PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong with HUmars??

RebirthFlame
Sep 6, 2004, 04:47 PM
I have a friend who Says HUmars are the worst you can possibly be.... but i beg to differ...
I really Like playing as HUmars... I think they are cool!
My Friend says "No one will paly with you Online because they are RUBBISH"
And i Say
"Yes they will!"

Is it true that no one will play with me On EP I & II?? Because i cant play as any other character and I Love em..

Getintothegame
Sep 6, 2004, 04:55 PM
Online, there is usually a stereotype with people that HUmars are n00bish and use hacks, like a BKB and maxed out 100% weapons.

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 04:56 PM
I play with any of the 12 characters as long as you dont cheat. HUmars are cool they look like normal men. Costume colours are good.

KaFKa
Sep 6, 2004, 04:58 PM
HU/RA/FO-mars are usually the worst character of any class because of their stats and overall shittyness.

i personally loathe anyone who uses them and says they are the best class for their section.

Akulamenuri
Sep 6, 2004, 04:58 PM
That's a lie, there reason alot of people dont like HUmar is that its usually the first choice for n00bs. HUmar and FOmarl are my favorites because of there balance growth potential.

Solstis
Sep 6, 2004, 04:59 PM
As a HUmar, your goal is to not take yourself seriously.

If you accomplish that goal, people will readily play with you.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

RebirthFlame
Sep 6, 2004, 04:59 PM
I dont like Cheaters or Hackers, I just Love HUmars... Im always one.
Its just what my friend says really Bothers me...

"HUmars a Rubbish and Nobody will ever play with them"
That Just got to me.. I just wanna know if anyone from PSOW will play online with me When i get it online (Which should be in 2-3 Weeks)

KaFKa
Sep 6, 2004, 05:01 PM
people on PSOW generally dont mind what class you are as long as you can play pretty well.

Elvendar
Sep 6, 2004, 05:20 PM
Actually, it's for a number of reasons.

1. No high Shifta/Deband.
2. General distaste online (Meaning they are commonly played by cheating, illiterate people who often are assholes.)
3. Distaste for the costumes.

Calibur
Sep 6, 2004, 05:28 PM
Meaning they are commonly played by cheating, illiterate people who often are assholes

so true.

but still people will play with you as long as you are not a cheater...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2005-08-23 12:31 ]</font>

RebirthFlame
Sep 6, 2004, 05:28 PM
HUmar...
I play well as them (You dont want to see me play as a HUnewearl/HUcast/HUcaseal/All od the RA's/All of the FO'd... So what if they have a bad dress sense... I just want to know this... It'll be bugging me for the rest of the night if i dont find out.

LordWaffle
Sep 6, 2004, 06:23 PM
Do what you want, you're paying the fee for playing online after all.

Eihwaz
Sep 6, 2004, 06:29 PM
Actually, I think they're one of the better HUnters. They have good enough ATA, and decent growth on it, more than enough ATP, and very well-rounded stats.

And it's not that hard to make a good looking one, provided you steer clear of those fugly black costumes and white hair. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tycho
Sep 6, 2004, 06:38 PM
Meh. Humar is the last class I'd ever play. I dislike human chara, male chara, bad dressed chara, unoriginal chara, and (partly) hybrid chara. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

milat
Sep 6, 2004, 07:09 PM
Lets others think what they want, as long as you don't cheat/hack at all, ignore anyones rants and raves.

La-la-la, I can't hear you....

Garm
Sep 7, 2004, 12:58 AM
hunewearl hack/cheat/dupe way more than humar period the only difference is that they do know how to play in a team. theres nothing wrong with a humar

vdechpokket
Sep 7, 2004, 01:39 AM
why do you care what other people thinks anyway, there are plenty of people who will play with you, i'm sure about it,

i think you wouldn't want to play with those who cares about little thing like this anyway, just do what you want. as someone said, you are paying for your license, if you don't cheat, there will be enough people playing with you.

Nai_Calus
Sep 7, 2004, 01:48 AM
On 2004-09-06 16:38, Tycho wrote:
Meh. Humar is the last class I'd ever play. I dislike human chara, male chara, bad dressed chara, unoriginal chara, and (partly) hybrid chara. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

So you hate every single instance of every class in the game? >_>;

