hell could Rangers use Spreads if the Needle was just ten times better, and HU compat as well.

Stupid PSO! >_<

HUmar look cool? lol news to me.. they all just look like a big grey blur in my eyes heh.
HUcast vs HUcaseal I'm still deciding on, but I'll have a RAcast. HUcaseal ATA either has to be at least 30 more than the HUcast, or its not worth bothering with imo. I'll have my RAcast for playing with weapon specials etc. The HU weapons supplied were always enough ATA anyway, hunters droids specially wouldn't have to worry about it imo.

I'll go a HUcaseal if the ATP is very close, and the ATA is a noticable distance apart.
Maybe. HP is also nice to have.

MetalGriever
Jun 30, 2002, 10:11 PM
Yeah, androids can use traps in the trial. In the final game, I'ma stick to a HUcast as my first char. I started with one in v1 AND v2 so why stop now?

Ness
Jul 1, 2002, 08:46 AM
I was going to use HUmar for Ep. 1 and 2, but once I heard about Spread Needles beings rangers only, I think I'll try FOmar out. HUcaseal or HUmar might be my second character.

Ina
Jul 1, 2002, 01:44 PM
there're a lot more weapons other than spread.... -__-; when I was playing ver1, I use my delsaber kit(shield+saber) and twinbrand more than that crappy spread. so I dont think w/o spread HU will suck at all(HU still has the advantage in ATP), since they reduced the power of spread again, and there's always musashi which is cool >_<

MarkXIII
Jul 1, 2002, 02:57 PM
As long as HUmar can still use Razonde most non-cheap players will have no problem leveling up with them. I'll have one but my main character will be a HUcast again.