PDA

View Full Version : new PSO Xbox info....not good...:(

BioFan
Jun 27, 2002, 02:40 AM
it seems that we need to pay for HL to play Xbox's PSO...
Sonic Team just updated their website...

[ -- it is related with the Xbox version "fan TASHI star on-line" (tentative name) -- a part -- a report -- ]

It is announced in "Xbox Conffrence 2002 Summer" on the other day. the enclosure to the "XboxLIVE starter kit" of ?? and the Xbox version "PSO" (a tentative name, following abbreviation) -- just -- Since there were ??and expression which causes misapprehension by report in part, we change and announce you. "A minute of 12-month the charge of on-line service use" included in a "starter kit" is not applied to the fee collection (hunter ZURAI sense) of "PSO." Although a charge is needed for the on-line play of "PSO" separately, now, the amount of money is undecided. The information about the Xbox version "PSO" in this time should look at the following.

http://sega.jp/x/pso/

if this is true, then I will be the first one to say this...XBOX LIVE SUCKS!!I will get GCN if I need to pay HL license for Xbox's PSO....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-27 00:41 ]</font>

BioFan
Jun 27, 2002, 02:47 AM
but then again when I think of it, it is kinda an assurance that XBox PSO won't be just a ver.2 port...no one would pay for a ver.2 and XBox live for a game that you could play in DC or GCN(better version)...so probably this news is a confirmation that at least Xbox version will have some type of downloadable things...But if it is just a ver.2 then I will DEFINITELY not gettting XBox's PSO...I will get GCN's PSO...MS sucks...

One word to MS and Sonic team....Xbox's PSO BETTER be not DC's ver.2 port...I won't even be satisfied if it's just a GCN port...I am asking too much, but if I need to pay XBox Live AND HL, then I want a game worth paying all those...one word MS, you suck!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-27 01:25 ]</font>

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 03:51 AM
If this is the case then it probablly wont be part of xbox live. MS requires Live titles to be covered by the live charge. I don't think that MS will/can prevent companies from making their own servers. However like you said, if this IS the case and sega wants to charge a hunters lisence, effectively removing it from the live service, then it had better have the same features as the GCN version. Unless sega likes to throw away their money.

BioFan
Jun 27, 2002, 04:09 AM
actually M$ stated that some game may need additional fee, especially MMORPG or for tournaments and such...They won't stop developers from asking extra charge if they need to...but I never expect this early and with PSO.....if this is a true sequel of PSO or at least GCN's PSO, then i wouldn't mind...but if it is a port of ver.2, then I mind A LOT!!! I will get GCN version definitely if that is the case...so I may be a GCN owner depending on Xbox's PSO...
But I have a feeling that Xbox's PSO will not just be a ver.2...I am looking out for this one...I will still get XBox live for a year, for some games, but not sure if I will get Xbox's PSO now...

btw, it won't be in a seperate server, it will still be an Xbox live title...but the extra fee is probably a confirmation that we will get downloadble quests...Sega will take part of server maintainance, and I am most definitely sure that we are not just geting a ver.2...I am not sure, it better not be...but M$ said that games like MMORPG, ones that need to download new quests, or new patches maybe needed to pay extra fees(depend on developers)...also for tournaments such as fps tourneys, or golf tourneys, you need to pay to enter, and you will get something if you win...so from this, I hope that Sonic Team is planning some kind of downloadable quests for Xbox's PSO...and the game better not be a ver.2 port...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-27 02:27 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jun 27, 2002, 08:35 AM
yeah the harddisk is x-box's trumph-card but it depends on sonic team if and how its used

Malkavian
Jun 27, 2002, 09:41 AM
Well now definitely I think Xbox pso won't be just a ver2 port. But I still don't think they can do something good for this fall.... is so little time...

