AngelEyez
Sep 8, 2004, 06:16 PM
Can someone tell me who is IDOLA

J3553
Sep 8, 2004, 06:20 PM
IIRC, Idola means phantom or spirit.

Shadowpawn
Sep 8, 2004, 06:20 PM
In the game IDOLA refers to the last boss of the episode...like in episode 1 IDOLA is Dark Falz. As for the word itself...beats the hell out of me!

I'll guess that it means IDOL...and that is to refrence of a God or deity of vast power. Hope that helped!

Eihwaz
Sep 8, 2004, 07:12 PM
On 2004-09-08 16:20, J3553 wrote:
IIRC, Idola means phantom or spirit.

Yeah, that's right. Like phantasm, or something.

IDOLA isn't really anyone. It's just a term that can be applied to Dark Falz and Olga Flow for they are both evil creatures with an innocent human core. The Dark Falz you fight is actually Rico's horribly deformed body. Olga Flow is Flowen after being mutated, subjected to experimental testing, and having the AI core Olga implanted into his body.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-08 17:14 ]</font>

AngelEyez
Sep 8, 2004, 08:15 PM
THANKS now i dont have to dig my eyes out lol

Luis
Sep 8, 2004, 09:01 PM
dark falz is rico? or rico + 9999999 souls more?

Shadowpawn
Sep 8, 2004, 09:05 PM
On 2004-09-08 19:01, Luis wrote:

Rico is apart of Falz...and so is everyone that was apart of Pioneer 1.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-08 19:05 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 8, 2004, 10:21 PM
On 2004-09-08 19:05, Shadowpawn wrote:

This is only a theory, mind you, but I think it makes sense. And I didn't really come up with it, but I will try to explain it thoroughly.

Anyway. When the explosion occurred, Falz was nothing more than a phantasm, a spirit, a conscience, whatever. He used his powers to annihilate everyone in Pioneer1, except who he thought was the strongest, who was Rico. She, being a scientist at heart, began to explore Ragol, and ended up in Falz's lair, where he took control of her body, and transfered himself into her. Her body then horribly mutated, and slowly became the Dark Falz that you fight.

Well, perhaps Falz didn't really annihilate everyone. Perhaps he absorbed them all, a sort of "snack" to keep him strong enough to take Rico. This would explain why the battle ground with Falz is uh...a montage of fused faces. >_>

Arislan
Sep 8, 2004, 11:05 PM
Or you can take the idea shown to me, that has been passed on to Mix and Navi in regards to how DF was formed from Rico...

/me realizes noone but those that frequent the IRC channel will get this...
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

navci
Sep 8, 2004, 11:13 PM
On 2004-09-08 21:05, Arislan wrote:
Or you can take the idea shown to me, that has been passed on to Mix and Navi in regards to how DF was formed from Rico...

/me realizes noone but those that frequent the IRC channel will get this...
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Arislan: I strongly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif of this.
And actually, I have not seen said ... imageries.

Saiffy
Sep 8, 2004, 11:14 PM
On 2004-09-08 20:21, Eihwaz wrote:

This is only a theory, mind you, but I think it makes sense. And I didn't really come up with it, but I will try to explain it thoroughly.

Anyway. When the explosion occurred, Falz was nothing more than a phantasm, a spirit, a conscience, whatever. He used his powers to annihilate everyone in Pioneer1, except who he thought was the strongest, who was Rico. She, being a scientist at heart, began to explore Ragol, and ended up in Falz's lair, where he took control of her body, and transfered himself into her. Her body then horribly mutated, and slowly became the Dark Falz that you fight.

Well, perhaps Falz didn't really annihilate everyone. Perhaps he absorbed them all, a sort of "snack" to keep him strong enough to take Rico. This would explain why the battle ground with Falz is uh...a montage of fused faces. >_>

Would Falz final form then be Dark Falz actual form? Since it doesn't seem to have any traces of Rico(Side from him releasing her soul upon defeating him)

Eihwaz
Sep 8, 2004, 11:53 PM
On 2004-09-08 21:14, Saiffwin wrote:
Would Falz final form then be Dark Falz actual form? Since it doesn't seem to have any traces of Rico(Side from him releasing her soul upon defeating him)

Well...I think it kinda works like this.

