PDA

View Full Version : Carnage lovers..

Anubis_
Sep 10, 2004, 06:15 AM
August 12, 2004
Army Sgt. Daniel Lee Galvan, 30, of Moore, Oklahoma.
Galvan died in Salerno, Afghanistan, when the helicopter he was in developed mechanical difficulties and crashed. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion (Assault), 25th Aviation Regiment, 25th Light Infantry Division, from Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.

This passage was typed on a memorial Web page I found (http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oef/chronlist.html).

Now the weird part about it, is that I remember the whole thing happening. I mean I wasn't their, But It's sorta like when somone at your school dies, and a lot of people new him, but you didn't, and they hold a lot of ceromonies in his honor.
I remember the procesional they had when he got medi-vacced out, A guy in my company even had a video of the crashed chopper when they had to salvage it..

The thing is, from what i heard he wasn't even in a combat situation, he was doing standard manuvers in the chopper when it malfuncioned and went down. Which kinda scares me, because from time to time, some of my guys from my platoon ride in the same choppers when they pull off those same moves, in the same kind of chopper.

I didn't make this post to talk about how dangerous my life is, because in salerno, I see guys who do jobs 5 times more dangerous then mine everyday. I made this post because I'm sick and tired of people thirsting for carnage and blood spill. People who make jokes about dead babbies and mangled bodies. Stories like those are all to real around here.

Our last rocket attack, one of the Coallition, Terrorist, Whatever the Fuck they call themselves missed our base and hit a little girl that was playing outside the wire. The villagers of the town drug the guy out of hiding and beat him to death in the street..

I hate when people think that creating a 9/11 incident in Irag or Afganistan is the solution to all our problems. This Nukem All approach really gets on my nerves.. I'd Rather Die a Pacifist than Live as the people I despise the most..

Aredhel
Sep 10, 2004, 09:24 AM
wow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Thanks for some perspective from someone who's actually been there and done that - not some filtered media crap that we are all privy to stateside. SOOOO many people so often forget that these are people living in these countries. I cannot tell you how many times I've heard respectable people get onto the subject of Middle East involvement and actually come to the conclusion that nuking the entire regions and people is a good idea. It's fucking not, and I don't understand how I remain so calm when in the presence of such people who think that nuclear weapons are the answer to every fucking problem. People just cannot understand from thousands of miles away that humans are inherently good - they may do bad things for the right/wrong reasons sometimes - but there are few people out there who actively seek to hurt and kill others just for the mere enjoyment of it.

Once again, thank you for the perspective, Anubis.