Well the bad thing about this is the xbox live isn't as good as it was expected. maybe it will be the best service but the most expensive....
I think many ppl still prefer to play free instead of the voice chat and xbox live capabilities stuff

Rubesahl
Jun 27, 2002, 10:30 AM
Well, it is not really too expensive if you take PSO out of the equation. Think about it, you're paying 50$ for one year and not only for PSO, but for a lot of other online games. I think I heard the number 25 at launch. So it really isn't bad, pretty practical if you ask me. Plus they'll have features like ranking system and all the stuff they'll make for download. Now as for PSO in this. If I have to pay a HL, then it better be GCN or better. It would be pointless charging a game (separate from Xbox Live anyway) that came out a year ago. Even if there is voice chat, the content is basically the same. I really hope this changes. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they do it either. PC PSO is Ver.2 and it needs a HL... O__o Maybe Sonic Team will take this version that way too... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Ugh... This is going to be tough, I may stay playing PSO Xbox OFFLINE because it's enough having to pay GC HL and Xbox Live... hhhmm... We'll see how it goes...

Rhete
Jun 27, 2002, 10:53 AM
On 2002-06-27 01:51, Greg wrote:
Unless sega likes to throw away their money.

They do! You know it!

emmanuel1
Jun 27, 2002, 11:07 AM
and what about in GC we will pay to?

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 11:26 AM
On 2002-06-27 09:07, emmanuel1 wrote:

Of course.

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 11:27 AM
On 2002-06-27 09:07, emmanuel1 wrote:

No, if you own a GC Sega will buy your copy for you.

And BioFan, MS made it very clear in their press releases that There would only be one fee. Thus I think this would remove PSO from xbox live.

emmanuel1
Jun 27, 2002, 11:55 AM
oh well i think i made a stupid and off topic question but i whant to up of what is happening in PSO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: emmanuel1 on 2002-06-27 12:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: emmanuel1 on 2002-06-27 12:48 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 12:20 PM
On 2002-06-27 09:55, emmanuel1 wrote:
can you tell me were i found all this payment thing?

Like we know!

You're the one who found it!

GhoStar
Jun 27, 2002, 12:43 PM
wata, are you putting his posts through some fangled Babelfish translator?

His posts no sense are making...

0_o

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 01:07 PM
On 2002-06-27 09:55, emmanuel1 wrote:
can you tell me were i found all this payment thing?

I talked to yuji naka on the phone. He said sonic team will also buy GC's for all that don't have one, plus they will suck you off.

Like we know!

You're the one who found it!

hehe, mispelling something is one thing... but this guy is just off the fucking hook

BioFan
Jun 27, 2002, 02:40 PM
And BioFan, MS made it very clear in their press releases that There would only be one fee. Thus I think this would remove PSO from xbox live.

well in an interview with J allard in a Japanese magazine, he stated that there maybe extra fees for tourneys or mmorpg, games that neeed patches or downloadable stuff...If developers want an additional charge, they will let them to, but at an affordable price...it is probably not mentioned at E3 conference, but it was mentioned during an interview by a japanese magazine...so there is a little cathch with all those xbox live bullshit they give at the conference...Xbox will fail if that is the case...MS sucks

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 02:50 PM
On 2002-06-27 11:07, Greg wrote:
I talked to yuji naka on the phone. He said sonic team will also buy GC's for all that don't have one, plus they will suck you off.

Well, this should persuade anyone who was even considering of purchasing the X-Box version to now buy the Gamecube version. I mean, hell, not only do you get a free Gamecube if you don't have one, but you get a free blowjob by a couple of sexy Japanese game developers! Maybe even some lip service from Yuji Naka himself! OH JOY!

Glad I preordered. :P

Parn
Jun 27, 2002, 03:21 PM
My view on this...

...now that we know it's NOT free to play online, NOW I can believe that Episode II (or perhaps even more than that) is hitting Xbox. It just wasn't feasible before, but it most certainly is now.

If Sega really wants people to purchase this version over the GameCube release, they'll need an incentive... exclusive modes, downloadable levels to the hard drive, or whatever they can cook up.

The best part would probably be the ability to patch the client on a consistent basis if they force you to install the game onto the hard drive (which would make the game lightning fast).

