PDA

View Full Version : Ah! It was following me!

Angelzero
Sep 9, 2004, 05:48 AM
It was weird. I just remembered that one time a monster followed me through the door when I was trying to run away. I tried shooting it but the lock on didnt come up...but it could still hit me. Then when I ran into the room after that one it went to turn back and disapeared. I'm serious but I completly forgot what monster it was and what area it was. But I do remember that it was a booma-type enemy.

Actually now that I think about it more..it was most likey a Merlan, because I remember it was pretty fast...so it couldve been in either the temple or the ruins. I didnt think my memory was this bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelzero on 2004-09-09 04:00 ]</font>

Dhylec
Sep 9, 2004, 06:00 AM
your memory sure tricked ya, no booma can do that!
it's a sinow glitch in mines..

or simply a del saber in ruins/spaceship

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-09-09 04:02 ]</font>

Angelzero
Sep 9, 2004, 06:02 AM
OH YEAHHH! damn my memory was way off...i remember now...it was a sinow in the mines...O_o

Oh btw when I say booma-type enemy I meant any enemy that attacks like a booma...and theres tons of those...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelzero on 2004-09-09 04:04 ]</font>

Vielka
Sep 9, 2004, 06:42 AM
the first time i saw that i shyt myself.. lets say my no tp and no hp fonl wasnt happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SLON
Sep 9, 2004, 07:04 AM
Didn't realise this still happened; was a regular occurence on Dreamcast, but i've never seen it on Gamecube.

Evergea
Sep 9, 2004, 07:30 AM
Sinow Beats are a bit weird. During the large room that has two walkways right next to each other, if a Sinow Beat goes into it's jump animation it can jump to the other ledge. I've only ever seen it done once or twice.

To get them into the hallway get the jump animation going again. If they lunge at you, they'll go through the door barrier and start chasing you. I don't think they can leave the hallway though. Perhaps by using the jump animation again they will?

I hate Sinow Beats. I love their arms though.

Bladehunter
Sep 9, 2004, 10:50 AM
Sweet glitch!! My friend told me about this, he experienced it on Dreamcast. So, does it work on GC?

BoBoTheOgre
Sep 9, 2004, 11:06 AM
iv had it hapen to me to but i was still able to hit it when it chased me into the hall. scared me at first but it took a little geting use to.

Sharkyland
Sep 9, 2004, 11:21 AM
Well in Heat Sword, that little room in Forest 2 before the big room with the red fence, the gobooma can come a little past through the door.

Dhylec
Sep 9, 2004, 01:09 PM
Sharkyland wrote:
Well in Heat Sword, that little room in Forest 2 before the big room with the red fence, the gobooma can come a little past through the door.

ah, i dislike that place..
that gob won't leave space to stand, plus it can walk like 2 steps outta the door >.<
still, not very intimidating compare to sinow's

Tycho
Sep 9, 2004, 02:13 PM
I had it once with a Dark Gunner. It moved through the door while I cast my PB.

I think Sitka once thought he did it to Hildelts, to get like 6 - 9 into one room and pipe them that way. x_x; But later he stated it probably never happened. It was too good to be true. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Calibur
Sep 9, 2004, 03:00 PM
I remember this on DC ,ahhh the good old days...

Mystil
Sep 9, 2004, 03:29 PM
Bringer can do this on DC.

Asura_UK
Sep 9, 2004, 04:06 PM
Its not really important who can go through doors. Just shows how old the game is getting that the stupid enemies cant go through an open door. Thank God they are finally starting from scratch again with PSU.

I want to see decent intelligent enemies that dont just charge toward you in a straight line when you get near them. In PSO you can get enemies trapped against walls because they arent smart enough to walk around it to get to you.

Zeik123
Sep 9, 2004, 04:53 PM
Now this one is funny. I had something similiar happen to my buddy. Ok se we are going through ULTI Forest when the phone rings. So I pick up the phone and start chatting with my buddy on the line. So all the while Chris (my buddy plaing with me) wals into the room withthe Teporter to the boss. He sees this thing where the Hildelt should be. IT jumps right in front of him. So he looks at the name take. HILDATORR it syas. He's like CHARLIE GET YOU'REE ASS OFF THE PHONE AND HELP ME! So he runs for his dang life out the door. This is the glitch. The megid ball went right through the CLOSED door and killed him. Somebody tell me what that was.

