PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Alex & Ana - colored pencils

RequiemHC
Sep 8, 2004, 02:58 PM
Yea, I'm going to CG the pic..but I wanna give everyone a colored version before I do. Work has me stressed lately, so that's why it's taking me so long. And now, without further ado..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/TeknoGothyk/AlexAnaCP.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RequiemHC on 2004-09-08 12:59 ]</font>

Sagasu
Sep 8, 2004, 03:04 PM
Kirei na..

mr_rubbish
Sep 8, 2004, 03:04 PM
*grins for some unrelated reason*

I don't know her name, but now that she's in colour, i think that the one on the left's mouth looks... 'wrong'? maybe it needs to be moved a touch down or something?
I'm not sure since i'm a writer and not an artist...

RequiemHC
Sep 8, 2004, 03:12 PM
ah..maybe I should have said which girl is which. Alexei is the younger twin, with the eyepatch..oddly enough, she's the sniper. Anastasia is the redhead, and a mechgun nut.

on a side question...what's "Kirei na" mean?

-Z
Sep 8, 2004, 03:24 PM
pretty good, and a nice evolution from the sketch posted earlier, but here comes good old constructive criticism.

(*sigh*, how do i say this without sounding with a pervert...)

... *still thinking*

oh hell, i'll just say it, but know that i'm just saying this for constructive criticism http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Alexei's left breast just seems to dissapeare completely. the way it seems, Anastasia's right breast was meant to go along somehwere in between Alexei's, but theres not much gap showing any evidence of something else of that size is there, and thus it throws the immage into my mind that it just dissapears there. i dunno if its just me, but its just something i noticed.

nevertheless, a good pic, and a TehDeluxeYoink! (http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mech/ziz/Theif2.gif) for you ^_^

RequiemHC
Sep 8, 2004, 03:27 PM
pretty good, and a nice evolution from the sketch posted earlier, but here comes good old constructive criticism.

(*sigh*, how do i say this without sounding with a pervert...)

... *still thinking*

oh hell, i'll just say it, but know that i'm just saying this for constructive criticism

Alexei's left breast just seems to dissapeare completely. the way it seems, Anastasia's right breast was meant to go along somehwere in between Alexei's, but theres not much gap showing any evidence of something else of that size is there, and thus it throws the immage into my mind that it just dissapears there. i dunno if its just me, but its just something i noticed.

nevertheless, a good pic, and a TehDeluxeYoink! for you ^_^

Yea, I see it now too. Their breasts are kinda supposed to be squished together, but I didn't quite pull that illusion off correctly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zzzzzz
Sep 8, 2004, 05:42 PM
Heh, The color pencils make their world so much more pretty. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It gets better and better as you progress more. Keep it up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ladyjaderiver
Sep 8, 2004, 06:23 PM
Well, you said a full critique would be fine where you put the colour version, so here goes:

The colours really make the picture look nice. I think it'll be just awesome once it's coloured. However, there are a few things with the lineart that could have been improved on.

For example, the one on the right... Anastasia I think it was, her neck seems to be too long. It makes her look a bit freaky. Otherwise, her expression is good (and it shows that she has an attitude).

The girl on the left's mouth seems a bit weird... With her serious expression, it seems like her mouth should be angled more downward than you have it. Also, I would imagine that her hair would come over her eyepatch, but I guess that's up to you, since she's your character and it's your drawing.

The hair on both girls seems like it could be a little more flowy, loose and girly than it is. Trust me, I have hair that length - it doesn't behave that nice, not even after it's been brushed.

Overall, their bodies seem to be quite good. (The pose really reminds me of Miki and Kozue Kaoru from Revolutionary Girl: Utena... They are also twins, only Miki is a boy and Kozue is a girl.) I like how you even showed the gathering of the fabric at the base of the puffy upper sleeves - do you know anything about sewing? Because that's quite accurate, if there were elastic in the bottom of the sleeves.

So good job, and I can't wait to see the CGed version!

RequiemHC
Sep 8, 2004, 07:28 PM
Well, you said a full critique would be fine where you put the colour version, so here goes:

The colours really make the picture look nice. I think it'll be just awesome once it's coloured. However, there are a few things with the lineart that could have been improved on.

For example, the one on the right... Anastasia I think it was, her neck seems to be too long. It makes her look a bit freaky. Otherwise, her expression is good (and it shows that she has an attitude).

The girl on the left's mouth seems a bit weird... With her serious expression, it seems like her mouth should be angled more downward than you have it. Also, I would imagine that her hair would come over her eyepatch, but I guess that's up to you, since she's your character and it's your drawing.

The hair on both girls seems like it could be a little more flowy, loose and girly than it is. Trust me, I have hair that length - it doesn't behave that nice, not even after it's been brushed.

Overall, their bodies seem to be quite good. (The pose really reminds me of Miki and Kozue Kaoru from Revolutionary Girl: Utena... They are also twins, only Miki is a boy and Kozue is a girl.) I like how you even showed the gathering of the fabric at the base of the puffy upper sleeves - do you know anything about sewing? Because that's quite accurate, if there were elastic in the bottom of the sleeves.

So good job, and I can't wait to see the CGed version!

o_O

Well..that was quite a critique! I actually got lucky with the cloth gathering on the sleeves..I usually SUCK at drawing that stuff. I actually got the pose from a Tifa/Aerith hentai pic I found among my reference files on my computer..I wasn't quite going for perverted stuff here, but I liked the pose and it fit the girls well. Just for you, Ladyjaderiver, I shall endeavor to CG Alexei and Anastasia as soon as possible! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Sep 8, 2004, 07:48 PM
i still say the pose is annoying to those that can control themselves.

but, a small critique. as -Z said, one of the breasts dissapears. the blue one looks like she is wearing a dress (or a skirt, whichever.) like LJR said, their hair is really, REALLY tame. it takes a LOT of hair spray to make it act like it is in the pic. (as a married man i know this through involuntary observation. -_-) i myself think its because of the hard lines used for the hair. (although i could be worng, since i don't draw.)

other than those discrepancies, i would say its quite good. do you have any plans for further projects?

RequiemHC
Sep 8, 2004, 08:02 PM
further projects..yes, actually. my next pic involving the twins will also contain their commander, my RAmar, Anubis. I was thinking something Metal Gear Solid-ish.

ladyjaderiver
Sep 8, 2004, 11:03 PM
I look forward to seeing your future works. Now, off to see the CG!