PDA

View Full Version : Ulimate

Swan
Sep 6, 2004, 05:16 PM
Today my brother handed over his Lv. 62 HUmar to me, and I got to V.hard ruins. so now that I am hapilly 3 area's away from ult, what can I expect there?

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 05:20 PM
Most enemies are different and the levels are different colours

Corey
Sep 6, 2004, 05:21 PM
well prolly alot of owning

Delsabers and the such are so much faster in VH and Ult...
So if your not used to it, you'll have tiny bit of trouble, but you can beat it

Fun huh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

In Ult mode...you'll have trouble completely most likely. Gotta love them Bartles and Ob Lillies.
At 62 anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-06 15:22 ]</font>

Elvendar
Sep 6, 2004, 05:22 PM
Monsters generally have higher HP and are faster, along with dealing stronger attacks.

There's no change in AI or anything. You can still do the same old tricks, though the speed of monsters may make it riskier.

Corey
Sep 6, 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-09-06 15:22, Elvendar wrote:
Monsters generally have higher HP and are faster, along with dealing stronger attacks.

There's no change in AI or anything. You can still do the same old tricks, though the speed of monsters may make it riskier.

You can't really make the Delsaber have fun with you anymore in ult...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Especially the hellish four somes...
And since your a HUmar...
Don't do techs to enemies who don't become invincible for a short amount of time...

And weaknesses change o.o
And bosses are very diffrent...
No, most tricks CHANGE.

Tycho
Sep 6, 2004, 05:32 PM
Meh. They take more hits, are faster, knock ya down more easily, and have more ata/evp.

Just level a but and you'll be ok. But less ok than you used to be in VH.

Asura_UK
Sep 6, 2004, 05:35 PM
ULTIMATE mode is really a remix on the original game with slight changes to alot of things, and some things left the way they were.

Just talking about Forest which you should do first, you will notice that there is now a sunset. Rappies are white instead of yellow. Most of the enemies are alot fatter, looking like they are coated in thick armor. Sometimes you'll get a rare Hildetorr that can kill you in one hit by spitting megid. All the enemies have different names. Also, to make it more difficult there are more chances to be affected with status changes. Moths can poison you, Gulgus (the new wolves) can slow you, Hildelt (like electric Hildebears) can shock you, and the Sil Dragon (new boss) will freeze you when you touch it.

Every level has lots of changes like these. Ruins, Central Control Area and Seabed havent changed too much I think. Its all harder though obviously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-06 15:47 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 6, 2004, 07:47 PM
You'll also notice that in P2, you can see the sky of Ragol. The story is that it takes place a while after Vhard, and the enemies have mutated further, and that P2 has begun to land.

Oh, expect to deal crap damage, miss frequently, get pwned a lot, and whatnot. -_-

Dhylec
Sep 6, 2004, 08:04 PM
in ult, you will prolly pop something along the line, 'how can something so big & ugly, move so fast & hurt so much?' XD

Miroku77
Sep 6, 2004, 09:55 PM
Getting hit more, taking more damage, missing more, diying much more, and barely being able to run away from guys are all part of the fun you will incounter in ult. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif HAVE FUN http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Evil_Althena8
Sep 7, 2004, 12:02 AM
death death and more death are in store for you. I recommend staying away from the Ruins until you are quite strong enough. Also, be careful of Ob Lilies, they spit death, literally.

goku4ever
Sep 7, 2004, 02:19 PM
i got into ultimate at around lvl 62, just be sure to use jellen and zalure a lot, and have a mag with myalla and youlla. Also be prepared to resta after practically every couple of hits.

Zeik123
Sep 7, 2004, 07:40 PM
Be ready to die. That all I can really tell you. Everything is a little different. All the stages have SOMETHINg different about them.I have troble and I'm at level 143 with some of the best items around from a red handgun 65% Beast (Great for caves) to a Demo comet, my best freind in the world.

FOmar_Schmidt
Sep 8, 2004, 12:23 AM
I just started in Ult myself, i haven't even beat the forest yet, and I'm level 87. But one thing i can say is that you have to hit twice and run. Don't try the third hit untill you are sure that they will miss, or that you won't fall down. I have it a little worse than you... I raised my FOmar, prolly the most average class... into even more averageness... meaning my mag has 37/47/58/58... his I.Q. is also 200, but his sync changes every so often... 'cause I die alot. It's prolly better to say in the V.Hard ruins for a while, and make sure that you can own D.Falz first, then try ult.

Maybe I should head my own advice....

Fomar0153
Sep 8, 2004, 05:56 AM
Beware of ob lilies and look out for nice rares eg ruby bullet

Mystil
Sep 8, 2004, 08:40 AM
What you will expect in Ult Caves is:

Ob lilies shoot Megid 30 which has half room range. Mil Lilys or the rare Lily ones have a full room range megid.

In Ult Mines, you will expect to never knock down any of the gilchics by doing standing 1 2 3 attacks til you're probably 150 :/. My hu is 158 and still cant knock them down consistantly. They will attack you DURING your attack sequence. Baranz will most likely kill you.

In Ult Ruins, Delsabers are now the most powerful enemy in the entire game next to Delbiters in Ep II(hell they are worse than biters in ult..) That have the potential to kill you in just two at lv80. Those stone enemies called Inda Belra, now shoots its claws at you from afar CONTINUOUSLY and at amazing recoiling speed.

This is for online.

Offline, you can have 155ATA and hit more than a hu with the same ATA who is playing on ult online. It's crazy but its VERY EASY offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-08 06:41 ]</font>