Mind you this is the first time we say and fough a HildaTORR.

Link_Dead
Sep 9, 2004, 06:50 PM
On 2004-09-09 14:53, Zeik123 wrote:
Now this one is funny. I had something similiar happen to my buddy. Ok se we are going through ULTI Forest when the phone rings. So I pick up the phone and start chatting with my buddy on the line. So all the while Chris (my buddy plaing with me) wals into the room withthe Teporter to the boss. He sees this thing where the Hildelt should be. IT jumps right in front of him. So he looks at the name take. HILDATORR it syas. He's like CHARLIE GET YOU'REE ASS OFF THE PHONE AND HELP ME! So he runs for his dang life out the door. This is the glitch. The megid ball went right through the CLOSED door and killed him. Somebody tell me what that was.

All the Hilda's breath attacks can go past doors... Try it, go to normal and taunt one... It will Foie at you. and it will hit too.

Angelzero
Sep 10, 2004, 03:45 AM
hey Zeik ur Charlie? Cause Chris told me about that torr story...damn he just cant let that memory go..haha

Anyway back on topic I found an unusual glitch in the quest where you gotta find the androids body parts. Well that long room that has like 4 doors and a fence...one of them is locked it leads to the hildelt that holds one of lionels parts. Well anyway in the long area a hildelt killed me while I was trying to run away. I was running in the direction towards the locked door. Since I was so far away it jumped on me while I was dead on the floor...I slid alll the way over to the locked door...and went right through it! I seemed to have a scape doll on me and was revived locked in the room. The hildelt appeared and I killed it...no body part. The door unlocked and then I went to get Lionels head...I went back to the room wehre i should get the part but..I couldnt get it..all I could do was save and quit and restart...

Jamara
Sep 10, 2004, 10:50 AM
Something like that happened to me except with a bringer, after i died it charged me and pushed my body through a locked door, just then my mag revived me, and i was in the locked room. My friends were on the other side of the door, and even when the room was empty and the door noise happened, the door wouldn't unlock, it was wierd, and a little frightening.

Vielka
Sep 10, 2004, 11:09 AM
On 2004-09-09 16:50, Link_Dead wrote:

All the Hilda's breath attacks can go past doors... Try it, go to normal and taunt one... It will Foie at you. and it will hit too.

the baranz missles will kill u through doors as well.. damn dfp killers!

BoBoTheOgre
Sep 10, 2004, 11:23 AM

thats a funy story. (LOL) the first time i saw a Torr me and my bro wher in the temple on ult and walked into the room with 3 marlins and a Torr or delt in it my bro saw it first and thats when it jumped on him and killed him. scared the crap out of him and he didnt want to play anymore so i killed it and got a frozen shooter. but lost it in my freek character deleat because of my bro-_-

IceBurner
Sep 10, 2004, 10:12 PM
Garanz can sometimes get through the doorway of the small "loot rooms" in Mine 2. It's extremely not cool, the missiles launch right into your face and you have nowhere to run since the Garanz is literally IN the doorway. Best thing to do is to pipe up immediately if you and/or your team can't take it down right away. Megid might do the trick if you are or are with a force.

goku4ever
Sep 11, 2004, 01:47 PM
Not really about the same thing but the first time i played on PSO i rememer trying to shoot enemies from outside the room, and wondering why thy didnt get damaged.

Angelzero
Sep 11, 2004, 09:33 PM
On 2004-09-11 11:47, goku4ever wrote:
Not really about the same thing but the first time i played on PSO i rememer trying to shoot enemies from outside the room, and wondering why thy didnt get damaged.

That annoying crap always happens to me. Even worse...I can still get hit.

K-ne
Sep 11, 2004, 09:57 PM
On 2004-09-11 19:33, Angelzero wrote:

That annoying crap always happens to me. Even worse...I can still get hit.

I call this phenomenon "the happy zone." Not happy for me, of course, but it's somewhat amusing to get whacked because of misjudging your position and go "damn it, I'm in the freaking happy zone!" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif