PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts?

chantez131313
Sep 10, 2004, 05:15 PM
I was neutral till yesterday. One of my teachers was talking about last night when she woke up and her DVD tray was open. Anyhow, she got up, walked over and closed it. Right when she laid down, it opened again. Then she made sure she was laying on the remote, and closed it once again. And once again, it opened! She finally gave up and unplugged it. This, however, was not the scariest part. She mentioned that before she moved here, she lived in an old plantation. The ghost story there was in the library, she noticed books were falling off the shelf and being rearranged. Then, one day, she was picking up the books that fell down, and one started to SLIDE ACROSS THE FLOOR!!! She saw this with her own 2 eyes. Freaky, isn't it?

Anyhow, do you or do you not believe in ghosts? Plus, tell us how you came to believe in them and any interesting stories.

trypticon
Sep 10, 2004, 05:42 PM
Ghosts are all around us. Open your mind, and get used to the idea.

VioletSkye
Sep 10, 2004, 05:51 PM
Absolutely, there are worlds and dimensions all around us that we simply can't see. In fact I happened to watch a trailer for a movie coming out called White Noise which deals with EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) and you can visit their offical site HERE (http://www.aaevp.com/).

After checking out some of the samples, I must say that I'm not totally convinced many of these people had contact with non worldly entities, but I totally believe that they exist none the less. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

trypticon
Sep 10, 2004, 06:01 PM
EVP is pretty interesting, and apparently just about anybody can do it, if they know how to.

navci
Sep 10, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yepp.
And I scare myself all the time.

Shadowpawn
Sep 10, 2004, 07:44 PM
I do because I am one...

Solstis
Sep 10, 2004, 09:21 PM
On 2004-09-10 17:41, navinator wrote:
Yepp.
And I scare myself all the time.

Yeah.

I'm hypersensitive (at times) and somewhat paranoid.

So yeah.

Guile
Sep 10, 2004, 09:49 PM
No. Never seen one. Never seen proof of one.

EphekZ
Sep 10, 2004, 11:42 PM
well im not sure ive read a book about seeing ghosts i tried two things but faile both tests

1) "a dog is just at teh right hieght to see a ghost"(i thought that was lame but i tried anyways not only once) nothing so ya

2) "usually ghosts walk so try putting a dust type on the floor and you might see some foot prints of a ghost" no foot prints -_-

so ive ruled out the possibility of ghosts

but i am up for any proof (not sites i have to see it myself)

RuneLateralus
Sep 11, 2004, 02:41 AM
I have that same incident occur in my house every now and then. I do believe they exist.

BOC
Sep 11, 2004, 07:07 PM
yeah. i kinda had a ghostly experience a 4 years ago. i was walking home one evening through a nearby park. this park is pretty damn wide and pretty damn long. its bascially a field with a few park things stuck in it. i was alone and walking up this hill. and i became aware of someone walking about 5-10 meters behind me. i saw some guy walking behind me. i didn't really look too hard because i thought nothing of it, though i kinda wondered wer he had came from as it was an open space and u can see people coming in all directions. but i glanced again and i remember he was wearing dark clothes and i couldn't really see his face as the nite was drawing in and the shadows where in that direction. i kept walking but quickened my pace as i hate people walking behind me (don't ask why i just can always feel their eyes burning into the back of my skull). i then notice that the dude wasn't really making any sound. fair enough we were walking on grass but it was pretty long (lazy assed park-keeper) and i found it strange as i was making plenty of swishy grass noises. i glanced over my shoulder again and saw this guy was walking very close, arms length away. i was starting to get worried as u know how when somebody wants to over take you when walking they vear towards the right or left so they don't walk into you? i was worried that this guy was gonna lynch me, as there had been a few muggings in the park. i walked a little faster. a few seconds later i looked over my shoulder and he was gone. i stopped and looked all around. i was in an open space with no other people arond apart from a few kiddies about 50 meters away at the play park. this dude had just up and vanished. i ran the whole way home with a chill down my spine.

brrrrrrrr, getting chills now. my whole damn town is full of ghost stories, its a pretty old town with plenty of old buildings and about 6 graveyards and many tales of tragic death. so if the restless dead do exist im pretty damn sure theres plenty of them roaming around here.

PEACE!!!

opaopajr
Sep 12, 2004, 02:34 PM
my favorite documented ghost story was the Briton story of the Night of Old Nick (reference to satan, not santa claus - that's st. nick). sometime around the 1600s or something there was a nice blanketing of snow along most of the british countryside. but when people awoke next morning there was a train of horseshoe-looking prints in the snow. the fascinating part was the prints were one in front of the other, distinctly unlike any normal hooved print. also these prints visited each person's window in one town, without retracing steps, "leapt" across a dangerously instable, lightly frozen river that was incredibly wide (several 100 meters or so), continued rapidly through forest and heath to another town some 20-something miles away, ran to each window and then disappeared. now, between last nightwatchman who saw nothing, and morning watchmen (and city residents) who saw the prints, was a time frame of under an hour (so whatever this thing was, and some think it was a hopping field mouse, it was very fast). and a great part was where the prints were on the *sides* of a fence, alternating upon each side (a very difficult task for goats, and field mice).

there were attempts in investigation, but after a while the fresh snow was too disturbed to be useful. drawings, comparative animal footprint patterns, and hunting parties were created to try to figure what the hell this was. it's a great story from history! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif very "are you afraid of the dark?"

radicalEdward
Sep 12, 2004, 07:25 PM
no, but I used to be afraid that a monster would come out of the potty after I'd flush it.

DarthFomar
Sep 12, 2004, 09:55 PM
No, I don't believe in them.

They may exist, in another reality we cannot fathom (or see)...but, who knows.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Orange_Coconut
Sep 12, 2004, 09:57 PM
Not sure. I haven't really thought about it. After digging up some info from different sides, etc etc. Then maybe I'll have a decision on the subject. I'll check into it soon.