The first form of Falz is composed of the body (which is Rico), and the triple-dragon chariot thing, which is Falz. The second form is more concentrated, and is mostly Rico. And the third form is mostly Falz.

I guess? That sounds really stupid in a post. >_<

Tycho
Sep 9, 2004, 02:22 AM
I don't know about the EP3 Idola Song, but I think it does refer to DF; note: Olga Flow has been exposed to D-type cell-mutations probably more than any other creature, not counting Dark Falz.

I don't think DF is Rico, at most she's an important part of his body. It's kind of a weird mutation for the body of one normal girl. :/

Shadowpawn
Sep 9, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-09-08 21:14, Saiffwin wrote:

On 2004-09-08 20:21, Eihwaz wrote:

Falz is a spirit "he" has no real form, it just transforms, you have to keep in mind that Falz itself is just an extension of the Profound Darkness (See PS IV)

Shadowpawn
Sep 9, 2004, 10:12 AM
On 2004-09-09 00:22, Tycho wrote:
I don't know about the EP3 Idola Song, but I think it does refer to DF; note: Olga Flow has been exposed to D-type cell-mutations probably more than any other creature, not counting Dark Falz.

I don't think DF is Rico, at most she's an important part of his body. It's kind of a weird mutation for the body of one normal girl. :/

IDOLA doesn't just refer to Dark Falz, it's a spirit like J3553 mentioned, the reason why the Idola song is in EP3 is because the "germ" is really another Falz before it becomes a Falz (I guess Falz can now spawn itself after the PD assumed death) so it's considered a IDOLA along with it's own offsprings (the bosses you fight before it.)

You're may be right about Rico, I believe Falz just used Rico as a foci point for power and didn't use her body, or else you would just fight her in her regular form (In PSI Lassic was still human...if you can call him that, PSIV Zio still had a human body...just with no heart.)Think about Kireek, if you fight him you'll notice Dark Falz has taken possesion of his body but he does not change...so does the force you fight in the same quest. Only being exposed to the D-cells will change you (in Flowen's case per say.) Course keep in my that's all of this is IMO.

Jasam
Sep 9, 2004, 10:22 AM
In responce to whats above, apart from rico, the others never made contact with faltz in person... it only extended his controll to them, (mostly).... and yes, I am sure he mitated ricos body, as it is wearing the red ring.... but as you battle it he bagins to evolve, if you hadn't killed his 3rd from 'fast enouth' my guess is it/she would of becombe truly invincable, as when you fight him he is still ristricted by the body he possesses.... but is growing stronger and evolving even as you fight him...

Shadowpawn
Sep 9, 2004, 10:27 AM
On 2004-09-09 08:22, Jasam wrote:
In responce to whats above, apart from rico, the others never made contact with faltz in person... it only extended his controll to them, (mostly).... and yes, I am sure he mitated ricos body, as it is wearing the red ring.... but as you battle it he bagins to evolve, if you hadn't killed his 3rd from 'fast enouth' my guess is it/she would of becombe truly invincable, as when you fight him he is still ristricted by the body he possesses.... but is growing stronger and evolving even as you fight him...

I never said they made contact with him, I was just supporting my opinion of this IDOLA topic...however I still believe that the forms of Falz are not Rico mutated body as Lassic and Zio did not mutate into the beasts you see Falz turn into.

Bladehunter
Sep 9, 2004, 11:00 AM
On 2004-09-09 08:27, Shadowpawn wrote:

I never said they made contact with him, I was just supporting my opinion of this IDOLA topic...however I still believe that the forms of Falz are not Rico mutated body as Lassic and Zio did not mutate into the beasts you see Falz turn into.

IF it is a sequel in "ultimate darkness", wouldnīt it tend to be stronger the further into the sequel you go? PSI: Almost fully human. PSIV: Human with no heart. PSO: New planet, new threat. Full mutation.

