PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: My HUmar-Do you think this is alright?

Axel3792
Sep 7, 2004, 08:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/dasmachtsnichts/AxelHUmarFinal.jpg

Please, be critical-it lets you know what's wrong in a hurry (ty)

Axel

Skuda
Sep 7, 2004, 09:00 PM
Hey, That's pretty good. A nother spikey haired HUmar to add to the ranks! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif advice, eh? other than the legs looking a little short, I must say you've done a pretty good job.

Try and flesh out the proportions on a seperate peice of paper untill they look right, then try and match your picture with what you want.

good on ya!

we need all the Fan Artists we can get here... since The CG goddesses Navinator and SHINE havn't been too active lately.

BTW, I love the spikeys on the shoulder guard.

KaFKa
Sep 7, 2004, 09:11 PM
is it just me, or is his dragon slayer a machete?

his face looks like it got smashed with a shovel, to be blunt.

aside from those, nice one, and welcome to fanworks.

ladyjaderiver
Sep 8, 2004, 01:26 AM
Well, since you want a critique...

I'll just start at the top.

His face looks a bit weird. It could be the angle, it could just be that his chin is oddly drawn. At any rate, something about it bothers me. It also looks rather flat, as I believe Kafka pointed out. His hair looks pretty good, though.

Moving on, his neck seems... REALLY thick. I mean, thicker than a body builder's. Too thick. Yes, I noticed that you wanted this character to appear really muscular, but that's a bit too much. It makes it look like he has more muscle in his neck than anywhere else on his body. o.O

I like the spikes that you added to the shoulder pad thing. However, that part of the costume/outfit sticks out a lot farther than the rest of the armour, so I think it would be a good idea to fix that up and make it look more like in the game. Of course, that part is up to you, because every person has some degree of artistic license.

His arms and body look, on the whole quite good. You seem to have a pretty good knowledge of the musculature of the arms and torso. However, they are at a contrasting angle to his face and neck, creating a rather awkward feel when looking at the image.

The sword that he has seems to be much too short to actually be from the game. It may just be that you ran out of paper (I do such things all the time when I run out of room). *shrug* At any rate, I can't tell what it is because of that.

His legs do seem a bit short, as someone else pointed out. Also, his left leg (on the right side of the drawing) seems to be hyper-extended, to the point where he must have no knee cap. When the knees are locked, which this pose would suggest, the legs are slightly curved outward, but not that much. You should watch out for things like that in the future. If you're not already doing this when drawing, sketch out a stick figure inside your character, to make sure that their pose is realistic. That should help immensely. If you don't like doing that after you've got down a base sketch, you can do what I do and draw a "glorified stick figure" before you draw anything else.

You seem to have done quite well with the foreshortening on his feet. I also like the details you have added to his shoes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It's also nice that you tried to include a background, but it's so simple compared to the character that it's really just a distraction. If you added in a few more details, even just a few rocks or tufts of grass near his feet, it would feel more complete.

Woooh... Long post. Hope you find this helpful.