Human takes care of HUmar, RAmar, RAmarl(!), FOmar and FOmarl(!). Male takes care of HUmar, HUcast, RAmar, RAcast, FOmar and FOnewm. Bad dressed takes care of most HUmars, all HUnewearls, all RAmars, most RAmarls, most FOmars, all FOmarls, most FOnewms and all FOnewearls. Unoriginal takes care of HUmar(Whee! Look at me, I'm a futuristic samurai who hits things! Nur nur!), HUcast(I am big chunk of metal. I hit things and they die), HUcaseal(I am robotic ninja chick! Fear my buttcleavage!) HUnewearl(I am scantily clad warrior babe elf chick, hurrr), RAmar(I shoot things. Rawr.), RAmarl(I am bitchy-looking military ho, ph34r), RAcast(*beep* i r mecha. *beep*) RAcaseal(I am cute and I have a biiiig gun lolz!), FOmar(ph34r me, the stately stereotypical warrior mage!) and FOnewearl(Tee hee! I am small cute magic user! Look at my panties! Tee hee!). Hybrid chara takes care of HUnewearl, RAmarl, FOmar and FOmarl.

Soo... You don't like any of the classes, why do you play? n.n

Seriously, outside of cmode, HUmar is the only HU I can stand. Don't like HUcast's stat balance(Barf, all ATP), don't like HUnewearl(Bor-ing. Tried it several times, just can't stick with it), HUcaseal is good but only in c-mode, I like being able to provide support in a normal game.

Sure, he doesn't have S/D. That's part of why I like him. He's something of a challenge. None of this "Lalala, S/D/J/Z spam whack whack that was boring why am I playing, lalalal" crap you get with a HUnewearl. He has Resta, but not very good Resta. He has Anti which is 99.9% of the time more than he possibly needs(How often are you close enough to Anti 7 someone without being frozen yourself unless you're a FOml/FOnl?), and J/Z just strong enough to be useful. He has good ATA, good growth on that ATA, the second highest ATP in the game and his other stats are decent. He's male, and has the generally superior(IMO) male animations. Unlike with HUct/HUnl/HUcl, I can make a couple of HUmars I like the looks of enough to stare at the back of their head for 680 hours without going insane.

Kind of like why I like FOmars. XP It's a challenge. Hell no you're not going to be uber. Who wants to be? If you're a one-person uber tank unto yourself, why even bother playing with other people? Just cast your S/D on yourself, J/Z on the monsters and play solo, that's what your char is good at, right? Me, I prefer having something that will function well in a team situation and still be able to run by itself if I find the need to do so. *shrug* Hell, I've played support HUmar before. XP It's fun. >_>; And HUmar J/Z is nice when you have idiot HUnl/RAml/FOs who haven't yet figured out that oh hey, J/Z are actually BETTER than S/D in a lot of situations. XP

So yeah. >_>; Tycho hates all classes, and the reason I like HUmars is precisely that they suck. n.n

Deus-Irae
Sep 7, 2004, 03:52 AM
You can all kneel now:

http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/deussgun.png

teh Deus has arrived. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/drakee.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 7, 2004, 03:59 AM
http://www.iankunx.net/ianface.jpg

Pwned. >_> (Ph34r teh BLACKAN section ID. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Ok, so it's a character creation screen. XP)

Deus-Irae
Sep 7, 2004, 06:45 AM
lol, black wouldve been a cool ID. but then everyone would have wanted one. (just like the colored names in Reservoir Dogs) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 7, 2004, 07:03 AM
Black looks better than his real ID. Well, his GC one. He's ORAN on GC and WHITILL on BB. >_>;

And on both systems, he still pwns. XP *hugs his HUmar* I wub j00, even if you suck. Actually, I wub j00 because you DO suck.

<Ian-Kun X> ...Gee, thanks. >_>

RadiantLegend
Sep 7, 2004, 08:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/lordaim/PSO/HUstrike.jpg

....deadly....

Gynn_Rei
Sep 7, 2004, 12:40 PM
It's what you make of your character, change the outfit drasticly so it doesn't look like the default character anymore. Change the proportion and you will see BA Baracus from the A-Team will arise as a RAmar. It's what you make of it with your inspiration, got none, try default and let it inspire you.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 7, 2004, 01:21 PM
there's nothing wrong with a HUmar if you play him right. Yes, it is the choice of n00bs but hey, they gotta start sometime. IMO the most balanced Hunter is the HUnewearl, not the HUmar.

goku4ever
Sep 7, 2004, 02:11 PM
On 2004-09-06 23:48, Ian-KunX wrote:
He has good ATA, good growth on that ATA,

Lol tell me about it especially when he has a mag with level 70 dex on it! whoops....

RebirthFlame
Sep 7, 2004, 02:56 PM
hunewearl hack/cheat/dupe way more than humar period the only difference is that they do know how to play in a team. theres nothing wrong with a humar
Seriously... When i get online (DECEMBER NOW GRRRRR)
Ill try and find you to play with =)

Fireal
Sep 7, 2004, 04:04 PM
It's not the actual characters that cheat, it's the people behind them.
And I think if they compiled some stats they would find that there are a higher % of HUmar users who cheat.
Generally because the highest % of people use HUmars.

