PDA

View Full Version : Why cant we just enjoy the game without cheaters

AngelEyez
Sep 8, 2004, 03:17 PM
I havent been hacked yet or find a hacked item but from all i hear its bad! I cant imagine losing my stuff!Cant the company come out with a patch or sumthin like diablo2

VioletSkye
Sep 8, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-09-08 13:17, AngelEyez wrote:
I havent been hacked yet or find a hacked item but from all i hear its bad! I cant imagine losing my stuff!Cant the company come out with a patch or sumthin like diablo2

you won't lose your stuff from "hackers." You may lose them due to corruption but thats about it and thats a risk all of the console PSO players face.

Shadowpawn
Sep 8, 2004, 05:22 PM
A hacked item doesn't pose a threat...that's all it is...a hacked item. It would be pretty hard for them to patch this game...considering most of it can be edited offline and the hacks are then brought online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-08 15:23 ]</font>

AngelEyez
Sep 8, 2004, 09:23 PM
OH ok well hmm guess i got it wrong

Lyoko
Sep 8, 2004, 09:29 PM
plus weren't some hacked items placed into the PSO world by the game makers?

Superguppie
Sep 9, 2004, 04:39 AM
???????????????????????????????????????
Explain what you mean by that...

OnnaWren
Sep 9, 2004, 08:10 AM
I think perhaps he means items that the ordinay end-user is never supposed to have, such as the Proof of Sonic Team...

But those aren't hacks, they're just not meant for us.

Superguppie
Sep 9, 2004, 09:31 AM
Well, I've never seen any of these. Plenty of messed up MAGs, BKBs and the like though...

BonusKun
Sep 9, 2004, 10:15 AM
On 2004-09-08 19:29, Lyoko wrote:

Look folks!!

A person who made a post that makes no sense whatsoever!!

Good job Lyoko!! *Thumbs up!*

~S N K

Superguppie
Sep 9, 2004, 11:35 AM
Ah, so it's not just me that is clueless...

Mystil
Sep 9, 2004, 02:58 PM
Of course some certain little backstabbing bastard said I "ruined" his game. So here's the answer to that question.

Because you do not deserve to enjoy a damn thing in this game. Just stay huddled up on your precious Denab block 9 for all "we" cheaters care.

Thank you.

Corey
Sep 9, 2004, 03:37 PM
quit being such a stereo type...
jeeze...
I'm unlegit, am I ruining your game?
No.

BogusKun
Sep 9, 2004, 03:46 PM
On 2004-09-08 19:29, Lyoko wrote:

Some people tend to think that when their drunk or high.
It tends to do that tho

Superguppie
Sep 10, 2004, 06:20 AM
On 2004-09-09 13:37, Corey wrote:
jeeze...
No.

As discussed in a few other topics: Yes you are...

Saiffy
Sep 10, 2004, 07:50 AM
On 2004-09-10 04:20, Superguppie wrote:

On 2004-09-09 13:37, Corey wrote:
jeeze...
No.

As discussed in a few other topics: Yes you are...

Ah these kinds of topics, they piss me off more the Vega. You pay $8.95 a month, and you know that when it comes to renew it your getting the same thing

Oh and play with Corey before you judge him. He's really a great guy

Superguppie
Sep 10, 2004, 09:52 AM
It is clear that you haven't found the topics that I meant. I hate the whining ueber legits that think EXP stealing is a result of cheating too. The problem I have with cheats is the effects they have that I can't avoid, and even feel when they are done by people I haven't even met.
I am not judging Corey in a direct way. I am just saying that his statement is wrong. I AM affected by cheating. I can not avoid it. He can not deny it. The fact that we haven't met doesn't mean ST can't make decisions about of something he did that affect me.

