PDA

View Full Version : Quick question.

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 02:22 AM
Hmm ive been playing multiplayer for quite some time now on my game cube with a few friends and wife... and it seems like noone i know, knows how the section ID works for multi... so does the first player's ID work for all players or does the player who kills the mob get the item acording to his/her section ID? any and all help is great! thanks.

Angelzero
Sep 6, 2004, 02:28 AM
Uh...I think whoever the first player is...thats the section id that applies...I'm pretty sure because the tekker is whoever the first players id is...

silvermax
Sep 6, 2004, 02:29 AM
first players' section ID is the ID that is used

so if you want Pinkal game, first player needs to be Pinkal etc etc.

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 02:36 AM
Cool. thanks. ummm another quick question... In C-mode, when you beat it, does everyone get a gift or just the first player?

vdechpokket
Sep 6, 2004, 02:40 AM
On 2004-09-06 00:36, Link_Dead wrote:
Cool. thanks. ummm another quick question... In C-mode, when you beat it, does everyone get a gift or just the first player?

i presume every one cause noone would want to play it in a team otherwise,

Link_Dead
Sep 6, 2004, 02:45 AM
Heh... it makes so much sence when you put it that way.... Yep... I feel stupid now. But thanks for the reply.

Elvendar
Sep 6, 2004, 10:45 AM
1. Section ID is calculated based upon the ID of the game creator (Online) or the first/top/controller1 character (Multiplayer Mode.)

2. All participants in challenge mode stages will get an item assuming they have completed all the challenge mode stages and have the appropriate time requirements.

Eanae
Sep 6, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-09-06 08:45, Elvendar wrote:
1. Section ID is calculated based upon the ID of the game creator (Online) or the first/top/controller1 character (Multiplayer Mode.)

2. All participants in challenge mode stages will get an item assuming they have completed all the challenge mode stages and have the appropriate time requirements.

Adding to part two. Depesing on each individuals final rank, (A, B, or S), the prizes will be given accordingly. So everyone won't always get the same thing, especially if you haven't done C-mode completely together.

Bladehunter
Sep 6, 2004, 01:13 PM
WAIT!! So if the first player is a Redria, all the special weapon drops are after redria charts??

If you say so, I cannot agree. When I played with some friends we got two different weapons from Hildebear in Temple. Two different players killed them.

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 01:14 PM
Ive just recently stopped playing the online game because there are too many hackers. So now im going to want to do the offline challenge mode. Can you tell me what the prizes are for completing it in offline mode? I heard it was the God Shields.

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 01:16 PM
On 2004-09-06 11:13, Bladehunter wrote:
WAIT!! So if the first player is a Redria, all the special weapon drops are after redria charts??

If you say so, I cannot agree. When I played with some friends we got two different weapons from Hildebear in Temple. Two different players killed them.

It always stays locked to the ID of the player who created the game. If you are in online mode and the leader leaves the game, the ID will switch to the new leader and drops will change.

Bladehunter
Sep 6, 2004, 01:29 PM
On 2004-09-06 11:16, Asura_UK wrote:

On 2004-09-06 11:13, Bladehunter wrote:

It always stays locked to the ID of the player who created the game. If you are in online mode and the leader leaves the game, the ID will switch to the new leader and drops will change.

I play offline. Could it be different there?

Elvendar
Sep 6, 2004, 01:33 PM
It's possibly. Multiplayer offline isn't my area of expertise.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 6, 2004, 01:56 PM
Ok, this IS my area of expertise. I play almost exclusively on offline multiplayer with my friends all the time. Yes, it is the first player's section ID that determines what every monster drops. Hence, why my friend found hundreds of Gae Bolgs when I was first player(bluefull) and he was second and he killed the enemies. I really do hate Gae Bolgs...

Bladehunter
Sep 6, 2004, 02:09 PM
Heh, then I guess I have to believe you... But I still donīt get why I got two different weapons from hildebears.

Midnight
Sep 6, 2004, 02:15 PM
On 2004-09-06 12:09, Bladehunter wrote:
Heh, then I guess I have to believe you... But I still don?t get why I got two different weapons from hildebears.

what were the weapons? if one of them were like a varista then id understand.

Bladehunter
Sep 6, 2004, 02:18 PM
Last survivor and H&S 25 justice

Eanae
Sep 6, 2004, 02:30 PM
If they were in the same run, it's not possible. Obviously they were two different runs with two different section ID's.

Bladehunter
Sep 6, 2004, 02:40 PM
On 2004-09-06 12:30, Eanae wrote:
If they were in the same run, it's not possible. Obviously they were two different runs with two different section ID's.

Even if it WAS two runs, my friend always wants to be player one. Iīm sure that it was in the same run.

Jamara
Sep 10, 2004, 02:15 PM
that happens to me to. I'm firstplayer (skyly), and then my friend (whitill)finds an item on the Whitill chart and not on the skyly chart when he gets a kill.