They are sterotypically the cheaters character though.

Shadowpawn
Sep 7, 2004, 04:09 PM
Who hates Humars?!?!?!?! They are the best!

Skorpius
Sep 7, 2004, 04:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/SkorpOwn.png
>.>

Meh, I don't dislike HUmars, but I also don't obsess over them. They're ok, but one reason why I dislike them is that they tend to suck due to lack of decent advantages (starting each difficulty, Lv1 20 40 80, getting the atp/ata for a wep, support, healing).

Unoriginal takes care of HUmar(Whee! Look at me, I'm a futuristic samurai who hits things! Nur nur!), HUcast(I am big chunk of metal. I hit things and they die), HUcaseal(I am robotic ninja chick! Fear my buttcleavage!) HUnewearl(I am scantily clad warrior babe elf chick, hurrr), RAmar(I shoot things. Rawr.), RAmarl(I am bitchy-looking military ho, ph34r), RAcast(*beep* i r mecha. *beep*) RAcaseal(I am cute and I have a biiiig gun lolz!), FOmar(ph34r me, the stately stereotypical warrior mage!) and FOnewearl(Tee hee! I am small cute magic user! Look at my panties! Tee hee!).
ROFL XD

RebirthFlame
Sep 8, 2004, 01:58 AM
When i get online I'll meet some of you up then on PSO EP I&II on one of the EU Lobbies. =)
Oh and one more thing. Is the HUmar powerful enough to do Ultimate mode because my frined says that they cannot.

Tycho
Sep 8, 2004, 03:08 PM

So you hate every single instance of every class in the game? >_>;

Human takes care of HUmar, RAmar, RAmarl(!), FOmar and FOmarl(!). Male takes care of HUmar, HUcast, RAmar, RAcast, FOmar and FOnewm. Bad dressed takes care of most HUmars, all HUnewearls, all RAmars, most RAmarls, most FOmars, all FOmarls, most FOnewms and all FOnewearls. Unoriginal takes care of HUmar(Whee! Look at me, I'm a futuristic samurai who hits things! Nur nur!), HUcast(I am big chunk of metal. I hit things and they die), HUcaseal(I am robotic ninja chick! Fear my buttcleavage!) HUnewearl(I am scantily clad warrior babe elf chick, hurrr), RAmar(I shoot things. Rawr.), RAmarl(I am bitchy-looking military ho, ph34r), RAcast(*beep* i r mecha. *beep*) RAcaseal(I am cute and I have a biiiig gun lolz!), FOmar(ph34r me, the stately stereotypical warrior mage!) and FOnewearl(Tee hee! I am small cute magic user! Look at my panties! Tee hee!). Hybrid chara takes care of HUnewearl, RAmarl, FOmar and FOmarl.

Soo... You don't like any of the classes, why do you play? n.n

Seriously, outside of cmode, HUmar is the only HU I can stand. Don't like HUcast's stat balance(Barf, all ATP), don't like HUnewearl(Bor-ing. Tried it several times, just can't stick with it), HUcaseal is good but only in c-mode, I like being able to provide support in a normal game.

Sure, he doesn't have S/D. That's part of why I like him. He's something of a challenge. None of this "Lalala, S/D/J/Z spam whack whack that was boring why am I playing, lalalal" crap you get with a HUnewearl. He has Resta, but not very good Resta. He has Anti which is 99.9% of the time more than he possibly needs(How often are you close enough to Anti 7 someone without being frozen yourself unless you're a FOml/FOnl?), and J/Z just strong enough to be useful. He has good ATA, good growth on that ATA, the second highest ATP in the game and his other stats are decent. He's male, and has the generally superior(IMO) male animations. Unlike with HUct/HUnl/HUcl, I can make a couple of HUmars I like the looks of enough to stare at the back of their head for 680 hours without going insane.

Kind of like why I like FOmars. XP It's a challenge. Hell no you're not going to be uber. Who wants to be? If you're a one-person uber tank unto yourself, why even bother playing with other people? Just cast your S/D on yourself, J/Z on the monsters and play solo, that's what your char is good at, right? Me, I prefer having something that will function well in a team situation and still be able to run by itself if I find the need to do so. *shrug* Hell, I've played support HUmar before. XP It's fun. >_>; And HUmar J/Z is nice when you have idiot HUnl/RAml/FOs who haven't yet figured out that oh hey, J/Z are actually BETTER than S/D in a lot of situations. XP

So yeah. >_>; Tycho hates all classes, and the reason I like HUmars is precisely that they suck. n.n

Hehe. Thank you for your reply. I guess you had an easy time at owning my last post, considering I didn't put much time and reason in it.
Anyway, I don't care about stats either, that's why I preffered Racaseal over Racast. But even so, BECAUSE of the stats being sucky doesn't make him a better choice for me either. Like I said, the stats don't matter as much to me. Their style of play on the other hand can annoy me, and looking bad does too. For this reason (style of play) I don't like human/hybrid chara. Male because I just can't stand the way they look. x_x;, except maybe the forces.

