PDA

View Full Version : Death Dreams....

agenevil
Sep 10, 2004, 11:47 PM
1:

I see a white room in front of me, and I hear the trigger being pulled. My Head weighs a ton, and falls to my right. I am still awake, with no pulse. I wake up.

2:

This one is very... odd. I am watching Titanic, and as the last half tilts up, I am at the bottom of it, then I appear in a parking lot... then for some reason, I pick up a gun and shoot at 3 security guards. One shoots me in the forehead. I then get up as a ghost, see my body, and appear in my bedroom... then I wake up.

3:

In Hawaii, swimming in the ocean... a volcano erupts and I feel magma melting through my right shoulder. Then all over my back and legs. I am just singed, but I swim to land, get singed more, and get in a car. I am driving as fast as I can away from the volcano and I hit a blue car. I wake up.

Why am I having these lately? Why the hell am I having so many nosebleeds lately? Why can't I finish one of my projects?

Fuck it.

My friend Scott had a dream where he went into a forest, and came upon a giant white snail with a door. Inside and out of the snail were hundreds of people. Then it switches to overhead view, and red dot things start killing all the people. When they touch a person that person turns inside out. They eventually broke theh ead off the snail and killed everyone inside of it.

What death dreams have you had?

Solstis
Sep 10, 2004, 11:49 PM
Sounds like you're having problems at home/sexuality/stars are not properly aligned.

I have so far:

Been shot by stone men/ghosts during a recurring dream. I later found the ring-leader to be my mother. This was an dream from my childhood, and now that I think about it... nevermind.

I was also once eaten by the blob. That's about it.

agenevil
Sep 10, 2004, 11:59 PM
On 2004-09-10 21:49, Solstis wrote:
Sounds like you're having problems at home/sexuality/stars are not properly aligned.

I dont get it....

I am gemini, if that means anything.

Solstis
Sep 11, 2004, 12:02 AM
On 2004-09-10 21:59, agenevil wrote:

On 2004-09-10 21:49, Solstis wrote:

I dont get it....

I am gemini, if that means anything.

The stars not properly aligned thing was a joke.

:/

I was trying to say that stress may affecting your subconscious.

Aredhel
Sep 11, 2004, 10:24 AM
...and it does http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dream analyzation is a science and there are many theories on WHY you might dream about dying. Usually, dreams are your subconscoius trying to resolve real-world (define that, hmmm http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) dilemmas. Your mind makes these resolution play out in your head like a movie, though much of the time the movie makes no sense whatsoever. Meh - nobody ever said you were a great writer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Perhaps you are afraid of death in real-life? Especially lately? Maybe death is really a symbol for something else....maybe not. I'm really not sure, and I really don't get paid enough to find out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Sep 11, 2004, 12:12 PM
I have been having those kinda dreams i am also not sure if i fear death or not when i think about it at nigjhty I cant sleep but at other times i really dont care....also i have dreams that i die they get boring after i actually die...i just wait on cloud teh rest of the time and watch people....

I have to say oen of my best dreams was a nightmare/well just weird

i am ina small pitch black room the a light comews on not very bright one though and the roof starts to rise rapidly it went very high so i look then I hear stompingsi turn around I see 3 GIANT! CHICKEN NUGGETS trying to jump on my i got pushed into the corner and right when they were about to jump on i saw it right above my head and...i woke up

weird dream...but also pretty funny

i heard from somewhere that if you actually die in your dream like actually you die i heard that somewhere but that freaks me out sometimes....ya...

Jason
Sep 11, 2004, 12:51 PM
Whenever I'm in a dream, sometimes I'm in a dangerous situlation that could result in death. Like climbing up a really long rope ladder. In that dream, If I let go and there's nothing below to be safe from the fall, I knew I would have died. No, not really. I had a dream like that, and in those dreams of being in dangerous situlations I always felt and think like I'm actually in reality instead of in a dream. In a dream, I often can't think or tell myself that I am in a dream. So in those dreams I keep myself safe like in reality.

Aredhel
Sep 11, 2004, 04:12 PM
It is impossible to actually die in a dream. Mind you, there are certain disorders such as sleep apnea where you can stop breathing during your sleep, but the mind takes over in that case and will wake you up in time. Dying in your dream cannot and does not really have any actual effect in the real-world though.

Calibur
Sep 11, 2004, 05:47 PM
well when i was a kid one of those mario plants ate me...yeah i know my dreams suck...