OnnaWren
Sep 10, 2004, 02:01 PM
No, EXP stealing isn't called cheating, it's called the player is being a complete and utter ass-hat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eanae
Sep 10, 2004, 04:50 PM
Let the cheaters play with cheaters, and password all your game, only giving it to those you know. If you can't stand it, just stop playing. There's no way avoiding it. Legits will always dislike hackers, and hackers will always just dislike legits for them disliking them. So just everyone... stop whining...

Shadowpawn
Sep 10, 2004, 06:06 PM
On 2004-09-10 14:50, Eanae wrote:
Let the cheaters play with cheaters, and password all your game, only giving it to those you know. If you can't stand it, just stop playing. There's no way avoiding it. Legits will always dislike hackers, and hackers will always just dislike legits for them disliking them. So just everyone... stop whining...

To add to that ppl will only ruin your experince if you let them, just enjoy the game for what it is.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 10, 2004, 10:51 PM
On 2004-09-10 16:06, Shadowpawn wrote:
To add to that ppl will only ruin your experince if you let them, just enjoy the game for what it is.

Unfortunately some people (Superguppie) can accept that simple point. Personally I concur, but seeing a level 200 NOL with lv. 30 Megid crosses a line. It's not hard to avoid such people though.

Shadowpawn
Sep 11, 2004, 10:22 AM
On 2004-09-10 20:51, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:

On 2004-09-10 16:06, Shadowpawn wrote:

Unfortunately some people (Superguppie) can accept that simple point. Personally I concur, but seeing a level 200 NOL with lv. 30 Megid crosses a line. It's not hard to avoid such people though.

Sure seeing a person play a character that can't be obtained noramlly will get some ppl mad (after all, you want to play 'em too, legitly that is.) But as long as the person doesn't: FSOD a lot, PK you, NOL you, or (the worst) CK you then it really isn't disrupting your game. Quite frankly I believe the reaons why hackers hack is because of the way Sega programed the game, their attitude towards maintaining the severs and the HL fee. How can you change us $10 a month if you aren't correcting some of the problems and banning certain disruptive ppl for good. Yuki Naka once said he created this game to unite gamers across the world and play in unison. He wanted it to be a online society (which it is, however, he didn't for see the problems ahead...that is where the real problem lies. Sega needs to get BB and PSU right this time.)

Corey
Sep 11, 2004, 02:19 PM
On 2004-09-10 07:52, Superguppie wrote:
It is clear that you haven't found the topics that I meant. I hate the whining ueber legits that think EXP stealing is a result of cheating too. The problem I have with cheats is the effects they have that I can't avoid, and even feel when they are done by people I haven't even met.
I am not judging Corey in a direct way. I am just saying that his statement is wrong. I AM affected by cheating. I can not avoid it. He can not deny it. The fact that we haven't met doesn't mean ST can't make decisions about of something he did that affect me.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I'm not affecting your game...If I don't play with you, I don't affect you. Other unlegits may bullshit you, they are affecting you.
( And I'm glad some people think I'm a great guy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )
V2 Corey, is a HUcast who isn't even maxed with a lvl 800 mag. He hasn't maxed ATP either, or any stat, other than my ATA (w/o mag, anyway, and MST).
He doesn't use a 300 BKB, He doesn't multi-Equip.
He only uses 100 hit weapons so he doesn't miss every hit. No percents on other areas. He doesn't GOE, even though I could of if I wanted to.
Enlighten me, how am I affecting you so directly?

Superguppie
Sep 11, 2004, 03:54 PM
Look for those other topics. I have made some points about how you ARE affecting me. I don't feel like doing a recap of those other topics right now, otherwise you would be looking at something like an essay. Knowing my personal style of writing, you would probably be asleep before reaching the end.
Anyway, I am NOT giving up playing in open teams, as I meet great people that way too. On top of that, it would go seriously against some of the ideas behind the game. (As the Yuji Naka quote says it...)
As for the NPC skins and imposible techs and the like. I don't really mind. I can even see them as funny. I don't dislike hackers perse. I just dislike the consequences of the actions of the assholes among them and their 'friends'. Especialy since I can't evade all of those consequences. And some of the measures to evade some of them aren't acceptable either.