With unoriginal and badly dressed, I am reffering to the androids in particular (bad choice of words before, gomen). You can only configure a few things about them, making nearly all of them the same. I hate that.
I played Fonl, Hunl, and Racl because they didn't irritate me as much, and I managed to make them look somewhat good, but lately my Huney is starting to piss me off. At the start I did like the way I was to play her, but gradually it got worse. Maybe I'll use that Hucaseal some time, the one after that may be Newm.
I like the possibility of being original when creating a character, this DOES get harder with Androids. And humars just all look the same to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Perhaps you didn't really see it, but when I said I liked original chara in my earlier post, I did not mean impossible to stereotype. I know you can do that with all of the classes (hey, ya forgot Fomarl and Newm!).
By the way, in contrary to what you're stating, the game does not become useless and lame if your character is stronger. There are still quite decent challenges in the game, that will make it still useful to become stronger; Works being the most important one as of yet. Maybe Challenge being another (though here only advancement of the skill of the player would matter, not the chara level or equipment).
And chat is still an important reason to keep playing, it's far more interesting than levelling, even on chara that have krappy stats. ;o

But to make my point more clear; no, I don't hate all classes, but I do dislike Humars for all looking the same IMO.

Calibur
Sep 8, 2004, 04:47 PM
On 2004-09-07 23:58, RebirthFlame wrote:
Is the HUmar powerful enough to do Ultimate mode because my frined says that they cannot.

of course they can...whats wrong whit your friend?...

Eihwaz
Sep 8, 2004, 05:39 PM
On 2004-09-07 12:11, goku4ever wrote:

He has good ATA, good growth on that ATA,

Lol tell me about it especially when he has a mag with level 70 dex on it! whoops....

You sir, are a FUCKING DUMBASS if you put 70 ATA on a HUmar's Mag. They need at tops, 52 on the Mag. That is the absolute maximum amount of Dex any mag for a HUmar should have. Then maybe a God/Arm or two. About the only character that will need that much Dex is a HUnewearl, or perhaps for a low level RAmarl. Maaaybe melee newm, but I think 60 and two God/Arms would work fine. :3

Also, Skorpius/Ragolismine, your HUmars are very cool looking. Even though they look freakishly similar. o_O;

EDIT: Hehe, I guess I can post a pic of my expiremental HUmar design. Meet Nauthiz.

http://www.psocc.vonetwork.com/eihwaz/Nauthiz.JPG
Ph34r my character creation screen snapshots! >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-08 22:01 ]</font>

Zeik123
Sep 8, 2004, 05:42 PM
It sounds like you're freind is full of crap. BIG TIME. My level 143 HUmar is at a high enough level to own more of Ulti. He can make the forest enem'y look like punks. I'm nt sure how to get a picture so I'll just descripbe mine. I chance my suit some times and have two of them I use. I use a black suit with solid blue hair. It's ends almost al around the bottem of his head. I hope you know what the heck I'm talkin about. Anyway, he other suit is a white suit with some blue on it and black on the back side near his legs. He's got a that long hair but braided. It's a black hear style. I think I jsut kept the face. If somebody with a good idea what this looks like can put a picture I'd be glad. Anyway he can do everything he needs to survive. The only thing that gives be trouble is the center control area. Thes stupied monkes and there stunning... The other one is anything that spits Megid or any other 1 hit KO. With some careful planning and the use of my Demo comet, Red handgun, and my Chainsawd, he's more than ready for Ulti. So I'm afraid you're freind is full of it.

DragonFang
Sep 8, 2004, 06:55 PM
Nothing is wrong with HUmars. They are as good as any other hunter class when used efficiently.

Now all you HUmar haters stop hatin'.