Shadowpawn
Sep 9, 2004, 11:06 AM
On 2004-09-09 09:00, Bladehunter wrote:

On 2004-09-09 08:27, Shadowpawn wrote:

IF it is a sequel in "ultimate darkness", wouldn?t it tend to be stronger the further into the sequel you go? PSI: Almost fully human. PSIV: Human with no heart. PSO: New planet, new threat. Full mutation.

That's not exactly the case, each Dark Falz is a different offspring...that are not one in the same, each Dark Falz would have to progress on it's own terms. They share no connection with each other beside the fact that they were born from the same deity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-09 15:01 ]</font>

Rain_1
Sep 9, 2004, 04:41 PM
Well.. somebody said that flowen only mutated because he was infected with D-Cell, from his battle with falz.
Rico entered in contact with falz.. thus... D-Cell infection... thus... horrible mutation...

While the other creature/hunters that were under falz control never even been in the same room as him, rico actually met him.

So what you fight (not counting the last form) is either falz inside rico's mutated body or rico's mutated body under falz control.. and i'm leaning to believe the first possibility...

So while Dark Falz is Rico+Falz, Olga Flow is just flowen went insane... i mean, olga went insane.. actually, it's Flowen+Olga who went insane. As in both of them.. Olga because he couldn't control/couldn't be controled (i don't really remember why olga was implanted on flowen) and Flowen because rico was dead.

Anyway, one form or another, you do kill Rico's body, and i believe it's the first 2 forms of falz (if you don't count the annoying flying spinning thingies).

Solstis
Sep 9, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-09-09 14:41, Rain_1 wrote:
Well.. somebody said that flowen only mutated because he was infected with D-Cell, from his battle with falz.
Rico entered in contact with falz.. thus... D-Cell infection... thus... horrible mutation...

While the other creature/hunters that were under falz control never even been in the same room as him, rico actually met him.

So what you fight (not counting the last form) is either falz inside rico's mutated body or rico's mutated body under falz control.. and i'm leaning to believe the first possibility...

So while Dark Falz is Rico+Falz, Olga Flow is just flowen went insane... i mean, olga went insane.. actually, it's Flowen+Olga who went insane. As in both of them.. Olga because he couldn't control/couldn't be controled (i don't really remember why olga was implanted on flowen) and Flowen because rico was dead.

Anyway, one form or another, you do kill Rico's body, and i believe it's the first 2 forms of falz (if you don't count the annoying flying spinning thingies).

But of course, the D-Cells were under the influence of the Profound Darkness.

Otherwise he would have become a delsaber, or something.

Anyways, according to the Phantasy Star series, ultimately, the good guys lose in the end.

Shadowpawn
Sep 9, 2004, 07:13 PM
On 2004-09-09 14:41, Rain_1 wrote:

I can explain that, D-cells are apart of Dark Falz, right. So he can control them at will, if he wanted to mutate Rico then he would have did so. However he wanted to be able to off of Ragol and spread his influence vastly, the needed a human vessel to help with that cause, changing Rico would not have been it's best intest if it wants to trick the humans aboard the Pioneer 2. Think of "his" need to evolve not as a need to evolve in physical form but in spirital power. The more souls "he" possess, the stronger it gets...but that's just my opinion. I just can't believe that the human body can withstand a mutation such as the ones Falz undergoes.

Also I have been thinking about this but maybe when you fight Falz you don't fight him in the physical relam but the spirital instead. In PSI Alis and her allies fought Falz in the spirital relam, not the physical. Not that this aplies to Olga, when you fight him, IT'S REAL!!!

Bladehunter
Sep 10, 2004, 12:05 AM
[/quote]

I can explain that, D-cells are apart of Dark Falz, right. So he can control them at will, if he wanted to mutate Rico then he would have did so. However he wanted to be able to off of Ragol and spread his influence vastly, the needed a human vessel to help with that cause, changing Rico would not have been it's best intest if it wants to trick the humans aboard the Pioneer 2. Think of "his" need to evolve not as a need to evolve in physical form but in spirital power. The more souls "he" possess, the stronger it gets...but that's just my opinion. I just can't believe that the human body can withstand a mutation such as the ones Falz undergoes.

[/quote]

Influence... INFLUENCE!?!? HE JUST BLEW THE WHOLE CENTRAL DOME UP!! I donīt think thatīll work.