Corey
Sep 11, 2004, 04:27 PM
Well, I'm a sub-par reader, and seeing as I can't log on to PSO for awhile now, why not write this so called essay like recap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-11 14:27 ]</font>

BOmar
Sep 15, 2004, 02:11 AM
On 2004-09-11 14:27, Corey wrote:
Well, I'm a sub-par reader, and seeing as I can't log on to PSO for awhile now, why not write this so called essay like recap.

Why not find the topics he refers to?

It's hardly difficult to miss Sg's rantsthoughts on cheating in this section.

Superguppie
Sep 15, 2004, 10:02 AM
It IS possible to fall asleep reading them though... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Corey
Sep 15, 2004, 02:55 PM
Well, when I read them on my first time through (...I have had a very long day, I'm not doing more work x_x) I didn't see anything I was doing to affect or 'terrorize' your game.

RappyBreeder
Sep 19, 2004, 08:35 AM
HA i say cheaters are ppl who cant even play the game probaly and they r impaichent i wonder wat will happen wen there wifes or wen they r having a baby. They will probably say come on get out all ready IMPAICHENT BASTARDS THY R GAME SPOILERS I THINK THEY SHOULD ALL BE CUT OFF ONLINE AND LETS SEE IF THEYLLE DO IT AGAIN WHO AGREES WITH WAT SAID POST 777 IF U DONT THEN POST 999 GO ON

Collector
Sep 19, 2004, 09:56 AM
On 2004-09-19 06:35, RappyBreeder wrote:
HA i say cheaters are ppl who cant even play the game probaly and they r impaichent i wonder wat will happen wen there wifes or wen they r having a baby. They will probably say come on get out all ready IMPAICHENT BASTARDS THY R GAME SPOILERS I THINK THEY SHOULD ALL BE CUT OFF ONLINE AND LETS SEE IF THEYLLE DO IT AGAIN WHO AGREES WITH WAT SAID POST 777 IF U DONT THEN POST 999 GO ON

So you think that all cheats can't play the game then, maby most of the people you have encountered can't play the game with out cheating.

Because most cheats I have encountered can actualy play the game and have fully legit char & chars that use dupes use glitches.

Yes alot of the new PSO players that cheat are a$$es who, yes can't play the game don't know where to get the things from.

So yes in a way I do agree with you and I don't a lot of old school PSO players turned cheaters after countless coruptions, actualy know what they are doing but use dupes, to stop from loosing their items or to replace the weapons that they did get.

Corey
Sep 19, 2004, 10:04 AM
Sounds like a legit who got lost
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Learn how to use grammar. :L
I know how to play the game.
I cheat, but I decided to go legit (again...)
but I still have my cheat char for when I get bored.

RappyBreeder
Sep 19, 2004, 11:02 AM
On 2004-09-19 07:56, Collector wrote:

On 2004-09-19 06:35, RappyBreeder wrote:

So you think that all cheats can't play the game then, maby most of the people you have encountered can't play the game with out cheating.

Because most cheats I have encountered can actualy play the game and have fully legit char & chars that use dupes use glitches.

Yes alot of the new PSO players that cheat are a$$es who, yes can't play the game don't know where to get the things from.

So yes in a way I do agree with you and I don't a lot of old school PSO players turned cheaters after countless coruptions, actualy know what they are doing but use dupes, to stop from loosing their items or to replace the weapons that they did get.

i agree on the having spares but its not rite playing unlegitly it spoils the fun for evey1 i say
and im looking for a challenge and i cant do that if i have a mag lvl800 can i

Corey
Sep 20, 2004, 10:47 AM
A level 800 mag will not max you unless one stat has 400...which will still not max your other attributes.
Believe me, I use one on my 175 HUcast.
Cheaters can play, and although the ToS says they cannot, ST does not enforce the ToS, so they can get away with it.