Skorpius
Sep 8, 2004, 07:19 PM
On 2004-09-08 15:39, Eihwaz wrote:
Also, Skorpius/Ragolismine, your HUmars are very cool looking.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif Thanks. His theme is pretty thought out, and everything works together, He doesn't look "stoopid", as Tycho would say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 8, 2004, 11:52 PM
Actually, wazzy, you're a dumbass. n.n

HUmar needs exactly 52 DEX to max at L200. :3 See, he's 26 ATA off max then. >.>

Eihwaz
Sep 8, 2004, 11:58 PM
On 2004-09-08 21:52, Ian-KunX wrote:
Actually, wazzy, you're a dumbass. n.n

HUmar needs exactly 52 DEX to max at L200. :3 See, he's 26 ATA off max then. >.>

Well, yeah. But at reasonable levels, 50 Dex is more than good enough...besides, I didn't say that you needed 50 Dex on the Mag to max ATA. XP

Jasam
Sep 9, 2004, 10:49 AM
(strangles rebirth)
ok... maby i talked to fast or sommit mate, as you seem to be twisting my words here....

Before i get a reputation when somone traces this to me... i better set stuff straight...

WTF.... of corse a HUmar can do ultimate... I just warned you it would be a lot harder than you seem to think it will be, as youve never been pasr v.hard... how you changed it to that i dunno...

I also never said noone will play with a HUmar, I only told you about there stero type online, how you changed that I dunno either. (i never said people wouldn't play with you)

I also told you a lot about their stats and how that compared.... i have no idea if that has anything to do with what you think i said?

uh.... I think thats all you twisted/misunderstood/made up, or what ever.... anything else i'm gonna need to clear up people? I may have missed sommit (man I hate it when this happens)

RebirthFlame
Sep 9, 2004, 05:12 PM
On 2004-09-09 08:49, Jasam wrote:
(strangles rebirth)
ok... maby i talked to fast or sommit mate, as you seem to be twisting my words here....

Before i get a reputation when somone traces this to me... i better set stuff straight...

WTF.... of corse a HUmar can do ultimate... I just warned you it would be a lot harder than you seem to think it will be, as youve never been pasr v.hard... how you changed it to that i dunno...

I also never said noone will play with a HUmar, I only told you about there stero type online, how you changed that I dunno either. (i never said people wouldn't play with you)

I also told you a lot about their stats and how that compared.... i have no idea if that has anything to do with what you think i said?

uh.... I think thats all you twisted/misunderstood/made up, or what ever.... anything else i'm gonna need to clear up people? I may have missed sommit (man I hate it when this happens)

Do i know you or something?? Lol j/k
I wondered how long you would take to show Yourself you HUmar hater.. Whats that you always say to me??

Change that HUmar into a SKYLY HUnewearl as they are Stereo Types of the People who FSOD People and other stuff

Okay now to clear this up:
1) I HAVE GOTTEN TO ULTIMATE MODE BUT GOT RID OF THE GAME (Foolish Mistake i made but i got it back)

2) I DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND/TWIST OR MAKE STUFF UP

That went well ^_^... Now i got the reputation.. cheers mate.
Whatever happens to this topic etc. etc. is now up to you... If people still like me ill see you Online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RebirthFlame on 2004-09-09 15:21 ]</font>

RebirthFlame
Sep 12, 2004, 03:37 PM
I now declare this topic officially DEAD!!
Unless you want to add something to it??

goku4ever
Sep 13, 2004, 10:53 AM
Please dont double post, next time edit your previous post. The edit button is at the bottom of your post

Genoa
Sep 13, 2004, 08:54 PM
HUmar is a character that most beginners choose do too looks and description. If you find out there status, compared to other characters from experiance, you might find other characters you wouldn't dream of making being alot better/funner for you.

Example: My 1st character on PSO EVER was HUmar. On Version 2 for dreamcast. (borrowed game from friend)
I liked the game, when I got GC, I heard PSO was coming out for it. I got it for christmas. I made a RAmar this time. I thought he was awesome. Got him to lvl 89. Then my friend accidentally turned off my game when it was saving... (btw, seeing he goes to PSOW now, I can tell you his name. The one who corrupted my file Was DekaoTheRAmar)
Anyways, after making other characters, getting my RAmarl to 100 something, I had a slight interest to try FOmar just because. I was bored, didn't really care, and ... was bored...
And guess what, my favorite character is FOmar.
FOmar + RAmarl are my absolute favorites. In HU's, it would be HUnewearl for me. I perfer the one with the most MST in the HU and RA class, but in FO I wanted the character that resisted its class stats. (as in he is more Melee and less Magic)

I recommend playing with all the charcters, get them to around 40 or so, then you will be able to determine which character you like the most. Don't take peoples advice for YOUR character. You need your own personal experiance with each, as did I.

Daikarin
Sep 14, 2004, 07:22 AM
On 2004-09-06 16:23, LordWaffle wrote:
Do what you want, you're paying the fee for playing online after all.