PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if an oran can find..

dekar
Jun 28, 2002, 01:16 PM
a legendary saber? it looks awesome and i gotta know if i can find it!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/ancient1.jpg here's a pic of you need it!

TeamPhalanx
Jun 28, 2002, 01:48 PM
ORAN cannot find ANCIENT SABERs, instead they find RED SABERS, which, with its higher ATA, is better.

VulpesMundi
Jun 29, 2002, 04:07 AM
A-type IDs find Ancient Sabers (Purplenum, Redria, Skyly, Viridia, Yellowboze).
B-type IDs find Red Sabers (Bluefull, Greennill, Oran, Pinkall, Whitill).

Assuming you're not just going for looks, consider this...

When they're both at max grind, the red Saber is 10 ATP stronger. Also a Red Saber has 50 more ATA, making it the much more viable choice. Just to show you how bad the Ancient Saber is a Lavis Cannon from back in ver.1 adds 72 ATA. An Ancient Saber only gives 65 ATA which, along with the S-rank J-Blade, is the worst ATA bonus out of all the ver.2 weapons. Sure they're powerful after a fashion, but when they miss 67% of the time in Ultimate mode they're hardly useful.

An even better choice would be the Elysion which has slightly less max ATP than the Ancient and Red Sabers, but has 40 ATA higher than the Red Saber and looks far cooler than both, imo. Problem is you have little chance of finding one of those in the Ultimate Mine floor 2 from random boxes.

Perhaps the best choice (granted you have a State/Maintenance unit) is the Yamigarasu. It's far stronger than all of the above and has 35 more ATA than the Elysion, not to mention it looks like a katana gone light saber. It can randomly have up to three stat types at a max of 15% each. The catch with this is you need to be able to go online and play the quest Towards the Future. You also have to finish this quest with the following stipulations...
1. play on Ultimate mode
2. finish in under an hour
3. nobody on the team can die (Falz's slash does 1290 HP damage)
4. the team must kill all 197 enemies

Another decent choice is an S-Rank Saber. At max grind (and considering 0% on all) it's the strongest of the bunch and has the highest ATA as well, 10 more than the Yamigarasu. If you can go online and play Challenge Mode, it's a decent weapon worth getting if you like saber-class weapons.

Happy hunting.

Malkavian
Jun 29, 2002, 07:51 AM
Hey you forgot the toy hammer or srank hammer. Both are good options too heh

TeamPhalanx
Jun 29, 2002, 11:07 AM
RED SABER is the best weapon of its kind. It all comes down to %, and the odds that a player will find another saber type weapon with good % is very slim.

dekar
Jun 29, 2002, 12:30 PM
crap. i can't get online, and all those weapons are cool... and i don't even do any damage in ult mines =/ any weapon suggestions for that, btw? cause i'm gonna be stuck in the ult caves for about 10-15 levels...at least to get strong enough to do damage.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 29, 2002, 01:11 PM
I really can't recommend you go to Ultimate Mines unless you have a S-Rank needle (which you can't get) or a really good % weapon.

Best to try to get a RED HANDGUN with at least 40% machine.

dekar
Jun 29, 2002, 02:00 PM
crap again, all i have is 5% on my red handgun, i'm gonna have to look really damn hard for one with good %.....

TeamPhalanx
Jun 29, 2002, 03:23 PM
Oh boy... you're a HUcast... For now, don't even bother with Ultimate Mines. Mines/Ruins you really need jellen/zalure.

To give you an idea, my HUnewearl at max ATP + shifta + 45% machine RED DAGGER still needs 4 hits to destroy something in Ultimate Ruins.

You could beat Ultimate Mines at your level, but it'll take a lot of confuse traps and time.

dekar
Jun 29, 2002, 04:41 PM
mines... ok then.. time, yeah! i have hella lots of that.. that's why i can raise 3 chars ^_^;

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2002, 05:43 AM
Man don't give up!!! My first time ultimate I cleared ult mines at lv 79, well the boss killed me :/, make sure you have at least 780 hp. All u must do is damage + confuse trap, and if u have something that cna do damage use it too. Then use freeze traps to take more damage.

dekar
Jul 1, 2002, 05:00 PM
bleh, went into mines, and they 1-hit ko'ed me, and it wasn't even a critical!

TeamPhalanx
Jul 1, 2002, 05:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Too funny...

Malkavian
Jul 2, 2002, 11:06 AM
man u r so weak!!!!
My Hucast did it at lv 79 with very crap equipment....

dekar
Jul 2, 2002, 10:23 PM
heh, i laughed pretty hard too
my def sucks.. an actually.. i can't remember if it was a critical or not o.O
all i know is that it sucked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

dekar
Jul 3, 2002, 12:07 PM
lesse.. how much damage do they do, anyway> i have 759 health!