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 06:32 PM
On 2002-06-27 12:40, BioFan wrote:

well in an interview with J allard in a Japanese magazine, he stated that there maybe extra fees for tourneys or mmorpg, games that neeed patches or downloadable stuff...If developers want an additional charge, they will let them to, but at an affordable price...it is probably not mentioned at E3 conference, but it was mentioned during an interview by a japanese magazine...so there is a little cathch with all those xbox live bullshit they give at the conference...Xbox will fail if that is the case...MS sucks

Well if there is a hunters license the it had better not play on the live servers.

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 06:33 PM
On 2002-06-27 16:32, Greg wrote:
Well if there is a hunters license the it had better not play on the live servers.

And if it does? You're going to be a GC PSO whore anyway, right?

Rubesahl
Jun 27, 2002, 06:38 PM
On 2002-06-27 13:21, Parn wrote:
My view on this...

...now that we know it's NOT free to play online, NOW I can believe that Episode II (or perhaps even more than that) is hitting Xbox. It just wasn't feasible before, but it most certainly is now.

If Sega really wants people to purchase this version over the GameCube release, they'll need an incentive... exclusive modes, downloadable levels to the hard drive, or whatever they can cook up.

The best part would probably be the ability to patch the client on a consistent basis if they force you to install the game onto the hard drive (which would make the game lightning fast).

I agree with you Parn. If they really would do this, then it is worth the money. Let's just hope this really doesn happen...

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 06:39 PM
On 2002-06-27 16:33, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-06-27 16:32, Greg wrote:

And if it does? You're going to be a GC PSO whore anyway, right?

I'm just a whore in general.
I'll be importing the GC version (if I am not in Naval OCS that is). If the HL is on top of the live service there better be a convincing reason for me to fork over the cash. I'll reserve jugement until I see the final product though.

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 06:40 PM
On 2002-06-27 16:39, Greg wrote:
I'll be importing the GC version (if I am not in Naval OCS that is).

Word to being a whore and word to importing the GC version.

Greg
Jun 27, 2002, 06:41 PM
On 2002-06-27 16:40, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-06-27 16:39, Greg wrote:
I'll be importing the GC version (if I am not in Naval OCS that is).

Word to being a whore and word to importing the GC version.

Word to your mother as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 06:44 PM
On 2002-06-27 16:41, Greg wrote:
Word to your mother as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Skrate up home skizzle, my nizzle! >.>

Sabrina_X
Jun 27, 2002, 10:36 PM
What is Greg saying anyways???????? I DONT UNDERSTAND MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

bobdroid47
Jun 28, 2002, 04:24 AM
On 2002-06-27 01:51, Greg wrote:
If this is the case then it probablly wont be part of xbox live. MS requires Live titles to be covered by the live charge. I don't think that MS will/can prevent companies from making their own servers. However like you said, if this IS the case and sega wants to charge a hunters lisence, effectively removing it from the live service, then it had better have the same features as the GCN version. Unless sega likes to throw away their money.

That sounds pretty likely (it would bring back the possibility of keyboard chat & compatibility with the GameCube edition too, since it wouldn't be stuck on the closed Xbox Live servers), but I don't understand why they would make it part of the Xbox Live starter kit if it wasnt going to be a part of Xbox Live. I could see how it might benefit Sega, but why would Microsoft sell a package with a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live and put a game in it that required MORE fees? To me it just seems like it would drive away the customer.

saffaya
Jun 28, 2002, 04:50 AM
What a delight and enjoyment this thread is.
Sorry guys, I can't resist posting on it.
I'll spare you the revival of the thread when I was clearly stating there would be a fee for PSO and other MORPG games.
This is just reality sense.

Poor Greg can't bring his mind to believe it because .. 'M$ said so in PRESS conference !'.
ah .. right .. PR stuff given the status of divine truth ..
So now you come up with this even more dubious idea that PSO isn't part of Xbox Live !
Smart.
Now that it's not on M$ server, maybe we can
have cross platform play then ?
Oh wait .. PSO will be used soon to beta-test Xbox live in japan .. too bad.