P.S. not flaming

Shadowpawn
Sep 10, 2004, 09:48 AM
On 2004-09-09 22:05, Bladehunter wrote:

[/quote]

Influence... INFLUENCE!?!? HE JUST BLEW THE WHOLE CENTRAL DOME UP!! I don?t think that?ll work.

P.S. not flaming

[/quote]

Lol...I'm not talking about the explosion, I'm talking about "him" spreading the D-cells beyond Ragol. BTW he didn't actually blow up the Dome, "he" just absorbed the people that was there and left everything else.

Bladehunter
Sep 10, 2004, 06:43 PM
Your post just started to make sense now. But if we suppose this was "his" plan, to spread the type-D virus beyond Ragol, and all is going well becuse "he" has taken over the strongest spirit of Pioneer 1. But then you, the player, comes and you are an even stronger spirit than Rico. too strong for Falz to overtake when youre in full conciousness. Wouldnt Falz then evolve to beat you so that "he" could possess you and then, with the ultimate influence as you are a famous hunter, spread the type-D virus. But you beat him and its game over. Or do you?

Oh man I love to speculate!

Shadowpawn
Sep 10, 2004, 06:58 PM
On 2004-09-10 16:43, Bladehunter wrote:
Your post just started to make sense now. But if we suppose this was "his" plan, to spread the type-D virus beyond Ragol, and all is going well becuse "he" has taken over the strongest spirit of Pioneer 1. But then you, the player, comes and you are an even stronger spirit than Rico. too strong for Falz to overtake when youre in full conciousness. Wouldnt Falz then evolve to beat you so that "he" could possess you and then, with the ultimate influence as you are a famous hunter, spread the type-D virus. But you beat him and its game over. Or do you?

Oh man I love to speculate!

Of course, however you with the power of light on your side can't fall under Falz power. Falz feeds off negative energy in people, that is how "he" is able to take control of people. Even Rico was affected if you read her messages, she had doubts about herself and her father, that enabled Falz to take over. You the hero, being of pure heart (laughable but bear with me), is unaffected by "his" power...so "he" tries to kill you instead. But in the end good will win over evil (most of the time...>_>).

Also...this is off-topic...but did you know that Falz has three different names.
Dark Falz
Dark Force
Dark Phallus (I hope I spelled that correct)

The first is a translation error (but became his name), the second is his real name (they dropped it), and the last his name in PS III (the worst of the series...) You might want to look up the word Phallus, you find it's meaning intresting...(and is also the reason why I put "he" in quotes.)

You may be right about Falz...it may not be dead...(after all how can you kill pure evil. Life is a two-sided coin, with both good AND evil...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-10 16:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-10 17:15 ]</font>

Evergea
Sep 10, 2004, 11:44 PM
Now here is something interesting: If it was Rico's body under Falz's influence, what happens if you ripped away Falz. Would Rico gain control again, or would it be almost like Olga Flow, a beast that goes literally insane?

I always figured Falz absorbs Rico's body, and once it becomes part of him, it mutates horribly. That's what Falz does, mutates things, especially if the ruins are any indication.

Shadowpawn
Sep 11, 2004, 10:10 AM
On 2004-09-10 21:44, Evergea wrote:
Now here is something interesting: If it was Rico's body under Falz's influence, what happens if you ripped away Falz. Would Rico gain control again, or would it be almost like Olga Flow, a beast that goes literally insane?

I always figured Falz absorbs Rico's body, and once it becomes part of him, it mutates horribly. That's what Falz does, mutates things, especially if the ruins are any indication.

The assumation is that Rico would regain control, Sega left that as a possible outcome (beat ult without beating all the hunters quild missions.) The monster in the Ruins aren't really mutations, they are spawns of Dark Falz "himself". Chaos Sorcerer and Chaos Bringer have always existed, Falz made them in PS I, PS II, and PS IV (just under different names). The others are also created by Falz, just like the germ produced Castor and and Pollux. Olga Flow may have gone insane but I believe that him retain some humanity, after all him did sent out those messages...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-11 08:12 ]</font>