PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about "panzer dragoon orta"? (xbox)

Dabra
Jun 27, 2002, 09:28 PM
I never played it on the previous sega consoles so i wouldnt know. And based on the E3 video coverage if kind of looks...lame. I mean it's a personal opinion, but i don't like plane game (aerial games), and i dont see whats all the hype about.

Please dont tell me to read the articles because i often find myself readong something i don't want or care to know. If you could briefly explain what's so great about the game i'd be thankful enough.

ABDUR101
Jun 27, 2002, 09:35 PM
On 2002-06-27 19:28, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Please dont tell me to read the articles because i often find myself readong something i don't want or care to know.

err..so why should we explain it here? The articles do more to explain it than we could.

It's a classic game being put on the next gen system since the Sega Saturn. It has great potential, and it was a great game. Thats why it's so hyped.

Dabra
Jun 27, 2002, 09:40 PM
Plane game right? just to be sure heh..

Well articles give me big information in precise detail, and all i wanted is a briedf explanation...like i said, articles tell me some stuff i cont care about.

ABDUR101
Jun 27, 2002, 09:43 PM
That's the point damnit, they are explaining it in detail so you know more about the game so you can make the decision if it would be worth buying!

nurnurnur o_O

RuneLateralus
Jun 27, 2002, 10:51 PM
What would be so special about another Shining Force game? It would be the return of a great series. That is what Panzer Dragoon Orta's hype is based off of. And from the screen shots I seen, I have been nothing but impressed about the game, but you really need to play a Panzer Dragoon game (preferably the first or the second one, as the third was an RPG) to get the full impression.

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 08:29 AM
On 2002-06-27 19:40, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Plane game right? just to be sure heh..

Uh, no, more like "rail game". Rune is right, go pick up Panzer Dragoon Zwei and you'll get the idea. It's a really awesome game.

[EDIT: Dabra? no no no. Rune.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Falkon on 2002-06-28 06:31 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Jun 28, 2002, 12:11 PM
I would agree with what was said previously that playing the Pnazer games is the best way to understand what the hype is about. However if you don't have a Saturn then you are SOL. But the deal with Panzer is that, in my opinion, it has an overall feel to it that you dont forget. The story, enviroments and music are what makes the games so great. Lucky though that the new panzer game takes place some years after the first three so you don't really have to know the backstory.

MarkXIII
Jun 28, 2002, 12:34 PM
It fulfills everyones wish to be in the movie The Neverending Story.

RuneLateralus
Jun 28, 2002, 02:52 PM
On 2002-06-28 10:34, MarkXIII wrote:
It fulfills everyones wish to be in the movie The Neverending Story.

Well, who did not want to ride that dragon? Although, I still say it looked more like a dog...especially in the face...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-06-28 12:53 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Jun 28, 2002, 04:22 PM
I still say it looked more like a dog...especially in the face...

I thought I was the only one who thought that, ha ha cool.

Falkon
Jun 28, 2002, 04:38 PM
I always thought that...

Last_Saiyan
Jun 28, 2002, 04:42 PM
Ummm I got a speed reading system a couple years back and reading detailed articles has never been any funner n_n

MarkXIII
Jun 28, 2002, 06:52 PM
Sure it did but that doesn't mean you can't get the same excitement from playing PDO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif