PDA

View Full Version : Do Forces need luck?

SS_Death
Jun 28, 2002, 02:53 AM
Ok I have been wondering about this for some time...Do forces need to build up their luck characteristic?

I know for Hunters and Ranger it is a must to increae your critical hit rate but what about forces? Does luck help their techniques?

Thanks all,

SS_Death

watashiwa
Jun 28, 2002, 02:56 AM
Nah, Luck doesn't effect Technique damage at all.

Wewt
Jun 28, 2002, 07:58 AM
Well, you don't really need to put effort into building up luck. If you find a luck mat, just use it. Better than selling right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

SS_Death
Jun 28, 2002, 08:05 AM
Yeah, thing is both my characters have maxed out their luck...actually they did that in v1.

Since having 100 luck my critical rate has been astounding. Every third or forth hit is a critical, even now...

Not too suprised it doesn't help forces as techniques can't miss http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HC82
Jun 28, 2002, 10:22 PM
Luck doesn't effect tech damage, but if you used techs online you'll want to build up your luck.

Melee is a more common form of damage for a force due to the (MST : tech damage) ratio being kinda....ummm, sucky.

So you'll be laying the smack down with fair to good percent weapons alot more. Although to say you'll never use your damage techs is foolish(unless you hack weps or folk who kill things in one combo). Even then rabartas freeze is helpfull.

Edit: Just that luck won't be as important to raise as quickly as your MST, but you should still raise luck because you will want to melee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-06-28 20:24 ]</font>

Glaximus
Jun 29, 2002, 02:20 AM
Didn't Han Solo scoff at the Force, and say that you didn't need luck if you had a good blaster at your side?

Wouldn't it be smooth if there were weapons that had luck requirements instead of ATA or ATP?

Like a pair of craps dice that fired like slicers.

Just sayin'...

Buffy
Jun 29, 2002, 03:57 AM
Now that is a genuinely good idea. It would certainly make you think about how you played your character and give certain classes a reason to raise seemingly 'useless' attributes.

~B.

Defend
Jun 29, 2002, 08:34 AM
lol.. and we'd be like OMG I FOUND @#*!S DICE!!!11

Yeh Luck is a bit of a boring stat imo. If the 100 actually meant 100%.. and things were made tougher to compensate.. I'd like that.

Glaximus
Jul 2, 2002, 01:27 AM
Heh... thanks guys!

And this:

lol.. and we'd be like OMG I FOUND @#*!S DICE!!!11

You know, this one time, in the ultimate mines...

Glaximus:Whoa?! WTF is that ice ray?

Exodus:Yeah dawg, what's that mean shiz called?

AlphaAlisha:Oh, this? It's a Frozen S&@#^#%.

AlphaAlisha:Huh?

AlphaAlisha:Oh...
-----

We nearly died laughing as AlphaAlisha took down scores of robots with her Frozen Hooters. Craps Dice would be just as much fun.

Shrevn
Jul 4, 2002, 01:50 PM
Shouldnt the question be: What does LUCK do? I never found out what it did... Does it really even matter?

Malkavian
Jul 4, 2002, 02:41 PM
Well I really need luck.... I think is very important for Hunters and rangers.
Luck increase the critical chances.
critical is around 75% damage more.And i think that do nearly 2x damage often is quite helpful.

Kent
Jul 4, 2002, 03:00 PM
Well, in the Dreamcast PSO Ver. 2, yes.

In Ultimate anyway, seeing as enemies have extreme resistances to techniques, most will jutst Shifta/Deband themselves and Jellen/Zalure the enemies and then proceed to reap thier way through enemies. That is, if the Hunters don't get there first...

Alisha
Jul 4, 2002, 05:32 PM
LOL heh glaximus we had some good times in the early days of ver2
*recalls epic battles with vol opt ver2 and dark falz*

Zenigma
Jul 5, 2002, 05:44 AM
I dont know about everyone else, but i noticed with a higer luck, you get more critical hits. And with Rabarta, youre chance for freezing increases, and with Razonde in the mines your chance for paralyzin the robots also increases a whole hella lot

Glaximus
Jul 5, 2002, 08:52 AM
Whoa! Alisha! You live!

Heh, I don't think I've ever actually played with anyone AND seen them on the boards. I was never on the right ships.

Yeah, you were probably one of the last decent people Exodus and I found before retirement. I dunno, I just couldn't get my groove back as a Force in ultimate mode. I mean, Battle mode was smooth and all, but even being an over-powering Megid Tank didn't bring the same satisfaction as adventuring in the ruins.

But down there, I could blow an entire trimate hurling spells at a room full of Merlans, only to have them double over and beg me to stop tickling them. I hear this new-fangled priest-lookin' "FOmarl" on the gamecube can fight like a champ, of course now that I'm headed back to school on student loans, my chances of picking up a GameCube are slimmer than Ghandi on a hunger strike.

But, over the long months, I met quite a few great people- some of whom I still keep in touch with today, totally removed from PSO.

Hmmm... you know, it makes one think...

Do Forces need luck? Absolutely. A solid adventuring team is as important to a Force as he is to them. But how often do you really find people you can like and trust? Thus, luck is important when searching for the rarest of all rares- good people who'll watch your back, not steal your weapon when you get crushed, and share in your good times.

Russta
Jul 5, 2002, 09:21 AM
Seeing as a lot of forces tank it, I guess having a high luck stat just comes down to your style of play. If you play "as intended" then its not nessacary to have a high luck stat.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 5, 2002, 10:06 AM
To bad luck doesn't result in some lv 100 luck only type spells and the damage and graphics are randomized...somehow...heh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Blade on 2002-07-05 08:07 ]</font>