I can't believe there are so many crybabies out there just because of a fee we don't even know the amount of.

Greg
Jun 28, 2002, 05:08 AM
On 2002-06-28 02:50, saffaya wrote:
What a delight and enjoyment this thread is.
Sorry guys, I can't resist posting on it.
I'll spare you the revival of the thread when I was clearly stating there would be a fee for PSO and other MORPG games.
This is just reality sense.

Poor Greg can't bring his mind to believe it because .. 'M$ said so in PRESS conference !'.
ah .. right .. PR stuff given the status of divine truth ..
So now you come up with this even more dubious idea that PSO isn't part of Xbox Live !
Smart.
Now that it's not on M$ server, maybe we can
have cross platform play then ?
Oh wait .. PSO will be used soon to beta-test Xbox live in japan .. too bad.

I can't believe there are so many crybabies out there just because of a fee we don't even know the amount of.

You justify all my hatred towards the french.
P.S. There is no pricing scheme set for the US or the EU as of yet so I think it's bit early for you to be celebrating fanboy.

Malkavian
Jun 28, 2002, 08:36 AM
The game will sure use the xbox live servers and maybe the fee will be lower than gc one but is still more expensive
PSO XBOX = Xbox live fee (60 year) + PSO fee
PSO GC = 48 a year

saffaya
Jun 28, 2002, 12:19 PM
You justify all my hatred towards the french.

Just what we need in PSO. another xenophobic.

P.S. There is no pricing scheme set for the US or the EU as of yet

You are correct. Since PSO won't be bundled with Xbox live! in Us/Eu, it is still possible that Sega offers free play for it. We'll just see.

so I think it's bit early for you to be celebrating fanboy.

fanboy of ? I have no GC. my Xbox will be here next monday.

BioFan
Jun 28, 2002, 02:04 PM
XBOX's PSO in US and EU won't be free as well...probably even more expensive than in Japan...probably due to currency exchange or something....in GCN version, it's 1500yen/3 months, in US it's $15/3 months, if I am not wrong...but 1500yen is around $12...probably US fee will be more expensive due to currency exchange...but again, definitely we will have to pay as well...it's no doubt at this moment...
oh by the way, I feel a lot better after yesterday's shocking news...well if you think this way, for $50 you can play any XBox Live game....UC, Ghost Recon, Raven shield and counter strike are all free...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif...Although there will be tourneys you need to pay to enter, but you won't need to pay anything extras...So for $60, you can play more than one game...it is considering as if we don't pay Xbox live just for one game....and thus now it seems to me that I only pay Xbox's PSO HL...
I feel that $60 is worth the money, if Xbox live is good....it better be...Xbox has a great dedicated server...unlike PS2's and GCN's, each developer has to has it's own server and run themselves...for $60, you get a great server...you have lots of options not available in the other systems...finding friends, challanging them to any games, even see if they are online in MSN...it will be great...yes PSO will carry additional charges...but it will be on a more dedicated and secure server...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
and btw greg, it's still in XBox live server...it won't be seperated and won't be compatible with GCN's one...XBox's PSO will be one of the games that require an additional monthly fee....expect to pay for such games...probably the next one would be Star Wars Galaxy...

Greg
Jun 29, 2002, 11:12 AM
On 2002-06-28 12:04, BioFan wrote:
XBOX's PSO in US and EU won't be free as well...probably even more expensive than in Japan...probably due to currency exchange or something....in GCN version, it's 1500yen/3 months, in US it's $15/3 months, if I am not wrong...but 1500yen is around $12...probably US fee will be more expensive due to currency exchange...but again, definitely we will have to pay as well...it's no doubt at this moment...