Dominitrus
Sep 11, 2004, 05:57 PM
I had reoccuring dreams in the past, that I was being chased by Zombies, terrorists, crazy killers....the wierd thing was each time I try to run I felt as if I cant and my legs where uber tired and just when im about to stop and they could catch me I wake up.
I really felt fear in those dreams.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dominitrus on 2004-09-11 15:59 ]</font>

BOC
Sep 11, 2004, 05:58 PM
i've never actually died in any of my dreams. but i have had dreams where friends & family have died or something has been trying to kill me.

the most memorable series of dreams i have had was when i was about 9 i dreamt i was lost in the jungle and being hunted by the predator.

or one time about 5 years ago i dreamt that a dude wearing a ski mask bust into my school and started shooting all my friends.

u can almost always relate ur dreams back to your fears and whatnot. when i as having the predator dreams as a kid i was getting bullied by 2 dudes in school. when i think about it, it was probably my sub-concious mind manifesting my fears of them finding me in the playground and pushing me around.

or the ski mask dream, around that time i was beginning to think that a lot of my friends where fed up with me and were gonna stop hanging out with me. them dying in the dream signified my fear of losing my buddies. (thankfully their still mates cause im just that loveable http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

and lately i have been dreaming about a girl i know a hell of a lot. u know its love when their in ur dreams every nite :wub:.

ur dreams seem quite vivid and specific. is there anything in your life at the minute thats really getting to u? anything really might be causing these dreams. or it may just be the overworkings of a an imaginative mind.

see? watching fraiser does pay off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

PEACE!!!

dude3282
Sep 11, 2004, 08:47 PM
I forget a lot of my dreams by the time I wake up, but a lot of the ones that I do remember have to do with me running away from something. What bugs me, though, is that I can't feel things very well in a dream. Like, I punch something in my dream and I don't feel it in my knuckles. Drives me nuts. Usually, my brain either realizes "hey, this is a dream" or it compensates by having me think I'm not punching very hard, or the thing I'm hitting is softer than I thought, etc. I remember a dream where I kept banging my head against a desk harder and harder and harder because I didn't feel anything on my forehead. I think that counts as pretty strange.

Aredhel
Sep 11, 2004, 08:59 PM
I once woke up after dreaming that I hit my head on a rock. My tongue was bleeding because I'd actually hit my head on my headboard and bit my tongue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

That was interesting... but I wasn't dead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

InfinityXXX
Sep 12, 2004, 01:55 AM
I don't think i dreamed of a dream in which i died. My grandma told me that death dreams mean that your guilty from something or running/hiding from something. I don't know if thats true because my grandma comes up with lots of crazy thngs but i DO know that if you dream of someone dying and you DON'T see there face or know who they are then that mean somethin bad. My uncle dreamed of standing next to a coffin lookin at a dead body and that day my aunt died. My mom also dreamed of someone dying and she didn't see that persons face and the next day my cousin committed suicide. But I still don't believe dreams can tell are futures. Like i said earlier i never dreamed of a death dream but i've had a lot of freaky dreams, like one time i dreamed i met Ness, a member from this site.

Anubis_
Sep 13, 2004, 04:33 AM
Usually, dreams are your subconscoius trying to resolve real-world (define that, hmmm ) dilemmas.

Unless its something you ate.. I always have weird dreams If I sleep right after eating Pasta, or any heavy Sause..

I think Dreams only mean something if you think they mean something. Your Subconcious has a way of telling you something you wouldn't listen to if you were awake.

Somethimes a death dream means someone is going to be born, but in your case i dont think thats true. Those kinds of dreams useualy refer to one person dying. Since It's about you dying It might be a lot of stress build up, or an undecisiveness over a serious matter..

Perhaps someone told you something that made you think that you wern't prepared to answer, and you afraid if you anwsered it wrong you would regret it. Or perhaps a serious matter you left unattended..

goku4ever
Sep 13, 2004, 02:10 PM
My dreams are pretty damn cool. One time i dreamt that i was in america and the american government was assasinating everyone with snipers and i was one of the few left. Another time I had this dream that I was feeling up this mega fit woman. And recently i seem to be dreaming about this girl i know, and like a lot.

EDIT: also i sometimes jump off cliffs and have that wierd falling sensation like you do on roler coasters, then land and get up perfeclty ok. Also sometimes I have this dream and my tongue is in mega pain coz its all twisted up somehow in my mouth and it is really uncomfortable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goku4ever on 2004-09-13 12:12 ]</font>

Garanz2
Sep 13, 2004, 02:53 PM
On 2004-09-13 12:10, goku4ever wrote:
My dreams are pretty damn cool. One time i dreamt that i was in america and the american government was assasinating everyone with snipers and i was one of the few left.

And how in God's name do you percieve that as 'cool'?

ON-TOPIC: For some reason, I barely ever dream. When I do dream, I usually forget all of it within a few moments after waking up...

Freaky.

Zebulan7
Sep 13, 2004, 08:50 PM
I had a dream where I killed my friend's dad because my aunt died from a "freak hanging." In the end of the dream I was sitting in a pew at their funeral, whispering "never again... never again... never..."etc

The most freaky thing about this dream, besides me being a loony, is the fact that throughout the entire dream I was looking right at my face, much like Aredhel's sig.

I die in my dreams sometimes too, but those aren't as weird as some of my other ones (like when I discover that the C.I.A. is really a modeling agency for the U.S.).