Dude, stop making these wild assumptions.

oh by the way, I feel a lot better after yesterday's shocking news...well if you think this way, for $50 you can play any XBox Live game....UC, Ghost Recon, Raven shield and counter strike are all free...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif...Although there will be tourneys you need to pay to enter, but you won't need to pay anything extras...So for $60, you can play more than one game...it is considering as if we don't pay Xbox live just for one game....and thus now it seems to me that I only pay Xbox's PSO HL...

which may not exist

and btw greg, it's still in XBox live server...it won't be seperated and won't be compatible with GCN's one...XBox's PSO will be one of the games that require an additional monthly fee...

Sega has no justification for charging a fee for server maintaniance for a game not on their servers. Thus sega will either host it independantly or Microsoft will not allow the charge.

Greg
Jun 29, 2002, 11:21 AM
Just what we need in PSO. another xenophobic.

Nah, I hate the french in general. I have many reasons that I won't get into here however I'll just say you help justify them.

You are correct. Since PSO won't be bundled with Xbox live! in Us/Eu, it is still possible that Sega offers free play for it. We'll just see.
It being bundeled is not a good reason to charge for the online service. MS pays OEM fees to sega for the title so sonic team would still make their money. The only way Sonic team can justify the charge is if they are running their own servers, in which case it wouldn't really be part of xbox live. Which is why this whole fiasco is a bit odd.

fanboy of ? I have no GC. my Xbox will be here next monday.

Well, you talk like one.

Parn
Jun 29, 2002, 11:30 AM
Just curious.

Where did the notion that PSO would be hosted on Microsoft's servers come from anyways? People said the same thing when PSO first was announced for GameCube, and that it would be hosted on Nintendo's servers.

Xbox Live being a closed network simply could mean that you'll have to use their service and login through that service to get onto whatever game is part of the Xbox Live network. Sega and any other 3rd party could charge whatever they want. Microsoft's servers could just end up merely relaying the voice chat data, and not much else, really. PSO charging a fee makes that seem even more apparent.

shinokou
Jun 29, 2002, 12:00 PM
On 2002-06-27 13:21, Parn wrote:
My view on this...

just wondering.. umm, WHY would sega want this one to sell over the GC release? Does it really matter which one sells? i dont think sonic team really even wanted to do this game, except for the fact that sega made a deal with MS...

BioFan
Jun 29, 2002, 03:44 PM
well the japanese players don't whine about it...so why do we have to be so cheapskate...so what if we need to pay HL??why do we expect to get everything free??nothing is free...
comeon, don't dream anymore...if Japanese players need to pay, then most probably we need too...if you don't want to pay then don't play online...PSO will carry an additional charge...Sonic Team won't only charge Japanese players...they will charge us too...stop dreaming...Microsoft NEVER said all games will be free in the first place....there is a catch to all those bullshits they gave at E3...they aren't dedicated to us, they just want more omney...and so is Sega...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-29 13:51 ]</font>

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2002, 06:01 AM
there's more things than server maintenance for charge a fee. Like updates, patches, new quests, etc..

WinterMute
Jun 30, 2002, 09:20 AM
The pay to play for a non-mmorpg is extravegant especially when it cost full price to purchase. Most PC game that dont charge for a play have an everage of 32 players max. They provide servers and patches and maps for free. The most similar game I can thinkof to PSO is Diablo2 and that is free after initial purchase and you are supplied with patches, updates and cube recipes. Plus the patch b4 xpansion completely revamped game play and there is one to come which will ensure a better play experience. Q3 is the same as they release maps, patches, models and provide host servers. The games which you do pay to play are generally mass-mulitplyer-online-role-playing-games, these have thousands of players, dynamic realtime stories and you get patches, updates and quests.

Now with out malitiously dissin PSO, and there developers, u get the games, and free downloadable quest and the abillity to play with 3 others. This all well and good, but on a pc you would expect more or some very very strong cheat protection. Plus the game is aimed at a younger audience then say sof2, and you have to keep in mind that some kids would be spending a substantial chunk of there pocket money on this game.

Besides many people think that 30-50 bucks is to much for a mere computergame is to much.